Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Vampires, Bloodsuckers
BOMZAY
post Mar 9 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello everybody!

I'd like to talk about vampires. You know- there are people, who sucks out other people energy to feel energized and strenghtened. So! i have a theory - there are certain people, who can survive only from meditation and energies, but at the same time most of all people must feed with food. SO! If there are vampires, that feed from other people energy, couldn't there be vampires, that have been mentioned in every culture in all times all around the world - the real bloodsucker creatures? Think about it! Humans blood holds the part of the human himself - the life juice. So - if this vampire couldn't feed from other people energy, he would suck other people blood! I think it's logical! And - by feeding from other people you should receive part of their positive and negative charasteristics!

Anyone heard something of real vampires and is there anyone, who can share their knowldege about them on this forum? I find it quite possible, that there are some species, that developed differently than we did - they stayed hunters instead of all other people, who became peasants.

Thanks.

--------------------
Esmu pateicigs par zinibam kuras gustu...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Mar 15 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

QUOTE(BOMZAY @ Mar 9 2009, 10:05 AM) *

So! i have a theory

Theory or hypothesis? Getting the two confused can have disastrous results in any intellectual community. Be careful.

there are certain people, who can survive only from meditation and energies, but at the same time most of all people must feed with food. SO! If there are vampires, that feed from other people energy, couldn't there be vampires, that have been mentioned in every culture in all times all around the world
Slow down, reword this. What are you saying?

- the real bloodsucker creatures?

You mean Porphyric Hemophelia (spelling?)?

Think about it! Humans blood holds the part of the human himself - the life juice.

I got your life juice RIGHT HERE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif)

So - if this vampire couldn't feed from other people energy, he would suck other people blood! I think it's logical! And - by feeding from other people you should receive part of their positive and negative charasteristics!
Doubtful. What you imply means total assimilation of any incoming DNA through the digestive tract. What you also imply there is that after the blood/DNA/etc reaches the digestive tract, it doesn't get denatured to shreds by all the gastric juices. No such cases have been recorded yet, and even less so in myth.

Anyone heard something of real vampires and is there anyone, who can share their knowldege about them on this forum? I find it quite possible, that there are some species, that developed differently than we did - they stayed hunters instead of all other people, who became peasants.
What are you talking about? Hunters? Peasants? When did this all happen? What era of history are you talking about? An entire species developing, according to the evolution theory, takes a very, very long time. If you are talking about peasants, you are talking about domestic technology, which developed just shy of 10,000 years ago. Humans now and humans 10k years ago have too little in difference to be considered a different species.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Djinn Shiva
post Mar 15 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I agree with Xenomancer. Feeding off of blood is supposed to be purely about nutrients, not assimilation of the owner's characteristics.
Personally, I've never met a vampire in person. Though my girlfriend had met a psionic vampire before, but that's a different story.

On a sidenote, I had heard a story of a hacker who hacked into the Vatican computer and read some files.
He quit before he was caught, but before he did so, he read a file that happened to mention vampires. It said something about vampires being an entire species of beings.
It was an interesting story, I thought. =P

--------------------
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

+Quote Post

bym
post Mar 15 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #4

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

The Vatican story is an urban myth. You'll run yourself ragged over that kind of stuff. In my day it was someone who gained entry to the Archives and happened to read a reference to Vampires. Now they are hacking a computer system. You'll never hear a name, date, file or anything that can be corroborated. The net is stuffed full of misinformation and Barnums quote still holds true... "...there's a sucker born every minute..." or somesuch paraphrase. Stick to your hard information, the truth is usually right in front of you. We have a copy of the Vampires Codex (or whatever ) in the library. It is very interesting reading. I know quite a few psionic vampires and a few 'fringe'-element who believe that they require blood/bloodenergy. My personal thoughts about this are not very sociable so I won't publish them...it would be better that you find out for yourselves, then come tell me about it over a good scotch and whatever is en vogue to smoke on a languid evening! We'll have a good time!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

BOMZAY
post Mar 16 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

IF you cannot get energy thtough your stomach, why then potions are made? You can get energy - this is how scandinavian vikings got their strength - their initiation was to hunt down a predatotr (bear, wolf) and eat their heart. This is the same as with blood - of course, physically you cannot get some kind of stamina boost. But when you suck out persons blood, you suck out his energy as well, you suck out his life. So what I was saying - imagine if there was some branch of men or things, who were all doing this for centuries or milleniums - by now they should be addictive to this and they should have developed some kind of attributics, that would help them.

I'm sorry (actually i'm not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), that english is not my primary language, so, xeromancer - what i was trying to say - If there are people, who can survive from meditating and people who can survive from only eating, then, just like there are psionic vampires, there could be physical vampires. Clear enough? Or should I make this more simple?

--------------------

+Quote Post

bym
post Mar 16 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #6

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I'm not disputing that there are ways of 'imbibing' life essences. But I also think that there are highly romantacized legendss/stories of late floating around out there. Quite a few occult oriented people of this generation (or so) have this strong fascination with vampirism. It was quite in style to belong to vampire organizations or even claim to being a vampire! The idea of a specific race of vampires is relatively new and has little to no supporting evidence. That doesn't say it is not in existence just that it is highly improbable.

Taking in characteristics from another is an old and multi-faceted tradition. Cannibals usually do it to absorb the better qualities of the people that they consume (we're not talking a fancy dinner party NOR a hunter/hunted scenario.

Most potions work because of chemistry. There are special rituals that involve imbibing that are set up to transfer energy(ies), even thoughts or memories. The ritual of Transubstantiation is just such a ritual/magical act! The Body and Blood of the Christ.
Look into the Voudon Workshop Book by Michael Bertiaux for some excellent ideas about 'potions and elixirs'. The Aurum Solis have rituals that prepare water into various planetary elixirs for the betterment of its members. IMHO it was through chemistry that got that ball rolling! btw...you only get the energy/force/etc. by an act of intent whilst performing the 'meal'. Psionic vampirism is abit different and quite often is done without the victim being aware of it while it is going on!

Look...most of the science we know of today had its roots in stories and legends. A prime example of this was H.G.Wells' classics (to name one source). As far as I know (and that is severly limited) they have not come up with any DNA patterning that would suggest that there are a race of vampire or vampirelike being coinhabiting this planet with us. There are tons of legends about monsters or spirits that have vampire like qualities. But it would be my guess that you have a good handle on those and that you are an amatuer scholar about the subject (unless you've published something, have you?). You may be our resident expert!
Anything is possible...whether or not it happens around us is another thing entirely! I hope you didn't think that I was mocking/deriding you...I am not! What I was trying to do was to take some of the 'Hollywood' out of the idea! I hope you understand me on this! (and your English is better than most Americans)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 16 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #7

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

i never drank blood™, but i have taken life and magickal energy from idiots that didn't shield

there's a ton of us out there that would eat you, if you let us

some don't taste right and we just leave them alone, and lately as i have evolved higher and further, the lower evolved aren't tasty anymore

the best ever meal is an advanced magick worker that walks away from it all

Vampirism & Energy Work Research Study: go here

(IMG:http://www.suscitatio.com/images/320_285GraphNegUR.jpg)

This post has been edited by esoterica: Mar 16 2009, 08:37 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

BOMZAY
post Mar 16 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Mar 16 2009, 09:30 AM) *

Look...most of the science we know of today had its roots in stories and legends. A prime example of this was H.G.Wells' classics (to name one source). As far as I know (and that is severly limited) they have not come up with any DNA patterning that would suggest that there are a race of vampire or vampirelike being coinhabiting this planet with us. There are tons of legends about monsters or spirits that have vampire like qualities. But it would be my guess that you have a good handle on those and that you are an amatuer scholar about the subject (unless you've published something, have you?). You may be our resident expert!
Anything is possible...whether or not it happens around us is another thing entirely! I hope you didn't think that I was mocking/deriding you...I am not! What I was trying to do was to take some of the 'Hollywood' out of the idea! I hope you understand me on this! (and your English is better than most Americans)

I understand what you're saying clearly. It just seems obvious to me. You see- I come from Latvia. If you will do some research of history of my country, you will see, that in many sources latvia is reffered to as "land of wolverines and witches". And the sources I'm talking about is from the great rome and eastern tribes. people from all arround europe and western asia came to Latvia for guidance and knowledge. That is why many of our forests have sacred ritual grounds all over them, gravitation changes and weird growing trees with rocks. When you see it, you cannot forget it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) There are even forests, where only few can go in without haveing migrene for a week or more. Many who goes in there afterwards have nightmares. It is all because of the strong shamanism/druidism presence in our history - every old lady knows something about herbs, animals and spellwork. There are many legends arround here about wolverines and witches. A priest, who killed families, witches, who kiled travelers ect. And these are no fairy tales of hollywood. These are stories passed down in generations by the same old ladies. And the stories sound similar in all cultures. Man turned into a beast and killed young woman, man sucked out other mans blood... Even native american indians have these legends and i doubt, that people from latvia rushed over for a cup of tea to chat about it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
But that's only my very ungrounded opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

bym
post Mar 16 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #9

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Latvia has not cornered the market on things strange or wierd. I come from Scotland/Ireland...we've got plenty of folktales here also! We're talking vampires not theriomorphs, or Baba Yaga style witches. My point was to tell you to look more to the obvious. Hell...I know some vampires and they're decent people! I've not tested their DNA but I'm reasonably assured that human beings are all too inventive when it comes down to things that go bump in the night!
(btw, Thanks Es! I hear ya!) I'm closely tied to shamanism and could tell you stories that would keep you up at night. Skinwalkers, the Wendigo, etc. I'm very interested in such things! Druidism in endemic to my corner of the world as well. *sigh* This shouldn't become a pissing contest. You win. Ever meet a real Lamia?

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

BOMZAY
post Mar 17 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Mar 16 2009, 06:48 PM) *

Latvia has not cornered the market on things strange or wierd. I come from Scotland/Ireland...we've got plenty of folktales here also! We're talking vampires not theriomorphs, or Baba Yaga style witches. My point was to tell you to look more to the obvious. Hell...I know some vampires and they're decent people! I've not tested their DNA but I'm reasonably assured that human beings are all too inventive when it comes down to things that go bump in the night!
(btw, Thanks Es! I hear ya!) I'm closely tied to shamanism and could tell you stories that would keep you up at night. Skinwalkers, the Wendigo, etc. I'm very interested in such things! Druidism in endemic to my corner of the world as well. *sigh* This shouldn't become a pissing contest. You win. Ever meet a real Lamia?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) My point was to tell some of fairy tales, so people could see, that no matter where you are - they are somehow similar. My beliefs are based on traditions, that are the same all over the world in places not connected (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I simply do not believe, tha people in Norh america and eastern europe made the same things up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Hell I'd like to hear about those things. And, Lamia? What is Lamia?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/baby.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse