Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Witch House Dream, warning, long narrative!
bym
post Feb 6 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I'm not one to normally ask advice about my 'dreams'. I suppose that I consider them fairly
private and am usually not willing to disclose hidden chinks/insights in my mental
meanderings. That being said, I've recently had a change of heart. Call it loneliness, call it
whatever you'd like. I've been resident here on this Forum for a fair bit. In this case I would like
to hear from you(all) that care to comment/berate or even lecture me concerning a very
pointed dream. As a preface I would like to comment that, in my decline, my state of mind is
slowly transitioning into an almost continuous dreamstate. The lucidity has become very intense.
OBE's are more a normalcy than an occasional occurence. Again, please blow by this preamble
as it merely colors the tale. Note: I have not read any Lovecraft, etc. for months...

I was with a small group/collective of friends and acquaintances somewhere in a lightly qwooded hillside
in what could be anywhere from Virginia to Massachusetts, USA. (I say this more for the 'feel' of the
topology than as for the exact location...it could be Kentucky!) We were there to explore a structure
refered to as "the Witch-house". In the 'dream' this brought feelings of thrill/curiosity/horror. The attitude of
my companions was of similar venue. The house in question appeared to be of an antebellum style as one finds
in the Baltimore, Md. area. From the outside it was a smallish plantation style, two storied but not
grandiose. We entered the front door. Inside, the rooms were vacant of furnishings save for an occasional
chair. I remember looking out the door, down the outside hill to where we had parked our cars(the house
was situated on a small wooded hill, at its crown) Delapidated was a good word to describe the house...that
and a pervasive feeling of 'taint'...like something gone bad. (?) There were small signs of rodent activity.
Somehow it was suggested that we look for signs of hidden magical or 'witchcraft' activity. The house was
barren and we couldn't find any access to a basement. This prompted a few of us to try prying up the floor
which consisted of tiles. Shovels were produced and we managed to dislodge a number of the tiles disclosing
earth beneath them. The person 'in-charge' of the expedition (I could not identify him as a friend but, rather, as an
acquaintance) suggested that it seemed unlikely that there wasn't a basement despite the dirt present.
Sure enough we encountered a wooden sub-structure below the dirt. I had rapped hard on the dirt and noticed
a hollow noise implicating a hollow space further down. Upon this discovery the sense of 'danger' increased
noticeably. We all took turns removing tiles and dirt exposing wooden flooring. We also discussed leaving and
procuring more help. (There were about 6 of us) I remember looking out a front window toward the parked cars
about 400 yds away to establish a direct line of sight getaway, if needed.
Eventually we broke through the wooden flooring, revealing a darkened space beneath. We reasoned that there must be
an access from our level to the basement...most likely a hidden stair/passage. I remember going through the
floor into the hole with a light. An empty bricklined basement was revealed as well as a stairway going up. Another
friend had accompanied me down and he went off to lok around as I went to the stairway climbing it until I opened a
door to the upper room(s). The door was hidden in the moulding of an old fireplace. We all descended. The feeling of
danger increased noticeably. There was alot of speculative talk about the one-time residents of the house and their activities.
In the basement we discovered many different passages similarily hidden from casual observation. A whole wall 'rolled'
back rvealing an artistic frescoe depicting the worship of cthonic deities and small piles of bones and detritus. We were horrified yet
sparked with the spirit of discovery. I remember cautioning others about what they may find (as if I knew!) We discovered whole
galleries of corridors and passages, hidden stairs and pits, as well as a few staffs, even a large fork-like implement that was used
much like a pitchfork is used in farming/moving hay. The creeping horror feeling was continuous. As the 'dream' progressed I
watched as my companions split up going different ways, exploring the many different passages. At one time we found
our selves outside the house in an opening in the hill in back of the house looking over what appeared to be an amphitheatre!
There were many frescoes/drawings revealed in the house underground. I remarked to a friend that it appeared to be a series
of 'classic(al) depictions of ancient witchcults from the early Greek/Roman days. I do remember looking upon a statue of Hecate
at one point. Some of these drawings filled me with disgust and horror whilst others didn't phase me at all! Very confusing!
In the end our group had fragmented...small groups going off to their own ends others, singly, going theirs. (At one point our group
expanded to twelve or so...) The last thing I remember was pushing a white flower-like decoration on a marble fireplace and a door
opening and I stepped through to find myself in my room at home!

There was alot of descriptions omitted and some outright faded from my recollection. Parts of this house held definative feelings evoking
'evil' in me as well as others that just fascinated me and others that were exciting in a good way. The Amphitheatre was one such as this.
The demeanor of my companions changed as they arrived or followed their individual noses throughout the house. Only one of the party
vanished by ascending rather than descending. I remember thinking this as being rather significant as it felt that they suddenly ceased
to be. *sigh* I warned them to not go there but they ignored me. Why the hell not? The 'leader' of the group was one of the first to vanish behind
a rather grisly discovery of old bones and what appeared to be dried blood. There was also an altar revealing a picture of cannabilism. Most of us
avoided it at all costs.

Well....there is the 'dream'. Any ideas? thoughts? I have my own ideas but thought, perhaps, I'll just shut up for once and listen.
I apologize for the length of this narrative.....

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Casadeluna
post Feb 8 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

There have been many dream encounters of such a feeling you describe in your witch house. I much enjoyed the dive into your astral mind, and found many things in cohesive progression. The thing we tend to let slip, is that all we see within the hours of dreamland, is from within. This being said, the members of your party, are all found within you. The main point in mentioning THIS, is for the sake of lost party members. During this fit or terror you experienced, and perhaps while gazing at some of the more horrific aspects, tell me, why did you look away? Unvolentary actions to protect what sense of life you had? or was it more...

I've had a few run ins with witch houses myself, and upon decent into the dark below, there is always something changing, moving, watching...for what evil was there, is not far ahead, or behind you. I connect this feeling of pure terror, to our worst fear. whatever it may be, i'm sure it lies deep deep within the conciouss subconsiouss. There are many ways out of the house, I find simply leaving to be most effective, yet should you stay long enough that the members of your party completely dissolve, and the halls keep on and on, tell me what you see, what you meet. It is at this point i'll leave you to your adventures in the night world and wait for a response to that specific instruction....explore untill you are alone, and when you reach the great oak door, open it.

iii

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 8 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

LOL!I'vce been doing this for a time...During the dream I never fled in terror, rather I made myself look into the corners (there wasn't too much there) and, in the end, it was the discovery of the outside amphitheatre that I found myself at... During the dream in what may be considered the more 'disgusting' areas were thoroughly investigated. These areas were found to contain merely frescoed scenes or, at most, small bits of detritus. It was the 'feelings' that were most pronounced and they faded upon closer investigations. The feeling of 'dread' was very strong at first but lessened slowly as the search through the house commenced. The amphitheatre was actually quite a thrill, rich in discovery and peacefulness! It was in no way 'horrifying'!

In dreams past I used to be 'led' or let myself be moved through various mazelike structures...and still, on occasion, find myself back in some (I go back to reoccuring scenarios) but now I exercise more active volition on my movements and have discovered that the avenues opened are very interesting indeed! The most frustrating of them are when presented with a known maze and discover that the old egresses are no longer working and I must puzzle through them for new solutions...

My dreams are fairly straight forward in nature. The 'Witch-House' seemed to be more appropriate for this Forum. Thank you for your insight...I hadn't reached that view conciously and now everything appears to fall into place! *grin* Old and slow but still moving...any further revelations would be welcome from you (or others). You've given me a fair bit to ponder...and I feel more than alittle like a schoolboy again! LOL! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/baby.gif) But the 'evil' I felt was of long, long in the past. The house that once retained the 'evil' had fallen into disuse and ruin...whereas the amphitheatre was open air, new in appearance with growing trees and grass and a pool. There was no feeling of dread there. Mayhap my tenure here is coming to an end? We'll see. Again, Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Feb 8 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #4

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

oh what a wonderful dream! - and we love your 'hidden chinks' lol

first thing i would try very hard to find the portal you came out of into your house and attempt to push the carved rosette again to re-enter that world - but it was just a dream lol - oh to wander those halls and rooms, experiencing the vibrations and just generally hanging out with whatever comes along

if you can control your dreams, then i would work on returning, as soon as possible before the connection ebbs, perhaps not the digging but into the under-house directly, perhaps set up a magical linkage into the place, or at least the feeling, with a stone/crystal, etc

focus on the statue of hecate, raise the stone/crystal to your thind eye, and......

advanced: some things affected you and some didn't - to trancend this world is to journey beyond the conflict of dualism into the twilight world, but maintaining that transition can be intermittent - reference uncle al and the attempt at final aether

This post has been edited by esoterica: Feb 8 2010, 09:54 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Casadeluna
post Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Indeed you have been around the block a time or two, by the confidence you posses it is clear. I myself have obtained a weaker state of courage, more infused by curiosity than precision...I know this to be a dreadful mistake and have been easing myself into a more purpose orientated self. Although finding a purpose in nothing seems futile and dangerous.

I too often dream in familiar settings, or even the same dream. Alas no matter the familiarity or sameness encountered, there is always something different. Perhaps the mere noted notation of a similar setting is more than enough to send you off tilt and whirring into uncharted waters. I am intrigued, did you encounter any creature?

I've never been one to control my dreams, its more the other way around, and if I am ever presented with utmost ferocity, I always find a way to leave, but lately I've been getting hurt...not emotionally, or mentally, as in the pain does not register, but none the less, my left hand seems to enjoy its time spent away from me.

I know I'm much younger a mind than most all who post on these forums, yet that does not exclude me from you. As I may be ignorant and young the spirit which cralls deep beneath my skin is much more ancient than you or I. My deepest terror, is that ignorance is bliss, and the evil you felt had never dissipated, for the past is in congruent force with the present, all moments hence forth simply draw you closer to it. Perhaps the "Witch House" was alive, as was the "Ampitheater." As I have no doubt in the peace and serenity of such a place there's no challenge like the challenge of fear....my greatest ally, my arch nemesis.

III

This post has been edited by Casadeluna: Feb 8 2010, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post Feb 8 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

My interpretation of the dream is that this "Witch House" is representative of occult belief and belief systems. You can't find the path to the underlying meaning behind all of it, where it stems from( the foundation, if you will), but you try to dig and hope you hit it. You find what might be the foundation of occult belief, and you dive into the dark( the basement), to see what you might see. Others go with you, on their own quest for truth. You start out together but in the end a lot of you take different paths. Sometimes you join up again, or meet new people. Some people bypass a lot of thinking by sudden transcendence or death(the one who left by ascension). The foundation is found to be so old, ancient religions functioning on different ideas and ethics. Cannibalism and such things found in some of them, but you avoid them. Obviously you don't want to get caught up in things you simply cannot believe will lead you to the truth. The ways up, all the hidden stairways, would be representative of the truths you see continued from one of the older religions at the foundation through to a newer religion. The skeletons in the basement would be those who did not find the end to this question, but probably were at peace with how far they had come, and so stayed til the end. The newer looking amphitheater.... I'm not sure. Possibly a newer religion or belief which seems to stem from the older ones, as it seems to by design exemplify traits of the older religions. Well, if you've been thinking about religions and their differences and similarities and such and pondering various universal truths, this may be the proper interpretation of your dream.

And that was a good post by Esoterica. I liked the advanced help on the interpretation of this dream. I may have left something out, so if I missed anything, feel free to tell me, if you want to hear it that is.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

bym
post Feb 8 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

To all who have responded,
Thank you! I find validity in everything you've said thus far! And I truly appreciate the input!
When asking for such input it was forward in my mind to have new and different perspectives on the 'dream'.
In the past, when asked for input or interpretation of others dreams I've been met with denial and, in some instances, hostility from the person who asked for that same input!
I would be remiss (if not hypocritical) to dismiss, out of hand, the observations of my colleagues! (as we are, indeed, colleagues)
As I have stated before, my 'dreams' are very straightforward in appearance but contain many levels. The lucidity of them is really quite astounding, sometimes giving me full sensory data and concious control whilst 'dreaming'. I will, however, make this statement...these are 'dreams', lucid or not, and are NOT astral travels as I've come to know them. This does, in no way, invalidate them nor render them moot or merely psychological symbologies. (high words for an uneducated man!) It is more all-inclusive.
I've experienced on any number of occasions, astral projection, mental/etheric traveling, dreaming, lucid dreaming, shamanic trance-states, hallucenogenic 'trips' and a few variations of 'far' seeing. All have distinct earmarks/signs. Some occur within each other, some stand alone. I'm still trying to sort it all out! I may never finalize that project...*sigh*

Again, if anyone has further reflections or ideas, please don't hesitate to respond. And...for those that have, a very warm Thank you! We're none of us too old, too experienced to gain new/fresh perspective(s)!
(btw....I've come to carry a small crystal pyramid with me when I go anywhere...which is around the house....being crippled doesn't give me movement elsewhere. Since I've grown older I've started to wear a flannel shirt while I'm sleeping/when I sleep *sigh*I carry the pyramid in my pocket.) Do you think that the added presence of my crystal companion may have something to do with the lucidity of the 'dream'? I'm also thinking of availing myself of some of the Libraries audio tapes on preprogrammed trance/journeys to see what will happen. Any input would be vastly appreciated! *grin* Gods, so much to do, so little time! Who knew what hard work sleeping was! LOL! And here I am, babbling like a brook! Later.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Feb 8 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

As a preface I would like to comment that, in my decline, my state of mind is
slowly transitioning into an almost continuous dreamstate. The lucidity has become very intense.
OBE's are more a normalcy than an occasional occurence. Again, please blow by this preamble
as it merely colors the tale. Note: I have not read any Lovecraft, etc. for months...

So I've been working with lucid dreaming and interpretation since I was probably 12. More seriously around 14 but definately at an early age. As I developed the ability to control my dreams and have more lucid and vivid dreams there have been times where I literally did not know if I was either awake or actually asleep. In response to this I have learned to look for certain signs or things I call "keys", things that tell me if I am asleep or not. For example if I am asleep I can fly. Regardless of which I can tell you that its not that uncommon to sort of blur dreams and reality together. On the other hand if this state of mind is due to medical conditions, then that is a different story.

But on to your dream!

I was with a small group/collective of friends and acquaintances somewhere in a lightly qwooded hillside
in what could be anywhere from Virginia to Massachusetts, USA. (I say this more for the 'feel' of the
topology than as for the exact location...it could be Kentucky!) We were there to explore a structure
refered to as "the Witch-house". In the 'dream' this brought feelings of thrill/curiosity/horror

Remember people we encounter in our dreams are reflections of parts of our own personality. These people in this group may represent parts of you as you are now, as you were when you were younger and how you might become in the future.

As far as the location of the dream, rather than trying to apply a geographic location, consider where this is comming from in your self. Is it something from the heart? Or more superficial. The more superficial dreams are (in my opinion) the less serious you should take them.

The house itself is a structure of your own self. A foundation from which you can find all aspects of your personality. The witch house is the facade that makes you who you are. It represents not only your personality but your history as well. The things you find inside are reflections of your past, your present and your possible future.

The attitude of
my companions was of similar venue. The house in question appeared to be of an antebellum style as one finds
in the Baltimore, Md. area. From the outside it was a smallish plantation style, two storied but not
grandiose. We entered the front door. Inside, the rooms were vacant of furnishings save for an occasional
chair. I remember looking out the door, down the outside hill to where we had parked our cars(the house
was situated on a small wooded hill, at its crown) Delapidated was a good word to describe the house...that
and a pervasive feeling of 'taint'...like something gone bad.

I've seen you make wise cracks about your age. Perhaps this house reflects feeling old? And yet modest at the same time. When you enter the house for the first time you are at the first floor, the surface. This is the superficial part of yourself. It is empty. Which to me may mean that you feel that you are superficial. Or it could be seen as the opposite. This is where your point of view comes in. The feeling of "taint" might symbolize a desire for change. Or maybe some "spring cleaning", so to speak. Maybe you feel that your life could be different in a more positive way. Another way to look at the feeling of taint is more like a feeling of being unfamiliar with something. It could be that your mind is trying to get you to look at aspects of yourself that you avoid or never really knew existed.

This taint could also be a symbol of the element of air. And as you know, air is associated with creativity and intelligence. I know this tainted atmosphere may seen like a downer but if its just a symbol of something you are not familiar with it could mean that you are discovering new talents.

There were small signs of rodent activity.
Somehow it was suggested that we look for signs of hidden magical or 'witchcraft' activity. The house was
barren and we couldn't find any access to a basement. This prompted a few of us to try prying up the floor
which consisted of tiles. Shovels were produced and we managed to dislodge a number of the tiles disclosing
earth beneath them. The person 'in-charge' of the expedition (I could not identify him as a friend but, rather, as an
acquaintance) suggested that it seemed unlikely that there wasn't a basement despite the dirt present.

To me a barren house suggests negative feelings. Things that come to mind are loneliness and a lack of self efficacy and fullfillment. Since this is related to a scavenger hunt for something paranormal within this witch house, maybe you feel that working with the occult the way you do really isn't very productive. Or the results weren't that meaningful. It could also mean that this witch house does not represent something within yourself that can just be found so easily, its not superficial at all. What your brain might be trying to show you is something that you really have to dig for in order to find. The person who was "in charge" sounds like an aspect of your personality that represents self doubt. He claimed that there was no basement or rather no substance to what the witch house represents within this dream. Obviously this part of yourself is wrong. There is not only substance to this house, its huge.

The wood floor and the dirt can also symbolize the element of Earth (same with the brick wall you find later on). Earth of course symbolizes strength, stuburnness, fertility, endurance and in the context of this dream I think concealment could also apply.

had rapped hard on the dirt and noticed
a hollow noise implicating a hollow space further down. Upon this discovery the sense of 'danger' increased
noticeably. We all took turns removing tiles and dirt exposing wooden flooring. We also discussed leaving and
procuring more help. (There were about 6 of us) I remember looking out a front window toward the parked cars
about 400 yds away to establish a direct line of sight getaway, if needed.

This part implies introspection. Really delving deep into yourself to uncover the mystery behind the meaning of this dream. The challange is so great that you even considered getting more help. The sense of danger is actually a normal reaction. Its due to the anticipation. The thought of discovery, or what you might discover - old memories, hidden desires. Or even facing down old demons. This is feeling of danger does not have to represent reacting to something negative. In fact it may be more like a feeling of excitment like finding something powerful within yourself.

Eventually we broke through the wooden flooring, revealing a darkened space beneath. We reasoned that there must be
an access from our level to the basement...most likely a hidden stair/passage. I remember going through the
floor into the hole with a light. An empty bricklined basement was revealed as well as a stairway going up. Another
friend had accompanied me down and he went off to lok around as I went to the stairway climbing it until I opened a
door to the upper room(s). The door was hidden in the moulding of an old fireplace. We all descended. The feeling of
danger increased noticeably.

This part seems to reiterate the feelings of introspection and how "hidden" within yourself the symbolism of this dream is kept. Keep in mind that any time you go down in a dream it can symbolize descention and introspection. Descention may be seen as putting yourself down or giving into negative feelings or thoughts. But it could also mean that you are trying to uncover something buried deep within your psyche. And this can be a very good thing. A fire place can be seen as symbol for the element of fire. Fire can symbolize passion and intensity. This suggests that whatever is behind the fire place (even though its old and hasn't been used in forever) is pretty powerful, mentally.

There was alot of speculative talk about the one-time residents of the house and their activities.
In the basement we discovered many different passages similarily hidden from casual observation. A whole wall 'rolled'
back rvealing an artistic frescoe depicting the worship of cthonic deities and small piles of bones and detritus. We were horrified yet
sparked with the spirit of discovery.

These one-time residents may represent you in the past, hence why these representative symbols of yourself no longer reside there. The frescoe also intregues me. Its one of those ambiguous symbols that really doesn't have a clear cut meaning that I can give you. My opinion is that the painting symbolized death. You can take this as death literally or metaphorically. Maybe you've spent a good amount of time thinking about your own death. Or perhaps the frescoe is not that literal and instead the frescoe is depicting a sort of auto-biography of how you've changed over your life time. The imagry is meant to catch your focus and not leave you indifferent. But it doesn't necessarily mean anything negative.

I remember cautioning others about what they may find (as if I knew!) We discovered whole
galleries of corridors and passages, hidden stairs and pits, as well as a few staffs, even a large fork-like implement that was used
much like a pitchfork is used in farming/moving hay. The creeping horror feeling was continuous. As the 'dream' progressed I
watched as my companions split up going different ways, exploring the many different passages.

There is a couple ways I look at "path ways" (be they side walks, roads, trails or hall ways). Any sort of path may represent a direction you are taking in life. A direction in life might be the persuit of a career, relationship or goal (even drug addiction!). To see the members of your group seperate may be your dream's way of showing you the different gises you took at different points in life through the various paths you've traveled. Remember - those people are you yourself. They just represent different aspects. So yes you actually did know what was within this dream the whole time!

Another way to look at path ways more neurological. Pathways may actually symbolize synaptic routes in your brain that lead towards specific thoughts, feelings desires, memories (thats a big one too). So by traveling a path in your dream you are searching for some aspect of yourself (again thoughts, feelings, memories, personal habits and so forth).

The only thing I don't know about is the pitch fork like tool. Except if it was more like a trident that could be a symbol of Poseidon. You mentioned that this basement had links to esoteric mystery religions and cults who practiced them. A trident could also be a symbol of the element of water. And water in any form within the context of dreams can be applied to emotions. If all these feelings of dread are emotional to you, it could be that your dream is trying to get you to confront something difficult or to overcome some emotional obstecle.

At one time we found
our selves outside the house in an opening in the hill in back of the house looking over what appeared to be an amphitheatre!
There were many frescoes/drawings revealed in the house underground. I remarked to a friend that it appeared to be a series
of 'classic(al) depictions of ancient witchcults from the early Greek/Roman days.

If you remember your Roman and Greek studies, amphitheaters were not just venues of entertainment. They were also used a public forums where elections were held and where men could discuss anything from politics to economics. It may be that the theme of Greeco-Roman style art may represent something more specific to you personally. And this aphitheater may be your mind's way of trying to tell you that it is ok to express something you may be holding back.

I do remember looking upon a statue of Hecate
at one point. Some of these drawings filled me with disgust and horror whilst others didn't phase me at all! Very confusing!
In the end our group had fragmented...small groups going off to their own ends others, singly, going theirs. (At one point our group
expanded to twelve or so...) The last thing I remember was pushing a white flower-like decoration on a marble fireplace and a door
opening and I stepped through to find myself in my room at home!

Now Hecate is a more specific symbol that I can offer a few suggestions for. Hecate may represent the element of your spirit within this dream. I don't mean to lecture you over stuff you probably already know but I'll just mention this for good measure. Hecate is associated as the "goddess of the cross roads". She is often shown in a tripple form and is also associated with feminine aspects of nurishment as well as, get this - magick and witches! Coincidental? I don't think so. But I cannot tell you what any of this means. Just throw ideas at you and hope something clicks.

As for the rest of it. Confussion seems like an appropriate reaction. But confussion can also represent feelings of uncertainty or self deception. Within this dream it could represent self deception in that all that you described in your dream you described it as through it were seperate from yourself. As though it were not a part of you. And yet at the very end, you found yourself in your own room. Think the final message of this dream is that maybe you shouldn't try to dissociate yourself with all that symbolism, but rather embrace it as a more enriching part of who you are.

Only one of the party
vanished by ascending rather than descending. I remember thinking this as being rather significant as it felt that they suddenly ceased
to be. *sigh*

Maybe that person that ascending represents the only part of your personality within your dream that wasn't being overly critical. If descention represents putting your self down or looking deep within yourself, ascention represents praise and accomplishment.

'leader' of the group was one of the first to vanish behind
a rather grisly discovery of old bones and what appeared to be dried blood.

Growing up, were you a pretty stuburn kid who only liked to do things his way? This leader could be a reflection of how you were and the price you paid for being that way. It could also simply mean that you changed and find the bones and such was your mind's way of saying that alter to your personality is no longer a functional part of yourself.

There was also an altar revealing a picture of cannabilism. Most of us
avoided it at all costs.

Ah cannibalism! This actually came up in my last class I took on dream interpretations. And this one is a doozy. Not so much that it means anything bad its just there is so much it could mean. It also depends on the context of the cannibalism. You were not eating yourself or another person, nor being eating by other people you just saw a painting of it. My favorite take on cannibalism is that its a reaction to stress. For example if you are over worked or drained in a relationship it may feel that you are being eaten up by it. A less common alternative is that cannibalism actually is a reflection of the holy sacrement in which Jesus offered his blood and body to his disciples. Other possibilities could include the desire to take the abilities of another person. It could relate to dominance over yourself or others. Cannibalism may even reflect a lack of nurishment or a desire to eat away something cancerous or just unwanted in yourself.

But that is all I have got! I hope I gave you plenty of food for thought!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Feb 9 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

You're not the only one, some difference. A piece of a journal I've been keeping. I don't lucid dream nor do I practice magic.

10-18-08
There is this small house on a mound. There is a sign in front of it which listed tvs for $25. However there was something eeire about the house. It held mostly junk or old items. Three people entered and went up the stairs and did not comeback. I along with two others entered later to find the three. As I looked around I noticed the top of a skull on a record or book. There was a shadow and as I walked way from it still looking at it, it changed and became more pronounced as it became a full skull. This place was haunted. As we made from the exit, the exit door, instead became another room and tried to draw us in. We did manage to find an exit and escape to the outside. As we were outside the three also followed, possessed by something with skulled heads. It was then that the big handprint lines in my hands split open and some kind of dust material began to spill out from it. I told my companions to sprinkle the material onto the skulls. The skulls began to dissolve and moments later the ghost appeared. Somehow I conjured up a rain, which turned into a thunderstorm, and the storm cleared and the clouds began to give way to the sun, I could see the apparition or a woman starting to float to the sky, as if it had been released. It waved at me and I waved back.

I wasn't aware of the term "witch house" nor knew much about the gods and goddess thereof. I think what creeps me out, is that when I look up Hecate and saw a picture of a woman with three heads, it reminds me of the woman who is released after possessing three people. I think wiki has a pretty good picture of the kind of clothing she was wearing as well.

+Quote Post

Whisperling
post Mar 3 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ah bym! I have been (WARNING: I'M ABOUT TO SOUND LIKE A GIANT CREEP) obsessing over this dream of yours! It seems to me a bit reminissant of Rustin Parrs house at the end of The Blair Witch Project (the house where the little children got off'd in the legend.)

I haven't been able to come up with any kind of cohesive answer for this dream so I decided to go into a lucid dreaming state and try and find your witch house.

Long story short, I didn't find your witch house but I DID find a giant church which looked normal on the surface just as your house did... however when I and the two people I brought with me (I have no idea who they were) stumbled on a secret passage which lead us through stairwells and doors. There were stained glass windows beside arbitrary doors that we found along these stairwells. Some were blank and others had mysterious and scary shadows with voices of something deep and dark.

I felt the same excitement and fear... Then I decided to go further exploring... Down hidden corridors. All the time we saw painting of angels and saints and demons. We heard footsteps and laughter.

On further exploring I found out that within this church was hidden an school for boys (hence the laughter and footsteps) and when I entered a door I learned that the growling and deep dark voices were the headmasters and teachers telling off naughty children!

---

I have come to the conclusion this dream is an encouragement to continue with the studies of the occult and the bizarre, even if you are scared or disappointed at points because you never know what you might find around the bend and as horrible as something might seem, there's always going to be some good and some amazement and learning to follow from it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post Mar 3 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acid09 @ Feb 8 2010, 10:51 PM) *

Ah cannibalism! This actually came up in my last class I took on dream interpretations. And this one is a doozy. Not so much that it means anything bad its just there is so much it could mean. It also depends on the context of the cannibalism. You were not eating yourself or another person, nor being eating by other people you just saw a painting of it. My favorite take on cannibalism is that its a reaction to stress. For example if you are over worked or drained in a relationship it may feel that you are being eaten up by it. A less common alternative is that cannibalism actually is a reflection of the holy sacrement in which Jesus offered his blood and body to his disciples. Other possibilities could include the desire to take the abilities of another person. It could relate to dominance over yourself or others. Cannibalism may even reflect a lack of nurishment or a desire to eat away something cancerous or just unwanted in yourself.

Hey Acid, I had a dream recently and it's still clear in my mind (the dream was a few weeks ago). Usually vivid dreams are quite substantial so I kinda wanted to ask you about it, and your approach to dreams seems rather solid.

I am currently visiting family and I had a very short dream but it still annoys me. I was walking out of the room I'm staying in to find my grandmother and uncle with their backs to me, I hear crunching noises and they're crouched over something on the 5000$ rug. I step closer and my grandmother turns to me and she's got blood all over her face and is holding intestines in her hands, her eyes are sunken and teeth are pointed (her and my uncle looked much like the reavers from firefly). I see that they are crouched over the (now dead) family bulldog. So far this wouldn't really trouble me but what still bothers me is that I walked over and picked up some intestine and tried it for myself, after I started chewing, I woke up.

This dream makes me feel weird to talk about but I can try to analyze it. I haven't been much with any of the family until recently, upon this visit we have really gotten to know each other and feel more like family rather than strangers. Maybe this was my subconscious saying the things they were doing I thought were stupid was just normal and I should relax and be a more humble person. I don't know for sure.

And bym, I don't know how to analyze dreams. I don't really have them very often, I just wanted to ask through here because I didn't think this would warrant a new topic.

This post has been edited by Dancing Coyote: Mar 3 2010, 11:53 PM

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Mar 4 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #12

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

if lucid dreaming is the subconscious communicating, then is controlling the lucid dream communicating back with the subconscious?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Mar 4 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

Interesting thread--and hold on Bym, when the weather gets warmer and prettier, I intend to take a long, leisurely drive up your way and say hello. New London is a cool little town.

I've had lucid dreams like these (in fact, I had a lucid "house" dream last night). I have learned in my own experiences with these dreams that the house levels correspond with different levels of my consciousness: higher mystical consciousness, mundane consciousness, and id/back brain or neurotic and fear-based consciousness. The upper floors are usually airy, light-filled beautiful and have a mystical and beautiful feeling about them. The middle floors are usually full of people who I am mingling with in a flurry of activity, and the lower floors--cellars and what not--are hellish realms where the dream will frequently devolve into a sleep paralysis nightmare. I have had dreams in which I've maintained a modicum of conscious intention, lucidity, and "observer mode," though, and thus have maneuvered the cellar areas without "freaking out" and, like you in your dream, can decide when I've had enough and smoothly eject from the dream and into a different sleep state or else a waking state.

I don't think it is necessary to pick apart the dream to figure out what this or that image means. It is interesting that you had to dig through the floor to find the hidden basement--the stuff that we keep hidden. And then you found this realm and traversed it. I think the main point is that you can go into a scenario like this and maintain an observer mode so that you can explore the scene w/o being too reactive and emotionally manipulated by it. I agree with some points made by Esoterica about really holding focus on some of the images to see what transformational thing or empowerment may occur. This has occurred for me when I have lucid dreams of a pleasant quaility. I sooo want to maintain that level of presence when I have dreams like the one you described, but I often fail because, as I mentioned, the dream can easily shift into sleep paralysis for me. Even though I know what is happening and have a curiousity about what will happen if I don't give way to panic and resistance about what is happening during sleep paralysis, it almost always gets the best of me. But I now tend to wake up feeling disappointed at being a woose instead of panicked and spooked when I have these experiences.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse