Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dmt, Has anyone ever used this powerful drug?
Musky Tusk
post May 5 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I guess Shamanism is the best place for this.

I've been thinking about "entheogens" recently, mainly mushrooms and DMT
I have some DMT I've been saving for quite a while. I was going to smoke it within the next month with a couple friends, I never have before. I've only eaten mushrooms about a dozen times and did LSD once.

I was just wondering if anyone has taken DMT before, and what kind of information may be found when under its influence.
Apparently some people are under the impression that any time you take any entheogen you will be given divine metaphysical information.
This is of course absurd. I've never gotten any information on my trips.
Perhaps when taking the drug you should have the strong intention of learning?

IDK, any insight would be appreciated

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 5 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

There is a topic somewhere on here about mushrooms throughout various religions, and the prerequisites for the "divine" effects to take place. Seems perfectly relevant.

Perhaps Vagrant remembers where this topic is at.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post May 6 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Cool thanks, I'll look it up

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 6 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?sho...73&hl=mushrooms

It's here.

For my part here, though I've said it elsewhere as well, I believe that the purpose of any entheogen is to help suspend the filtering and controlling mechanisms of the brain and show us another view of the world. Three or four times should be enough of any entheogen to begin learning to open your mind on your own.

Sometimes mystical visions to happen during these experiences, but even the most profound revelation should be taken with a sober attitude, not fanaticism.

The key to it, at least for me, is to fully engage the experience from beginning to end. "Follow" the path that the entheogen takes through your system, every little change, and try to burn it into your memory. Later I think we eventually can learn to just open our minds and go there, but in my own experience it is possible to retrace those footsteps psychosomatically. I have emulated Pot, Mushrooms, and Ecstacy. It is not as intense, because ultimately a part of you is in control whereas under the influence of a substance you are not. The first is simply deeply relaxing, the second creates a waking dreamlike state but with none of the random paranoia, emotional swinging, etc. The last actually tends to be a bit less tightly controlled in comparison, but cannot be sustained for very long, at least I can't sustain it, but it is a blissful experience that varies from time to time, sort of like the substance itself.

Mm, so that's my two cents on entheogens.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post May 6 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't use any drugs personally. I find that they not only are unnecessary, but would get in the way when Im using my methods. However, people have been using some forms of herbal drugs for millennia (although I doubt that Dmt was available) and under supervision they must be useful. I would suggest that you have someone supervising you if you do this, just for safety's sake. Even when we perform 'spirit walks' (meditative walks in which our minds aren't on our feet) we appoint someone to take watch in case anyone wanders off the path or walks into a tree,

Whether they are legal or not doesn't matter to me. I was probably ingesting illegal herbs before most people here were born. By the way, I'm retired from that sort of thing anymore, although many of my friends are enthusiastic users of some herbal products. I just find that meditation is a better trip than anything I experienced in my misspent youth. lol

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post May 8 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
I'm gonna smoke it and see how the experience is, without taking it too seriously

--------------------
Compassionless love!
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 10 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Ya know, another good drug to change how you see things is Salvia. My suggestion with that is to take the strongest stuff first to really show you that anything, real or not real, can seem real. Then, take the weaker ones starting with the weakest just to give you different variations on reality.

Have a sitter, and don't drool all over their furniture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post May 14 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ May 10 2011, 02:28 PM) *

Ya know, another good drug to change how you see things is Salvia. My suggestion with that is to take the strongest stuff first to really show you that anything, real or not real, can seem real. Then, take the weaker ones starting with the weakest just to give you different variations on reality.

Have a sitter, and don't drool all over their furniture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I hate salvia.

Please do post the results.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 14 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Are you asking me to post the results of taking Salvia? Or were you talking to Musky Tusk?

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post May 16 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've smoked salvia a few times with odd results, I didn't like the feeling very much but I'd like to try it again. Each time I've smoked it it's been my friends homemade extract.
I remember the last time I smoked it, I felt like someone was trying to push me down with their hand on my chest (I was sitting cross legged) I kept leaning back then resisting and sitting up straight, that went on back and forth for a little while then it just kind of faded away.

I also tried a little datura once. I was feeling a little strange, kind of like the start of mushrooms. Then 45 minutes in there was a moment where I felt like literally anything could have happened. For less than a minute I was wondering what would happen next, because anything was possible. Then when I started to get frightened at the possibility of some type of demonic beast appearing and attacking me, I instantly came back down and felt more sober than before. I probably wouldn't try that again unless I was with someone who has a lot of experience with it.

--------------------
Compassionless love!
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 18 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

Hm. Weird. Try going to a head shop and buying their strongest concentration of salvia. Much stronger effects than that.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Al'Iksir
post Sep 27 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #12

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Dimethyltryptamine is one of the most powerful tools for one who wants to explore this universe. I'm suprised it isn't discussed more on forums such as this one.

As with every substance you put in your body, great caution is advised when working with this molecule. The experience can be devastating for someone who is not ready to see his reality shatter. This is the kind of experience that forces you to reconsider all past experiences under a new light.

If you want to gain magickal knowledge or do some work with DMT, I would recommend going slow and taking only small doses so that you can still focus your will. A real "breakthrough" with that substance would push you in a state where you are not the one in control, where your ego isn't filtering information. For me, it is important to meditate a little bit on your intentions before going "there".

For your first time, I think it would be best for you not to travel with any pre-conceived ideas. You should just go with the flow and see what the experience has to teach you. I have personally worked with it lots of times and still am hesitant to try and impose my will on the experience: the psychedelic realms usually demand that you learn to let go.

As for the experience itself... I would say that after visiting hyperspace many times, I am still unsure of the meaning behind it. I have personally felt, seen and heard entities playing around with my personnal energies, updating me with their other-wordly technologies, drowning me in a sea of dark chaos only to bring me back to life in an explosion of colors. They have offered me self-transforming jewels made of pure crystaline light. I have been seduced by faeries made of multicolored diamonds and fractals, and a solar octopus connected to my aura it's millions of tentacles through wich it fed me with infinite love!

I feel that taking anything at face value would be self-deceptive... As with knowledge in general, looking for patterns rather than fixed ideas probably is the best way to go about it...

This post has been edited by Al'Iksir: Sep 27 2012, 09:25 AM

--------------------
"This world is as dark and mysterious as those oft mentioned places on the floor of oceans inhabited by creatures that glow with electrical fibers, suck nourishment from the primeval soup through gelatinous sieves and breed without contact releasing slivers of organic light in plumes that swirl like twisters into the blackness." - Genesis P.Orridge

+Quote Post

Draw
post Oct 8 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

DMT's something i've been wanting to try for a long time.. its really quite hard to come across around here.
Done loads of mushrooms an LSD a handful of times.. practically everything else at least once.. lots of learning. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Ketamine is very interesting, not done much but very nice with ecstasy an very spiritual, a good mix for healing energy work, will probably look like a plonker though.

Like Vagrant i've replicated most drugs in some way, once you've experienced something enough times you get to grips with its worth in life an can call forth similar mental states when required, tailoring mental states is a big part of this game after all.
Not quite the same though, an although i'm quite moderative i still like to cover old ground..

I find with dissociative an psychedelic drugs the quality of the trip depends largely on what you've been doing beforehand.. like fill your mind with mathematics an your gona have some fractural revelations, fill it with nature an friends an it's gona get pretty divine.
Basically my advice is usually to av a good walk a nice deep think don't worry about the depressing qualities of it, just the abstract ones, do it with friends, f%*! getting a sitter, their pointless unless their a well trusted shaman type with experience.
Have a nice cozy home base, be prepared to go out for an adventure, make a playlist with few suggestive lyrics but stick to music that people have tripped to for many years.. but don't hog the controls.
Carpets fascinating, sex is better but never get pushy.

A friends invited me to go do Ayahuasca in the rainforest with her next year, i really hope it happens, they say that it's the same as DMT, sounds splendid.

Best of luck with all your tripping (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

hecate8
post Aug 16 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ayahuasca's main active ingredient is DMT, made orally active by peganum harmala, quite.a psychopharmacological feat for a "primitive" culture. I recommend the book "DMT the Spirit Molecule".
I've encountered McKenna's "self transforming machine elves" on a couple of occasions. The only thing they ever say is,"Do this!".

--------------------
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

+Quote Post

greenlantern153
post Aug 17 2013, 05:53 AM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

Reading through books on hypnosis, I found a few chapters about anchors. Supposedly, you can anchor any state when you are in it by making an unusual motion, such using your pinkie to stroke your ear, or a hand-sign similar to a mudra, or whatever. Then once you're out of the state, you should be able to trigger it again at any time by use of the anchor. Has anyone done this? How do you usually go about re-entering a state you were in even if you haven't taken anything?

I'm very curious about trying LSD and peyote, the latter is difficult to find here though.

--------------------
Life is profound.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 08:36 PM