Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Sign From Above?
Silver Dragon
post Aug 13 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was sitting in Borders today, reading a book.

As I was reading, a man walked in front of me. As he was walking past me, I heard a minister preaching "NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS!"

As fate(?) would have it, the man walking past me had a portable radio in his pants that had switched on by itself at that moment. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)(I even went so far as to tell him that his pants were preaching! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

I can't help but think that this a sign from above. (My childhood church -- the one that would deem my magickal workings "Satanic" and "Occult" -- seems to have manifested itself. I found it most curious that the gentleman's radio had switched on at just that moment. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif) )

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Aug 13 2008, 05:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 17 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Do you serve two masters? What you heard is something I would meditate on, had it been me. I guess its something that could have multiple interpretations or even something really subtle that's elluding you at the moment. Something that might need attention. Perhaps some spirit guide, ancestor or entity was giving you a message.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

eternal ginja
post Sep 17 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

or it could mean that as fate would have it he was your distraction from the real meat and bones of what the minister was saying. maybe you've been held in limbo over the thought of how you once were to how you are now i.e. occult vs. religion

maybe you are so held in limbo that "god" is telling you "BE ONE OR THE OTHER STOP FENCING IT"

even god hates "lukewarm" people. maybe it was a wake up call to either be for what you are now and don't look back or to revisit the church and reestablish your roots so as to "Not go TOO far from Christ".

my thoughts take em with a grain of salt if they do not apply

peace and love and may you find your path and be at peace on it
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/connie_mini_oldman.gif)

--------------------
smile kid it could be worse

squee's so sad

+Quote Post

Matthew Kelly
post Sep 18 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Maybe the radio just happened to switch on at that particular moment and the entire situation has no bearing on you whatsoever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Regards,
Matthew

-----------------------------

IPB Image
Myspace.com/Dehumanation - Death / Black / Industrial Metal

.:Order of the Necronomicon | Disciples of Enki:.

+Quote Post

eternal ginja
post Sep 18 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

touche' good point lol that too could be a possiblity but its always in the eye of the beholder, matt. just because it could be a coincidence doesn't mean that it has no bearing. nothing happens for no reason. the idea and concept behind it is personal and thus is treated that if she has a feeling that it means more to her than that is what we are focusing on not so much the incident but the personal feeling behind the incident. the personal revelation waiting to be uncovered is what we are trying to achieve nothing more. remember at any moment there is ALWAYS something going on there is no ordinary moments to quote Dan Millman (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

--------------------

squee's so sad

+Quote Post

Matthew Kelly
post Sep 18 2008, 04:02 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, as someone who operates within the occult regularly I don't quite take to coincidence as much as I used to, either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But there's always that chance that the event was... well, chance. Just making sure we keep that in mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
Regards,
Matthew

-----------------------------

IPB Image
Myspace.com/Dehumanation - Death / Black / Industrial Metal

.:Order of the Necronomicon | Disciples of Enki:.

+Quote Post

eternal ginja
post Sep 18 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

and thus it is added to the record and promptly noted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mr47_05.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000008.gif)

--------------------

squee's so sad

+Quote Post

Silver Dragon
post Oct 7 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Thank you, everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm sorry I'm late in replying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

QUOTE(eternal ginja @ Sep 17 2008, 09:47 PM) *

or it could mean that as fate would have it he was your distraction from the real meat and bones of what the minister was saying. maybe you've been held in limbo over the thought of how you once were to how you are now i.e. occult vs. religion

maybe you are so held in limbo that "god" is telling you "BE ONE OR THE OTHER STOP FENCING IT"

even god hates "lukewarm" people. maybe it was a wake up call to either be for what you are now and don't look back or to revisit the church and reestablish your roots so as to "Not go TOO far from Christ".

I've given the matter a great deal of thought. It seems rather strange to me that a male (Judeo-Christian) God is "good" whilst The Goddess that I worship is "evil" (What kind of loving mother would incite her children to evil? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif) None that I know of, at least.)

I've concluded that it was my own ego, my own fears, challenging me.

I don't see myself as being "evil" (I know now that magick itself is neutral; there are only good or evil intentions. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif) )

Everything is fine now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by The Sorceress: Oct 8 2008, 03:39 AM

--------------------
IPB Image Silver Dragon

Follow Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse