Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Brother Saw A "ghost", might as well tell everyone
☞Tomber☜
post Aug 16 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm not asking for advice as much as just bringing up a "ghost" sighting. So my brother calls me and says we have to talk because he knows I like occult things. So I meet him and he's really shaken and said that he was picking some clothes up from the hall upstairs in our parents house (where he lives) when he said that for about three seconds he clearly saw a "6-7 foot tall ghost with its legs wrapped in bandages stare at me before running away into the wall when I saw it". He said he couldn't see through it and it left extremely quickly after it had been "watching him" and saw him look up. He said he had been cleaning the room and listening to his iPod so he didn't hear anything. He has now refused to sleep upstairs in his room for a week and is only just starting to go back up there for clothes and stuff. He was so shaken when he told me I believed him, especially since he wouldn't go up there. And he's just not the lying type I wouldn't write here if I thought it might be fake at all. He kept going on about it making him feel terrified.

It's been a while and nothing else has happened so I just thought I would bring it up. Seems a little disturbing.

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: Aug 16 2010, 12:41 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Aug 16 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

How old is he?

I would personally perform a few cleansing rituals. It helps if one uses a few objects as foci for the rituals, then leaves them spaced appropriately around the room. The reminder of the magic performed keeps it efficacious. It may not be necessary, if it was just a brief hallucination or the like, but it couldn't hurt.

This post has been edited by Vilhjalmr: Aug 16 2010, 01:59 PM

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 16 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vilhjalmr @ Aug 16 2010, 02:58 PM) *

How old is he?

I would personally perform a few cleansing rituals. It helps if one uses a few objects as foci for the rituals, then leaves them spaced appropriately around the room. The reminder of the magic performed keeps it efficacious. It may not be necessary, if it was just a brief hallucination or the like, but it couldn't hurt.

I thought about it but am following a certain schedule with magic and haven't gotten to that point so I don't feel comfortable doing that quite yet. He's my little brother , 16.

--------------------
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Aug 16 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Light Wielder
Group Icon

I would recommend (by which I mean - this is what I would do) is to first cleanse your house and then that you place a shield around your home to protect from any unpleasant or malevolent beings. If he feels unsafe again, place a shield around him that on his command (give him a word or something) will attack and (if possible) destroy anything that is accosting him.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 16 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ethereal Sight @ Aug 16 2010, 05:58 PM) *

place a shield around him that on his command (give him a word or something) will attack and (if possible) destroy anything that is accosting him.

Ha alright in a few years when I'm good enough I'll come back to ask you how to do that

--------------------

+Quote Post

monkman418
post Aug 18 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(☞Tomber☜ @ Aug 16 2010, 01:39 PM) *

It's been a while and nothing else has happened so I just thought I would bring it up. Seems a little disturbing.

IMHO, the biggest "danger" you face from a ghost is getting scared by it. Or at least I've never heard of anyone actually getting hurt by a ghost, nor have I ever been hurt by one.

A young girl died in the house where I grew up. Last year I conducted an EVP session in the room where she died, and picked up a distinct voice of a child singing. Believe me, it was hard to continue to use that room as my bedroom after I heard that voice. But nothing negative has ever happened, and for that reason I don't expect anything to happen.

I think ghosts are radically different from spirits. I suspect they're much more self-contained, much less likely to "get inside your skin" than a spirit (which might be internal to begin with).

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Aug 18 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Light Wielder
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Aug 18 2010, 02:07 AM) *

IMHO, the biggest "danger" you face from a ghost is getting scared by it. Or at least I've never heard of anyone actually getting hurt by a ghost, nor have I ever been hurt by one.

I think ghosts are radically different from spirits. I suspect they're much more self-contained, much less likely to "get inside your skin" than a spirit (which might be internal to begin with).

A crazy lady who burned down houses lived in my room in my family's summer home. We did an EVP and got crying the whole time... which was creepy.... in any event, I basically said "you're dead, I live here now, so step off or there will be trouble." She stepped off. However, my other cousin got horrifying night terrors from her. Ghosts can do bad stuff if they want, it's just a matter (IMHO) of whether you let them. Which is the case with most beings.

Ghosts... ghosts get inside your skin more easily than demons (their spirits match our bodies more closely) - I've channeled one before and trust me, they'll do it if they get the chance.

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse