Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Pure Magick?, Regarding the reliablility information available
Lord_Vahn
post Aug 3 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

The Legementon consisting of severale parts being the greater and lesser keys and if iam to understand correctly the ars armadel as well as ars notoria, Ars Nova, Ars notoria, Ars Paulina Ect... so on and so forth. have all been transcribed from an original manuscript. which if iam to understand correctly was the handbook of some wizard's (magician)apprentice.

Now then that i have established this lemme continue on to say that the original gift decended from the heavens by word of mouth from angle and God to and original select few, sources indicate moses as one of these. that would suggest that the 1st generation of magick desenced from these learnered men and through out the years of passing these gifts on by word of mouth were eventualy written down into these grimoires. which then recirculated to the public in the form of the above books that were transcribed by mathers and crowley ect...

if i have followed this correctly thus far then i have thus drawn the following conclusion, although these books provide us with a key into envolking, summoning, conjuring sprits these books are side notes of apprentices and learning students and as such obscured by thier though of what they Believed the magical way was according to thier master that obscuered the way from what they learned from thier master, though provideds an acceptable cerimony for summoning beasts its rituals may be unintentionally marred due to misunderstanding or mistaught principles handed down through the first generation of magick to where we are now....

and so as the arbatle of magick suggestes that the only way to truly learn the way is from the angles and the sources them selves....

my question to you is then these books which have become the basis for which many of us have tried to draw our understanding of conjuring. is at last nothing more then the foot notes of the original wizards that once walked the earth...

at lest that what ive gather thus far by reading over the manuscripts am I'm just wondering what you guys think on the subject am i understanding this correctly did i miss somthing along the way? i by no means profess myself a master or a wizard, but a student that is carfully trying to understand this sacred art that has been handed down to us...
youre comments thoughts concerns?

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Aug 3 2009, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

The keys of Solomon are professed to have originated with Solomon the King, although I believe the earliest copies come from 1500-something. I don't think I have ever heard that they came from moses, although there is another book supposedly attributed to him, I think they may actually be called the 'books of moses' or some such. i haven't perused them in several years now. I would not say these books are necessarily footnotes of apprentices, although that may be the case - they are fairly complete, and are workable as they are.

I do support the idea, however, that the 'only' way to learn magic is from angels/spirits, etc. I put 'only' in quotes because there are obviously principles of magic that have already been given to mankind, and have been used for ages - however in this day many of those appear to be incomplete or misinterpreted through the ages. None the less, I am myself currently gathering and constructing th ematerials necessary to work with the lesser key within the next couple of months, and this is a subject of primary interest to myself - learning techniques of magic directly from the spirits therein. In the past much of my own magical education has come from spirits of one sort or another, but being a kind of internal communication, they have been primarily internal techniques. Ritual magic, and the possibility of binding other spirits (there is some discussion of this in the Abra-melin books) is a goal for the lesser key experiments.

However, if I understand you I think you are suggesting that these books are somehow incomplete and not workable based on the assumption that they are 'marred' and misinterpreted from generation to generation leading up to the manuscripts we have available now. As I understand it, these books - the lesser key at least - are workable as they are, with no apparent blinds or misleading elements. This is according, however, to one of our members here, Imperial Arts, who you might care to look up for a perspective on this work specifically. I intend to collect more publically verifiable evidence when/if my own experiments are successful personally, but as for anecdotal evidence, his is very compelling.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Lord_Vahn
post Aug 3 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yeah Thanks, for the record i didnt mean to imply that the lesser key steamed from moses though i could see after rereading my msg. how one could draw that conclusion.
but its good to hear that we are on the same track more or less, and It was'nt my intent to say that the books are not workable, Just with alot of and pardon my harshness, but thier are alot of junk books out thier that are marred considerably more then these and sorting out which books are keepers from the ones that are'nt tends to be a time consuming task and often times ive thought disregarding all the books and just starting from scratch but even then you'd still need a basis to start from.

I guess these grimiores are a good as place as any in order to get to the source....

Thank you for youre thoughts best wish's on youre future rites and works

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

+Quote Post

Hermetic668
post Aug 3 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Aug 3 2009, 11:16 AM) *

As I understand it, these books - the lesser key at least - are workable as they are, with no apparent blinds or misleading elements. This is according, however, to one of our members here, Imperial Arts,

I'll second that. The Arts do require some degree of talent, but Solomon's Keys work with practice. The devil, no pun intended, is in the details.

Best,
Hermetic668

--------------------
Fear not any man; fear not thineself; remember that fear is failure and the forerunner of failure. Be thou therefore without fear, for in the heart of the coward virtue abideth not.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 3 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hermetic668 @ Aug 3 2009, 05:42 PM) *

I'll second that. The Arts do require some degree of talent, but Solomon's Keys work with practice. The devil, no pun intended, is in the details.

Best,
Hermetic668

LOL nice pun (sorry for spam, I have no comment on the post)

This post has been edited by Tomber: Aug 3 2009, 09:21 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Vovin
post May 29 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #6

Initiate
Group Icon

[quote name='Vagrant Dreamer' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:16 PM' post='43501']
The keys of Solomon are professed to have originated with Solomon the King, although I believe the earliest copies come from 1500-something. I don't think I have ever heard that they came from moses, although there is another book supposedly attributed to him, I think they may actually be called the 'books of moses' or some such. i haven't perused them in several years now. I would not say these books are necessarily footnotes of apprentices, although that may be the case - they are fairly complete, and are workable as they are. [quote]

I suppose that the 6th and 7th books of moses could be considered as somewhat incomplete, but it only lacks the basic foundation that any student learns from other systems like the GD material for an example. So 1+1 can easily = 3 in that matter I suppose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/search.gif)

This post has been edited by Vovin: May 29 2015, 06:13 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse