2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Weather witches unite!
MoonShadow
post Mar 28 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

How many of you out there like to experiment with the unstable forces we call the weather?

I do!

Any tips/tricks having to do weather magick would be greatly appreciated!

Also, stories of successful weather witching would be interesting as well!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Mar 28 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

A friend told me to try do weather magick - but the problem is I don't have a clue how lol.

Spells please!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

MoonShadow
post Mar 28 2005, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I just usually make up spells as I go along...

Here's one for rain:
(said in a whisper to the sky)

Oh, Gods and Goddesses
Let rain fall upon this barren desert
Trees and plants are suffering
Please let rain fall

That is just a sample, making up your own spells is actually quite powerful.

Note that I live in a desert and we usually do not get much rain.

This post has been edited by MoonShadow: Mar 28 2005, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Mar 28 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #4

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Sounds simple enough. Although I usualy like something more complicated but I'll try that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There is a unique profession of a person in where I live who's job was to keep rain at bay. He's usually employed by people/organisation who is about to have an outdoor event.

For what I heard, if it is raining, then a selected areas where he'll hang his talismans as boundaries will be shielded from the rain. I wonder if this is possible or simply stories people exagerate?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Rin
post Mar 28 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Yaoi Fanboy
Group Icon

In the morning when I would leave for school or work, if the sky was patchy, I would visualize the clouds blowing over and away until it was a beautiful clear day. While I did this, I would mentally chant:

Patches of blue in the sky, dear
Patches of blue in the sky
Gather them up and sew them together
And soon we will have a change in the weather.

Not every time, but most of the time, the clouds would disperse that very day. If not, it would happen either the next day or a few days later. The strangest instance of this spell working was when I did it when there was only one visible patch of blue. After I reached where I was going, the sky poured.

It rained so hard that you couldn't see very far outside - it was just grey sheets. When it was over, the sky cleared up so fast - it was bewildering. I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

MoonShadow
post Mar 28 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Mar 28 2005, 12:23 PM)
There is a unique profession of a person in where I live who's job was to keep rain at bay. He's usually employed by people/organisation who is about to have an outdoor event.

For what I heard, if it is raining, then a selected areas where he'll hang his talismans as boundaries will be shielded from the rain. I wonder if this is possible or simply stories people exagerate?

Anything's possible!

Some people are just naturally good with the weather and the man who uses the talismans may have a connection with the water element or the air element.

I've heard about a rainmaker as a profession, but never a rain stopper! (IMG:http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif)

Using talismans is an interesting way of stopping the rain...I'll have to try that some day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by MoonShadow: Mar 28 2005, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Mar 28 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #7

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

His job in indonesian called "pawang hujan"
pawang = keeper
hujan = rain

He would hang his talisman in high places such as the electric pole. I'm not sure what is in the bag, but probably something charge with one of the elements?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DropAndRiver
post Mar 28 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am a "weather witch". In fact, most of my magick performed is weather-based. If I am going to live in Mississippi (aka the armpits of hell...) I am going to need some serious weather skills.

I will elaborate later on today.

--------------------
Hello! What can the Universe do for/to you today?

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Mar 29 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #9

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I tried it and an hour later it rained for about 3 hours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/004.gif)

But it was cloudy and it rainy season here - coincidence? I hope not! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

maddalena
post Mar 29 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #10

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

i haven't done much. i am not so sure how good an idea that it is, but there are times when i have felt that it was worth a try.

last year during hurricane Ivan, i tried weather witching. i had seen that this horrible storm was heading AGAIN towards florida. i thought , these people deserve a break! i did some research and gathered my materials and did a spell. i knew that because i lived in alabama , i might be shooting myself in the foot. there was a great chance i would be riding out ivan if i got my wish.

the storm moved and it DID head straight to alabama. i lived far enough inland that we got only the catagory 1-2 effects. ( the coast got hammered BAD!)

side note... that storm was amazing!!! it was beautiful! the smell of the wind, the feel of it. the feel of the energy from the storm. it was the most amazing thing i have ever seen in my life. i went out in it and danced, it was such a gift! of course , after that i was known as the crazy witch lady down the street!!

+Quote Post

DropAndRiver
post Mar 29 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have always used magick on weather; the number of workings for weather in my total count would far outweigh the love, money, binding, and misc. spells. I don't really put a great deal of effort into it, and often times I do the bare minimum. Most of the time I just visualize painting the sky with clouds or moving other clouds in other areas to my own, making them heavier, and "watching" it rain.

I love the wind. The influencing of wind is something I "just do", so I really can't dictate a technique, but I do have on days and off days; it isn't something I can do consistently (probably because the proper conditions don't exist for wind to occur).

I too have had my magickal run in with hurricanes; when I was still in elementary school, I did what most would call "a spell" for bad weather to come my way (I was raised to believe that bad weather is the only weather worth having...sleeping weather and gloom ect.). Soon that day, I found out that they thought Hurricane Georges was going to come our way, and it did. I can't say that it was my spell alone that did it, but it sure did scare me lol.

--------------------
Hello! What can the Universe do for/to you today?

+Quote Post

Phoenixfire
post Apr 4 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #12

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I've been looking for some info on weather witching lately, but not just changing it with spells though. I mean things like looking for signs from patterns in weather, divination, and that sort of thing. Does anyone have any info they could share on the matter?

+Quote Post

serpentsatori
post Apr 5 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #13

Initiate
Group Icon

LVX
Part of the problem with Ivan was that you were working against all us Weather Workers in New Orleans !
I've been doing weather magick for nearly 20 years, but first you need to work on what Richard Bach is taught as Cloud-busting: calling or banishing big puffy white clouds. Then you work on wind, then parcipatation.
Work with Dragons or Elementals helps.
Satori

+Quote Post

Aroura
post Apr 5 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well Im definately no Weather Witch, in fact I'm cursed with blighting the land wherever I go. It just stops raining! (or so I belive from too many occasions of moving to a climate where it rains alot more it stops raining and the second I leave it starts raining like it should have... or vice versa I leave home(hot dry climate) and it floods everytime I leave)I love the rain, but wherever I choose to go bright sunny hot days follow...Argh! The PK man would be a good subject to follow for weather witchery... Very cool guy.

Justice

--------------------
All belifs are false choose the ones that work best for you

+Quote Post

Aeroshu
post Jun 13 2005, 01:42 PM
Post #15

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(DropAndRiver @ Mar 29 2005, 10:39 AM)
[color=blue]I have always used magick on weather; the number of workings for weather in my total count would far outweigh the love, money, binding, and misc. spells. I don't really put a great deal of effort into it, and often times I do the bare minimum. Most of the time I just visualize painting the sky with clouds or moving other clouds in other areas to my own, making them heavier, and "watching" it rain.

I love the wind. The influencing of wind is something I "just do", so I really can't dictate a technique, but I do have on days and off days; it isn't something I can do consistently (probably because the proper conditions don't exist for wind to occur).color]

Hailsa DropAndRiver! It is good to see a familiar name here! I've encountered you at occultforums in the past. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I belive that you and I have the same dominion over the air and earth and are both intimately connected to the kingdom of Paralda. I have just started worshiping Paralda and Archangel Raphael and my wind Magick has increased significantly. Perhaps it would benifit your magick aswell (?)

I to am unaware of how to summon the weather from nothing, my weather magick is on all the time it seems, I just simply know how to increase it.

A recent techniques that I've discovered which increases my preexisting (wind) magick is: use your finger/wand/staff to trace a bird (or an imaginary one) that is really high in flight, make sure that you move your arm as slowly and smoothly as possible without jerking while doing this. Focus on the birds path, it's intentions and where it is going, try to free your mind of everything but the bird itself, your wind powers should increase and if you do it just right, you can actually control the bird or bring another bird into the path of your finger.

I'm currently working on controlling other elements with at least some degree of promising success. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I will update you all when I have isolated these techniques but for now, I hope this wind technique helps.

I apologise if this is confusing.

Breath easy and well my friends.

Aeroshu

--------------------
"Perhaps we are the sum of an energy incarnate." - Aeroshu Relta Ka.

"I am absolutely certain that there no such thing as absolute certainty." - Aeroshu Relta Ka.

+Quote Post

fleecileez
post Jun 21 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

serpentsatori, could you post a link to Richard Bachs teachings?

+Quote Post

Sorcerer
post Nov 17 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

in all acctuallity all magic is realitivly simple its the unity of yourself and the divine allow yourself to connect with the universe

but in all magic becareful remember making lighting stike it cool but it can also kill

LVX.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/witch.gif)

--------------------
When you admit you know nothing, you truely begin to learn.

+Quote Post

Oath
post Feb 4 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am inclined to call myself natural at this.

1. Some form of emotional/friendly/even motherly in my case connection with earth/Gaia/Terra is preferable. If you litter and mistreat her in any way, cannot say you will be successful.
The reason being is that she is just as much a part of the "magick" involved as you, and more most of the time (from my experience). Note: This is the most important for a successful modification upon the weather

2 objects/symbols (of power) are great, perhaps a wand or staff. The more it represents the better as is obvious enough.

3 emotion has worked well for me many times. Often calling rain when I was having a case of the blues as to some injustices done to me (Im sure we all know how much that can hurt). Rain coming within minutes, sometimes seconds.

4 Names/words, I am using of oath most of the time.

All of this mostly speaks of will however, as such I was successful on all but 1 attempt and it is not something I do lightly, There must be reason for me good enough to do. Mostly it was calling of rain, once felt breeze of wind, but inconclusive and another and last time I have tried it was lightning. very dangerous and very frightening for me, hence I do not feel need to mess with this any more... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

This post has been edited by Oath: Feb 4 2006, 10:03 AM

--------------------

5. By a Magus is this writing made known through the mind of a Magister. The one uttereth clearly, and the other Understandeth; yet the Word is falsehood, and the Understanding darkness. And this saying is of All Truth.

'.'

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Feb 5 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #19

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

Welcome maddelena, ain't it nice to be in bama! I've lived all over the place but finally came back here to my lovely mountains.

You are far from being the only 'crazy lady' here - every time a storm comes, you can see me running around outside setting up clean jars to collect pure charged rain water for spells and standing arms outspread leaning into the outflow boundary taking all the power it can give. Just don't get stuck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think weather witches should all study meterology(?), at least a little - i took one college-level course and a few tv programs (not the 'wild weather' crap but the actual science involved in rain and thunderstorms) - i found the tv science programs for kids were better than the supposedly 'adult' course as the college course denied all the 'magick' of the rain and water cycle and wind and everything else until it was dry and boring, focusing on writing down stupid measurements instead of basking in the overall coolness of the earth's most precious cycles.

E.

This post has been edited by esoterica: Feb 5 2006, 10:17 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Sabazel
post Mar 15 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #20

Neophyte
Group Icon

Interesting read.

I'm not a witch or such, but I never used any extensive spells and rituals. I simply ask, with respect, what I want.

One day it was very rainy, but I wanted to go into town. So I asked to keep it dry between X time till Y time because [motivation]. And it was indeed dry and only started raining when I entered my house again.

The same when I was having a day out. It only rained when I was inside, but as soon as I walked towards the door it stopped raining. Not once, but several times within 4 hours span.

However I do say that this should be taken seriously and not be used as toys for personal needs. The land needs water at times for fertility and such, but it also needs time for drought to balance it out. Play to much with the weather without taken the complications into mind and you'll cause chaos and weather unstability

--------------------
www.SpiritualMagus.nl
My own dutch based website that covers paganism, traditions, religion, occult, paranormal and more

+Quote Post

moonlit
post Mar 16 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

I dont know if this counts as weather witching or not but a few years ago, me and my 2 cousins sat outside at night on a full moon and just sat in a circle, holding hand and thinking about the wind and suddenly the wind picked up!! it got so strong we ended up going inside!! I dont think I will ever forget that it was so amazing.

moonlit

--------------------
"I'm not afraid of the dark,
I am afraid of what is IN the dark."

+Quote Post

Jabberwock
post Mar 17 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #22

Neophyte
Group Icon

I guess I'm kind of a weather witch, or weather ____whatever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Rain and wind are my most favored elements, as well as a nice, booming storm with lots of thunder and lightning. I like to walk in the rain if it's just right (which is most of the time, except in the winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)).

As for spells, I go about things in a different way. I kind of just ask. A good example would be if it gets too windy (it can get pretty windy in the city) And my stuff is blowing around, I'll just ask (outloud or "mentally") and the wind usually calms or stops. I mean, I can only ask, and then it chooses to listen.

When I was little I would play with the dragons who danced in the rain. As far as I can tell they resemble Shen Lung, but my knowledge of Lung is rusty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I still like to talk to them even today. It's nice to have a conversation with the wind.

My roommate is much more uhhh...involved in weather magick. As in he uses candles and casts "formal" spells, where as I'm mostly spur of the moment stuff.

Working in tandum we've made a few snowdays (nice trick that), as well as held off rain, called rain in, scheduled a clear night sky on the full moon and the best one was when we had a hurricane, kinda drove it away from the deeper part of the city where we live.

Sometimes it doesn't work, but I attribute that to my still growing capacities (as well as stubborn dragons! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ).

It's interesting to see how many other people have an interest or practice weather magick.

PAX

--------------------
By a route obscure and lonely,
Haunted by ill angels only,
Where an Eidolon, named NIGHT,
On a black throne reigns upright,
I have reached these lands but newly
From an ultimate dim Thule-
From a wild clime that lieth, sublime,
Out of SPACE- out of TIME.

+Quote Post

vredesbyrd
post Mar 17 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #23

Neophyte
Group Icon

so simply creating verses, believing, and somehow sending energy from your body makes it possible to change weather? hmmm, intersting...

--------------------
ALLEHELGENS DOD I HELVEDS RIKE!!! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SATAN!!!

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Mar 18 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #24

Zelator
Group Icon

Weather magic seems to be the most difficult form of magiuc around. It doesn't seem to be for beginners.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

treehugger
post Aug 17 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #25

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've allways been under the impression that weather magic involved working with the natural forces of the weather and not trying to change it to something unnatural.
I don't believe anyone can control the weather as it goes - it is such a powerful force unto it's own that it just isn't going to be affected simply because someone wants it to be.

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #26

Neophyte
Group Icon

This is one my friends sister gave her from their coven Book of Shadows. I guarentee that it works.

Ancient Gods and Godesess
I invoke thee
Water from the sky
Let it be

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

azareth
post Jul 5 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #27

Zelator
Group Icon

Weather magick depends on influencing the element air , possibly understanding temperature and electro-magnetic charges, as we know lightning happens because two clouds one + charged and the other- charged collide...
being able to manipulate electromagnetic force is being able to cause weather change,
a hurricane for example happens when hot wind and cold winds collide the air swirl around ...if you can influence the temp of air you can create one..well its a wonderful gift i was expermenting with it few times in the past..with limited success ,but its a curious thing to know that our human brain contains Electro-magnetic impulses and it also contain an advanced system of temp adjustment...
can these two brain functions aid us to make changes in the weather...?
Air being the lightest of the elements also is the easiest to control,if you progressed with fire water and earth then Air is going to be easy.
Of course i am not saying that you would be able to create thunder storms with a strike of your wand,but with steady meditation who knows...?

Thank you for bringing this up, one of my favorites

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jul 5 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #28

Zelator
Group Icon

When I was small I used to say "Rain, rain go away. Come again some other day. Little Goibniu wants to play." Does that count? I don't recall it working.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Jul 11 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #29

Zelator
Group Icon

ok so i am intuitive about of a lot of things i do, the weather and everything else. i am not one to cite a grimoire, or study in depth magic. i do not necessarily like chants or candles or the works, however i will use them from time to time. I like the spiritual freedom magic can bring to a situation. It is inspiring just to let it flow through me and to exchange positive energies with the universe. in this way, i can partially will, but mostly ask, in good faith, for the weather to clear up when i am on the road. It usually grants me my request, and there is an affectionate relationship there. Also, i can usually tell when it will storm, before it is even cloudy and if its a big one, i request that my house will be spared. I have huge respect for elementals. they can be very sweet and benevolent, awesome beings of mischief and play and chaos that they are, but it is easy to forget that they can knock houses down.
there was one time, when i was 12 and messing with the weather, i brought a storm brewing. unfortunately, i didnt know what i was doing and my sister ended up being knocked down my a strong wind and had to go get stitches.

i have never made it snow ( i dont really like snow) but i have gotten heads ups before. and usually i can convince the rain to hold out until i get inside.

another thing that is slightly off topic: the trees, if you listen to them, will readily tell you if its going to rain. a couple days in advance at least.
note! i always make sure to thank the elements! they like to be appreciated and acknowledged.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 11 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #30

Practicus
Group Icon

Because of the relationship between the earth's EM field and the Weather, and the connection between the earth's EM field and People, the weather is one thing which responds very easily to the influence of consciousness. However, not just the consciousness of the person attempting to alter the weather in some way. Everyone's energy is putting an influence out there, not just yours. So weather magic seems difficult, but really isn't.

The thing that made it easier for me is simply learning more about how the weather works. As Azereth suggested in a roundabout way, knowing where to focus your own influence is one of the more important aspects to weather magic.

Methods? Know what you want to happen, know how it happens naturally, will the conditions to be met. Visualize, focus with a poem, etc., doesn't matter how, all you need is a target, a focus, and some time to spend pushing it to happen. You don't need tons of energy to do it if you do it right.

peace
V

This post has been edited by Vagrant Dreamer: Jul 11 2008, 06:19 PM

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse