Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Velarius The White
Velarius
post Jun 21 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Greetings Members of Sacred Magick.

I was directed to your forums by a friend of mine who recomended them as a great source of knowledge of all things having to do with Magick, energy, and its use. After having checked back every so often looking around a bit i have decided to finally join your community.

I think that perhaps it is best if i give a short background on myself. For me, i found Magick as a part of my spiritual journey. To make a very long and overly detailed story to a minimum this journey has encompassed many things. When i was starting my college undergrad my spiritual journey really began to take off. My path included some information from required philosphy and religion classes, but eventually jumped off into a more individual study and practice.

I have drawn from such sources as Catholicism (my old native religion which i have all but left behind), Buddhism, Taoism, Shamanism, New Age Ideas, and many many other sources. Another important factor in my path is the profound effect that Jediism has had upon my ideas and upon my spiritual growth.

My path has finally taken me to a point where i consider myself a Spiritualist, a Mystic, and a Wizard.

My work with energy, the force/source, Chi, Magick, began with the energy mediations that became a dominant part of my routine begining with my early study of Taoism and continuing through my Jedi Training.

From there i met two former Jedi who have studied as all of you have the ways of Magick, and of Wizardry. They have taught me much about Magick and i have integrated it into my already individual spiritual practice. I come here to share with all of you community, knowledge, and to further my learning and study of Magick.

I just have a couple of questions.

1) Firstly ... why won't the forum let me check my new messages (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

2) Secondly ... I am a fan of Magick that works directly with the energy and magick at hand and uses rituals that are simple in nature. Thus, since many of you here have tried several of the forms mentioned below in your forum ... i was wondering if based on that you could suggest a few for me to try out first. (Since i plan to try out many of them if not all)

With that being said i hope that we learn much from each other during my time here.

I would be glad to answer any questions about my background, magickal experiences, or anything else for that matter.

In Darkness and Light,

Velarius the White

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

Velarius - Wizard, Mystic, and Spiritualist

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jun 23 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

i found the post related to the problems with the PM system so nvm about that.

I was just wondering if this forum is an active one. I havent seen much posting/reply this weekend?

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jun 25 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Hi Velarius
Welcome to the forum. Gesture magic and mudras have had a long history. Yoga, Qigong and martial arts contain mudras for various purposes. I have a box of files on this personally all gathered online. Have you tried google?

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jun 25 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Goibniu @ Jun 25 2008, 11:13 PM) *
Hi Velarius
Welcome to the forum. Gesture magic and mudras have had a long history. Yoga, Qigong and martial arts contain mudras for various purposes. I have a box of files on this personally all gathered online. Have you tried google?

Thanks for the tips. I have looked into Qigong and Reiki and will most likely be taking one or the other of these up more formally soon.

I appreciate the reply.

In darkness and light,

Velarius the White

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse