Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Goetia, Just finished reading it!
Fearn
post Nov 11 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have a question about demons, or infernal beings of any kind. Are there JUST those 72? Because I have seen refrence on other places on this site, for names of spirits that weren't listed in the Goetia.

And also, are there books with the other infernal spirits I could buy? What about Angels?

Last but not least, what is the proper name for...infernal spirits? Or is that the proper name?

Sorry there is so much...I didnt want to take up extra space (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Nov 11 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

There are tons of other grimoires with spirits you can evoke in them. A good baseline is Konstantinos' Summoning Spirits. It's basically Evocation 101, and will give you techniques and exercises to practise before you evoke, and then a list of fifty spirits to evoke. As for the spirits he lists, they're a catch-all. They range from angels to goetic entities to elemental kings. It's a really good starter book on the subject and I recommend it.

As for others, there's:
The 50 names of Marduk (from the Necronomicon)
The Grimoirum Verum
Olympic Spirits
Grimiore of Honorius
Grimiore of Turiel
Grimiore of Almadel
Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage (although this deals primarily w/magic squares to achieve results, I include it here because some of them do summon things)
Etc.

All of these are available for free download from various sites. You may have to do a bit of digging to find them, though. Google is your friend here. And don't forget the full Legemeton actually contains FIVE books, not one. If you want to buy it I recommend the Peterson version published by Wieser.

This post has been edited by Darkmage: Nov 11 2006, 07:33 PM

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks! Now I have reading material for all winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)!

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

netzgewebe
post Nov 12 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saul de Plume @ Nov 12 2006, 07:05 AM) *
Thanks! Now I have reading material for all winter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)!

i have the pdf of the Konstantinos book here. if you don't want to buy it pm me:) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Oh, and another question, what is the Necromicon? And can I buy it?

On a side note, I resently got the Greater Key of Solomon I and II. I got the Theurgia Goetia, the Pauline Art, Ars Almandel,and a book called Pentacles, but I don't think it realated to the Lemegenton... So I think I bought the whole Lemgenton. Some of it was in the form of eBooks of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif).
Saule (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Nov 12 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #6

simoniconist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saul de Plume @ Nov 12 2006, 01:20 PM) *
Oh, and another question, what is the Necromicon? And can I buy it?

On a side note, I resently got the Greater Key of Solomon I and II. I got the Theurgia Goetia, the Pauline Art, Ars Almandel,and a book called Pentacles, but I don't think it realated to the Lemegenton... So I think I bought the whole Lemgenton. Some of it was in the form of eBooks of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif).

There are various books which have the title "Necronomicon." The "Necronomicon" that is discussed most on this forum is the Necronomicon edited by Simon. You can pick up a paperback of it for about 5 bucks from your local book store or from ebay for a few dollars.

The book you got called "Pentacles," im assuming that its Solomon's Talismans? If so than it would be great experience to work with them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Cool! So in the author spot on the book it would say "Edited by Simon" or something? Because I saw a book on a website called Necronomicon by H.L. Lovecraft or somthing, and they said it was a great fictional story...

The Pentacles book is an eBook. The URL is http://www.hermetic.com/browe-archive/pdf/gkos-2.pdf. thanks for any help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Athena
post Nov 12 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saul de Plume @ Nov 11 2006, 09:54 PM) *
I have a question about demons, or infernal beings of any kind. Are there JUST those 72? Because I have seen refrence on other places on this site, for names of spirits that weren't listed in the Goetia.

And also, are there books with the other infernal spirits I could buy? What about Angels?

Last but not least, what is the proper name for...infernal spirits? Or is that the proper name?

Sorry there is so much...I didnt want to take up extra space (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)

Oh there are many many more then just the 72. Those are just 72 that someone made note of. There are thousands if not millions of demons. Thousands of listed ones, and many more thousands of unlisted ones (ones not in the books). I recommend staying far far away from the unlisteds though.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 12 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Why do you recomend staying away from the unlisteds? All those 72 Goetic demons were once unlisted...Is it because you have the find out the seal for your self or something? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Sorry I'm so ignorant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Athena
post Nov 13 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saul de Plume @ Nov 12 2006, 10:59 PM) *
Why do you recomend staying away from the unlisteds? All those 72 Goetic demons were once unlisted...Is it because you have the find out the seal for your self or something? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Sorry I'm so ignorant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Someone lived to list those 72...

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 13 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

Lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Thats good eneugh for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

Athena
post Nov 13 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

LOL, I always thought it was a damn good reason (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

Athena

--------------------
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Nov 14 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #13

simoniconist
Group Icon

Yup, both the Necronomicon and Pentacles books that you have are the ones that I was talking about.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 14 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

LoL! Awesome thanks everybody (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif).

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

DarK
post Dec 3 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

Are there JUST those 72? Because I have seen refrence on other places on this site, for names of spirits that weren't listed in the Goetia.

There are far more than 72, the exact number is unknown for there are too many. Also, do not rely on names, for obvious reasons. In many places there can be many names for the same spirit.

Demonology can help, the Bible, Egyptian Deities, Sumerian Gods, Greek Gods, etc... Mythology books are known to be best. Also, buy a good mythology dictionary for reference to the myths you'll be reading.

There is no universal "proper name", each sect/religion/group/practitioner has his/her/their own way of calling these spirits and knowing these spirits. To me, some of these "Demons" or "infernal spirits" are "Dark Gods" or "Dark spirits".

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Dec 3 2006, 06:41 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse