Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Alternate Arrangement Of The Great Table And The Coloring Of The Banners, Taken from the Vision of the Round House
ComaOfLoss
post May 4 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I made my 12 banners today and ran into trouble deciding the colors for the banners and lettering. I didn't want to use the colours that GD uses, so I went with the colours described in the vision of the round house. I also noticed that some other people had had the same problem, I found some very good info from here: kondor.de

(IMG:http://i52.tinypic.com/20pbxtt.jpg)

Read onwards and you'll see why I went with this instead of the "traditional" way.

From the Vision of the Round House

You can read it in full here:
Round House text

The doors:
east south west north
white red green black
Indoors:
red grey white d. grey
fire air water earth

KELLEY: Here is, Dee, one with a Vail afore his face, as it were, a Hair Cloth of Ash-colour: I know him not yet: I see a Garden full of fruit, of divers sorts. In the midst of it is a place higher then the rest. On that place standeth a round House, it hath four corners (within) and four Windows: and every Window is round, and hath four round partitions, round also.
It hath four Doores, and at the East Doore is one step, at the South two steps, and at the North three, and at the West Doore, four steps. The first Doore is white, like Chrystal, transparent: the South Doore is red of an high colour, transparent. The North Doore is bright black, not to be through seen, as the rest. The West is green, like an Emerauld Stone: So is the South Doore like a Ruby. The Doores be all plain.

Looking in through the East Door: KELLEY: Note the colour of the fire of the four arches, is very red; the rest are very pure, Ariel, candent, etc. The Motion of the trunk fire is swiftest.

Looking in through the West Door: KELLEY: The colour of the water in the Center, is most pure white.

Looking in through the South Door: …Now he openeth the red Doore.
The House seemeth darkish, of colour of the smoak of a Wax Candle being put out.

Looking in through the North Door: KELLEY: Now he openeth the black bright Doore; and the House there seemeth full of black dust, like Gun-powder colour, or somewhat of Leadish colour.

Dee's drawing of the Great Table and the 12 banners. Notice how it's the same as in the vision, round on the outside but square on the inside. ...On that place standeth a round House, it hath four corners (within) and four Windows...

(IMG:http://i52.tinypic.com/29ngufo.jpg)

Notice how the places of the tables within the Great table according to this vision or Dee’s drawing above don’t match either the original Great Table or the reformed version. My personal opinion is that the Great Table is a two-dimensional analogy for a multidimensional object so it's going to look different depending on your angle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif)

Comments and criticism are welcome!

This post has been edited by ComaOfLoss: May 4 2011, 11:38 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse