Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What Makes You A Target
Xochipilli
post Aug 24 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Why would anyone come under spiritual attack? Your average person obviously isn't being attacked by unseen forces so what reasons would anyone have to be psychically attacked?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Aug 24 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

A lot of people who think they're being attacked are creating their own problems. Whether this is conscious or unconscious doesn't really matter. Point is, they see it as something external to them when it's really monsters of their own creation. That having been said, if they created these things they can destroy them too--but that's usually harder.

As for people who really *are* being attacked, well, why do people go after each other? Jealousy, rage, the feeling they've got to give the smackdown to an arrogant upstart, etc. There's usually a definite reason for such things. Whether or not that reason is valid or not, that's another story.

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Aug 24 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Practicing the occult and working with energy attracts entities to me for some reason a few of them bother me probaly because I forget to protect myself. Also I've gotten the evil eye once by a jealous co-worker. The average person probaly doesnt realize they are being attacked but most likely isnt attack as much as occultist. . .

This post has been edited by Aphrodite: Aug 24 2008, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post

Xochipilli
post Aug 25 2008, 05:45 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

That makes alot of sense Darkmage. I can't say whether its hallucinations or actual metaphysical threats they'd create because I don't know though. Makes sense as to the reasons why someone might attack you too. The thought of that makes me angry though. If I found out someone I know was going out of their way to cause metaphysical problems for me I wouldn't respond psychically I'd get a golf club and physically break their legs. People have enough problems as it is why the hell would anyone wanna make more problems for them. I'm real naive myself and never suspect anyone of having ill intent until they try and pull something then its a smack in the head to realize that you can't trust everyone you know.

Aphrodite you getting the evil eye from your co workers is most likely you being paranoid. Not many people are into the occult. At least nobody I know is. So working with the occult attracts unseen threats? Thats what I suspected. If you just stay in your house your not at risk of getting mugged but if your wandering the streets at night you might attract some scumbags thats the way I see it. Getting into the occult is venturing into the unknown and like everything theres risks involved only since its the unknown we don't really know about these risks.

This post has been edited by Xochipilli: Aug 25 2008, 05:48 AM

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Aug 25 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #5

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 25 2008, 04:45 AM) *
That makes alot of sense Darkmage. I can't say whether its hallucinations or actual metaphysical threats they'd create because I don't know though. Makes sense as to the reasons why someone might attack you too. The thought of that makes me angry though. If I found out someone I know was going out of their way to cause metaphysical problems for me I wouldn't respond psychically I'd get a golf club and physically break their legs. People have enough problems as it is why the hell would anyone wanna make more problems for them. I'm real naive myself and never suspect anyone of having ill intent until they try and pull something then its a smack in the head to realize that you can't trust everyone you know.

See, I'm a cynic who learned at an early age one should hunker down and fight for survival. While this does cause occasional snags, it usually keeps me out of far more trouble than it causes. And the people that go out of their way to cause metaphysical problems for others are also usually the types that go out of their way to cause problems for others in the physical world. Sooner or later they destroy themselves. Learn to identify these sorts and then stay the hell away from them. A good general-purpose protection spell cast from time to time is also always a good idea--you lock your doors, don't you?

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 25 2008, 04:45 AM) *
Aphrodite you getting the evil eye from your co workers is most likely you being paranoid. Not many people are into the occult. At least nobody I know is. So working with the occult attracts unseen threats? Thats what I suspected. If you just stay in your house your not at risk of getting mugged but if your wandering the streets at night you might attract some scumbags thats the way I see it. Getting into the occult is venturing into the unknown and like everything theres risks involved only since its the unknown we don't really know about these risks.

That's also a very good point. There are predators in the spiritual world as well as the physical, and they have their place there just as they do here. However, that doesn't mean that you have to be a victim or indeed will ever be one, as they seem to be a bit rarer on that side of things. People toss out safety protocols because they don't feel they need them anymore and IMO that's a really stupid thing to do. You *can't* plan for every single tiny threat, but if you follow the rules, do as little harm as you can, and use some common sense you should be fine from 95% of the shit floating around out there.

Usually the victim of a *real* psychic attack knows why they're being attacked and usually by whom. Real psychic attacks are usually personal, although a lot of people just sort of spin off crap that may or may not be harmful. When it is it usually is more annoying than truly harmful.

My $3.

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Trimorphia
post Aug 25 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm not sure that I would agree that your average person isn't being affected – if not even 'attacked' – by unseen forces, but perhaps that's a conversation for another topic!

In my experience the recipient often does NOT know why they are being attacked and by whom. Perhaps this understanding is more common amongst those with a training in – or established conceptual system of – spiritual and occult matters, but that is not so say that such people are exclusively fair game for being interfered with. We are all of us in the thick of it – even those outside of this forum and whatever practice they are committed to – and there is more and more going on these days that really isn't too nice. We all are more than capable of attracting such interference. People who 'think' they're being attacked may well be manifesting those things at a deep level, but they are often in the struggle between light and dark themselves, albeit not consciously. And it would be churlish to suggest to them that it is just 'in their mind' (i.e. not worthy of consideration), since these are the states of being that invite difficulty on all levels.

Although I have to say invariably whenever I am doing any sort of healing work on anything - people, places, myself - I almost always get something trying to stick it's oar in and stop me, or kicking up a big fuss of some sort.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Aug 26 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #7

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

i pick up a lot of sympathetic vibes from entities around me, probably moreso than others since i work with those very ones around me so much - sometimes i suddenly feel really weird or anger or whatever for no reason - i just recognize it for what it is and blow it off, or if its really powerful i'll offer it to something hungry, usually as a peace offering since i probably pissed it off in the first place - cookie?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Aug 26 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 25 2008, 02:53 AM) *
Your average person obviously isn't being attacked by unseen forces

I'm wondering how you would know this and what you define as an 'average person' as?

Personally I prefer to believe that any attack 'spiritually' is really only your own psyche. Emotions can be very random and something very subtle can trigger an emotional response. To believe that you are being attacked by some spiritual being is possibly a sign of your lack of awareness, awareness of your own self that is. Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to say you're some ignoramus or something i'm just saying you should be more aware of your psyche. Unless you have physical markings on your body that you know not where they came from then it probably isn't an attack.

+Quote Post

Xochipilli
post Aug 26 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(al_zaine @ Aug 26 2008, 06:29 PM) *
I'm wondering how you would know this and what you define as an 'average person' as?

I said I think your average person is NOT under spiritual attack. My definition of your average person is the majority of all people but in this case people who aren't into the occult are more likely to fall in that category. I can't say though whether people are under psychic attack because the effects may be subtle but I don't think people who are into the paranormal and protect themselves against this kinda stuff have less problems than people who don't protect themselves against it.

Who knows though. Maybe most people are being fucked over metaphysically but the effects are so subtle they just put it down as ordinary life problems. If someone has been psychically fucked over their whole lives I wonder how much their lives would change for the better if they started protecting themselves against it. A situation like that would be fairly cool. I don't think I'd be angry about the idea of having been psychically attacked I'd be real happy about the weight being lifted off me.

To be honest I don't believe in all this ritual, circle drawing, lighting candles, sacrificing goats crap, I'm not saying it doesn't work but what I think is that our minds are way more powerful than we think and that our minds alone are what causes the changes and all this ritual stuff is just a way of convincing our minds that the change will happen. Alot like hypnosis. You can tell yourself a thousand times your gonna make a change in your mind before it sinks in. In a hypnotic trance on the other hand the suggestions sink directly into your subconcious then you realize its a two way process, you have to convince your subconscious to believe something then your subconscious makes you believe it.

This post has been edited by Xochipilli: Aug 26 2008, 07:16 PM

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Aug 27 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 25 2008, 02:53 AM) *
Why would anyone come under spiritual attack?

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 27 2008, 02:06 AM) *
My definition of your average person is the majority of all people but in this case people who aren't into the occult are more likely to fall in that category.

So this is one reason why somebody would come under spiritual attack! you answered your own question.... people who look into the occult/paranormal are more susceptible to spiritual attack and the reason for this I believe could be that as they become more aware of their surroundings they become more aware of the dangers which can only be percieved as an attack from some malignant being, when it could really be just another form of virus which the body must learn to adapt to to protect itself from.
Everybody is being bombarded by space dust continueosly, atoms, molecules, the lot, the body deals with all this all the time allowing you to live, so when you expand your consciousness and get intouch with your body and the 'universe' you'll probably become aware of the every-moment conflict between you and everything else, quite frightening I would imagine if it was a full scale awakening, but neverless, attack or not, it is only fear that will break you.
Conquer ALL.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

This post has been edited by al_zaine: Aug 27 2008, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post

eternal ginja
post Sep 18 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

people who look into the occult/paranormal are more susceptible to spiritual attack and the reason for this I believe could be that as they become more aware of their surroundings they become more aware of the dangers which can only be percieved as an attack from some malignant being, when it could really be just another form of virus which the body must learn to adapt to to protect itself from.
Everybody is being bombarded by space dust continueosly, atoms, molecules, the lot, the body deals with all this all the time allowing you to live, so when you expand your consciousness and get intouch with your body and the 'universe' you'll probably become aware of the every-moment conflict between you and everything else, quite frightening I would imagine if it was a full scale awakening, but neverless, attack or not, it is only fear that will break you.

great point. i have noticed that when i'm participating in some "enlightening" substances and rituals i sometimes get paraniod and start to think that i am being attacked by outside forces when really im just noticing things that i don't understand because i'm under the influence. if i wasn't so messed up i would realize that i'm not falling off of the world but just feeling the shifts in myself and my own energies affected by maybe the magnetism of the moon or even just the breath i took 5 seconds ago and where its going in my body lol
recreational "drugs" are fun lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/doh.gif)

but ...
A lot of people who think they're being attacked are creating their own problems. Whether this is conscious or unconscious doesn't really matter. Point is, they see it as something external to them when it's really monsters of their own creation. That having been said, if they created these things they can destroy them too--but that's usually harder.

i also agree 100% with this. most people are natural hypocondriacts and its because we play the blame game with everything. whether its teachers teaching us to blame society or just us not wanting to take responsibility for the "random" fact that WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING! IN FACT WE KNOW NOTHING AT ALL

thus when confronted with this hard fact the #1 response is to panic and some overcome the panic most give in and become fearful thus thinking things such as "IM UNDER ATTACK BY SATAN" or "SOMEONE PUT A HEX ON ME" we turn to mysticism before logic.

there is a saying i live by:

exhaust all logical reasons before turning to the unexplainable

i think its the best way to think but that's me personally

--------------------
smile kid it could be worse

squee's so sad

+Quote Post

Kupov
post Jan 17 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

It strikes me as unlikely that so many people have contact with deities or entities which absolutely can not be proven to exist, but call me a skeptic. On the other hand I myself am a practicing and involved Christian and though I like to think I feel the presence of God everyday, I do not have the arrogance to believe that I am personally connected to him in such a way that he would ever act directly towards me.

This post has been edited by Kupov: Jan 17 2009, 03:08 AM

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jan 17 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #13

Practicus
Group Icon

In truth, the deities that most come into contact with are but shadows of the actual archetypal divine faces themselves. The true presence of a divine being is not something just anyone can withstand psychically or perhaps even physically - there are many stories of seekers of one faith or another 'finding' the divine and being stricken blind, insane, or just burning up on the spot.

However, I do not think that it is arrogant to think that the divine - whether that is Shiva, Mythra, the Holy Father, etc. - does act towards us and in our lives generally, as individuals. We have to remember that it is impossible to comprehend the intellect, the attention, the intentions of the divine in terms we would even consider super-human. The true nature of the divine simply transcends human conception all together. If we are open to that communication, or if we have asked for that intervention, I don't think it is unthinkable that divinity may directly impact us in some way.

I do think that some people have a tendancy to feel somehow more important by believing that they are under some kind of psychic or spiritual attack...

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Apr 20 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

Whether we are attacked or not, by demons or gods or negative particles, however you chose to perceive it, the act of willfully defending yourself is a step in the right direction. Mind over matter right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

+Quote Post

Lucifer
post Aug 20 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

For me, I can tell the difference between someone "wishing ill" of me casually, and actually going through the trouble to affect me with some kind of magickal skill.

I'm in touch with my reality, and when things start appearing skew-wise, there is always a way to trace what it is that i'm seeing; that I can figure out where it came from.

You have to trace those synchronocities/tweaks-in-reality around before you figure it out.

I am not always being psychically or magickally attacked by people, so this is a rarity. But the few times I have, I have been cognizant to it.

* reasons why people might engage in cursing others outside of Valid reasons?

they're petty, ignorant, jealous, trifling, insecure, "have something to prove", etc.

--------------------
My Profile: http://www.magickcircles.com/BadGirl

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Aug 20 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Zelator
Group Icon

i dunno...to me, I totally believe that the 'average' person can be and is attacked. whether they are receptive to an attack is another thing altogether. after all, if one truly believes that reality can be created and actualized through an individuals perception alone...well, you need said person to BELIEVE in the attack for it to be a substantiated hit...right? which sort of explains the whole 'sympathetic' vibe our friend esoterica mentioned. it also explains how an attack originates from the victim...there has to be some sort of spiritual 'link' between the attacker and the attacked.

thank you vagrant dreamer! kupov im sorry but i totally disagree with you. its not arrogant at all...in fact, i'd say its that mustard seed of faith you seem to be lacking that carries a person to the next level of spiritual enlightenment/growth. what is it that inspires this kind of doubtfulness in your own significance as an individual? perhaps you think of it as practicality and humbleness...i think of it as BORING! sure...even so...why don't you give yourself permission to hope? i mean...if you are christian...isn't that exactly what you are supposed to believe? god made corporal so that he could interact and save mankind with a sympathetic and sacrificed physical form? not to be obnoxious...but what is wrong with believing this is actually possible, and in fact our birth right? arrogant? not at all!!!!

however, we can just agree to disagree okay?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by valkyrie: Aug 20 2009, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Aug 24 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #17

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

For me, I can tell the difference between someone "wishing ill" of me casually, and actually going through the trouble to affect me with some kind of magickal skill.

I'm in touch with my reality, and when things start appearing skew-wise, there is always a way to trace what it is that i'm seeing; that I can figure out where it came from.

You have to trace those synchronocities/tweaks-in-reality around before you figure it out.

Marxist philosophy has a similar view: "To find out who's fault a problem is, see who benefits from it." No one can deny that simple fact. From this standpoint, assuming you can muster the power to patiently trace situations to that source, you find the source of the problem.

Very good!

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

horus
post Aug 25 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think it's a matter of who you hang with. I can imagine a member of the GD needing to keep up with his/her psychic self defense. Or maybe someone in a persons' history has been practicing and they caused conflict with them. If someone is so petty as to seek retribution for a day to day misgiving, well that will only come back to haunt them later. As someone in this thread mentioned.

I was attacked by a witch in a bookstore once. I pissed her off (I was young and very arrogant) and she cast a spell on me. I saw her do it in one of the shops' aisles. Maybe I interrupted her? The spell lasted for about an hour wherein I felt something was affecting me, like a drug.

--------------------
Transmutation shall be the whole of the law.

+Quote Post

jacklord1967
post Sep 4 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #19

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkmage @ Aug 24 2008, 09:48 PM) *

As for people who really *are* being attacked, well, why do people go after each other? Jealousy, rage, the feeling they've got to give the smackdown to an arrogant upstart, etc. There's usually a definite reason for such things. Whether or not that reason is valid or not, that's another story.

Hey There,

I think thats rather true. Though I think just doing ritual or anything that causes your aura to light up will also attract astral entities. I live in a gnarly neighborhood where there is alot of psychic garbage & trauma. Shootings , heroin addiction,etc. When I go to sleep; as my conscious mind gives way to sleep mode I regularly get mugged by an angry spirit. I'll get this straight out of a horror movie, weird whispering hissing&/or voices inmy head, & a weird pressurearound my head & neck. It's as if 'it' is tryong to force it's way through to my control center -Daa'th- & leaves me with an icky feeling. I'll force myself to wake to full awarness & do a banishing in my room.. I stated gettiing this after I started doing the middle pillar/ circulating the light. I wonder if there is something I'm not doing correctly in my LBRP. I do a GD LBRP with KC first then after. I pray to GOD thank you for my life ,Etc. Then MP, Circulate light aroud the aura from left crown Chakra-kether- to Malkuth at feet up the right side to Kether. Then down the front & up the back to keter. Then do the 'Mummy Wrap' counter clockwise starting at feet to crown,fountian the light through the aura. Then go to bed & get mugged. I'lll get up ,do a quick witches version of LBRP- which is just banishing pentagram of earth with a clockwise circle around the pentagram in all four directions & that USUALLY will take care of it. I notice now that even if I don't do any ritual before I go to bed I still get mugged sometimes in my dreams a component of my dreams will have an entity attacking me but mostly it's just the angryattack. Any thoughts? Any holes in what I'm doing ritually? YOu rThiughts?

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

+Quote Post

ron stafford
post Sep 5 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #20

Neophyte
Group Icon

Sounds as if you are living in a bit of an energy swamp.You may not be under deliberate attack,but there is no need to live with polluted energy.set up a few crystals or pyramids around your home to absorb and disperse it.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Sep 7 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

ron has a good point. what are you doing to keep them out?

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Sep 7 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Sounds as if you are living in a bit of an energy swamp.You may not be under deliberate attack,but there is no need to live with polluted energy.set up a few crystals or pyramids around your home to absorb and disperse it.

ron has a good point. what are you doing to keep them out?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/respect.gif)

"Preventative medicine is the best medicine," - Adel Zaraa, MD.

Or, a stitch in time saves nine. Taking preventative measures to make sure that you don't get attacked may include calming the mind. Think about it, when your mind and spirit are fluctuating, the energy splashes about you in your aura. What happens when there is haphazard splashing in the ocean? More often than not, a shark will eventually come, attracted by the activity. Depends where you are, so pay attention to the situation at hand.

A plethora of things judge whether or not you are a target. In all cases, though, happy tranquility never attracted predators. Think about that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

Horse
post Sep 22 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #23

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ Aug 24 2008, 10:04 PM) *

Practicing the occult and working with energy attracts entities to me for some reason a few of them bother me probaly because I forget to protect myself. Also I've gotten the evil eye once by a jealous co-worker. The average person probaly doesnt realize they are being attacked but most likely isnt attack as much as occultist. . .

How did you know you got the evil eye?

+Quote Post

Horse
post Sep 22 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(valkyrie @ Aug 20 2009, 11:48 PM) *

i dunno...to me, I totally believe that the 'average' person can be and is attacked. whether they are receptive to an attack is another thing altogether. after all, if one truly believes that reality can be created and actualized through an individuals perception alone...well, you need said person to BELIEVE in the attack for it to be a substantiated hit...right? which sort of explains the whole 'sympathetic' vibe our friend esoterica mentioned. it also explains how an attack originates from the victim...there has to be some sort of spiritual 'link' between the attacker and the attacked.

thank you vagrant dreamer! kupov im sorry but i totally disagree with you. its not arrogant at all...in fact, i'd say its that mustard seed of faith you seem to be lacking that carries a person to the next level of spiritual enlightenment/growth. what is it that inspires this kind of doubtfulness in your own significance as an individual? perhaps you think of it as practicality and humbleness...i think of it as BORING! sure...even so...why don't you give yourself permission to hope? i mean...if you are christian...isn't that exactly what you are supposed to believe? god made corporal so that he could interact and save mankind with a sympathetic and sacrificed physical form? not to be obnoxious...but what is wrong with believing this is actually possible, and in fact our birth right? arrogant? not at all!!!!

however, we can just agree to disagree okay?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can you be sure that this is not like an ostriche with its head in the sand? Heres a scenario. Lets say two people believe in telepathy and start communicating to each other telepathically. One person reads a newspaper and sends the information to his telepathic friend in another room then his telepathic friend physically tells a third person who doesn't believe in telepathy what he is hearing in his mind then the person who isn't telepathic goes into the other room to confirm if the other guy actually received information telepathically or not by reading the newspaper. Would the person who doesn't believe in telepathy simply hallucinate to block him from realizing that these other two people were communicating telepathically. I can think of plenty of ways this non telepathic individual could be exploited by the telepathic people as a result of his disbelief. On the other hand maybe the non telepathic individual is separated from the telepathic people by reality. For example maybe if you start to firmly believe in telepathy you'll slip into a parallel dimension where it is a reality and your memories will be rearranged so you have no recollection of every living in a reality where telepathy is not real. There are so many mind boggling technicalities and intricacies of these notions its an interesting thing to ponder.

+Quote Post

Horse
post Sep 22 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #25

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xenomancer @ Sep 7 2009, 07:10 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/respect.gif)
Or, a stitch in time saves nine. Taking preventative measures to make sure that you don't get attacked may include calming the mind. Think about it, when your mind and spirit are fluctuating, the energy splashes about you in your aura. What happens when there is haphazard splashing in the ocean? More often than not, a shark will eventually come, attracted by the activity. Depends where you are, so pay attention to the situation at hand.

A plethora of things judge whether or not you are a target. In all cases, though, happy tranquility never attracted predators. Think about that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Brilliant analogy. You could also view it as pissing in the wind. The wind might carry that piss and hit someone. That someone mightn't be too happy about it.

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Sep 22 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #26

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Horse @ Sep 22 2009, 01:17 PM) *

How did you know you got the evil eye?

I was exhausted, dizzy, sore, hot then cold and felt heavy for days after I was bragging to a co-worker of my increase in pay (I figured he would take it lightheartedly). I didn’t feel sick or like I was catching anything so out of curiosity I started to research information about the evil eye. I cleansed myself and bed room, and carried around a hematite stone which is known to absorb negative energy. Surprise, surprise I my negative sensations disappeared.

This post has been edited by Aphrodite: Sep 22 2009, 04:46 PM

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Sep 23 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Brilliant analogy. You could also view it as pissing in the wind. The wind might carry that piss and hit someone. That someone mightn't be too happy about it.

Funny you use that analogy, as well! Now I understand why magic is so dangerous... pissing into the wind, you are sure to spray yourself!! HA HA! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kath
post Oct 14 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #28

Zelator
Group Icon

Many "attacks" are in fact just hypochondria or psychosomatic in nature. So to those who have said "its all in your head" in so many words, I do agree that this is pretty common.

However, in my experience, many "attacks" are not internally originated. They involve actual outside separate entities. This should not be hard for anyone who practices magick to imagine as being possible.

Myself, I was plagued with some very unpleasant spiritual attacks on a routine basis all through my childhood, and less frequently for much of my adult life. I have found 3 things which do seem to "ring the dinner bell" for unfriendly entity attacks.
1) Fear. it's like Channel No. 5 to a predatory entity. It's like blood in the water in shark infested waters. The more fear energy you generate & release, the more you're begging for trouble.
2) High Energy. If you have a lot of energy, you tend to radiate it and shed it in large amounts here & there. This acts like a sort of trail of breadcrumbs for predatory entities. Also if you radiate very brightly, you'll make yourself stand out, and both negative and just curious entities will zero in on you to check you out.
3) Astral Projection. if you go out of body, you'll garner some attention, both positive and negative.

Someone else mentioned that you'll tent to attract things which you resonate with. This fits a principal called "like attracts like", so if you for example channel 'rage' it wouldn't be surprising to find yourself in the company of a rage filled entity. However, I would add to this "like attracts like" an alternative principal that complementary states, states which are almost a sort of mirror image of each other, attract each other as well. For example fear & predation, prudishness & arousal, sadness & mirth, etc. where the complimentary but opposite resonance has a sort of 'allure' to it.

edit: I just read the original post more carefully, and to answer the question of "why"... why does anything attack anything? particularly if you step outside of our artificially 'civil' society and look at nature in the wild, how does it work? why does it work? I think it would only be puzzling if you're trying very hard to see reality only through the lens of a civilized society.

This post has been edited by Kath: Oct 14 2009, 10:08 AM

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Feb 17 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #29

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xochipilli @ Aug 24 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Why would anyone come under spiritual attack? Your average person obviously isn't being attacked by unseen forces so what reasons would anyone have to be psychically attacked?

-There are manny reasons why someone might be under spiritual/energetic attack. Ill list the most common ones that come to mind:(what Darkmage not included since i will not repeat his words)
1. You are actively trying to make life difficult for someone that is capable of such a thing.
2. Your in the wrong time and place. Why is night time combined with naturaly abundent places a sorce of terror? Because even if you do not practice anything "out of the ordinary" to grab the attention of none phisical beings, being isolated from other people makes you a glowing light standing on its own(and obviously the center of attention and a source of interest). Further more night time is the time where most people and electronical devices are not working... which creates less stress and chaos in the air, everything is calmer, which makes it easier for none phisical entities to move around and influance the world. Also, and in conclusion, nature(plants and animals) give off a lot of free energy that can be used by anyone or "anything" which supports the activity of none phisical beings. Those are also ultimate conditions for us, people, if we are not asleep and taking a walk in nature if we practice energy work(or any form of magick) and pick out a target and have ill intentions towards that person.
3. If you do know your stuff and happan to do something to attract attention to yourself, it could be unwanted attention(from either people practicing magick or entities of sorts). Since not everyone does these things their individual energetic systems dont outshine each other much.. unless you do something out of the ordinary which makes you stand out, energy wise.
4. If you know your stuff and happan to do something to someone else(spiritual\energetical attack of sorts or effect that is benefitial or just does something.. whatever it may be) then either entities or people involved with that person that practice magick could take that action as hostile and do something to neutrelize you.
And there are countless ways to get into this thing unwillingly and unintentionaly... if you dont know how to properly prevent it, and this is just what came to mind. I hope you wouldnt mind me asking why the sudden interest, eh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Your avarage person is infact the most vulrenable and exploited target, on a daily basis... you know why? since they have no way of knowing for sure that whats happaning to them is because of some "magick" work done against them. All they have is guessing and hoping for the best... cant even defend themselves. Thing is that you dont even understand the extent of these "spiritual attacks", because from your words your assuming you need to be "harmed" in some way. There is so much more to it. Ill give you an example. You could be my boss at some job and you could really dislike me and then when i had enough of your "actions" of trying to make me work hard or whatever it may be(simply because you dislike me) I would set a change in you, without you knowing or feeling any diffrently, an idea in motion... one that repeats itself subconciously regarding your image and emotional response to myself, and at the same time shatter your will, scattering it about and making you unable to focus properly. Anyway, next day when i come to work you will suddenly feel very happy with me and the work im doing(or not doing) and think what a wonderfull worker i am... and later on, since your will is allready broken, no matter what wrong i do to you... you will accept since you like me so very much... and when i decide the work isnt for me, you will fight for me to stay even if it means i will do less then everyone else but still get the same pay. Do you get my point? (and this is a real live situation, from my life a few weeks ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ) I usualy do not take such action against people when its a situation that i can solve without it, but if its something i cannot change without such means and at the same time i need to look out for myself(because why change jobs because of one a$%*#!*? right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) ) i do it gladly(!). Me having tools some might lack, doesnt mean suddenly that i cannot use them. Its their own fault for not having them and not working hard like me to achieve them. So it stands as my advantage(hard earned i must add).

So you see this "spiritual attack" your reffering to can be a lot of things, take that into concideration. I think its good i dont have the time at the momment to list all the forces that make the "ordinary guy" do a million things... which puts absolute free will into quesiton(not mentioning other things such as illness and the like that are not allways because of phisical reasons alone).

Hope this helps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Shimi: Feb 17 2010, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse