Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Help Identify Egyptian Goddess, A bird headed goddess...
Little Blue Man
post Mar 14 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

A few months ago I had this vision, more like a dream, I saw a very peculiar Egyptian style hieroglyph. It started with the sensation of being pulled out of my body. I was dragged into an empty void, no stars or planets, and positioned in front of a mammoth hieroglyph. The glyph was composed entirely of water, seemingly lacking any form. Yet when I focused on it, I could see a tall slender Canary headed goddess pouring water out of a clay jug. A strange humanoid ape creature bowed before her, with bowl raised to catch the water. I could see the outlines were actually waterfalls. The water came up and over one edge and poured off the other in such a way to make the image i just described. I was almost too amazed by the manner in which this glyph was displayed to even realize someone might want me to learn something from the experience.

I've come to call it the Aquarian Glyph. It seems to symbolize everything that is aquarius, right down to being a glyph formed of water. Now for whatever reason, it didn't hit me until recently that the Canary headed woman might be an actual Egyptian Goddess and the ape-creatures could be from Egyptian mythology. I haven't found any definitive answers yet, the closest God/Godess that relates to what I saw is Horus. Except Horus is a hawk and male.

So... has anyone heard of a canary headed Egyptian goddess, maybe referred to as a 'water-bearer', or the humanoid apes?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Isis did go about as a hawk herself for a time.
(Wallis E.A. Budge)

+Quote Post

J*S
post Mar 30 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

The bird is probably Isis, especially considering the water symbolism and the fact that she was the Goddess of the inundation of the Nile. The ape would be Thoth.

So, you have the water of life being dispensed by Isis, who is the Queen of the Gods (Isis Panthea, Priestess of the SS e.t.c). This is transformed by Thoth, the God of knowledge and understanding (particularly of the learned variety, and the God of writing, which was essentially a priestly function) to create the resultant glyph. I would say you need to decipher that glyph!

That would be my 5 second interpretation anyways.

This post has been edited by J*S: Mar 30 2007, 03:40 PM

--------------------
"If thou thyself hast not a sure foundation, whereon wilt thou stand to direct the forces of Nature?" Liber Librae, AC

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Apr 4 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Theurgist
Group Icon

Not sure about the goddess, but the ape headed god was probably one of the four sons of Horus, Hapi. He is associated with the North.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Black Rose
post Apr 20 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

I think its the God of knowledge and wisdom Thoth, when he was in an ape form to persuade the Goddess Hathor to return home for Ra when she was raging and in the desert.

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Jun 18 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

the only goddess that i find remotely similar to what you describe is Oshun. she is a yeruba goddess from west africa and parts of south america. Only, her bird is the parrot and not the canary, and she is not egyptian although her origins ARE african. she is a river goddess. but im not sure about the ape.

+Quote Post

Khenti_Amenti
post Jun 28 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

However i have never seen Oshun depicted in a Zoomorphic way in Yoruban Iconography.
She is usually seen as a beutiful woman (being a "lovegodess") dressed in yellow or gold.

The Norse Freya actually takes on bird form but she´s not depicted in a semi bird fashion either.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse