Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Astral Maps, And other Metaphysical Maps
fatherjhon
post Apr 25 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

Recently I have been thinking about the lay out of the astral and how one might "map" it. I have heard that the Tree of Life is one such map, and the tarot can function as another; mandalas and maps of the consciousness like the "cube of life" are related but sepreate in my mind. I have read a lot about them but have no idea on how that might work for astral traval. I have always had a hard time knowing where I am in the astral so maybe a map could help out. If anyone knows how to use the tree of life or tarot for this, or another such map I would like to know how to use them and how they work. I know "they map out whats there". Both a topographic map and a road map will "map out whats there" but in very different ways and focus on different things.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse