Reply to this topicStart new topic
 What Are You Drinking, the official SM wine/spirits list
Bb3
post Oct 17 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

So here are some of the good things I've had lately,

cabo wabo reposado, this is really beautiful as advertised, a fine mix of flavor, peppery and deep with a beautiful cool down.

Zolo Malbec Gaucho 09 select- a very fine wine, deep taste typical of a malbec with a superb finish, at this point if I could pick one wine I had to drink everyday it would be this.

Vigilance Cimarron 08- wow this is explosive, the flavors just burst in your mouth, great for a meals or aftermeals so much flavor it's almost ridiculous.

Triple bank Pinot Noir 09- nicely dry with a nice blush of flavor in the middle notes, a great red wine for seafood or pasta.

--------------------
Mad skillz

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Draw
post Oct 22 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm not really imaginative when i go out for a drink.
I usualy start with a few Guinness's
Then move on to the Tequila slammers, until i fall over or go home.

I'd drink more cocktails but they are expensive an i am usually broke.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 27 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Give me my three wisemen: Jim, Jack and Jose. At the same time if you wish! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) When it comes to vodka I prefer Smirnoff or "stolychnya" (I can't spell worth a damn)

When it comes to spirits what I have found is that both whiskey and tequila can be an excellent cooking ingredient with the right dish too.

I'll drink wine but its not really my thing. There is this store around heree that has wine tasting once a week and they go by a theme by the country. So one week it will be wines from France or California. They've had wines from Australia and even from my home of Colorado. I think last week was Argentina. They've had wines from Chille and Brazil too. The thing is, I am terrible with names. Unless I sit down and study something and commit it to memory I just don't retain names. When it comes to wine: to me that shit is red and that shit is white and that shit is pink and sometimes I'm like I don't know what that shit even is! - but it tastes good!

Now beer? Although I haven't had the change to taste many beers based by country I have had a fair share of beer from Germany, Belgium, Mexico, Jamaica. Coors is Colorado's beer made from the rockies which is kinda scary because of all the mercury and ground pollution from 200+ years of mining. But Coors original is ok. Coors light just tastes like fermented piss. But that's about how I feel for most light beers anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 28 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bb3 @ Oct 18 2010, 08:28 AM) *
So here are some of the good things I've had lately,

cabo wabo reposado, this is really beautiful as advertised, a fine mix of flavor, peppery and deep with a beautiful cool down.

Zolo Malbec Gaucho 09 select- a very fine wine, deep taste typical of a malbec with a superb finish, at this point if I could pick one wine I had to drink everyday it would be this.

Vigilance Cimarron 08- wow this is explosive, the flavors just burst in your mouth, great for a meals or aftermeals so much flavor it's almost ridiculous.

Triple bank Pinot Noir 09- nicely dry with a nice blush of flavor in the middle notes, a great red wine for seafood or pasta.
No idea and never seen those before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I usually take Godfather or Black Russian, probably Sambuca when it's available and then continue with Gin and Tonic.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Nov 7 2010, 05:47 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

"DF)&)!!" Kinjo, what you say don't matter, you know living in the east eh, stop by Nor Cal and we'll drink some quality ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dance2.gif)

As for tequila slammers I wonder what you hammer? What would that entail I wonder? Two good reasons to live in Nor Cali good tequila access and good wine. I mean white versus red whatever, but good versus bad is all the difference in wine, it's actually worthwhile to feel both out. White wine is mostly a seafood or pasta accompaniment while red wine is more suitable for beef or pork, while I would especially denote pork.

Let me add that challis lane is a fairly cheap wine brand that seems to produce some quality stuff, the cabernet, don't remember but that was as fine as you could find, especially when you appraise that bottle for it's worth, what more might I say, so fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evil2.gif)

beer is quite another thread I think, I mean that list just goes and goes and goes and goes... please, it doesn't stop for all I know

This post has been edited by Bb3: Nov 7 2010, 05:47 AM

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

Vilhjalmr
post Nov 8 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

Laudanum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------
Für Wodin!

+Quote Post

Animal Shaman
post Nov 11 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Jack Daniels or Miller lite for me.

--------------------
totem guiding me in life right now:
The Frog
IPB Image

+Quote Post

teopiltzin
post Nov 17 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

When I drink, i'll usually take a Negra Modelo or Pacifico or just about any other Mexican beer (except for Corona).

+Quote Post

Adder
post Feb 22 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Home brew of course, alchemy 101 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Feb 23 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #10

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

I don't drink much, but when I do, it's:

1) Korean raspberry wine. YUM.

2) Various kinds of sake (usually house stuff when I'm out at the sushi place)

3) Soju on occasion (house brand at Korean restaurants, usually)

4) I like Trader Joe's house beer. I also like Kirin, Orion, OB, Sapporo, and Mississippi Black and Tan. Most American beer is cat piss. No thanks, I"ll pass. :/

Usually, though, my drinks of choice are Coca Cola Classic, Gatorade, and water.

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic