Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Why Does The Rose Cross Ritual Get Such A Bum Rap?
Mchawi
post May 30 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Regardie slates it as being, ''black magic'' in his book, 'The Tree of Life' and it dosen't seem to get much play in other texts either, Karig gives it as some mundane way of rendering oneself invisible and from there it dosen't get much mention from others.

Personally think that first off, it dosen't work and isn't likely to, unless a person is a full adept perhaps, tangiable pentagrams and all, theres no way a person can shroud their physical selves, took its mention in Modern Magic to be more allegorical, him shrouding himself from the police implying its use in magic when a person needs to shroud their aura from malvolent imposing forces/entities.

Was a time when I seemed to be drawing a lot of negative attention to myself at one point I felt two distinct, negative, entities in my room at night... took to doing the R.C to round off my daily practice and felt/percivied something attempting to find myself, negative energies ingeneral had a hard time ''getting though'' to myself at that time also, and, although I haven't used it for this purpose there are times when a Mchawis* aura radiates, times when one come across as being a bit diffrent when around others, the R.C ritual again has its purpose here enshrouding the aura from those who would otherwise find such things a bit odd and enquire as to what is going on exactly.

*Mchawi is swahili for Magician btw.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post May 30 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #2

Theurgist
Group Icon

Black magick? That is a new one on me, the RC ritual couldn't be further from black magick if it tried. In short it is a ritual invocation of tiphareth. It does have a in drawing aspect especially when compared to the LBRP, but nothing close to what Kraig describes. Although the GD does have an invisibility ritual found in the black brick.

It can be useful when you feel overwhelmed and need to with draw, also useful for healing. Although the RCR can be abused. Remember the vice of tiphareth is false pride. Also some students in the past have overused it in an effort to not deal with and face issues that that should, thus stagnating their spiritual and personal growth. Other than it's potential for abuse there is nothing harmful about the rite.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Jun 3 2008, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fio Praeter Humanus @ May 30 2008, 12:13 PM) *
Remember the vice of tiphareth is false pride.

A fools gold? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The R.C is/was one of my favorite rituals, really miss it especially now I'm in 1=10 and my smoking habit seems to have taken off, didn't think it was possible for me to eat so much chocolaite, a feat of human endurance that I'm not covered in spots or chronically ill .lol.

Still think it gets a bum rap though, given and described as a frivilous ritual out of context with its applications.... doubt it would feature in any specific grade though. Skeptical about the (actual) invisibility ritual, magick has helped change my perception of the thin line between whats possible and impossible but that one is far fetched.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Jul 5 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mchawi @ Jun 3 2008, 10:28 PM) *
A fools gold? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The R.C is/was one of my favorite rituals, really miss it especially now I'm in 1=10 and my smoking habit seems to have taken off, didn't think it was possible for me to eat so much chocolaite, a feat of human endurance that I'm not covered in spots or chronically ill .lol.

Still think it gets a bum rap though, given and described as a frivilous ritual out of context with its applications.... doubt it would feature in any specific grade though. Skeptical about the (actual) invisibility ritual, magick has helped change my perception of the thin line between whats possible and impossible but that one is far fetched.

I read about it somewhere else online; and I will admit that I like the idea of a cloaking device. ;-)

What I read stated that the LBRP lights up the astral; so that when you perform it it's the equivalent of sending up a flare to any local undesirables in the immediate area, but that the RC then blankets your immediate space again.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse