2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Attaining Siddhi, Have you? Methods?
+ Kinjo -
post Nov 27 2005, 04:30 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I have been planning to take a Kedjawen's ritual (tantric mantra japa sadhana) in an attempt to attain Siddhi but have not have the motivation to start the 7 days white fasting yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) maybe soon... when I'm in the mood to torture myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I'm interested to hear if anyone here has attain any siddhi? your method/s of attaining it?

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Nov 28 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
I was under the impression that the Siddhi's were the 'aftereffects' of using various meditations towards enlightenment (such as Kundalini yoga) and not something to strive towards. During conciousness enlightenment certain 'abilities' manifest. These are not to be considered 'achievements' but rather signposts on your path. "the Serpent Power" by Avalone (sp?) goes into the various Siddhi's and their meanings when they manifest. Good Luck!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Nov 28 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #3

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Greetings

This is a good link for exploring the 9 siddhi ...

The Nine Siddhi

A number of years ago I set out into the spiritual world of wonder and was introduced to the fiery serpent energy (kundalini) etc etc and one of the other 'wonders' revealed to me were the siddhi ...

I once trained and trained ... fasted and fasted .... meditated and meditated sometimes as much as a week on end in a deep state ....

I only ever accomplished one thing ... levitating off the ground whilst in a standing position ONCE for about 2 seconds ... which felt like a lifetime. I was shown it and had it witnessed ... but nothing since!!!

Kinjo mate ... good luck ... I know just how difficult it is and how dedicated you must be to attain even one of these ....!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Dec 2 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Thanks for the replies.

Attaining siddhi seemed to be a damn hard venture (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry_pissed_off_emoticon.gif)

It's about 3.00am here and I just finished - well, gave up... one Kejawen ritual (tantra sadhana) which has a 60 seconds mantra to recite and has to be chanted for 313x to attain one specific siddhi. The ritual began with cleansing ritual shower and wearing a cloth of the same color afterward. I simply put on my black tau robe. Then went off to my ritual room and swallow an empowered pill for this specific ritual with water previously steeped into 5 types of flower. The pill acts like a liquid talisman which will dissolve and integrate with my etheric body which designed to help amplify my thoughts and plant the seed of the siddhi.

In the dark with my asana, I then began chanting the mantra mentally with my rudraksha mala.
Blablabla... I have problems with my asana (IMG:style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif) - my feet and muscles began to ache, one mosquito somehow sneak inside - kissing me here and there... whispering in my ears, my dog sometimes crys outside my ritual room missing me and parts of my body aching which seemed like 1000 needles pinned on my legs.

Now, I managed to chant 108 mantras for almost 3 hours straight before the physical, mental pain and the temptations to quit was so terribly great I finally gave up with one self made excuse to try to make it up.

After a couple experiences in trying to achieve this, I think to attain Siddhi, the very first step is to master the asana and able to meditate comfortably for at least 6 hours straight without changing the asana/move. Secondly, a focused mind with a good stamina to keep watching the chants mentally with a steady and continuous beats without mind farts.

On a lighter note. I just received my books from India about mantra & tantra and in it, there're many instructions in attaining various siddhis - minor practical siddhis, not like the big ones you posted Mr. Merlin. And many of the mantras listed there were shorter (maybe 10 seconds, 1000/day to recite - about 2,5 hours of mantra japa daily) and seemed easier to accomplish daily, but requires continued sadhana for 21 days before siddhi achieved.

Well, great things does not happen overnight.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 8 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

hi, i'm from india and i have more than 500 books(occult) in my computer.
i have many books for sidhis also . i know there are few mantras through them you can get a lot of sidhis but you are right most of them includes fasting for few days. i know many BABA's who has these kind of sidhis but the thing is none of them is computer literate .so, if you want books or mantras i will try and get that mantra for that specific thing. for e.g. i can tell you mantras for unlocking locks without keys,and eating bulbs and tubelight or any kind of glass without harming your body. and trust me i have seen someone eating tubelight after getting that sidhi . i have tons of information about these but can't put everything here .if i have the permission from the seniors from this forum i can put content page of few books here.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Dec 8 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Go ahead dennis. I am interested.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Dec 9 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

if you haven't already incorporated breathing practices into your practice for attaining siddhi Kinjo I would definitely add one or two. Practicing the bellows breath is something I've seen referred to by many authors and can definitely have mind altering affects when practiced for more than 10 minutes. Any pranic breathing would definitely help you learn to focus your mind much better.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

Kiwi Kid
post Dec 11 2005, 08:15 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ok well, I had something here, which was lost when our friend came...

But anyway, I'd recommend as I said before doing some pranayama before, this allows you to not only reach a deeper state, where chanting japa with correct devotion and concentration, but also gives energy, which begins to associate itself with the japa, allowing progress to be more powerful. In particular I'd recommend aum vilom (alternate nostril pranayama) and spinal breathing for at least 5 mins before commencing japa. As mentioned in the post above, bhastrika is also quite good, but I didn't think of it in my first post.

Another recommendation would be to try and sit in siddhasana if possible, or at least, have somethinng pressing against your perinium, this helps prevent apana from leaving, and sends it upwards to feed the internal fire, which should speed progress up even more.

But then, I haven't ever really done japa or anything at all to attain siddhis specifically...so take what I say with a grain of salt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
*~*We have eyes, but do we truly see?*~*

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 12 2005, 07:26 AM
Post #9

Initiate
Group Icon

i'm giving you content of 2 books i have :
tell me which one you want i'll tell you

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 12 2005, 07:30 AM
Post #10

Initiate
Group Icon

2nd

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

bym
post Dec 12 2005, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
Dennis12, would you mind revealing the books name(s) and author(s)?
The Table of Contents read something like the tabloids advertised at the back of comic books (no slight intended!) I'd be very curious to find out. Thanks for anything you'd care to impart. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 13 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #12

Initiate
Group Icon

hi bym,
go to www.indotalisman.com and check their e book section

let me know , if you need more information. i'm lucky that you replied for my message . you are the most favorite guy in this forum i always read your replies on every page coz you got experience more than my age.

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 13 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #13

Initiate
Group Icon

bym, can you accept me as your disciple ?
i would be glad . according to our tradition (indian) we can't achieve the hights of success without a guru.

namashkar

+Quote Post

bym
post Dec 13 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #14

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings Dennis12!
I'm flattered by your question but, sadly, must decline your offer.
There are those on Forum that have far better grasp/understanding on matters of magic(k) than I. Plus, such undertaking should never be done lightly...on both parties part(s). For me it is a HUGE responsibility and I, frankly, don't think myself as worthy...to you, this is an important step in your life. You don't know me other than a few posts on this forum. I urge you to look carefully for a teacher/guru. The world is filled with opportunists and just unsavory types waiting for trusting souls to prey upon. I know that it is frustrating for an eager younger person who wishes to be on track with their studies. Alas, I'm not the one you seek. I will, however, be glad to answer when I can but you must promise to look elsewhere for a guru and don't just trust anybody that comes along. It is true that knowledge has a price...but don't throw your money after opportunists in hopes of gaining enlightenment. Enlightenment, albeit spirituality is a very personal thing and is not offered off a shelf. We are now OffTopic! Thanks for the info and be well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

dennis12
post Dec 13 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #15

Initiate
Group Icon

bym, thx for the guidance. i'v worked on few things of magic but i don't know why i never heard about those things here in this forum . so, i keep my mouth shut (i really feel bout that). please tell me what you think about www.indotalisman.com

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Dec 13 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #16

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Stay on topic please.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

bym
post Dec 13 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #17

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Thank you Kinjo!
Whilst reading some Kenneth Grant the other day, "The Nightside of Eden", mentions the attaining of specific siddhi's to be gained whilst the magician explores the qlipphotic paths on the 'underside' of the Tree of Life. He refers to these paths as "the Tunnels of Set". The standard siddhi's are hinted at: invisibility, glamour, amassing wealth, bilocation, etc. Note to budding magicians: This is not for beginners nor the faint of heart! Please stick to the more placid methods of yoga, etc.!
What surprises me (and you'd think I'd've learned by now) are all the people who think that contorting ones body and intoning mantra will grant you various abilities that you didn't have before! True, with practice, one will gain the mystic ability of contortionism and the unique power of exploring the resonant capabilities of ones nasal passages! All kidding aside. The 'quick' methods usually lead to frustration and a nagging backache! It is the underlying mental discipline and the resultant enlightenment that bring most of these alternative abilities. It takes hard work!
It was mentioned in another post that certain swamis gain the ability to eat glass. Why? I mean...to what end? You'll not gain abit of nutrition from the glass. I must confess that I'm clueless. Granted, the reason alot of us who study magic are for rather mundane reasons that satisfy ones ego. We want to feel special. We want to be powerful.

If you practice the honing of your attention span and your innate ability to concentrate and hold an image in your head for over 3 minutes withour error you will be well on your way to mastering much of what is necessary to experience expanded consciousness. Whilst in various stages of trance state when certain mantras are intoned you will find yourself uplifted. It may happen that you are actually 'floating' 4 inches off the ground...but you will not care! You will be awash in the bliss state and nothing so grossly physical will capture your attention!
There are reasons for doing these exercises and meditations...and they usually do not include the ability to fly (or some such). The Siddhi's are frequently used to capture the aspirants attention whilst another hand is picking your pocket! It's like buying the book "How to become a millionaire!" only to find out that you only needed to sell your own book first or work hard and gain from your efforts.
Thanks for allowing my rant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

jemli
post Jan 12 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #18

Initiate
Group Icon

I have come to believe that greatest siddhi is LOVE. Let me tell you about a devotional song that muslim poet Rasakhan wrote of Sri Krishna :-
' O Krishna, all gods worship you incessantly
And You do not get pleased by them
Yet in exchange for a cupful of buttermilk
You dance to the tune of cowherdesses;
Any number of golden palaces can I discard
In favour of the beautiful bowers ;
I shall throw off all the 8 siddhis & 9 nidhis
In favour of grazing cows in the pastureland of Brindavan.'

+Quote Post

Psypocalypse
post Feb 11 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

Attaining these states of being through intoning mantras and assuming different postures interrests me a lot. Would anyone care to post some of the basics?
I'm not that familiar with this system, but would like to learn more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/help.gif)

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Feb 12 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #20

Zelator
Group Icon

this aligns a little to the chi lesson i will soon start to teach.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Mar 19 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

I suppose some of you know and some don't that siddhis are considered to be distractions which take you away from the main goal of satori or samadhi. Many people get into these disciplines for the wrong reasons, at least the wrong reasons according to various masters.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Praxis
post Mar 19 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #22

Mage
Group Icon

This situation involving siddhis and enlightenment reminds me of the situation involving working out to look good, and working out to be healthy.

Declaring that one endeavours toward enlightenment is the “politically correct” statement to make, instead of declaring that one works to receive benefits from siddhis. The same goes with regard to health. Declaring that one endeavours toward health is the “politically correct” statement to make, instead of declaring that one works out to receive benefits from looking good.

I must admit that the vast majority of people I know who primarily workout for health reasons have suffered serious health problems, and who subsequently became Born Again Wellness Disciples. I suspect that the same situation is accurate for people who have suffered serious problems with spiritual presence, and who subsequently converted to some pathway for such development.

Sure, sure – I know a few individuals who were raised in an environment that consistently emphasized, and who maintain their health as part of living their lives. I also know a few individuals who were raised in an environment that consistently emphasized spiritual workouts, and who likewise maintain their spiritual health as part of living their lives.

But in both cases, the number of those individuals who do so have been significantly small.

Far, far more primarily work out to look good. And - I suspect that if there was not such a stigma against admitting it – far more would admit to primarily meditating for cultivating siddhic abilities.

+Quote Post

bym
post Mar 19 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #23

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Praxis, I suspect that you are right...people do try/use the meditations for the sole reason of obtaining the siddhis. Unfortunately when the siddhis are gained the aspirant tends to become obsessed with the siddhi affect and not the path toward enlightenment....if that was the supposed goal to begin with. A stagnation then sets in and most, if any, progressive movement is halted. It all depends on which school of thought you ascribe to. To most, though, when asked if you'd rather have the ability to levitate or enter a transcendental bliss state, the answer would be 'levitation, please!'...with no bones about it! LOL! This is why we aren't terribly enlightened as a race, IMHO, of course!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Mar 19 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #24

Zelator
Group Icon

I belonged to a school of Qigong which taught us to ignore any growing psychic abilities as being irrelevant. Anyhow that is how I thought for many years. But I became less comfortable with some aspects of Chinese culture over time. I began to see that Qigong or energy work is actually universal and at one time was probably known in Europe as well. My concepts changed so that I Europeanized or westernized my energy work and evolved into a neo-pagan. At that point I had contact with other neo-pagans who seemed to have a very different attitude than I had. With me, I had meditated daily and over time I happened to develop special abilities and had shamanic and otherworldly experiences. But these were irrelevant to me at the time. However I was meeting with people all the time that weren't interested in the spiritual aspects, but wanted to develop spiritual abilities. I found it rather strange. I suppose that this is why I posted here as I did. My purpose in my spiritual practice is still primarily spiritual. But I am beginning to value these abilities at times. I still have some misgivings though.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

Star
post Mar 22 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #25

Neophyte
Group Icon

Jed Mckenna, I'm 95% that was his name. He has a book out on attaing enlightment.

You can probably find it as a free download on the web with a little googling.

I would suggest giving it a read and seeing if it complements what your already learning.

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Jun 15 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #26

Zelator
Group Icon

Goibniu, those are wise words.

Many western people start studying the occult in hopes of ataining such "powers". They attain nothing of spiritual value and feed their egos more and more.
Most give up on occultism completely when they don't seem to learn any tricks fast enough.

I bow to you in respect of your wisdom. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jun 27 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #27

Practicus
Group Icon

Kinjo,

I had the oppurtunity a little while ago, after having read the beginning of this thread initially, to speak with a guri. On the subject of Siddhi, she had this to say: That Siddhi are manifestations of spiritual progress, and that giving them the attention of your conscious efforts to advance spiritually is like admiring how fast your car is going while the transmission falls apart under the hood. She never does seem to say anything directly.

But, Her advice to me was to simply devote all attention to the mastery of the body through asana, then the mastery of the mind through shavasana. She said no more of the Siddhi, but afterwards her student, who was nice enough to introduce me, found it necessary to explain that all of the Siddhi are the manifested, gross benefits of the subtle states of mind within, which occur naturally when we devote ourselves to mastery over the body and mind.

Since then, I have manifested two siddhi, and only when I was not even thinking about it - in fact, they took me by surprise all together. However, I find that the further towards mastery you can push your attention, and the farther away from the intended results you can push it, the more quickly will it manifest itself. Then, once you have attained it the first time, it is like being able to see in a room that was previously dark - you still are only just familiar with it, but in time you could walk into it with your eyes closed and it is just as familiar.

So, my own advice, is to pick an Asana to begin with, perhaps one appropriate for the Siddhi you do wish to attain eventually, and devote yourself entirely towards mastering that Asana/Mantra combination, and your mind with it, for no other reason than to achieve that mastery. When Siddhi manifest, you will certainly know, and the less you expect it, the more likely it will be.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Jun 27 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #28

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Thanks Vagrant Dreamer, that was an excellent advice! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/i_triangle.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

mystick
post Jun 28 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #29

Light of Enki
Group Icon

Just a point to note..
When you are doing certain sadhnas for e.g to make a demon manifest which will follow your orders (called the Pisach saddhna)... There are certain things to keep in mind is that if you get your result (the demon appears before you somplete your ritual) then this does not mean you have been successful.. Sometimes some entitied may manifest before you attain siddhi so that if you stop y our sadhna, the entity wont be on your control and will leave you and your sadhna unfruitful..
If a sadhna requirs you to do a mantra 1000 times do the 1000 times.. if its 125000 times , do it to completion... if a sadhana tells that after reciting a mantra for 11 rounds (11*108) then take your stuff and put in a cross road at midnight, its only after you do the whole thing that you attain siddhi and not before even if the spirit you wanted to contact appears before////

Regards Mystick

You could only use some tips so as to reduce the number of times by take into considerations the diffrent "facilities that nature gives" Doing a mantra before a guru who give you a diksha can make one chant of the mantra worth 1000 or more... I dont have the exact number of times this is multiplied to but its depending on how powerful your guru is and things like doing it on eclipse period etc....

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

Vikido
post Dec 20 2006, 06:03 AM
Post #30

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

QUOTE(dennis12 @ Dec 12 2005, 04:26 PM) *
i'm giving you content of 2 books i have :
tell me which one you want i'll tell you

Hello,

I am a newbie in here, can i ask you good selves for a copy of the books you have. i went of site but now they dont sell individual books, and all 12 books has to be bought together.

Can you please email me the copy of the 2 books (IMG:style_emoticons/default/book.gif) you have.

Regards

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse