Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Talisman Troubles, Mitigate my paranoia...
monkman418
post Sep 12 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Hello All!

Over a year ago now, I created a talisman to disrupt any negative vibes/interference/actions (whatever) that would hinder me as I applied for a vocational position. At the time, I was in the company of some virulent individuals, who were also new agers/pagans/magicians, who had been trying to sabotage my life progress in general (primarily through psychological abuse). I don't believe in curses (or magick really, but hey), but I feel that I had been cursed in many ways by these people (practically speaking, through psychological abuse if nothing else). Above all else, I wanted to make sure that they would not do, and could not do, anything to hinder me.

It turned out that I was accepted to the position I had applied towards, and so I announced this to the world. Within two weeks though, due to a "bureaucratic error," I was informed that I wouldn't be appointed to the position after all-- it was a strange, freak error. This was devastating at the time, since I had given my landlord a month's notice and quit my current sources of income. Even more, the persons who I was around were now after me with a vengeance for having intended to make decisions without their negative input.

I've long since gotten out of that very bad situation, thank god, and am quite stabilized. But I've wondered ever since if, somehow, the talisman I made had been defective or backfired. The symbol was basically a wadjet eye, which in general has been used to protect against "the evil eye"-- but perhaps, as I made it, the evil eye was attracted? I have wondered this especially since I had anxieties as I made the talisman that it would backfire freakishly-- perhaps this anxiety mis-charged the sigil as I created it?

Ever had a talisman backfire? Let me know your thoughts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by monkman418: Sep 12 2010, 01:53 AM

--------------------
MonkMan418
---------------------------------
"It sometimes strikes me that the whole of science is a piece of impudence; that nature can afford to ignore our impertinent interference. If our monkey mischief should ever reach the point of blowing up the earth by decomposing an atom, and even annihilated the sun himself, I cannot really suppose that the universe would turn a hair.” --- Aleister Crowley

“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--- Stephen Hawking

Therefore, God is a monkey.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Sep 12 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #2

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkman418 @ Sep 12 2010, 03:49 AM) *

Hello All!

Over a year ago now, I created a talisman to disrupt any negative vibes/interference/actions (whatever) that would hinder me as I applied for a vocational position.... I've wondered ever since if, somehow, the talisman I made had been defective or backfired. The symbol was basically a wadjet eye, which in general has been used to protect against "the evil eye"-- but perhaps, as I made it, the evil eye was attracted? I have wondered this especially since I had anxieties as I made the talisman that it would backfire freakishly-- perhaps this anxiety mis-charged the sigil as I created it?

Siglis used to back fire and fail on me all the time because of contaminated thoughts. Never had a talisman do that though. You say sigil and talisman so I'm going to assume it was a sigil you could wear rather than some complex mash-up of symbols aliened in proper astrological ways. Talismans mostly work by correspondence that attract energies linked to your desire. Naturally, the particulars change with the system, but talismans made in the CM fashion aren't susceptible to mental contamination. If one did back fired then it was because of elements that repel or more likely attracted something at odds with (or irrelevant) your goal.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

palindroem
post Sep 19 2010, 04:06 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

I've had this kind of thing happen when I was younger. Almost invariably, it was my inability to "keep silent" before the effect of the working was complete.
Sounds alot like your situation.

--------------------
"My theory is longer, thicker and harder then yours" - Frank Farrelly
(regarding scientific objectivity)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th October 2024 - 11:21 PM