Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Druidic "seer Sight"
NetherSpirit
post Jun 6 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

During some research the other day I stumbled upon a book which mentioned something called "Seer Sight" that the ancient Druids supposedly practised, allowing them to see the spirit world layered over the physical one; I was wondering if anyone on here knows how much validity there is to this and if anyone has any experience with it? I've been trying to develop it myself lately, but it's proving to be quite a difficult technique to do effectively!

Thanks!

This post has been edited by NetherSpirit: Jun 6 2010, 05:47 PM

--------------------
Know thyself...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jun 6 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

Just another name for seeing auras, the etheric plane, astral projection, astral vision, etc. Just about every spiritual tradition has it in some sense or another. Its just another label for the Sixth sense (and seventh, eighth, etc., but they normally don't divide them up).

Initiation more than likely involved hallucinogens, virtually every 'tribal' spiritual tradition does. Plants, mushrooms, near death experiences - they don't all involve ingesting things, but it's the same principle. Forcing an altered state of consciousness in the guidance of the initiator(s), in order to recover some form of spiritual power from that place. Then they are trained to use that spiritual power in different ways, unless they died or were unable to hold on to it, which in many cultures meant either death or just expulsion from the 'order' of whatever form it took.

Knowing it by a more general name will allow you to find other information. There's some here, and some all over the internet/libraries/bookstores/etc. Good luck!

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Jun 7 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ah ok! Thanks for the help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Time for me to get doing some research!

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Goibniu
post Jun 13 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

We don't actually have much knowledge about what the druids believed or their lore so be cautious about accepting something as genuine when labelled as druidic. The mythology of northern Europe was only written down long after the conversion to Christianity. As a matter of fact most was recorded by Christian priests because they were the only literate group at the time in Ireland where the druids existed longest. So it is difficult to say how reliable these writings are. Additionally, during the late 18th century onward, the Romantics created pseudo -druidic groups with lore that was basically Christian. There has been a lot of books written about the druids making claims about them that scholars now say are nonsense. Anyhow you get the idea.

--------------------
Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

+Quote Post

NetherSpirit
post Jun 13 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yeah that's one of the biggest problems I've faced with researching anything Druidic, and so the only things I take for fact are things that seem to pop up in most places I look; I've even found one book claiming that the Pheryllt definitely existed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)

--------------------
Know thyself...

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse