Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 First Encounter With The Spiritual Realm, attacked...
Nill
post May 23 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have been attracted to shamanism for a while. I have been reading up on guides, rituals, trances, etc for six or more months. Last night was my first contact with the realm. I was dropped into tall grass and animals appeared and left faster than I could recognize them. That was until the wild dog came. He told me that he was an aspect of myself: loyalty, independance, ferocity. I conversed with him for a while. I told him I was thirsty and he led me to a stream. I asked if he was hungry. He said yes and then proceeded to feed off of something inside my head. Naturally I was alarmed, as I neither knew what he was eating nor his true intentions. What should I do concerning the wild dog? Many thanks.
Nill

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Satarel
post May 23 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #2

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

Ask it.

Some things in our heads are continual traits. If it's feeding off those, then all that says is that's what causes it to be. Eating is not necessarily a destructive thing. It can just as easily be a renewing thing. At the same time, they may just be "mental game" - specially created things for it to hunt.

As to its loyalties and aims, again - ask it. From experience, I can tell you that if you know where it wants you to think it stands, and watch it to see how it actually acts, you can much more easily spot incongruencies in its story (if there are any).

This post has been edited by Zahaqiel: May 23 2006, 03:40 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse