Reply to this topicStart new topic
 So You Think You're Special., You sure?
Ankhhape
post Apr 11 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #31

Neophyte
Group Icon

esoterica:
My 'Jungian' reference was not aimed at vampires rather it was aimed at delusional people who might associate the vampire archetype with themselves through the neurosis of said disorder.

--------------------
Kheper-i kheper kheperu kheper-kuie
em kheperu en Khepri kheper em Sep Tepy

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

azareth
post Apr 11 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #32

Zelator
Group Icon

Well,for me,I dont believe I am special in any sense,I am a normal man and i am not ashamed of it.
I am not an experst in anything,nor will i ever be,on my last hour i will remain ignorant of many things,and think to my self (i will probably need an infinite life times to grasp a drop from the sea of wisdom and knowledge.
Now we all know the rule that says (energy always follow thoughts)thoughts have energy,I takes one thought for a man to have an erection,If you can control your breathing,blood presure,heart beat using thought,then its quite possible to control circumstances and physical objects using thoughts or intense concentration,for that reason i believe that people fantasy are not useless,Its belief and constant thought that gives these fantasy power.

I believe in vampires (psychic vampires,who absorb your vital energy and leave you tired and confused) many people had some encounters with these vampires,If you feel drained,tired after meeting someone,they are psychic vampires.

Peace and love.

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 11 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #33

Zelator
Group Icon

Not to be a b**** but the over whelming skepticism and the whole “go seek medical help advice” can make this forum a really irritating place sometimes (there is a reason why 7 people update daily vs. other occult forums out there). Even more irritating than the over the top dramatic post (which I rarely see). Its really hard other than a select few, to have any interesting conversation.

Why complain about the dramatic post when one claimed to act this very same way during their own teenage angst years, that’s hypocritical IMO. Like the dad who gets angry at his son for having underage sex, when he (the dad) himself did the same. Then to turn around and say it’s natural teenage expression.

Blah Blah Blah, Nag Nag Nag. If it’s normal teenage angst, then stop complaining and or petition for this forum to have an age requirement. A public forum equals, children, and nutcases are equally allowed to voice their opinions. Obviously if they are making fun or full of shit banning is needed.

Also I like to talk fantastical about the occult, and or put a “Hollywood movie” twist to the rituals and spells I attempt. Sorry if that annoys anyone, and yes I am special.

IMO you are angry if your writing essay worthy post about nutcases and children writing on a PUBLIC INTERNET FORUM, and then having to add the whole contrived “I’m not angry” statement to your post despite the seemingly emotional fueled essay.

I wasn't targeting anyone specific. . .

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Apr 11 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #34

Zelator
Group Icon

'there are no such thing as the happy gentle bunny people'

i should hope not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

'it could be said that my whole eternal mission has been to break open the head and cause dissociative disorders lol'

haha. at least you have a consistent mission. some people don't even have that. that's fine eso...philosophy is meant to be experienced and lived through...not traded in show in tell like a baseball card. i admire you for your conviction.

i also have come to understand, that anyone is allowed to change their mind, and so i have a very easy conscience about changing my opinions whenever i want to especially if i am confronted with a better understanding of things. its called honest humility. not hypocrisy. further more, as i have always been...i am an observer and an explorer. i LOVE to write essays whatever the subject. i never thought there was anything wrong with it. i tinker with ideas all the time. its what i do. THAT is my consistent trait...or fault. whatever it is...i have no desire to change THAT part of myself. furthermore, i try to be forgiving of anyone else besides me...who has more than enough air 'to cool their porridge'. That way i don't come off as a snot. yes? i like people who try to do the same thing but are unafraid of expressing themselves without passive aggressive undercuts bleeding through their lines.

just like you aphrodite, i try not to target people. i think we are one and the same yes?

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Apr 12 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #35

Zelator
Group Icon

" it comes with the territory of going beyond the human - and to take it to the extreme means dehumanizing and amorality, not narcissism"

i think it is interesting that you touch on this eso. its very hard to induce dehumanization (although i would argue that morality is only a bi-product of humanity and not a defining factor) and yes, in attempting to transcend/transform its very easy to "become more human" rather then less. Its a polarization affect, i've noticed...how everything has an equal and opposite reaction, and that we humans can't help but exist in a reactive state. But how to escape from the bear trap? cause and effect is a devil of a cage.
you have a good point, when you imply that labels of any sort are detrimental to transcending those ties. but then, most people are incapable of defining their selves...so they allow others to define them, because it is convenient.

still, this is my firm belief: while we are in the physical...we are weighed down by physical law and obedience to those laws are essential to survival until we can grow enough and become self aware enough to transcend said reactive state.

but also. im not sure inducing 'dehumanization' is necessary to transcend. what's wrong with embracing one's humanity? aren't there other ways to transcend other than rejecting one's natural state of being? i don't know about you, but i chose to be a human for a reason.

"the land of make-believe is a glamour that the dissolving ego creates as reality melts, and it is a trap"

yes i agree...though aphrodite makes a worthy argument when she states:

" I like to talk fantastical about the occult, and or put a “Hollywood movie” twist to the rituals and spells I attempt"

overall, i think that azareth gave us the key here:

"Its belief and constant thought that gives these fantasies power."

i remember already having a conversation with bb3 about this earlier in the thread...its a fascinating subject.

here's his reply: http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=6600

This post has been edited by valkyrie: Apr 12 2009, 10:48 AM

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 12 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #36

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

i just now figured out there was a page 2 lol

guess i got my mind on ishtara - sorry, i'll look at it tomorrow am

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 14 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #37

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

ah well garsh! don't i feel embarrassed. yes possibly...i overreacted then...but now i have no problem with it what so ever. so don't worry acid...to me, you are the same lovable caustic chemical you've always been. : keep up the good work! -valkyrie

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif) Now I feel all warm and squishy inside...

The vampire image serves as a scapegoat as it allows us to disown the negative aspects of our personalities. This in turn becomes Narcissistic rage and one seeks the utter destruction of others.
The vampire within ourselves projects its image onto others thereby justifying its own predatory intentions.

While the vampire image makes sense and is totally analogous to a narcissist I think would more accurately be described as the fantacy image. The person who has no real grasp on reality aside from whatever gets them the attention they desire. They will manipulate others to no end and have no moral character. And actually, imho, if you want to make a true analogy that anyone can relate to, politicans = narcissists.

Not to be a b**** but the over whelming skepticism and the whole “go seek medical help advice” can make this forum a really irritating place sometimes (there is a reason why 7 people update daily vs. other occult forums out there). Even more irritating than the over the top dramatic post (which I rarely see). Its really hard other than a select few, to have any interesting conversation.

??? Maybe I just don't browse the forum as much as I used to but this site is really tame when it comes to skepticism. Try going to yahoo answers and having a decent converstation about the paranormal in the vary forum dedicated to that subject! Your top answers will be "it doesn't exist" or "there is no such thing". And there are few pagans who will try to give you a decent answer and few more that will just make you wonder "who let you out of the funny farm!?"

From my point of view I think it is important to offer mundane solutions over magick and rely on magick as a catalyst, rather than a direct force of change. I think some people tend to think that magick is the solution, and indeed it may help. But why over complicate things if a more mundane solution is more likely to get you from point A to B?

Why complain about the dramatic post when one claimed to act this very same way during their own teenage angst years, that’s hypocritical IMO. Like the dad who gets angry at his son for having underage sex, when he (the dad) himself did the same. Then to turn around and say it’s natural teenage expression.

To be honest the dad who gets mad at his son for having teenage sex, even though he did so himself does not follow. The dad is much older, more mature and may have suffered the consequences of having sex before he was ready, and simply does not want his son to make the same mistakes. I think more dad's tend to get disappointed, rather than flat out irrate. And that disappointment is not necessarily just in that child that has sex, but also from the part of the father who feels he has somehow failed as a parent.

True hypocrossy would be like a politican who gets into office by claiming to support lower taxes and then get elect and end up supporting tax hikes.

Just saying.

Obviously if they are making fun or full of shit banning is needed.

That right there in one short sentence is the summation of the original intent of this thread.

still, this is my firm belief: while we are in the physical...we are weighed down by physical law and obedience to those laws are essential to survival until we can grow enough and become self aware enough to transcend said reactive state.

I think humanity can use a little "dehumanization", or from my interpretation a seperation between man who is civilized from man who is an animal. For example - say sexuality and human anatomy. Europeans are not nearly as hung up about the human body as Americans are. And its not just the showing of it, I think that is just part of it. Many people are taught to not talk about the "penis" or the "clitoris" and these perfectly normal, natural parts of the human body end up getting demonized as though they were somehow "dirty" or inappropriate to talk about. And yet at the same time - society through mass media sells sex through just about everything! Anybody see BK's new ad for sponge bob and kid's meals?

It does become a slippery slope arguement. At one point do we free ourselves from the "civilized" person to become more "animal" and in touch with our nature. Surely, as a society, we do not want men knocking each other on the heads for breeding rights with whatever woman. And surely we do not want pedophiles to be allowed to express their disfunctional nature freely. Albeit a lawless society might be interesting I don't think in the long run it would be very successful, nor do I think humans could go for long without somehow setting up "rules" and "punishments".

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Aphrodite
post Apr 14 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #38

Zelator
Group Icon

I wasn’t being literal. I’m just making an analogy of the hypocrisy, stating that you (no one in particular)

A. Abject to something you’ve done.
B. Abject to something you claim to be a natural occurrence of teenagers, making it inevitable.

“I think more dad's tend to get disappointed”

I’ve mentioned before it was suppose to be a lose analogy (I know, a weak one). Human emotion isn’t necessarily logical so I’m not going to guess what fathers do or don’t.

“That right there in one short sentence is the summation of the original intent of this thread.”

Ok so guess all for this idea petition this to the moderators?

Well I do admit to being one of those people that believe anything is possible via magic, so that’s why crazy post just seem more amusing and imaginative than annoying.

I think as American sexuality goes, people aren’t IMO demonizing it, just the idea of emotionless risky sexual behavior. I kind of understand that because I’m sure at least 90% of my friend and acquaintances have an STD and or some emotional issue because of the extreme sleeping around (and I have a lot of friends). I think American media pushes sex is a strange way versus Europeans. I don’t know how to explain it, Europeans make sex seem sensual and a beautiful nature thing, were as America it’s raunchy and a hobby. I don’t even know if I’m on topic. . .

we do not want men knocking each other on the heads for breeding rights with whatever woman. And surely we do not want pedophiles to be allowed to express their disfunctional nature freely.

I wouldn’t mind that. I think metro sexual is kool, but I miss/crave the aggressive and take charge/typical caveman behavior men had. And what’s consider a pedophile is different in each culture/country.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 15 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #39

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

interesting how folks express dehumanization

my dehumanization problem is dissociation, but not down into the animal, but up beyond humanness into, what, the alien?

and my body is sometimes unresponsive, but there is no medical problem (i've checked)

the higher i go up the chakra ladder, the more i don't have complete control of my physical existence - hands don't work right and stuff - its like not grounding for a really long time and the body becoming a zombie

edit: we finally got power! - after the ishtar hook-up, and some other work, we had a couple of really strange things - the first was that we had a very unique atmospheric condition called a gravity wave, or wake front, that was like the atmosphere was in two layers and the fast movement of the upper layer caused the lower layer to blow up in waves like on the ocean! the split between the two layers was at 1000 feet and our area here in the alabama mountains was at 990 feet, right in the wave-action area - we got scrubbed like with a scrub brush, with high winds going back and forth! - like being on a underwater reef just underneath the wave action - the wave period was long, like 3 minutes - we had trees down on the house, debris everywhere, but THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE HOUSE OR CARS OR ANYTHING and everybody else did have damage (some terrible), and that is the reason behind primal magic based on communication with entities! - plus i got the distinct message that there was no damage specifically because i asked for protections before the event (as i always do) - also there were some dreams that i will put in the dream thread

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 15 2009, 08:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Apr 15 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #40

Zelator
Group Icon

when i said embracing humanity i meant embracing it on a world level. as in we are all part of the same race same species, we are all animals and we all originated from the same worm! we are all social creatures, it is very natural to operate in relationships, systems, governments, you name it. I am NOT an anarchist for the very reason you stated, Acid. I am, however, a Darwinist and i firmly believe in the fact that 'the strong survive' and 'the weak perish'. i think that is a type of spiritual connection right there; in that we are all connected by the laws of natural selection, just as we are all part of a niche in our environment. Regressing into a primitive state of an animal or ascending into a state of remote 'alien' is good and all, but how does it help to advance humanity into a larger dimension of growth? Furthermore, if we are looking at an individual's process of actualization, how would dissociation from or rejection of regular human values (this includes morals, systems, and physical limitations and mental boundaries) advance the person, or to develop the persona, let alone the race as a whole? Not that i would ask anyone to 'take up the yoke' or shoulder Atlas, but does no one feel a spiritual tie, and dare i say obligation, to humanity? if not this, then why decide to reincarnate into one? Personally, i like being human. And of course, when the time comes to graduate i will, without hesitation, graduate...but for now, my place is here, lovingly, inside this very human body. There is no urgent sense of escapism, no immediate pressure to become enlightened over anyone else. Its a personal journey, but also it is a shared journey.

but you are right. civilization gets carried away. Its too intense, too confused. i just want to know if spirituality itself, is not a product or reaction to that fact. i don't get the sense that it is, but when i see the methods people take to obtain spiritual empowerment, i have my doubts.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 15 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #41

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I think we're getting a little off topic. But then again its fight club and I doubt other moderators really care.

I wanted to add:

Well I do admit to being one of those people that believe anything is possible via magic, so that’s why crazy post just seem more amusing and imaginative than annoying.

Just to reiterate; if I or rest of the staff were to come down on every person for believing in anything "magickal", we'd have to shut down the sight. Its an occult website! Of course people on here are going to believe in magick and anything related. But back to this:

Obviously if they are making fun or full of shit banning is needed.

BINGO!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 16 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #42

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

>>we are all animals and we all originated from the same worm!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/puke.gif)

and so our task is to evolve into something more?

yikes - i assume we are made in the image decided on by our creators, placed here in this petri dish of a incubator planet, and left to reproduce according to our genetic programming (truth) - soon there will be the harvesting of the ones that did it properly (kept the spliced genetic structures intact through reproduction), and then its into the autoclave for petri dish before the next batch

same techniques we reproduce bacteria with, just on a larger scale, but 'as above, so below' for scale

we have absolutely no future except to become more than gm bacteria

not just cows trying to talk to a farmer who raises the cows for his livelyhood, we must evolve (or speed up the evolve process) to escape the farm culture entirely

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 16 2009, 09:07 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Lord_Vahn
post Aug 19 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #43

Neophyte
Group Icon

Just figured I'd say...
I'm new to the fourms but already you can tell who stands out here as a true practioner and who is'nt...
respect must be earned and it shows who knows thier stuff who's done their homework and who hasnt...

As a newbie to the fourms its really not my place to comment on this post as i really don't know all the drama you, how do i say more "senior members" have had to endure and done youre best to with hold totally destroying and ripping apart those that come here with self deluted fantasies.

but I will say to those of you that put the extra time in carfully editing youre posts to most make sure you present youre idea's and comments in the best way you can, it dosnt go unoticed and is greatly appreciated at least by myself and I'm sure many others here that.
come here seeking counsel and a place to bounce like idea's off one another...

with that said
Thanks for youre time, effort and deligence and remember that amongst the annoying drama's here I hope you find that there are certain kindred spirits here that value true knowledege and wisdom here.
Thanks again

P.s. maybe vagrent's originall post should be p.m.ed to all new accounts as part of a "welcome letter" that may help to snuff the b.s. before it sullies the fourms just a thought, though I'm sure it's not youre intent to police the site. just vent fraustration...

Take care

--------------------
All who wander are not lost,
On our quest for knowledge we simply take different roads
but together through understanding study and deiligence
we can work toward our unique dreams and goals.
united by a our thirst for knowledege
it is my hope and dream,
that by our combined power
we can build a briliant future
for a greater spiritual world.
wishing you the best on your own spiritual journey
Lord Vahn Bieale De La Exodus.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 17 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #44

Practicus
Group Icon

Ahem.

*bump*
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

fatherjhon
post Nov 19 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #45

Taoist Mystic
Group Icon

Seconded.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

Reading is bad enough, I feel for the mods.

--------------------
Cosmic consciousness is devoid of diversity; yet the universe of diversity exists in notion....
We contemplate that reality in which everything exists, to which everything belongs,
from which everything has emerged, which is the cause of everything and which is everything....
The light of [this] self-knowledge alone illumines all experiences. It shines by its own light.
This inner light appears to be outside and to illumine external objects.

-Sage Vasishtha

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages< 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse