Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Vampirism Rumor
plainsight
post May 9 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I heard about a vampire rumor from the Twin cities area. Some 50 or so people were caught, but escape from authorities due to some unusual strength. They had fangs and were drinking blood.

On the flip-side I know some of these people also practiced shamanism, which some of the ritual is eating or drinking animal blood. So I'm not sure if they conjured something unworldly, or if some redneck is just making up some rumors based on a custom they don't understand.

I heard ethnic people are buying up charms, wards, etc. up there and apparently rope with dog feces is the only way to keep them bond. Not sure about that. Anyways, just some warning.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post May 14 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(plainsight @ May 9 2011, 10:47 AM) *

I heard about a vampire rumor from the Twin cities area. Some 50 or so people were caught, but escape from authorities due to some unusual strength. They had fangs and were drinking blood.

On the flip-side I know some of these people also practiced shamanism, which some of the ritual is eating or drinking animal blood. So I'm not sure if they conjured something unworldly, or if some redneck is just making up some rumors based on a custom they don't understand.

I heard ethnic people are buying up charms, wards, etc. up there and apparently rope with dog feces is the only way to keep them bond. Not sure about that. Anyways, just some warning.

Do you have a source because Zombies were walking around Portland yesterday.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 14 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

A news article would be awesome.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 15 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(plainsight @ May 9 2011, 01:47 PM) *

Sweetheart, whomever fed you that rumor is not your friend, even perhaps thinks your feet are not on the ground if you kow what I mean. Disregard it & go on with your life it's not worth even a single thought.

When I read/hear things like that, I inmedeately remember that there are more important things in life, such as keeping a job, paying a bill, & putting food on the table.

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 18 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Hmmmm, yes. Because anyone who likes rumors and likes to share rumors is obviously a manipulative little bastard who should be shunned.

......... SHUNNED!!!!1

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post May 19 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ May 18 2011, 08:18 PM) *

Hmmmm, yes. Because anyone who likes rumors and likes to share rumors is obviously a manipulative little bastard who should be shunned.

......... SHUNNED!!!!1

Awkward age.

--------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced form of magick will appear indistinguishable from science"

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 19 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Ah, yes. 19. The age when a little boy is just coming into manhood and still knows nothing of the world. Of course one of that age should be critiqued for ridiculing the entirely offhand comments of some less than well-known member.

Now without sarcasm:

Rumors happen. Just because someone tells you about a rumor doesn't mean they're trying to make you seem unbalanced. It doesn't mean they think you ARE unbalanced. And why would one just say to ignore a vampire rumor? Especially when it is posted on a site dedicated to things of that nature. This is an occult forum, and any comments with that level of "realism" which LadyMorwen showed SHOULD be subject to a bit of ridicule.

Now please. Rather than saying that 19 is an awkward age without giving any viable reason, explain to me how I am awkward. Perhaps I am too young and naive to understand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 19 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Initiate
Group Icon

VitalWinds, why did you got so worked up over my opinion?

& why in the world hans't Plainsight answer the post yet?

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 20 2011, 01:25 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Because it was the most ridiculous thing you could have posted on THIS forum. For the most part, I'm pretty sure people here believe in vampires and such. Just saying. That and quite honestly my life is shit and every once in a while things seep out into other areas. Like right now I'm ignoring texts from this girl I know..... utter bull......

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 20 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #10

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(VitalWinds @ May 20 2011, 03:25 AM) *

Because it was the most ridiculous thing you could have posted on THIS forum.

Well sweety you're free to listen to & to believe anything you fancy, However as a Vampire Myself I must say that this type of "rumors" are Uterly BULL as you so elegantly put it.

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post May 20 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(LadyMorwen @ May 20 2011, 11:55 AM) *

Well sweety you're free to listen to & to believe anything you fancy, However as a Vampire Myself I must say that this type of "rumors" are Uterly BULL as you so elegantly put it.

Vampires are not real other than emotional leeches and that isn't exactly magical.

Welcome to Sacredmagick!

This post has been edited by ☞Tomber☜: May 20 2011, 11:36 AM

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 20 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #12

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(☞Tomber☜ @ May 20 2011, 01:35 PM) *

Vampires are not real other than emotional leeches and that isn't exactly magical.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poster_spam.gif)

+Quote Post

VitalWinds
post May 20 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #13

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't know about vampires, but I've seen a werewolf on multiple occasions. So I wouldn't doubt the existence of vampires.

--------------------
Peace.

+Quote Post

Petrus
post May 20 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

Moderator mode enabled. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Topic has been moved to Fight Club, per the request of LadyMorwen.

However, I find both her and VitalWinds out of order. I am issuing a warning to both of you. Civility is to be maintained within this forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bruce_h4h.gif)

This post has been edited by Petrus: May 21 2011, 12:37 AM

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Musky Tusk
post May 21 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #15

Neophyte
Group Icon

What's the definition of a vampire and werewolf?

Werewolf- someone who involuntarily changes into an anthropomorphic wolf under a full moon, losing conscious control over themselves. They possess super human strength (??)

Vampire- a nocturnal humanoid being or mutated human whose sole source of nourishment is blood. Strong ultra violet rays severely damage their cells and can easily cause death. They also possess super human strength and must be killed via jamming a foreign object into their achilles heal- the heart (??)

Anyone know how the vampire and werewolf myths originated? I think it's very interesting.

--------------------
Compassionless love!
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.”
“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”
- Aleister Crowley

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 21 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #16

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Petrus @ May 21 2011, 01:45 AM) *

Moderator mode enabled. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Topic has been moved to Fight Club, per the request of LadyMorwen.

However, I find both her and VitalWinds out of order. I am issuing a warning to both of you. Civility is to be maintained within this forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bruce_h4h.gif)

Read, ackonwledged & Singed.

P.S. I'm done with my opinions here.

*Bows*

+Quote Post

Dancing Coyote
post May 21 2011, 11:47 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

I'm a monkey with opinions, a self image, a reality tunnel, associative symbology , and some sense of internal and external worth; some like to categorize my overall sense into a general classification such as: normal, eclectic, classic, maybe even eccentric. Sometimes I'm a god, sometimes smaller than an ant, sometimes both, and sometimes nothing at all. The ego certainly does like to talk, the ego likes to think itself immortal, the ego wishes as much at least. Death is inevitable, it will not be cheated and I don't care how many people tell you "I know what happens," Death is not symbolized in our culture because it's supposed to be individualistic. We live and breathe symbols, it's how we identify ourselves and show other monkeys who we are and things we like to do, or think. People like Buddha, Einstein, etc. have made a symbol out of their ideas, something divinely unique. Some monkeys like to follow symbols to the ends of their life, few monkeys make a symbol out of themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Imperial Arts
post May 22 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #18

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Musky Tusk @ May 20 2011, 11:15 PM) *

Werewolf- someone who involuntarily changes into an anthropomorphic wolf under a full moon, losing conscious control over themselves. They possess super human strength (??)

Have you ever watched a chimpanzee attack a monkey? They are brutal! They rip, bite, and tear little monkeys to pieces, especially in groups, and then go back to munching twigs and scratching their bottoms. I suspect all primates - including humans - have similar capacity for violent outbursts.

It is well-known that the Nazis were all about using stimulants and other strange practices to create "werewolves" vaguely based on medieval notions of Berserkers. Apparently they believed that drugged and furious people could become frighteningly vicious, and they were probably right. I know of several Native American traditional practitioners who swear that a simple plant-derived drug is the root of "werewolf" behavior.

Temporary bouts of mental illness are not well understood by science, and we continue to learn more about violent ones. I am pretty sure that (apart from animal incidents and pure fiction) we can account for most of what passes for werewolves as an effect of mental derangement of otherwise ordinary people.

QUOTE(Musky Tusk @ May 20 2011, 11:15 PM) *

Vampire- a nocturnal humanoid being or mutated human whose sole source of nourishment is blood. Strong ultra violet rays severely damage their cells and can easily cause death. They also possess super human strength and must be killed via jamming a foreign object into their achilles heal- the heart (??)

The supernatural character of the vampire is what makes it intriguing. It is a sort of evil dead, a devil-man, a ghost with special features. The vampire is all about death being unable to stop evil. Somewhere along the line, probably in the movies, the emblems of the vampire became more recognized than the idea of the thing.

Strange cults do all sorts of things that hardly ever make the news. When it does, it is forgotten a year later. So they drink blood? It's not that abnormal as far as strange cult behavior goes. I remember when a bunch of Arab celebrities were all busted for massive Satanic orgies, and the whole thing was forgotten almost immediately and not even the most hard-core devil worshipers care about it now.

Call me when Andrew Chumbley rises from the grave to deflower your grandchildren: teenage vampire wannabe's are nothing new. The dog turd christmas lights? That's hilarious. Set up some in the yard and post a pic, maybe it will keep vampires off the forum.

This post has been edited by Imperial Arts: May 22 2011, 12:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sosorius
post May 22 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #19

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(Musky Tusk @ May 21 2011, 02:15 AM) *

What's the definition of a vampire and werewolf?

Anyone know how the vampire and werewolf myths originated? I think it's very interesting.

If memory serves, the traditional legend goes back to Hellenistic mythology. Herodotus, Ovid, Virgil and even Pliny the Elder wrote about people becoming wolves, either permanently or for a set period of time (and then changing back). The term lycan comes from the legend of Lycaon, one such werewolf.

More to an occult point, I've heard others' conjecture that vampiric magicians would project from their bodies and assume the shape of wolves (or any other frightening creature) to terrorize their prey, and thus feed on them. But then, there's really no way to prove or disprove this, and it's likely that such magicians were drawing on the foregoing literature if they ever used such a method.

--------------------
"Mḕ moű toůs kúklous táratte." - Archimedes

+Quote Post

Waterfall
post May 22 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #20

Neophyte
Group Icon

Sosorius, you're correct about the history of the Western version of the myth.
Sosorius said:
More to an occult point, I've heard others' conjecture that vampiric magicians would project from their bodies and assume the shape of wolves (or any other frightening creature) to terrorize their prey, and thus feed on them. But then, there's really no way to prove or disprove this, and it's likely that such magicians were drawing on the foregoing literature if they ever used such a method.

You're also correct about the use of fear as a feeding mechanism. Chi is increased by emotion and becomes more open to outside influences.

In my experience it's almost common for some persons with a bit of occult training to take chi (energy) from others. It's also extraordinarily stupid, as literally oceans of life energy are available from the environment compared to the small amounts most people have available. As in most thefts, the victim is harmed more than the thief is benefited; personal energy is not usually efficiently used by another. Usually the amount taken is small (not because the "vampire" wishes it that way but because of their incompetence) though sometimes it is serious enough to cause problems. Basically, it is a type of parasitism and except in the cases where the "vampire" has permission (such as removal of negative or static chi) the "vampire" should be treated as such.

Effective defense is not shielding, "white light" or emotional rejection (though that can work). Nor is counter attack productive; that sends you into paranoia at every disturbance in chi. Effective defense consists of making the link established by the parasite unsustainable; the simplest way to do this is by establishing a wave of moving chi in the area affected. Technique: if you are sensitive enough to feel the link move your attention back and forth through and beyond the area of the link, feeling as if you were moving your fingers over your skin. You should begin to feel a sensation of "something" moving through your body following your attention (this is chi). Continue this for a few minutes until a wave of chi is felt moving back and forth through the area; in my (repeated) experience though you are doing nothing physically obvious the "vampire" will literally run away from you.

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Aug 4 2011, 02:25 AM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

I would agree such a rumor is too fantastic to believe.

I find it interesting that many people believe in things such as mysticism, god(s), etc. things which are not physical, but dismiss the notion of cryptids, ufo, vampires, zombies, etc. I have an open mind to both the physical and non-physical aspects of nature.

+Quote Post

Draw
post Aug 21 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #22

Zelator
Group Icon

I think that their are almost certainly vampires (or things very close to the legends) now, not necessarily before the films however.
The fact is that if you get a whole generation obsessed with the dam things, so much so they start forming groups an cults, they will inevitably start actually succeeding.
Their will be lots of disappointments, lots of cut wrists lots of people spending the rest of their days in mental institutes; but their will also be people who actually find the means to do it.
Where their is a will...
Once a few manage it, their are thousands of people who are more than willing to become part of it, it's sexy and it's got the allure of longevity an power.
I personally know quite a few people who would jump at the chance, they are lot fools, they just watch TV.

The whole energy vampirisim has been explored by quite a few people here i'm sure, i had a phase.. an saw that it's got a lot of potential for addictivness with people who have certain things missing in their lives.
It's undeniably powerful an when set with an intent to become more like the legends it could easily become a seriously real thing.

The rumor sounds pretty plausible to me, the characature of the vampire is a secretive thing so should this kind of thing start to happen, we won't hear about it until it becomes a serious problem.
On top of all that, studying the legends with an understanding of magic makes me feel like their is a certain logic to it to start with; i hate to say it but i think the possibility of 'old' vampires to also be quite high.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse