Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Unconventional Defense, A theory in work
Little Blue Man
post Feb 18 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

I had this thought the other day, I was hoping someone could tell me how feasible it is.

Say you're having trouble with a psychic leech. And say you notice how it drains you. Could you not scare off the attacker by letting him suck off all your negativity?

Imagine you were a leech, you find a good target with plenty of energy, and you begin to feed. You feel good at first, then before you know it, you feel like crud. You realize you're sucking in the wrong kind of energy, so you try to stop the connection. But you find your target is forcing it open and dumping all her negativity on you. Your victim leaves the encounter feeling happy and vibrant, and you feel like someone took a heaping steamy dump on your leeching spirit.

Likewise, it could work by sending extremely positive, loving emotions. I'd imagine a black mage would have a tough time being evil if he just sucked in a massive dose of love or enlightenment.

I could be way off tho, I don't know much about magic.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Nachash
post Mar 1 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi Little Blue Man,

I think it's a really good idea, though I would make sure not to give my own, personal energy in the process; I would try to transfer earth-like energies through me into this positive feeding process. This way, it's much more difficult to deplete yourself. Hopefully you wont change a leech into a servitor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

--------------------
They can because they think they can. Virgil

+Quote Post

The Tower
post Sep 20 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Little Blue Man @ Feb 18 2007, 12:52 PM) *
I had this thought the other day, I was hoping someone could tell me how feasible it is.

Say you're having trouble with a psychic leech. And say you notice how it drains you. Could you not scare off the attacker by letting him suck off all your negativity?

Imagine you were a leech, you find a good target with plenty of energy, and you begin to feed. You feel good at first, then before you know it, you feel like crud. You realize you're sucking in the wrong kind of energy, so you try to stop the connection. But you find your target is forcing it open and dumping all her negativity on you. Your victim leaves the encounter feeling happy and vibrant, and you feel like someone took a heaping steamy dump on your leeching spirit.

Likewise, it could work by sending extremely positive, loving emotions. I'd imagine a black mage would have a tough time being evil if he just sucked in a massive dose of love or enlightenment.

I could be way off tho, I don't know much about magic.

Well that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

First off, if the leach is practiced it leaches off what it wants to leach off of.
Second it works soundly in theory but trying it is a risky business, it's like testing chain mail with sharks on an energetic level.

Maybe avoiding the person would work?

I've found if you have to deal with them for long periods of time (I.E. Collage professor) it's best to swat them in the hand, energetically speaking; if that makes any sense what so ever.

+Quote Post

paxx
post Oct 23 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #4

Resident Fool
Group Icon

Um, I am going with bad idea on this one.

Ok, knowing a few leeches rather well, being one from time to time (totally aware of it and always from the verbally willing except for plants, and the girlfriend who wants me awake and me wanting to sleep, but I think many more people do that energy exchange then are aware of it)

I am going to assume you have done whatever it is you normally do to block energy seepage.

I am going to assume you have no personal relationship where this person being sick is a dilemma for you?

I am also going to assume you have it fairly well together, and are not leaking into your worries and dreams.

All that being said, if you are being leached by someone who knows what they are doing, your actions will have no effect, energy is taken out, then transformed, then taken in.

If they do not know what they are doing, typical of an unwanted attack, it will work great.

Medium point, they know, but not how to do it off of aware people (their little secret, type thing). Then concentrate on an image that brings a bad reaction to you, or phrase, advertisement, bill…whatever that you can hold in front of you when the time comes and it’s effect will not lessen that much (if you pay the bill it is not going to work). Any bad energy emotion or vibe that you get for the week tie it all to that image. Then after that week, when you notice the leeching, calmly stop what you are doing walk to where you hid the image. Look at it and at full blast as fast as you can and as strong as you can blast every negative feeling you had all week into the leeches link, along with the negative feeling of the parasite feeding off of you, and the worthless life he must have (imagine it to it’s fullest).

Every negative feeling and description you can have for this piece of human excrement/bottom feeder/scavenger….at best he/she will sever the tie, at worst they will overdraw take it all in mostly raw (directed at them) and come out with one hell of a hang over and catch the first illness that passes into their lungs.

If concerned with the morals of this, I would invest more time in shielding practice both passive and active.

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

telempath
post Nov 18 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(paxx @ Oct 23 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Medium point, they know, but not how to do it off of aware people (their little secret, type thing). Then concentrate on an image that brings a bad reaction to you, or phrase, advertisement, bill…whatever that you can hold in front of you when the time comes and it’s effect will not lessen that much (if you pay the bill it is not going to work). Any bad energy emotion or vibe that you get for the week tie it all to that image. Then after that week, when you notice the leeching, calmly stop what you are doing walk to where you hid the image. Look at it and at full blast as fast as you can and as strong as you can blast every negative feeling you had all week into the leeches link, along with the negative feeling of the parasite feeding off of you, and the worthless life he must have (imagine it to it’s fullest).

Every negative feeling and description you can have for this piece of human excrement/bottom feeder/scavenger….at best he/she will sever the tie, at worst they will overdraw take it all in mostly raw (directed at them) and come out with one hell of a hang over and catch the first illness that passes into their lungs.

If concerned with the morals of this, I would invest more time in shielding practice both passive and active.

That can be countered by creating a circuit. Say the leech is connected to other people. What they could do is develope a network of filters and sublinks. If there is an overload, the bulk of the burden goes to person x, person y, and person z. In addition that, they could create an instant grounding affect. For example, they are pulling off of energy A. An over abundance of energy B comes through. The link or medium to attain the energy is programmed to instantly dump or ground any energy that is not A out, therefore, energy B has very little affect. In both cases the energy is passed off before it can do any harm. In addition to that, you do not know what type of energy of which emotion or image may do the trick. The terrifying emotion/image thing is playing off of the typical western mind. What if the person is a type of sociopath? What if the person likes things of that nature? What if the person does not understand the emotions or images being passed on to him? Since he/she does not understand them, it won't really have much of an impact. It would register as a spike or a weird type of energy.

Personally, overload attacks have very little impact on me. My body grounds it out naturally or passes it on. I have had some people attack me with those type of attacks before out of the blue for no reason.

This post has been edited by telempath: Nov 18 2007, 06:06 AM

+Quote Post

paxx
post Nov 19 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #6

Resident Fool
Group Icon

@telempath
I am not at all clear in what is it in my post that you object to?
I am assuming it is because my response is poorly written, or that I am too dense to understand the verse that you have put forth.

I will summarize my understanding of your post, please inform me of where I am wrong.

You wrote on how to counter a very mild attack/banishing using a blast of energy from a normal mundane crappy week. I will specify “week” as is a concept of seven or ten consecutive days.

Following that you gave a concept using other people to shield you from an energy serge attack.

Then you claim that this would not work against anything other then a normal western mind (attributing terrifying energy to my post).
Then you go into explaining how someone unfamiliar with certain emotions would interpret the attack.

Lastly, you claim how and why this would not work on you.

As such I assume that I did not explain myself clearly enough.
1. You assume you are under attack from a leech that goes after non-subtle energy aware people.
Medium point, they know, but not how to do it off of aware people (their little secret, type thing).

2. You spend the time waiting for the next attack looking for things you have a negative reaction to, namely something you can physically hold in your hand. Most things a normal western mind would bring up (my target audience) are the little things.
Comments at work, your sports team loosing, the cell phone bill, the car insurance bill, that advertisement people left on my door for cleaning blinds (my blinds are clean!! Who do they think they are!!) that the girlfriend wants to go to a B&B and that is going to cost you like 2 grand.
Terrifying things are not something they will want to think about, but I was not clear on that, I just did not mention it.
However you keep on looking and examining negative feelings. And saving them for this moment.
3. When you sense the leaching, you let it happen. Don’t think about it, just try to look for that one physical item you have identified as the key of all the crappy thoughts of the week or whatever time it took for you to wait.
4. You find the Key item and you unleash all the bad feelings you have been keeping and storing into the connection the leech has with you. You also focus your thoughts of them to this, as they are also something of negative thoughts for you.

Now, if you for some reason identified with a leech who goes after people who are not aware of subtle energy, then I see merit in your post.

However, if it was meant for someone who channels the energy outside of themselves and converts it, the concept above was not meant for them.

I can go into defense and attack types I might use for different attacks, but in reality someone has to hit me pretty hard for me even to bother.

The best attacks work because the target gets worked up about it, no heavy lifting by the attacker, the target does it to themselves.
Now, how is it that a sociopath would be leeching off of anyone through subtle energy? Yes in movies you have these types of people attacking people in their dreams and such, however leeching/vampirism/energy exchange requires empathy. Empathy is something a sociopath by definition does not have at all.

Other types of minds, not identifying with the slew of ineptness, procrastination, having to do things we don’t want to do, minor insults….I am pretty sure about 99.999% of the human population will identify with those emotions, and not get off on them. Those that don’t identify with them, I doubt would be leeching off of Little Blue Man.

Lastly, Little Blue Man would identify with a way to get rid of unwanted worries (self inflicted energy drains) in one fashion, later I am sure he would learn to modify the practice to something more.

As for overload attacks, they work on most leeches, and are used by most other leeches to tell them to back the hell off. Energy work is fun in a community of people who focus on it…and totally disorienting when you first encounter it, well at least it was for me when I did 4 years ago. I had good knowledge and practice, but this was new to me, took me two sessions to adapt to it.

Now, I wonder what you would recommend to someone who claims to have little knowledge in this realm, to ward off a leeching/vampiric attack?
Or is there something else you are looking for in answering this post?

This post has been edited by paxx: Nov 19 2007, 01:32 AM

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

telempath
post Nov 19 2007, 02:13 AM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(paxx @ Nov 19 2007, 02:29 AM) *
The best attacks work because the target gets worked up about it, no heavy lifting by the attacker, the target does it to themselves.
Now, how is it that a sociopath would be leeching off of anyone through subtle energy? Yes in movies you have these types of people attacking people in their dreams and such, however leeching/vampirism/energy exchange requires empathy. Empathy is something a sociopath by definition does not have at all.

Other types of minds, not identifying with the slew of ineptness, procrastination, having to do things we don’t want to do, minor insults….I am pretty sure about 99.999% of the human population will identify with those emotions, and not get off on them. Those that don’t identify with them, I doubt would be leeching off of Little Blue Man.

Lastly, Little Blue Man would identify with a way to get rid of unwanted worries (self inflicted energy drains) in one fashion, later I am sure he would learn to modify the practice to something more.

As for overload attacks, they work on most leeches, and are used by most other leeches to tell them to back the hell off. Energy work is fun in a community of people who focus on it…and totally disorienting when you first encounter it, well at least it was for me when I did 4 years ago. I had good knowledge and practice, but this was new to me, took me two sessions to adapt to it.

I am not going to go into it, but I know alot of vampires who feed off of energy and have no empathic capability what so ever. They can detect energy that is not of an emotional energy. You can have sociopathic empaths. I am not going to go into the details of it, but I have sociopathic tendencies myself and I am an empath. That would just mean that they receive the sensation but don't interpret it the same. To be truthfully honest, most emotions confuse the crap out of me and they make me irritable. I am not going to go into my background, though, and I would appreciate if no questions were asked about it.

You can encounter people who are just plain insane that revel in those type of things, too. They like negativity and do not understand the opposite. Send that negative energy that way and they will want more and they will just find the other type of energy confusing. Let us say that I have a high energy tolerance of 1000. A person does that overload thing and it amounts to 600. It won't phase the person.

In most cases, it would work, but there is always those cases that it won't. It depends on the case and the people involved.

Personally, I eat the person. I reverse the pull or the link and take their's instead. They break off unless they want to be totally drained. The tech that you listed is one of the most common defenses used and most vampires or leeches know how to get around it. It is good for a basic situation.

[quote]
Now, if you are able to see the connection between the two you can probably begin to formulate the total ineffectiveness that shielding of any form creates in a situation against a Leech or a rogue Vampire. They will just latch onto your shielding and absorb the energy slowly, without you knowing, from there. Actually, it is more effective to drain energy off ones shielding than to take it directly from the body as it is already in a focused format. Another disadvantage for the shielder is that you will not realize that you are being fed off of until long after the actual feeding is done and you withdrawal your shield back into the self. At which time you will probably feel incredibly drained for no apparent reason what so ever. Your confidence and faith that your shielding is going to make it easier for the Leech to drain off the energy from you.

As such, most forms of shielding are totally and completely ineffective in any way, shape, or form. Though there are a handful of techniques that one can use against the unwitting Leech or rogue Vampire. Among those techniques would be the various methods of grounding. Which, basically, involves directing any excess energy that you have after a magical working back into the ground that it came from. Hence the name - grounding. In the case of a person trying to drain your energy you first have to realize that a person or thing is draining your energy. Then you focus upon the place which you believe that the energy is being drained from your body and direct the focus of the drain down to the earth which will give the person or thing attempting to suck your energy a rather large jolt of energy equitable to drinking down five cups of coffee in a matter of seconds. This being due to the fact that the energies of the planet are rather potent as any practicing Wiccan or Pagan can tell you. Thus giving the person attempting to feed off of you a rather large jolt of energy that usually causes an overload of energy that results in the person or thing breaking off the attempt to feed. Especially if the party attempting the draining is used to the psychic forms of energy as opposed to any other.

Now the above would be one of the few forms to effectively protect yourself from a Leech, a person who is unconsciously draining energy off of others for those that skipped ahead to the shielding portion of this text. So, some of you are probably wondering about the types of defenses against a highly trained Vampire. I am sorry to say that there is none. If they want to feed off of you, they will feed off of you. The grounding technique that I presented above will only delay them to a certain extent. And if you have any form of shielding up, they can rip through it like a hot knife through butter if they so please.

+Quote Post

paxx
post Nov 19 2007, 04:59 AM
Post #8

Resident Fool
Group Icon

This has just gotten fun.

I have only met four true sociopaths in my life. The first, truly did not care at all about anyone including himself, other then in the pleasure actions can cause him.

The others had much stronger self preservation tendencies. I enjoyed my time with each of them, because fun takes on a whole new meaning…and at the time I was in full rebellion against society mode.

Every person that has shown vampiric tendencies around me, have had big empathic ties. They might not identify it as such, they might not know about it, they might claim the opposite. However if you dig…my strongest physic gift if it can be called that. You will find they have such empathy for others that it has hurt them. This has usually caused some self loathing that they are going down other avenues to cover up that vulnerability.

Until they learn to filter their emotions and the emotions around them, they equate it with displeasure. In the sense that they find negativity as positive is because they enjoy that others are miserable.

This allows them to find comfort in that others are not happy. There are typically two archetypes that get displayed at that point. The white knight wanting to come in and save the day. The saboteur who wants to enjoy in the misery of everyone while pretending to help. Both feed off of negativity in different ways, the white knight usually shy’s away from acknowledgement of a job well done with something that seems like humility, but it’s not that. And the saboteur does the caring person act, while promoting negative emotions. Being cynical, or talking about how terrible people are, so on and so forth. When I am cynical, I am doing it for fun and amusement…people who know me a tad know this.

Both of these are flip sides, in some respects of the same tendencies and both of these archetypes usually stem from seeing others or themselves get hurt deeply.

Now dependant on what cosmology of archetypes you are using this can be totally off, but stay with me a bit.

What I am saying is, if you dig on a vampire/leech, you will find a wounded child, who is only too aware of emotions and the emotions of others and how those can have negative effects on them. So much so that they have spent most of their time covering these memories and emotions up. For some it is the sole focus of their life.

I’m pleased you quoted the Vampire Codex to me. I wish I would have read it 18 years ago as opposed to just this year it is a good book for energy work.

I think your main issue with emotions is that 90% of emotions have a small percentage of fear. You may also have the issue that they overwhelm your ability to interpret them as you have not had enough healthy exposure to emotions, leading to your irritability.

Overall nothing that you mentioned changes the advice. When somebody purges negative energy from themselves, it is not the same as when they are holding on to it. There is a finality and a force of will there that is not there when they are being leeched on. It is the vamps choice if they have the skill, of what to do with it. However in most cases they don’t or it catches them by surprise.

Do not confuse empathy with wanting to make people feel better, it may seem like the right conclusion but it is not. More often they want others to feel their emotions, or to move others to their level.
When they are troubled it is fun to watch empaths in a celebratory environment. They don’t know what to do, who to talk to, and eventually try to bring a circle of others to their level or leave.

While talking archetypes the wounded healer is also a classic stage for leeches. They want to make others feel better, and they often do but at their own expense. But later when they learn to be more selective of energy, they often thrive in this environment.

Master vamps are able talk with anyone and about almost any subject and be well remembered. This serves them later when they need something, they know not to feed of one person but a tad off of everything (I mean everything) and are very selective of what they feed on. In reality these leaches to bring others up…better choices there.
Even if it means looking the fast food worker in the eye, smiling and making sure a connection is made, or talking to the janitor about his kids in the same connected fashion. They make people feel welcome and that their company is enjoyed. This is real, not forced, this becomes more of an energy exchange, then classic feeding.

Antisocial tendencies are not the same as sociopaths. There is a difference even if they manifest the same patterns; it is an issue of root cause. However if talking physiological terms they mean the same thing…I don’t believe that it is. Many antisocial people can learn to move on and often want to deep down, sociopaths truly like where they are and would never see a reason to change unless survival became an issue.

Reversing a link, ripping them up energy wise, binding their ability to feed in wonderfully interesting ways, (food equals energy is classic). Not being where they think you are, confusion bombs, constant energy changes, ridicule….there are millions of attacks/defences one can do. Many depend on knowing the target. Many require knowing one system or another. What I would recommend to someone just now exploring this environment is limited.

Truthfully for me, confusion bomb tied with me never being what I seem to be is more then enough, or turning off. When it is surpassed then me and the individual are going to become much more intimate.

I don’t know what it is like to be fed on, I am not going to claim any level of mastery, it has only gone that far when I was after something…and ended when I got it or failed to…now that I think about it I never failed to get what I wanted from the leech.
Shielding is too open of a term and I probably should figure out a better term…the best passive defense is to turn off. However how to explain to a person that they need to reach a state where the only outlet of energy is through channels they decide upon is difficult not knowing the person you are talking to or figuring out a relatable system, that can take a couple of hours in person…not in person it can take much longer.

Ok now that I have totally muddied the waters, I hope you understand a bit more of where I am coming from, also how audience considerations are important. Telling someone to do X when X does not fit their world view or understanding at that point in time is useless.

Like telling people to build bomb shelters in case of atomic bombs…it would help if they are far enough away, and it is not an all out exchange…but a total solution is outside their ability.

--------------------
--Paxx

+Quote Post

telempath
post Nov 19 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(paxx @ Nov 19 2007, 05:59 AM) *
This has just gotten fun.

I have only met four true sociopaths in my life. The first, truly did not care at all about anyone including himself, other then in the pleasure actions can cause him.

The others had much stronger self preservation tendencies. I enjoyed my time with each of them, because fun takes on a whole new meaning…and at the time I was in full rebellion against society mode.

Every person that has shown vampiric tendencies around me, have had big empathic ties. They might not identify it as such, they might not know about it, they might claim the opposite. However if you dig…my strongest physic gift if it can be called that. You will find they have such empathy for others that it has hurt them. This has usually caused some self loathing that they are going down other avenues to cover up that vulnerability.

Not connected. Head blind people piss me off and most "so called" psions are too stupid to be around, and most "magickal" users are annoying in person, so I limit my contact to vampires and other psions in real life when I can. Most vampiric people, including myself, leech off of others because they need to. Let us just say that my psionic gifts and other things screw me over so bad, that I can actually croak. They don't have any emotional issues what so ever. Most do not even know that they are doing it. Sociopathic behavior is normally tied to other neurological disorders. Mine is not tied to my psychology. It is tied to my neurology. I do not want to go into it. I actually believe that I developed a psionic form of empathy because I do not possess the average form. I don't really understand emotions as other people do. For a time it was hard for me to feel for myself. If there was a situation where I should be angry, I tapped into the anger of another person and channeled it. I actually had to learn to feel. I felt through my gift. I am not going to go into my history.

People find that disturbing about me in person. I can do an action that harms another with no concept that what I did was wrong or feel any type of guilt. I actually understand the world through my "gifts" so to speak.

People take energy for different reasons. Some good some bad. Some crazy some not. Some with self-esteem issues. Some who knows. The important thing is to be prepared. I am looking at the situation from the stand point of what I would do, but I guess most people wouldn't attract the attention of someone like me, I guess. Personally, I prefer the the string puppet approach. I establish multiple links. Each link has about three or four sub links. Like a string connected to a string connected to a string. Each string is controlled by a part of my consciousness and I can control them all at the same time. If one gets severed, flooded, or whatever, I have the other ones. I can reestablish a connection from the one that has been severed, while staying in contact. You would have to flood them all at the same time, but due to the way that it is divided, the energy is distrubted unevenly so it softens or cushions the blow so its not such a shock. You would have to send huge amounts of energy to each system in turn, which would drain the crap out of you. I also pointed out the dumping and grounding out mechanisms.

I say stay out of reach and out of sight.

I say that the best way is to avoid be detected or break the link. If I don't dump the energy altogether, I use the power boost to strengthen the connection and the draw, so the person just gave me extra energy to power my assault, in that type of situation. I don't think the whole sending energy thing is a good idea.

But there is a twist to your original suggestion. Say the person was an empath. What if they tapped into the negativity of someone else and added it to their own and blasted the leech that way. It would pack a better punch than just what you suggested.

A variation of that could be drawing in energy and then releasing it and having it expand outward breaking the link. I use a method like that when I do not feel like being bothered. I suck in energy and withdraw it into myself along with some of my own and then let it expand outward in a type of all around blast. The goal is not for it to be absorbant, but for it to concussive so it cuts through the links not hits the person. Sticking to the basics, you can use a type of body positioning. Breathing in is normally, in most paradigms, connected to taking in energy. Breathe in the extra energy. Store it. While inside, tweak it with whatever imagery you want or whatever and change its properties a little bit so that its more of a blow. You can in your mind see and feel it hardening into a smooth and hard substance. Breathe out and release it. I will say it again. I think feeding the person any type of energy is a big no no.

This post has been edited by telempath: Nov 19 2007, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post

Shimi
post Apr 1 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

From your words, I am assuming you do not have extensive knowledge of various techniques or how to handle such situations. Also by "leech" which is a person, with a body, you mean "energetic vampyre"(a person that lacks energy and takes it from others to replenish himself).

Assuming i am correct with my assumptions. I can give some advice. Hoping it will hit the spot. ^^

You can either avoid the person(as been mentioned before) or use one of the basic forms of shielding(assuming, also, that you know how to use your energy in such a way) such as simply blocking, which will not allow energy to be taken out of you or to be thrust at you. Another would be making a shield that will "purify" anything coming through while not alowing energy to be taken out. (by "purifying" I mean that the shield will not deflect energy but only erase any intention from it so it does nothing coming through it)

A good defense is great in most situations, especialy against those who lack energy. Since they cannot hold on for a long "fight" or "struggle" and tend to move on to a diffrent target. To cut things short, they get tired easily and if they lose more energy then they get while trying to take it out of someone, they prefer to give it up.

If you still prefer to use a more offensive tactic, you can use some of the basic forms of attack. One would be, as you allready wrote, thrusting negetive energy on someone giving them a bad feeling(and after taste in the situation of consumption) while at the same time causing blockages from overflowing negetivity getting crammed in energetic systems. Another attack would be creating a condenced energetic form, something sharp that you can atch into someones energetic system. Creating holes and blockages within them.

I think these simple techniques can do wonders for you in this situation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As for if they can "choose" which energy to take. If it is indeed a person of a certain nature, which I mentioned earlier on in my post, and not someone using magick then it could be very possible that they simply take and dont know very well how to pick and choose where or what they are taking from(other then this person or that in the best case scenerio) and thus you can handle this situation easily.

Personaly thinking of a magick user draining others, and not an energetic vampyre, sounds kinda silly to me. Since as magick users our energy is usualy the best for us and we can find endless ways to harm others energeticaly(draining people energeticaly as a beginners resourse). Though without a cause it would seem silly to me, honestly.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts and personal opinions.

Hope things work out. :3

+Quote Post

Kath
post Nov 3 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

just for the sake of proper citation, these 2 paragraphs posted by telempath :

Now, if you are able to see the connection between the two you can probably begin to formulate the total ineffectiveness that shielding of any form creates in a situation against a Leech or a rogue Vampire. They will just latch onto your shielding and absorb the energy slowly, without you knowing, from there. Actually, it is more effective to drain energy off ones shielding than to take it directly from the body as it is already in a focused format. Another disadvantage for the shielder is that you will not realize that you are being fed off of until long after the actual feeding is done and you withdrawal your shield back into the self. At which time you will probably feel incredibly drained for no apparent reason what so ever. Your confidence and faith that your shielding is going to make it easier for the Leech to drain off the energy from you.

As such, most forms of shielding are totally and completely ineffective in any way, shape, or form. Though there are a handful of techniques that one can use against the unwitting Leech or rogue Vampire. Among those techniques would be the various methods of grounding. Which, basically, involves directing any excess energy that you have after a magical working back into the ground that it came from. Hence the name - grounding. In the case of a person trying to drain your energy you first have to realize that a person or thing is draining your energy. Then you focus upon the place which you believe that the energy is being drained from your body and direct the focus of the drain down to the earth which will give the person or thing attempting to suck your energy a rather large jolt of energy equitable to drinking down five cups of coffee in a matter of seconds. This being due to the fact that the energies of the planet are rather potent as any practicing Wiccan or Pagan can tell you. Thus giving the person attempting to feed off of you a rather large jolt of energy that usually causes an overload of energy that results in the person or thing breaking off the attempt to feed. Especially if the party attempting the draining is used to the psychic forms of energy as opposed to any other.

comes from an article written by Ulfric :
http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/realvam...amp-magick.html

pity this discussion is so old, interesting thread.

--------------------
‘Εκατερινη
IPB Image
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Audaces fortuna iuvat

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse