Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Second Seal Of Mercury, success rate, experiences etc
Chorozon
post Jul 19 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hm, has anyone had some success using the Greater Key's second seal of Mercury they could tell me about ? Any notable experiences?

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/neo_1980_allen/2ndsealofmercury.jpg)

The Second Pentacle of Mercury. – The Spirits herein written
serve to bring to effect and to grant things which are contrary unto the order of
Nature; and which are not contained under any other head. They easily give answer,
but they can with difficulty be seen.
Editor’s Note.– The Letters form the Names of Böel and other Spirits.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 19 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chorozon @ Jul 19 2006, 07:58 PM) *
Hm, has anyone had some success using the Greater Key's second seal of Mercury they could tell me about ? Any notable experiences?

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/neo_1980_allen/2ndsealofmercury.jpg)

The Second Pentacle of Mercury. – The Spirits herein written
serve to bring to effect and to grant things which are contrary unto the order of
Nature; and which are not contained under any other head. They easily give answer,
but they can with difficulty be seen.
Editor’s Note.– The Letters form the Names of Böel and other Spirits.

In my experience so far, the talismans in the greater key tend to have a more passive than active effect on you. Some of them lean towards a more active/passive side, while others are on the passive/passive end of the spectrum. They're talismans.

When I was working with the pentacles of mercury (those and the pentacles of jupiter are the only sets I've explored in depth) my experience with the second pentacle was similar to the function of St. Jude - when you don't know what you're missing, and you aren't sure what comes next, utilize the second pentacle of mercury. "Things which are contrary to the order of Nature" to me has meant that it is good for attaining things which are outside your own nature to attain. This can mean a lot of things, but I used it in that way first to attain better work habits - habits VERY contrary to my nature at the time. True to form, the way that I got what I wanted was pretty straitforward, but I did have to look for it too see exactly how I'd come around to getting what I had (thus learning how to hang on to it.) The effects of this talisman are of a subtle nature.

hope that helps.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Chorozon
post Jul 23 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jul 19 2006, 09:10 PM) *
In my experience so far, the talismans in the greater key tend to have a more passive than active effect on you. Some of them lean towards a more active/passive side, while others are on the passive/passive end of the spectrum. They're talismans.

When I was working with the pentacles of mercury (those and the pentacles of jupiter are the only sets I've explored in depth) my experience with the second pentacle was similar to the function of St. Jude - when you don't know what you're missing, and you aren't sure what comes next, utilize the second pentacle of mercury. "Things which are contrary to the order of Nature" to me has meant that it is good for attaining things which are outside your own nature to attain. This can mean a lot of things, but I used it in that way first to attain better work habits - habits VERY contrary to my nature at the time. True to form, the way that I got what I wanted was pretty straitforward, but I did have to look for it too see exactly how I'd come around to getting what I had (thus learning how to hang on to it.) The effects of this talisman are of a subtle nature.

hope that helps.

peace

Appreciate the info thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif) PS: lol my response is just over a year late (IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif)

+Quote Post

markyy64
post Jul 10 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi , out of interest would you use and charge this seal the same way as a talisman, or are these seals used in a differant way , IE would you Draw out the seal write your intention on the back charge and keep on person or are these used in more lenghty rituals within a cirle triangle etc.

Regards mark

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 10 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

In my experience a full ritual charging is preferable, but that also follows my own preferences. Even sigilization for me works best with a full ritual workup.

Some great effects I've received came from engraving the talisman (2nd) on orange antimony glass (fixed mercury); and one sheepskin parchment (3rd and 4th) with blue ink. They work well together, so I inscribed the 3rd on one side and the 4th on the other. I have a pewter medallion of the 3rd and 4th talismans, which I bought from Enchantments in New York, but it never brought about good results. I did a ritual charging for it but even so...

The best results by far, though, came from inscribing the 3rd and 4th on sheepskin parchment. Consecrate the parchment, the ink, the incense used to consecrate the parchment to mercury and the incense to consecrate the silk - I used white silk - consecrate the silk, of course, erect the circle, set the appropriate alter, and after everything is consecrated, then I began the actual charging ritual - LBRP, LBRH, LIRH (mercury), Invocations to Atzilut, Briah, Yetzirah, in that order, invocation to Hod in Yetzirah, and then invocations to whatever spirits and names are incribed about the pantacle - first god names, then angels, then spirits. MP ritual to Mercury (projective or receptive depending on the intentions), then the prayers stating my intentions for the talisman, then thanks, and closing ritual elements - banishings, licenses to depart, thanks, etc.

I have a question, or need resources for a particular subject, I take the talisman out, tell the spirits what I need, and the answers either come to me spontaneously, or I very quickly encounter a resource or a lead to a resource usually no later than a few hours.

Despite my ritual emphasis on the charging, it's worth noting that I don't have a robe, wand, etc. - I wear pure white cotton clothing, but that's as far as my own preparation ever goes, aside from spending the day meditating on the ritual.

I suppose the best way is probably to go according to the book, but also, the talismans serve better as templates for talismans - a talisman you compose yourself is always going to work better than one you found in any book.

peace
V

This post has been edited by Vagrant Dreamer: Jul 10 2008, 04:16 PM

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

markyy64
post Jul 10 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

Many thanks Vagrant Dreamer for the reply, so the seals are basically talismans that can be copied and used as a talisman in the normal way.

Regards mark

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 03:51 AM