Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Controlling Or Manipulating Dreams..
ClockKeeper
post Nov 8 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Either through magic or machine, do you think it is okay or justified in anyway? It seems if you could control your dreams, you could live forever in your own mind, since the subconcious is not effected by time. A very interesting idea to consider.. If you don't know what I am talking about, go rent and watch Total Recall.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AstralFlare
post Nov 8 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Its a cool idea, sounds like your talking about lucid dreams and how to control them, but wouldnt you only get to dream when your body produces a dreaming hormone?i think its called melatonin or something similar.A good idea would be to see if you can get in to the state of mind when lucid dreams occur most frequently and try to extend the time you stay in that state,so instead of focusing primarily on lucid dreams you should try and control how long you last in that mind state. Although your not probably going to be conciose when you try it during sleep but if you try it after you were rested like being in sleep paralysis or maybe take short wake ups in between the dream and see how long you can hold that mind state.It could even be used to take that mind state further into the lower frequencie ranges and see how long you can last there.Like lets say if you wake up in the middle of a dream and your mind is in the theta frequencie range, then see how long you can keep your mind conciose while drifting into the delta state, after much practice you should be able to last longer.

this may be slightly confusing since being in certain mind states alows you to have better awarness, in other words since awareness is largely conciosness you should focuse maybe on your sences and how you feel,etc when drifting to a dream and see how long you can control your awarness of your sences until you black out in deep dreamless sleep.,or just rem sleep.

This post has been edited by AstralFlare: Nov 8 2006, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 9 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

It's true the brain only dreams when there are certain chemicals present in it - hormones being one variety that'll do it, others occurring naturally on the earth - however the nature of the dreaming state is such that the relative perception of time during a dream can be far greater than the actual time spent dreaming.

I dreamed once that I spent an entire day in some strange fantasy jungle setting. I dreamed waking up there, and dreamed gong to sleep there - and when i did, I woke up here. I can read the entry in my journal now and still feel as though i'm remember an entire day.

So yes, it's possible to dream 'forever' I think, while still only spending one night asleep. Some of the greatest magickal endeavors are done through lucid dreaming. You think evocation is neat in a dark, smoke filled room? Try evoking an entity in a lucid dream, and you'll become bored rather quickly with 'regular' evocation.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse