Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Chanting, various techniques
percival
post Feb 10 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

I recently ordered the monroe gateway series,some of you may be aware of this organization.It uses something called hemi sync to achieve different states of consciousness and ultimately an obe.One of the techniques on the cd;s is something called resonant tuning,which is similar to chanting as you attune your vocal chords to the sound on the cd.it really clears and energizes your mind and it's definitely made me want to explore chanting a little bit more.It seems like most information on chanting is of an eastern orientation.I have no problem with it if it's your thing but i'm looking for more western approaches.can anyone point me in the right direction for a more christian, jewish or even a nuetral religious approach to chanting?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jenfucius
post Feb 16 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(percival @ Feb 10 2009, 10:52 AM) *

I recently ordered the monroe gateway series,some of you may be aware of this organization.It uses something called hemi sync to achieve different states of consciousness and ultimately an obe.One of the techniques on the cd;s is something called resonant tuning,which is similar to chanting as you attune your vocal chords to the sound on the cd.it really clears and energizes your mind and it's definitely made me want to explore chanting a little bit more.It seems like most information on chanting is of an eastern orientation.I have no problem with it if it's your thing but i'm looking for more western approaches.can anyone point me in the right direction for a more christian, jewish or even a nuetral religious approach to chanting?

You could try Kabbalist chants or even Gregorian Christian chants.
Chanting exists in many cultures. Even shamanic cultures practices them (although most shamanic peoples are going extinct now so they might not be around much longer). Much occult knowledge is being lost now.

This post has been edited by Jenfucius: Feb 16 2009, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Feb 17 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

The neutral approach would be any simple phrase, even if it does not mean anything - or, if it did mean something and it's become mixed up as in the case of creating a chant according to popular chaos magic theory - which is then chanted rhythmically and consistently for more than fifteen minutes.

There is chanting for different reasons. Some chants have an intention behind them, which are intended as a form of auto hypnosis, others can be chanted simply to relax the body and mind as a simple addition to meditation practice. There is a part of your brain (I forget he name I'm afraid) which governs your body's rhythms, and is susceptible to almost any rhythmic action, and can be entrained with a new rhythm if it persists for more than 15 minutes. 5 minutes is the amount of time it takes to entrain your brain, 15 minutes is the amount of time required for some persistent effect. Longer than that makes no difference, so all the chanting you need to do for entrainment purposes can be accomplished in 15 minutes. I'd suggest 20 minutes to be safe, as it takes time to settle down and focus, the extra five minutes help to relax physically.

So as jenfucious says you can find gregorian chants, and kabbalistic chants; or if you're just looking for basic relaxation entrainment, any simple collection of poetic syllables can be chanted for that purpose; or if you're attempting autohypnosis, you can form a chant for that purpose by mixing up the syllables from a statement of intention. There's more on that subject on this forum, and all over the internet if you're interested.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse