Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Hey All, And Be Blessed, Imnew to this forum and i want to introduce myself. sorry if i sound l
R.D.Stormsinger
post Jan 29 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #1

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Hello, I'm new here. My name is Rowan Stormsinger, and I am a wizard. I am also a christian. This is the first occult forum I've visited and I just want to say that I hope you all bear with me while I'm here. I just recently joined the circles of magick and have yet to join a circle or group. Im currently studying on my own and wish to graduate as a grey wizard, minoring also as white and aqua. I just wanted to get that out of the way, because I know what christians have done to magic-users in the past, and what we are still doing to the occult community.

I would say i used to be a normal christian, but in my experiancet here is no such thing as normal. Instead I will say that I used to be a naive christian. I once sided with the belief that magick comes from the devil, and that witches, mages, wizards, and those who wielded the arts and powers of magick were evil. I was enveloped by the christian religion and lost sight of Christ Himself. Jesus would not want his followers harassing people because of their beliefs, or because of what they practiced. Pagans and occultists have been steriotyped with a hatred and malevolence shared only by lawyers and tax collectors. But even a tax collector, who witnessed a 'holy' man of God exalting himself, fell to his knees and begged God for humility.

I was thinking one night, how can anyone who does good, not just good with magick, but good in general be evil? If the Lord is in all things good, and magick can be used for goodness, to help people, then is not the Lord in it? I believe that a christian can be a wizard, and I have devoted my powers to the Lord.

I hope you dont see me as a judgemental christian, but as a brother of the craft. Yes I follow God, and Jesus is my Lord. But magic is the tool He gave us to control the forces that created us, and is one of the ways we can learn to join Him.

I leave you to come to your own conclusions about me. But know this, I wll never judge you. We all sin, we are not perfect, we are equal. I have no right to judge my fellow man, and I leave that to my God.

I hope to change the view of christians in the occult world, if its one man, woman, child, or elemental at a time.

Amen, brothers and sisters. And Blessed Be.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bym
post Jan 29 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings and welcome aboard!
You'll find yourself in ggod company with your beliefs and not to worry! There are some very fine Christian mages!
Good journey! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

R.D.Stormsinger
post Jan 29 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #3

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Jan 30 2009, 12:07 AM) *

Greetings and welcome aboard!
You'll find yourself in ggod company with your beliefs and not to worry! There are some very fine Christian mages!
Good journey! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thank you so much.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse