Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Astralogical Dream Warfare, demons/malevolent spirt fighting
Slayden
post Jul 7 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

It started when I was 7 years old, about a year after I began having prophetic dreams, that spirits would attack me as I slept. At the time, I was very spiritual and plunged deeply into my faith just prior to these happenings.

The first night it happened, I dreamt that I was in my room, but my bed and possessions were gone and the walls seemed "ghostly" -- as if the walls were "there" but "not there." And instead of a bed and toys, this room was filled with plant life coming up out of the floor. Curiously though, the floor was both the carpeted concrete floor and a dirt floor at the same time, as if their existences overlapped. The plant life consisted of branches that grew about, but no trees from which they extended, and the limbs themselves were too thick and spread out to be bushes. Also, ferns grew up out of the floor. There was no moss or grass, just these branches and a couple of ferns.

This room also had no ceiling on it, but I didn't think to look up at the sky. And there was a yellowish white light that shown down into the room, a light so thick that it could be felt, but it didn't wash out my vision from being too bright, sort of like the way the light was in the elf village in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (but this was 5 or 6 years before that movie was made). The room itself was also much larger than normal.

Suddenly, these two "things" came out of the walls and headed straight at me. They looked like monkeys or gorillas, hopping from branch to branch. They didn't scream or hoot at all like monkeys, rather, they groaned and hollered in human voices. Each one was rather small too: each coming up to around my hip, which is pretty small considering the height of a 7-year-old.

When they came through the walls, they immediately attacked me, and for some reason, I engaged them. I started aggressively shouting God and Jesus' name (I really didn't know what else to do) and I began making various gestures at the ape-like creatures. Now when I say "fight", I don't mean hand-to-hand. Mostly, it was spoken words, shouts, and gathering globes of "energy" from our cores and hurling them at each other. I really didn't know what the hell I was doing I just did it. The dreams were very vivid and very fearful, but strangely, I was focused and even a bit angry.

Shortly after it began, I knocked one ape out of the branches and onto its can. It then turned around and quickly scampered away and rested further in the back of the enlarged room, but not attacking anymore, just watching. Then I turned my attention to the second ape. At one point this one swung down from some of the branches, kicked me in the chest with both of its feet and hopped back among the branches to resume distance attacks.

After a few minutes, I hit this one with a little orb (not really a sphere, more like something that has the shape of a bundle of cloth) and that seemed to be enough. Both apes hopped or swingged out of the room, disappearing behind the foliage that reached into the walls. Soon after, I woke up -- tired. I had many other warring dreams like this too, but none had apes in them after this, rather more human-looking ones or just downright abstract.

I'm really curious about these dreams from my childhood, because now, after a decade of being near-atheist, I have returned to spirituality. During that decade (from ages 10-19; I'm just getting back into it), I hardly dreamed at all. I dreamed maybe 5 or 6 times a year, most of which were irrelevant, though I did still have a few prophetic ones. Now, I am becoming more mystical and the dreaming is happening again about 3 or 4 times a week. I haven't been attacked lately, but I think it's only a matter of time.

So, I want to be more prepared next time it happens rather than just acting on instinct. Question: is this a combination of dreaming and astral projection? I would also like to know what others think of this dream.

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 8 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Has this happened to anyone else here and if so what did you do? I know questions like this have been asked before, but mine has a twist. I've been practicing the LBRP so that is probably why I haven't been attacked lately, and even if I do get attacked again I know I can make talismans to prevent it, but I'm wondering if I should actually do it or just let them attack me. Here's why: I read that if you are attacked by spirits in the astral and you beat them that you get stronger. Is this true? I've got the gahonas to play around with something like that (I can be pretty reckless at times), but I'm wondering if it would benefit me if I win or if it would just be a waste of time.

This post has been edited by Slayden: Jul 8 2007, 07:47 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 8 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

The short answer - you get attacked by entities which exploit particularly weak areas of your total being (this is greatly summarized...)

Facing and defeating anything that attacks you in that astral, therefore makes you stronger, yes, but not in exactly the way it sounds. On the one hand, those entities are internal, they are manifestations of your own 'inner demons' etc. Everything from astral parasites to 'demons of chaos and destruction' or whatever. On the other hand, those beings exist archetypically in the astral as most everything else does, and are attracted to the resonance created by negative energies in your own sphere when you are connected to the astral. It only looks like a paradox from the bottom, higher up they consolidate into a single truth.

That said, the way you deal with them reflects the way you're dealing with those inner weaknesses/demons/etc. Karma, in one sense, though there are various other more complicated and more simplistic explanations. All facets of the same basic process of 'spiritual warfare' and every religion is of course the number one authority on the matter.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/book.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

Aaaanyway... anytime you are 'attacked' first thing you do is clear your mind, and 'reset' your surroundings, see if just 'ignoring' it makes it go away. If it does, it's your imagination, a daydream for ego gratification. Hey, sure, it feels good, everybody does it, no one talks about it... it's a bad habit, though, and makes it more difficult to discern a real attack when it happens. If the 'attack' persists, you may have something, or you may not have control over your mind. It gets easier to be more sure as you master your wild imagination.

If it -is- in fact an attack, then again, consider how you deal with it. It's a symbolic manifestation of an internal (kinda) process, representing the elemental nature of your mechanism, it's approach, and any kind of side effects and/or extra damages you tend to do to yourself in the process. You'd be surprised. Follow your instincts and be creative. Sometimes just blasting away with white light, for instance, won't work. The elemental aspect can sometimes require some particular solution, and sometimes it's a question of actually figuring something out. It's not like a big bad astral kung fu tournament out there, things are literally not what they appear to be. And if they are what they appear to be, then you won't need to fight anything, you'll just be able to observe and change yourself accordingly; but raise your hand if you can do that, right?

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 9 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Well then. It sounds like a good thing because I'm ridding myself of internal problems, solving other problems in my head, and/or gaining better control of my mind.

I want to begin experimenting with lucid dreaming and start poking around in my mind some more, tossing out the bad, building up weaknesses, etc. I would like to get the book The Art of Dreaming, but I'm a penniless mage with no credit card (for now), so I'm trying to track down either a pdf or some online posting about exact techniques to induce it, but to little avail.

QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jul 8 2007, 07:26 PM) *
All facets of the same basic process of 'spiritual warfare' and every religion is of course the number one authority on the matter.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/book.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

Ha ha ha ha! Isn't that the truth! I was raised as a fundmentalist Christian (*ahem* "Modern Pharasees" with a capital "H" for hypocracy), and my mother told me that they were demons attacking me in my sleep. Up until now I believed it. Though when I think about it, I'm not sure which dreams were aspects of my mind and which (if any) were actually demonic. Some people (especially Christians) report seeing monkey-like entities accompanied with problems. Like for example, a woman had breast cancer and a preacher saw this monkey sitting on her shoulder with its fingers burried in her breast. After the preacher cast it out, she was cured of breast cancer.

So again, I'm not sure what was me or what was a different entity in my dreams, unless you can shed some light on what the monkey on that woman's shoulder was. But it's not just breast cancer. Some people in assylums have had spirit's hands or fingers in a patient's head, and after it was removed, the person became sane again.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 9 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #5

Practicus
Group Icon

Ah, well, personally I my paradigm centers around a unified field of consciousness, the ego itself being merely an illusion created by the localized context we 'inhabit' within that greater consciousness. Few differences between my view and the hindu idea of panentheism.

Within that view, there are no external entities. The external nature of anything is ultimately an illusion. If you're confronted by a 'real life' demon of, say, sickness, what is happening on a deeper level is your own karma manifesting a demon to represent the sickness invading your life. I think any negative karmas can be evoked as demons, cast out as demons, etc., and in the past this has held true for me personally. This is what I meant by the internal/external paradox on the previous post - both are true, a demon is both an internal and external entity. There are demonic archetypes, and there are unique instances for unique individuals, I'd imagine there are as many different demonic entities as there are personalities in the mind of Humanity.

When one person sees another person's demons, that's along the same lines, to me, as clairvoyance, telepathy, etc. - just because someone else can see them doesn't mean it's an external entity.

When I, for instance, talk about entities being from a 'higher' or 'lower' plane, what I'm saying is that those entities are produced by a mechanic that exists on that particular plane, influencing the material world which is essentially the locus of all planes, high and low. Think of the material world as being the point at which every plane, as a vector in super-dimensional space, intersects. All of the effects of each plane become manifest though that point which is a "context" within the field of consciousness, i.e. an individual.

We have the ability to do magick, alter reality, help one another cast out our demons, conjure spirits which are the embodiement of all manner of phenomenon in conscious form, because we exist as contexts within a unified consciousness - It's one part of the mind acting on another part of the mind, no different than your own mind acting on a part of your own mind.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Uni_Verse
post Aug 27 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

When I get attacked, my usual defense is to give them a big hug!

There is only Love (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Star
post Aug 27 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

Have you ever hugged anything that severed your arms at the shoulder?

+Quote Post

markus
post Sep 2 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hi Moderator, Maybe this is not the right "location" for this post, so sorry if this is so. Anyway, I would like someone to help me shedding some light on this matter, last year in the middle of a very difficult situation, I dreamed that a kind of african priest was telling me: give to her an offering of milk and honey, and place a white canddle on top of them(he showed me a white bowl which I supposed have the honey and mild, and on top a small plate with the candle), she will help you..., well, maybe I was stupid but I did nothing, I don't practice that religion(none at all), and I didn't(and don't) know who is "her", in fact I went to the point that "maybe this is a sort of attack", which at the end I doubted given the fact that the offering was not usual offer for an agressive deity. So, as you can see, I'm totally confused and lost on this, any help will be really appreciated.

Markus

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse