Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Thougts on ReiKi., i went to the course, more will follow..
animus
post Oct 4 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I was thikning of going to a ReiKi class this weekend, apparently it takes all weekend is the 1st stage of 3.

But... is it worth it? I've heard alot about ReiKi and it's all good, but is it biased?
Also it costs a hell of a lot, very expensive indeed!

Any thoughts, is it worth the money?
Is it something i can do with just a simple ritual (Middle Pillar anyone?) or is it really helpfull indeed even for those that do rituals on a weekly basis (or whatever)

Thankfull for all replies.

Now while you write, here's popy: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)

(edited to make it more of an appropriate thread about thougts about reiki for others that might want to read it or whatever (IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif) )

This post has been edited by animus: Oct 9 2005, 02:16 PM

--------------------
-----BEGIN MAGIC CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 1.5.1
MCM X P W N !D A a+ C G QH++ 666 Y
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------

"And if rain brings wind of change let it rain on us forever."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

poeticraven
post Oct 4 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

Being a practioner of Tai Chi and Qigong, I'd have to say all exercises pertaining to the development and flow of your life energy is benificial, and in my experience building up chi before casting of any sort seems to help greatly, before and after- before to build up the power for it, and after to replenish. As far as ReiKi in particular, I don't have any personal experience with it, but again I would THINK (notice emphasis on think) that being that it is also a practice concerning the same power it would be greatly beneficial to you. I would SUGGEST (notice again the emphasis on suggest) that you choose the path you have the most resources for, but as it will probably be a lifetime thing, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to find more resources for whatever you choose...(ie, I chose Tai Chi and Qigong, because a) classes locally were available, b) my dad and his best friend had studied Qigong and he had consequently collected lots of resources for both it, Tai Chi, and other Internal Chinese Arts c) I knew I had enough information to develop over the whole of my lifetime.)
I hope this was at all helpful....
And now, a word from our sponsor.....
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif) ~ "Ever had so much to say, that words couldn't cover it?
Ever wanted to express yourelf, but didn't know how?
INTRODUCING OUR NEW AND IMPROVED BUTCHER™!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif) HE SLICES, HE DICES, HE CHOPS HIS WAY
THROUGH THOSE PESKY SOCIAL BARRIERS, and the
poor, poor soul hiding behind it**..."
**Not responsible for damage done to doorways, carpet stains, pets, or innocent bystanders. Some restrictions may apply. Void were prohibited.
†Christopher Raven†

--------------------
"Now I want, spirits to enforce and art to enchant, and my ending is dispair, unless I be relieved by prayer...And as you from your crimes would pardoned be, let your indulgence set me free" W.S. The Tempest - Pospero

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 4 2005, 07:14 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

Yeah, Ki as ki i guess you can put it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Not sure exactly how it works tho as the information that is out there is limited due to the secrecy of their symbols/seals/whatever...

and it's so damn expensive.. still pondering.

anyone else have any thoughts?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Star
post Oct 4 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tn_dizzy002.gif) I have been attuned to Master level Reiki, Kundalini Reiki, and Solar Reiki

Still learning how to use it though.

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 4 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Star @ Oct 4 2005, 10:13 PM)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tn_dizzy002.gif) I have been attuned to Master level Reiki, Kundalini Reiki, and Solar Reiki

Still learning how to use it though.

That's great.

What is the difference between 'regular' ReiKi and the other two then?

Also, is it worth the enourmous amount of money it costs? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Oct 5 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #6

Theoricus
Group Icon

I think it must be worth the money if you can heal people of terrible illnesses and stop their pain, improve the quality of their lives and the people around them.

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 5 2005, 08:07 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

In the spirit of a true magician i'm doing it for pure selfish reasons ofcourse, so healing others won't have much to do with it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

But yeah, it looks like i'm going, just got a money boost and i thought i could use it on something spiritual. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 5 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #8

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!

I'm skating on the thin ice of ignorance here...please bear with this 'observation'.

I have received Reiki treatments in the past...and I've also been treated with other 'energy' manipulations. Each and every treatment was closely monitored by myself and a third party. Unfortunately, I could not conduct these treatments in a scientific manner but was rather subjective in my viewing.

As I've come to understand, Reiki utilizes a system of sigilized 'thoughtforms', at least, in the upper workings. The Reiki master uses these forms to channel energy to do a variety of different functions. These forms are also a very closely guarded 'secret' and one pays dearly for the information of their use and function.

IMHO, I distrust the use of 'power vortices' of a secret nature...not all masters are privy to the use of these 'triggers' and know how, when, where and by who they are being used. It would be like me to publish either publically or privately a carefully constructed sigil to collect either focused or ambient energy for my own private use. Paranoid?...you 'betcha! These are fairly simple (or complex) ways to garner power. A friend who is really into the idea of 'healing' people was told by his contact to a 'secret' order that he must take time, daily, to pray toward the East whilst visualizing a certain geomantic figure. This 'secret' order would then use his energies to 'heal' the sick, etc. They were using the energy to gain political power and wealth, btw... Please do not be under the illusion that such 'pure' or 'high' vibrations cannot be perverted/subverted to other aims. This is not to say that Reiki masters/students have corruption at their hearts...by no means! We must, however, be unafraid to ask the tough questions when needed.

I'm all for people making a living with what they know how to do. I, myself, do not charge for my services...but that is my choice! My sister, a shaman in her community, charges for her work. To each their own. When money gets involved, greed can be in the drivers seat, so be alert! All of us here who thirst for knowledge will pay a price for that knowledge...usually not in a monetary way. There are many 'schools' and 'colleges' of witchcraft and magic out there. They offer only sparse occult knowledge and an empty pocket.

Well that's my daily rant and I'll gladly step down from my soapbox. I am not maligning Reiki though I find some their practices suspect. I did have positive results from my session(s) but, I think, that was because the Reiki master I worked with really knew what they were doing and had 'inherent' talent! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 6 2005, 02:37 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

Greetings bym and thanks very much for that informative post which was basically just what i wanted to hear, a bit more about how it worked with the focused thoughts and whatnot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will probably end up trying it, atleast for the first grade or whatever (whee, i finally get to be in an order! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif) )

It's not that expensive the first grade, but the only pricetag i found on the master degree goes for 100.000 SEK (that's about 12 657,43 US DOLLARS) for that one, who can afford that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Hopefully it will give me an insight and the edge i'm looking for.

Cheers bym,very helpfull (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wanderer
post Oct 6 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

it never hurts to be carefull ....in my area there where some bad dealings with some would be reiki master -that one did alot of damage
...i think it would be wise to read about reiki (they have several books published) and ask around first

--------------------
...you are just a figment of your imagination...

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 6 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

i already have read alot (not any actual books tho, so damn expensive (yes, im a tight bastard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)))

Also i talked to the teacher which class i will be attending during the weekend, and hey, the worst case scenario i end up with a few money less and a bad experience, no big deal even tho it's alot of money, so what, i have some more somewhere im sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I tried to ask more about how the activation was done to teach others to heal with their hands etc and was told in a very brief way that it was sort of an energy stream or similar that took away blockations in your hand systems in reference to the chakra system, so that'll be interesting, i am a magician but not that experienced so it will be fun to see what happends and how i can play with energies (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If i'm able to send some enrgies later i'll be sure to send some popy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif) power to poeticraven later on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/juggle.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 9 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

Well, i just came home from a weekend of reiki training, i don't have time to go through it all now tho, but i'll be sure to make a post later about this and my thoughts etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post

josef77
post Oct 10 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #13

Initiate
Group Icon

Well, i just came home from a weekend of reiki training, i don't have time to go through it all now tho, but i'll be sure to make a post later about this and my thoughts etc.

Looking forward to hearing about this in detail. Particularly their view on removing the so-called blockages in the hands.

J

+Quote Post

animus
post Oct 11 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #14

Zelator
Group Icon

Well, here goes, i don't know how much or what i'll write yet but i guess i'll find out as i go along.

It was a weekend, 8 hour on saturday and 8 on sunday.

I won't go into detail about the chitchat we had because i already knew most of it and it seemed a bit dragged out just to fill the void between the "initiations".

There had to be 4 initiations and it was based on a chakra system.

this is the only picture i could find with a quick google search, not a very good one, but it's the system it was based on it seems:
(IMG:http://www.mimosa.nu/bilder/chakra.gif)

the basis of the 4 initiations was that you bound together several charkas.

the top one of your head and the one in your groin ;D

and then downwards so, second most upper one and second most lower one goes together as the next pair and so on until the 4th which was the hearth chakra which was alone.

She never did tell us exactly what she did because it was a secret etc etc but she started with the heart chakra and moved herself outwards throughout the initiations and did some sort of energy raising, i'm not sure how or what tho.
She also pressed on your fingertips and palms and pressed energy through it, i'm not sure how on that part either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyways, it's not as detailed as i wished and i guess i'll never know fully either as i won't go through to be a reiki master but it was interesting for sure.

I have ended up with this feeling in the palm of my hands tho that they become incredibly warm whenever i pass through 'healing energy' through them and it seems to really help, but meh, who knows? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Anyways, that's about it i guess, if anyone wants some more info on this i'd be happy to share what i know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 11 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

interesting, thanks for sharing !

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

Keysol
post Nov 14 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Initiate
Group Icon

Hi All....
I'm new this site and wanted to give a little input to this thread about reiki.

I received my second attunement almost 2 years ago and have gone back and forth about getting my next attunement (some will give the masters as the third attunement, some the forth). For me, the only purpose would be to pass it on to others with no charge, even though that is something that irritates most masters (and IMO, when dealing with such matters, one should question why this irritation occurs through most).

In my explanation of reiki, it is just a name brand form of energy healing. Sort of like Nike sneakers vs. a no-named brand. Both seem to do the same job...and really...all one is paying for when buying the Nikes is that cute little swoop.

Like so many traditions that get passed down from one to another, reiki has changed based on the original. There are now hand positions (hand placements during healing)...that were never part of Usui's teaching. He did have some symbols that he passed on, but the number of symbols have increased and changed. Once again...there is a certain bastardization that has occurred. That doesn’t mean its bad...just that it's different and people should be aware of that.

I would venture that if I had not received my attunements for free, I might never have done it....simply because it is not necessary for healing, and is no more (or less for that matter) powerful then any other form of energy healing that is used. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I have benefited greatly with reiki...and would like to point out that Ursi....the 'father' of reiki might not be sitting too well in his grave knowing how much some of these 'masters' charge to have this healing knowledge passed on…but I digress.

Usui's purpose was to harness the healing energy that Jesus may have had the ability to do (or so the myth goes). As a student of Qigong, he was looking for a healing energy that would not tap into personal energy, but instead a more Universal energy. This being true, I would imagine that the elimination of personal gain would be a plus (lol..which is out the door since money has become a major part of this) as well as personal energy drain.

I typically explain reiki as something like Drain-O...lol. Just think of a kitchen sink and its pipes. If there is a blockage, even though water may still drain, it goes slowly and causes stagnate water, which kinda looks gross and smells funky. Now in comparison, the energy centers that are in the body allow Ki to flow smoothly. If a block is present in an energy center, energy will become stagnate and create illness. The reiki will act as the Drain-O....being poured down the sink to go deal with whatever little mess is clogging up the pipes.

Now, I am by far a 'metaphysical healer' just because it doesn’t sit well with me. Most that are (and most reiki practioners are) will say that all illness and injury stems from blocks in energy flow. It is said then that 'we', as humans, have the ability to cure and/or prevent all illness and injury. I find this difficult to swallow, only because outside influences are never as accommodating as I would like them to be, though perhaps I have not advanced to such a level...LOL.

Well…*looks back* I have managed to ramble on for my first post….*smiles* but I do feel that most people can benefit from reiki attunements, but any sort of energy healing will create the same benefit, IMO anyway.

If you are are really interested in it, check out this link Reiki News

--------------------
We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn. ~ Thoreau

+Quote Post

HunterWhiteWolf
post Nov 14 2005, 06:04 PM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm a Reiki master at the age of 15 and didn't pay a single penny; I would say "Yes its worth it."

--------------------
Boo.

+Quote Post

Skylyn
post Nov 14 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(HunterWhiteWolf @ Nov 14 2005, 04:04 PM)
I'm a Reiki master at the age of 15 and didn't pay a single penny; I would say "Yes its worth it."

Greetings all. Pleasure to meet you.

When you say, "Yes it's worth it." is that because it didn't cost you a penny or because you would find reiki attunements worth the money even had you paid?

--------------------
Someone who isn't convinced of something himself won't be convinced by you either. ~Plato~

+Quote Post

HunterWhiteWolf
post Nov 14 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

I would have payed. I can teach you if you like, it wont be as great though.

If you continue to live out your roleplaying fantasy here I will BAN you! Master at 15, pull the other one! - mediocracy

what are you talking about?

This post has been edited by HunterWhiteWolf: Nov 15 2005, 07:44 AM

--------------------
Boo.

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Nov 15 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #20

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/7.gif) Greetings. I have been toiling with the idea of studying Reiki with a view to attaining some reiki qualification; not necessarily mastership. Disregarding the claims of mastership of the arts at 15 (which I know personally is IMPOSSIBLE) I would welcome the views of genuine reiki adepts/masters here who could point me in the direction of the best reiki system to use.

I give the HunterWhiteWolf the perfect opportunity to outline the system of Reiki he has mastered in ... (in his own words and not cut and paste from a site on the net) ...

I have some grasp of reiki has I have friends over here who are studying and have studied. I have an associate who is a master of Tai Chung (I think that's how you spell it) and she has sufficient level to teach. Her husband can teach ... and the only thing which puts me off is the excessive costs for the final parts of the Reiki courses.

When back in the Uk I had been quoted 250.00 Sterling for the 1st level then 1000.00 Sterling for the next level and a further 2500.00 for the final level. I find that excessive.

It would be interesting to learn how our young friend gained mastership so young and for free. From the friends I have I know it has taken them over 10 years to get through all ... and have by no means learnt everything. Unless we have a golden child/chosen one/prodigy in our ranks it is unlikely HunterWhiteWolf is seriously a master. He would have needed to begin at 5 or 6 and I doubt any master would teach someone that age. Many of the concepts require a qualified mind to grasp. The complexity of the human biology and physiology would be too much for a child's mind.

I cannot believe the claims and tend to agree with Mediocracy that it is indeed role playing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fie.gif)

First hand experience of the concepts for one point me to this. I am qualified and used to study work/grasping principles & theology but even I find some of it taxing to say the least!

If it IS true and he can prove it ... then we have a prodigy in our midst and a poor soul who has missed out on an essential part of life .... that of childhood ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)

mmm ....

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

HunterWhiteWolf
post Nov 15 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

Haha, thats fine. My avatar is the reiki symbol, and its not too hard for a white wolf (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif). There are three stages or attunements to reiki, at the first attunement you can only heal yourself and others by touch, I felt that this stage was the most difficult and still do. I have a hard time healing myself but I can send energy long distances alot easier, I can heal others alot better than myself. The second stage is a great achievement now you must learn about the reiki symbols and empower them, there are several people made up but there are mainly three. They go in no real order but the first is power it boosts your physical strength from what I have seen, the second is focus it boosts your mental strengths and helps you well focus, and the third is usually the last one you learn it was for me, empowerment it empowers you and gives you the strength you need to accomplish the task healing wise. After you learn these symbols you must still practice and meditate alot. It's no easy thing but once you get there it takes a load off. Master reiki, or attunenment level three. There is no attunement level four people manipulated that into their practices. Master's Reiki is basically an advancement of level two, theres no real difference but you are alot more healing savy. The only difference is that you can now attune others, starting from level one; and you can attune yourself to different energies once you get the hang of attuning. The Reiki master that taught me respected my reliegon and didnt teach me the from the reiki reliegon aspect, and I thank them for that.

--------------------
Boo.

+Quote Post

Skylyn
post Nov 15 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #22

Neophyte
Group Icon

I received my first attunement about a month ago so I am very new to this. I think a lot depends on the Master. I received my attunement from a Master who is not only a very kind and loving person, but an excellent teacher whom I can contact with any questions I may have. I did not pay for the attunement monitarily but there was a gift exchange. From what I understand it was Takata who started the practice of charging exhorbitant prices; I'm fairly certain Usui gave both his treatments and attunements for free, although gifts may have been given.

I want to point out that Reiki is_not_a religion nor does it have any attached dogma.

This post has been edited by Skylyn: Nov 15 2005, 12:09 PM

--------------------
Someone who isn't convinced of something himself won't be convinced by you either. ~Plato~

+Quote Post

HunterWhiteWolf
post Nov 15 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well, reiki literally means breath of god. The story behind it was that some dude was attuned by God himself. Yeah.

--------------------
Boo.

+Quote Post

Skylyn
post Nov 15 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(HunterWhiteWolf @ Nov 15 2005, 10:44 AM)
Well, reiki literally means breath of god. The story behind it was that some dude was attuned by God himself. Yeah.

Actually, the general definition of the word Rei--without getting into the deeper, esoteric Japanese kanji character--is Universal.

Ki means the same as Chi in Chinese, Prana in Sanskrit and Ti or Ki in Hawaiian; life energy or vital life force.

The literal meaning is therefore Universal Life Force.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keysol
post Nov 15 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #25

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(HunterWhiteWolf @ Nov 15 2005, 01:44 PM)

Eek....some 'DUDE'?

Hun, while I would not consider reiki some sort of ancient tradition, by any means, I would like to remind you of where the tradition comes from. It comes from a place that is heavy with respect, honor, and a certain mystisism all of it's own.

Perhaps my training is different, perhaps my age brings a different attitude and understanding. But I will say, based on your answers, I really do wonder at the training, or lack thereof, you have recieved.

--------------------
We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn. ~ Thoreau

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Nov 15 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #26

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Reiki has always been on my check list of 'possibles'; I have a healing ability which I have used to great effect in the past. But, it has always been to choose Reiki or similar as a discipline and a focus.

In response to our young friend's explanation of the origin of Reiki (some dude attuned by god) I did the search engine thing:-

Reiki (pronounced "ray-kee") is a therapeutic technique in which healing energy is channeled, or conducted, through a practitioner's hands into the person receiving the treatment. It is believed that Reiki brings the body into emotional and spiritual balance, supporting the body's natural ability to heal itself.

The name Reiki comes from the Japanese rei, meaning "universal," and ki, meaning "energy." Reiki's "universal energy" is equivalent to the vital life force, or qi, in traditional Chinese medicine, and to prana in Ayurvedic medicine. Those who practice Reiki assume the existence of this invisible energy, which is believed to radiate through all life forms.

Reiki's origins are unclear, but it is thought to derive from the healing practices of ancient Tibetan monks. In the early 1900s Reiki as we know it was introduced in Japan by Mikao Usui, a religious scholar and teacher who had studied healing in Tibet. Usui named the therapy Reiki and developed the Usui System of Reiki Healing, which is considered by many to be the foundation of the therapy today. Usui's system was brought to Hawaii in the 1930s by Hawayo Takata, a Japanese-American woman who had received the esteemed degree of Reiki Master from one of Usui's disciples. After teaching it there for years, she brought the practice to the mainland U.S. in the 1970s.

Traditionally, training in the Reiki method spans three degrees. You can progress from one degree to the next according to your own rate of inner growth.

First degree. First-degree Reiki practitioners have completed approximately two days of training, typically during a weekend seminar. The training involves learning the history of Reiki, as well as becoming individually "attuned" or "initiated" to the healing energy. This involves receiving four "attunements" from the Reiki Master (these adjust the vibrations of the Reiki student, so that more energy can flow through the body). Students are also taught the basic Reiki hand positions for treating the whole body. After being given first-degree training, students are able to do Reiki on themselves, family, and friends.

Second degree. This training, also about two days in length, is available to those who have been practicing Reiki at the first-degree level for at least three months. Second-degree students are taught special techniques for enhancing the level of energy transferred and are trained to transmit healing energy long distance (called Distant Healing) to family and friends. Second-degree students are also taught how to contact the subconscious (called Mental Healing) in themselves and others.

Third degree, or Reiki Master. This training takes about a year and is available to people who have been practicing second-degree Reiki for at least one year. Those trained at this advanced level are qualified to teach Reiki to others and are expected to make a commitment to do so.

Source: Reiki; What is it?

The close friends and associates I have known who ARE Reiki Masters have a deep respect for Reiki which is ALWAYS evident in any descriptions of Reiki. They are proud of their achievements and extremely HUMBLE.

I just wonder .... H-W-W a Reiki Master? His attitude to date says not!

mmm ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

This post has been edited by Mr_Merlin: Nov 15 2005, 03:33 PM

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

HunterWhiteWolf
post Nov 15 2005, 04:31 PM
Post #27

Neophyte
Group Icon

I told you all about my reiki expierences and still you say nothing. Reiki comes from God thats all that matters.

--------------------
Boo.

+Quote Post

mediocracy
post Nov 15 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #28

GONE
Group Icon

MODSQUAD - Okay people. It is obvious that further discussion of the qualifications (or lack of) in regards to a certain member claiming to be a Reiki Master is futile. Despite being asked directly to state where, when and under whose teaching the mastership was attained there has been silence. I think we can all make our minds up as to the veracity of the claim of a 15 year old Reiki Master. Lets get kinda back on topic now. Cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) - Mediocracy

+Quote Post

Keysol
post Nov 15 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #29

Initiate
Group Icon

QUOTE(animus @ Oct 4 2005, 03:12 AM)
Is it something i can do with just a simple ritual (Middle Pillar anyone?) or is it really helpfull indeed even for those that do rituals on a weekly basis (or whatever)

*smiles* To get back to the original question(s).

I meant to respond to this one separately, but got distracted.

I would say no, the MPR (which is IMO, by far a 'simple' ritual) would not be something that is used in replacement for reiki.

Course, I may view the purpose of the MPR differently then you, but to me, the MPR is ALL about personal energy and the ability to charge the energy centers with my OWN power, not depending on any other source to do so.

Reiki is about using Universal energy and allowing that to cleanse/heal energy centers at to allow Ki to flow througgh those cneters as it is suposed to. It is the acknowledgement of the need of a Higher Power (whatever that may be) to cleanse/heal.

One is about personal power...the other using a Higher Power. One is about energizing and charging...the other is about getting Ki back to its natural flow, at least IMO anyway.

BTW...I do include reiki in my daily rituals.

--------------------

+Quote Post

animus
post Nov 30 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #30

Zelator
Group Icon

I would consider the middle pillar ritual as a use of universal energy as such, not my own, after all, its based upon the MIDDLE pillar of the tree of life, whereas kether is on the top and, as far as i know, that represents the universal energy (or whatever you want to call it) and drawing energy from there would mean i'm not using my own as such (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is only my thought on it tho, i guess i need to read up on this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

I would not know how to apply the middle pillar to 'heal' others tho, but i guess i could do with myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >