Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages 1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Theory of Fasting, Purpose, benefits and what else...
+ Kinjo -
post Oct 26 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I have asked this under a different topic and forum category/purpose but have not get any answers until now. Hopefully, starting this it's own topic will generate some enlightments (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My questions basically all around fasting, such as why people do it, what is the benefits of it, how do you actually fast and what result do you actually get from fasting?

I know that fasting are supposedly purifies the body, and the mind. But does it awaken certain occult powers/influences?

A local magical system where I lives employs a lot of fasting into their system. Doing a specific working, a fast often are involved. To cast a spell, it is usually "bought" with specific fasting from a whole night fast, 3 days, 7 days etc. Certain "rules" also applied such as white fast where you're only allowed to eat white rice and plain water - up to only a handfull of plain tasteless food and a glass of water. A very popular "Pati geni" fast involves the operator to meditate in a complete darkness for complete 24 hours up to 3 days (some requires more) while single mindedly reciting the mantra/intent of the spell/powers the operator wish to "purchase". The result were said to be immediately can be tested.

Friends and one of my personal staff can confirm this with personal or other people's experience with results such as: complete obedience/submission of the opposite sex up to drive them to insanity/suicide, instantly kill a person, insert physical materials like nails, glass or poisonus animals into the victim's body for prolonged incureable sickness, ability to heal, see the astral, immunity to razors, nails or other sharp weapons, the physical martial art power of 10 horses (for example (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)) the ability to run and fly like the wind, to be physically invisible, and the ability to refuse death (but not old age) until the operator allows death to come (usually when he/she got really tired of the prolonged sickness)...etc etc etc.

These will sound like fairy tales to many western minds, but are supposedly true and exist, every single claim of it, since growing up in this country I have heard these often and witnessed severals of them. I could go on and on with this but that is not the purpose of this topic.

Majorities of the above achieved by difficult fasting/s, meditations and mantra's.

I have several theories in my attempt to answer this such as the direct/indirect use of our subconscious mind, single pointedness of intend over a period of time and use of barbarous words to bypass it to awaken/strengthen our untapped powers. But I'd like very much to hear your thoughts on this please. Anything that could add to our knowledge.

How does - exactly - fasting achieves the operators intend? Has anybody fasted for an intent and got results? etc... anything related to this please

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DollHouseKitty
post Oct 26 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Göttin Ewig
Group Icon

To put it is as simply as I can, it's all in the mind. Fasting is a technique used to strengthen the mind, to keep your body and emotions under complete control through the strength and will of your mind (This is how I was taught, and this is strictly my opinion).

The basic and most important tool to any magician or witch, or pagan or whatever, is their mind. Energy can be manipulated through a single thought, your entire course in life can change with a single little thought, etc...and most adept practioners understand that that is the Only tool you need, the rest are just there to help focus an untrained mind. Fasting is a means of training your mind, to allow you to understand it's Real potential and utilize that potential.

Do all the examples you mentioned sound farfetched to me? Not at all. Anyone can accomplish those feats, the only problem is, Western civilization is lazy and undisciplined. Pardon if I offend anyone with that comment, but that's how I see it. I don't completely agree with fasting, it's deprivation on an extreme level that can be very dangerous. I've fasted a couple times throughout the years of my practices, and found that I can achieve the exact same results if I went into a deprivation chamber for 30 minutes. 3 days without nourishment to 30 minutes floating in nothingness....I'll go with the chamber.

But! I have made variations if I feel I absolutely need to cleanse my body. Detox. Full body detox kits have worked absolute wonders for me in my practices, with the added benefit that I can eat and drink (organics mind you, but it's certainly not gross or unfullfilling food), and it's wicked healthy for your body, IF done in moderation. Detox kits can be very addicting, so it's my right to say to be careful if using that method. Very careful. Your only supposed to use them twice a year, beyond that your removing very necassary elements from your body which can result in eating disorders, and even death.

So yeah, I'll quit rambling.

Namaste

--------------------
Die Göttin Lebt Withen Ich, Unterstützen und schützend.
Raise That Beautiful Energy
Deep Funk Energy
More Beauty
Phoenix

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 26 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Good posting.

I also want to add that once one of the spell are "purchased" it can be reused simply by focusing and recite the mantra mentally at any time any place.

When you know a little about NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) this is sounds too familiar with "anchoring" where the NLP idea is to to "anchor" or peg or uniquely impress the brain with a specific and present desired state of mind/emotions like "determination, happiness, etc" with a specific hand/body gesture for future use.

PS. I also read pretty much the same thing from Bardon's "hand ritual" which gives me the same idea.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 27 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

As dolhouskitty says, it is all in the mind.

Fasting mortifies your body. It actually weakens you.
In this weakness your willpower and mind is all that keeps you from death.
It is the ultimate tool for the mind to become absolutely stronger than the body.

Fasting is dangerous, and without the right focus and mind it can be life treathening. It is walking on a fine line, pushing your will and body to its extreme limit.
After fasting the willpower will be strengthened enourmously and the body will slowly regain its physical strength. However the body's grip on the mind will be greatly diminished for a long time, if not completely destroyed.

Detox kits do not have the same effect, as they don't weaken your body to a dangerous near death state. They purify the body, wich has its own benefits but it a little different than fasting.

Fasting is hardline, its an extreme practise and extremely dangerous, potentially lethal if done wrong.

Fasting makes you dizzy, lightheaded, weak, a perfect condition for magickal growth.

Drink enough water during fasting, but not to much, about 2 litres a day. And if fasting for a long time, take vitamins or even better, sportdrinks. To keep your electrolyte level balanced. Or drink some soup every day.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 27 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #5

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(A_Smoking_Fox @ Oct 28 2005, 02:12 AM)
Fasting makes you dizzy, lightheaded, weak, a perfect condition for magickal growth.

Drink enough water during fasting, but not to much, about 2 litres a day. And if fasting for a long time, take vitamins or even better, sportdrinks. To keep your electrolyte level balanced. Or drink some soup every day.

Thanks for your replies (IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000042.gif)

I think we got the logical theories covered.
Let hear more on the esoteric effects of fasting.

I asked the same question to a friend from IndoTalisman (his writtings can be found at SM's Featured Authors) asking him to read my first post on this topic, and his answers:
Fasting helps to alter the brain-waves, program the mind with the power of a mantra, purifies the body--but most importantly, it alters the polarity of the body making it intensely Yin-negative and magnetic. This state of the body attracts the electrical-Yang forces surrounding us--thus we generate psychic energy. If modern science can come up with ways to produce the same state in the mind/body connection in a shorter time such as 30 minutes, so be it--however, the will-power is not exercised in this method--the forces of the Atma (Spirit) which represents the will-aspect in the microcosm, is not invoked and accessed--forces which are important in building up a shaman's or a magician's authority/power over his lower nature and the forces of Nature in general does not develop. In the practice of fasting more is required than just the abstention from food--this is only for the physical level. The true practice of fasting is esoteric in nature which returns the practitioner to the primal state where the soul bathes in the Light.

A quote from a part of what I've replied him today:
From the best of what I can grasp from your explanation, I am assuming single pointedness and mental discipline of the intent, while fasting facilitate the - prolonged - trance/gnosis state of mind, attuning our mind to earth lower frequencies/vibrations which amplifies the intend (chanted mantra/barbarous words) to pass right into our subconscious/invoking atma. Like the theory of a servitor, the "invoked" form of intend, began to "condense" and take form within our "atma" which then manifested as useable occult powers even when we're not in gnosis state of mind. Also, the repetition of chanting the mantra with focused intend will direct this aroused forces/energies to be "caught and hold" by our aroused magnetic poles caused by fasting.

Your thoughts please?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 27 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

I think the esoteric qualities are described enough.

Enough willpower will strengthen all magickal powers.
magickal power = willpower.

If you fast enough you could get a breaktrough and achieve some power, by sheer destruction of the flesh the will can accumulate more strength. This buildup can lead to a breaktrough in the field of clairvoyance, or more random gifts/powers.

I always noticed that the big esoteric 'gains' come in leaps after some buildup, and not gradually.
examples:
During trancework, building up a lot of energy to push trough to some new height.
When taking drugs, pushing the extra for some achievement.
When fasting, using the altered state to push trough to a new ability.
etc...

I always compared it by reaching plateaus, pushing forward towards a new plateau each time. But i may be terribly wrong in that view, because i am still investigating that, i am not certain on the plateau view.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 27 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #7

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Just a thought, not sleeping for 2 days (without fasting) also achieves the trance condition with similar lightheadedness, however also produce lack of mind focus, etc. (on a side note) OBE are also easier when we're in this state, however, how do you think does fasting differ in it's occult effect/boost in comparison to mind induced gnosis alone? Yes, fasting "purifies and detox" but does it "really burn the fuel" more effectively to go that extra miles?

How does a weakened physical conditions strengthen our occult/mind powers? Luxamore suggested that "it alters the polarity of the body making it intensely Yin-negative and magnetic. This state of the body attracts the electrical-Yang forces surrounding us--thus we generate psychic energy."

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DollHouseKitty
post Oct 27 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #8

Göttin Ewig
Group Icon

Hrmmm...I've never had a problem with developing my abilites, as I've been aware of them my entire life, and never had the opportunity to get them "beat" out of me. So fasting would essentially do no good for myself in those regards, but using a deprivation chamber and/or detox when I am feeling that my abilities are stressed out Is what works for myself. Fasting would be an extreme that I feel would only serve to make things worse for myself, as in causing my abilities to get completely intensified to a level where I cannot utilize them. It almost seems like it would defeat the entire purpose, right?

I was born a naturally open sensitive, and even without using some of the techniques I have employed in the past, my abilities as a sensitive have gone completely haywire through performing a simple full moon ritual. Some would say that fasting would help me control that, to be able to keep it at a happy medium. Quite the contrary. By depriving your body and mind of everything for x amount of days, gives your sensitive nature a doorway to explode open, because your physically weak, and physically wanting. I cannot perform a decent reading if I'm starving, but as soon as I eat some stir fry tofu or a veggie sammich, I'm back in the game and ready to roll in the minutes.

But that is simply how I work, it is very likely that it doesn't work the same for any one person.

It also works for me to meditate without fasting for 30 minutes to an hour and acheive the same amount of success as would a person who deprived themselves of everything for three days. I don't know if that makes me stronger, or just easier. Not everyone needs to go through such extremes to reach a common goal.

Putting all the technical Yin Yang talk aside, it all depends on the person. I personally feel that trying to digest and remember all that technical stuff, serves only as a means of hinderance in development. Keeping it simple makes more room for the stuff that you want to achieve. I'm simply caliraudient, empathic and intuitive. That's it. Nothing more, and nothing less. Now, if I said I was a natural born clairaudient who hears 3 guides normally, with a background concert of hundreds constantly, who can feel how another feels when they are in a bad or confusing situation, that which uses my intuition to also further the advice they need to get by listening to my god given natural inner spirit. Now...it would have been easier on the mind to have just stuck the first explanation. Short and sweet, yo.

Anyways, I'm done rambling...my throat is in need of some serious honey and tea (almost 3 straight hours on the phone repeating the same thing in a variety of ways can suck sometimes, lol), and a hot bath sounds most pleasing. Pardon my lack of inner monologue.

Namaste

--------------------
Deep Funk Energy
More Beauty
Phoenix

+Quote Post

mediocracy
post Oct 28 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #9

GONE
Group Icon

From what I have read it appears that a period of fasting often preludes awakening/satori/enlightenment experiences.

Like any kind of renunciation, fasting is a way of manifesting mental fortitude. I have not tried extended periods of fasting. I do fast occassionally in the evening, normally when I have eaten too much cake during the day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 29 2005, 05:13 AM
Post #10

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I am attempting a full and complete 24 hours nonstop fast today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) 6 am till 6 am of the next day. So far so good (12 hours straight now) and I can quite "easily" switch my focus, however it is harder not to smoke! I intentionally put temptations infront of me, staring at it, smelling it and have fun laughing at myself since I can't have it.

A good experience to understand ourself.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DollHouseKitty
post Oct 29 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #11

Göttin Ewig
Group Icon

That smoking one is cetainly one helluva feat...been tryng to quit for friggen years. Fasting without cigerettes...I should try that.

Good luck!!

--------------------
Deep Funk Energy
More Beauty
Phoenix

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Oct 29 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #12

Zelator
Group Icon

I've fasted quite often in the past and am starting to get back into making it a regular thing. Now if you fast 3 days or less it's really not that dangerous to your body, but if you go past 3 days of eating it can be quite dangerous. I've fasted 7 days on two different occasions and the next time I do it I think I'll make it a juice fast as I've heard many good things about juice fasts.
I think the most important thing is after the fact. When breaking a fast I've found that breaking it by eating some raw carrots and following that up 2 to 5 hours later with some apples and maybe add an some slices of bread, (only very lightly nut buttered). The rest of the day and the next day should be vegetarian as well. Of course sometimes I ignore this rule on 1 day fasts but I don't feel all that great when I break the rules.
I would recommend instead of an exact 24 hour fast that you try something else. After 24 hours allow yourself to return to eating conciousness. You may be hungry already or you may be a little hungry. Let your body and mind start to get hungry. Then commit to suppress the urge to eat for another 30 minutes to an hour. This will guarantee the added boost to willpower and prove to your mind that your not starving yourself (can't wait to eat can't wait to eat.) I only recently have added this last bit to my fasts and I must say I wish I had started like this. All too often I would get caught watching the clock and I've found that to be a rather frustrating and unhealthy habit.

Good call on not smoking while your fasting Kinjo. Hang in there.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 29 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Well, I have not eat anything up until now...hmm... 29 hours? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) but I lost the fast to the temptations to smoke a few cigs and a cup of torrabica coffee at hour 18 of fasting. Oh well oh well.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I guess not bad as this is the first time I ever attempt to practice fasting (before the real thing) and stop smoking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) In a month or two or less, when I'm used to the idea of fasting, I'm planning to do a full 7 days (7 x 24 hours) of white fasting (white rice + plain water only - complete tasteless diet only once in 24 hour period, no smoking, etc) and at the end followed with a "Pati Geni" Fast (24 complete darkness fast, no sleep, no breaks, nothing but trance chanting. All this would be done near a body of a natural flowing water to absorb the tattva and pranic elementals energies into my aura.

Anyways, I did a little research on this Javanese system and with guide and hints of a friend who practice this system, points to the practice of Indian tantric sadhana I'd like to share to help provide answer to this topic. The word "sadhana" in Sanskrit means "an effort exercised towards the achievement of a purpose."

As a friend put it in his email... the idea with this kind of fasting is to switch the polarity of the body (into magnetic negative) and is the fast of the stomache, the senses, and the mind. The astral body, esoterically called the "waters" is stilled. The physical body, or earth in movement as a quake, is made stable; the violent winds and fires of the mind are calmed and subdued and the senses are withdrawn to the innermost spark of God within--this condition is potrayed by the story of Elijah in the Old Testament when he meditated on a mountain-top.

Esoteric fasting is more than just a physical or a mental discipline but a whole systematical practice whereby one is "no longer of this earth and bathes in the power and glory of God"-- while in this state all mantras chanted are empowered. A sensory-deprivation chamber could produce a similar state but it lacks the principle of the will--it is more like the effects of a drug--the will is not used to atain an afflatus of the soul--and the magician is supposed to be the embodiment of the will--shortcuts do not mature one into a magi.

On Pati Geni: The Pati Geni (complete darkness--actually pointing to a withdrawal of the senses) in addition, stimulated the pineal gland and its release of certain chemicals/homones such as melatonin. This has an effect that awakens dormant psychic centers. The empowered blood nourishes certain brain nerve-cells and cause them to further improve the networking of the synapses and thus facilitates the workings of the right-side of the brain.

During this fasting, I should seclude myself for the whole week, conducting the ritual chanting in a retreat away from social activities and people, focusing solely chanting the mantra (11.000 times a day) and my intention for doing this. (what a torture!)

In my experience last night fasting while sitting in meditation for one hour period in trance chanting (4 hours total with 2-5 minute of breaks) I did feel an awakened sense of "power" (a lil sparks and weird feelings here and there on my brain) - I think the keyword here to achieve success (like any other system) is 'submissive' devotion and complete contemplation on the mantra where it should raise in power like a rolling snowball effect.

More findings on mantra from the SM PDF Library (Yoga):
+++
The mantra itself is a power. The words of the mantra are not mere haphazard letters. They are associated in a particular systematised manner, so that when they are recited in the proper intonation, the words combine and create a new chemical effect, you may say,as, when you mix the acidic and the alkaline, there is a third effect following immediately. A chemical force is generated by the juxtaposition of the letters of the mantra, so that the mantra itself is a power. The other power associated with the mantra is the thought, the vision, the power of the sage who visualised it, -- so two forces are impregnated into the mantra.
There is a third power: the divinity which is the presiding principle of the mantra. The very mantra indicates a god. The thought of the god is also a communication that you are establishing between your mind and the presence of that great power in the divinity, so that through the medium of your thinking, the force of the divinity also gets charged into the mantra.
The sage's thought is a power, the letters of the mantra themselves are a power, and the divinity's immanence in the mantra also is a power.

In intense types of japa, an electric energy is produced in the body; a sensation of a peculiar nature will arise in you, and the energy will try to go out of your body and get down into the earth, if you contact the earth and sit on bare ground without any seat. It is, therefore, said, "Do not sit on bare ground, because the charge will go down to the earth." The earth with its gravity will pull down all the energy of your body. So, have a seat that is not a conductor of electricity; -- it should be a non-conductor.
+++
So at this point, it make sense to me why this (see my first post) would technically work, where the magnetic poles of our body caused by fasting would absorb raised energies and amplifies our focused intend greatly, "burning" it into our own aura/lowerself effectively and permanently.

PS. As mentioned, this type of practice should be done on power-spots like under trees, waterfalls carrying an abundance of prana.

This post has been edited by | Kinjo: Oct 29 2005, 11:09 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 29 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #14

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(DollHouseKitty @ Oct 30 2005, 04:41 AM)
That smoking one is cetainly one helluva feat...been tryng to quit for friggen years. Fasting without cigerettes...I should try that.

The idea of a true fasting is to conquer all of our desires by sheere force of will. I lost to the temptation of smoking in my first fast trial not because my body needs the nicotin but simply because of the demonic voices inside of me saying that "c'mon, this is just a practice fast, go a head and have one cig (...and two, and three) - you should able to not to smoke when it's the real fast" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

For example, I personally find it easy to fast without food and water since I've unintentionally had done this occasionally when I am working. I could sit and work for straight 18 hours without anything but lots of coffee and cigs (and toilet) just because I am determined to complete the job. So I guess, the real fast for me (and you smokers!) is to conquer these bad habits. What is definately NOT easy is to sit in meditation for at least 12 hours nonstop AND maintaining trance chanting the mantra + focus on our intent.

QUOTE(Bb3 @ Oct 30 2005, 07:40 AM)
I would recommend instead of an exact 24 hour fast that you try something else. After 24 hours allow yourself to return to eating conciousness.
I think this depended on individual intent which vary on the period and purpose of the fast.

My staff in his youth used to practice a similar system (martial art) for 2 years and did a 6 pm - 6 am (12 hours) fast, in non-stop meditation mentally chanting without any break on a weekly basis - as required by the martial art school he used to belong to. Step 1 - of his school system requires 9 days of white fasting, and that's just the basic requirements - just to give you the idea. Internal energies he gathered enabled him to send someone flying across the room for 5 - 10 meters, immunity to sharp objects and other thing of the likes - depending on the intend he's chanting while in these meditations.

This post has been edited by | Kinjo: Oct 29 2005, 11:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DollHouseKitty
post Oct 29 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #15

Göttin Ewig
Group Icon

I don't doubt the sheer force of will, not at all. I just have what you call an "addictice personality", and it's wicked hard for me to quit after 13 years of sucking these hellish things back. I did quit a couple years ago for 8 months, I was actually forced to quit against my own desires, and ended up smoking again out of stress. I know now is the time to really really quit, I'm tired of smelling, and wasting money. It's going to be an even deeper challenge, since one of the people I live with smokes about two packs a day. Hiding in my room with incense going seems to be the most logical solution, lol. I've also considered acupuncture, I've heard alot of success stories with that route.

--------------------
Deep Funk Energy
More Beauty
Phoenix

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 30 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #16

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I'm actually in a no position to suggest anyone to quit since I am a smoker myself, however, if I decide to stop then I may try the above system with the following procedure:

"I am a non-smoker. I HATE smoking. Cigarettes and the smell of it makes me choke and threw up" then turn these keywords into barbarous words/mantra with available other systems.

The next step is depended upon each persons preferences:
1. Conduct a one day white fast , meditate and go to trance while mentally chanting this mantra for 12 hours non-stop.

2. Conduct a 3 days (or x days) of white fast, meditate and go to trance while simultaneusly chanting this mantra for a total of 4 hours (or x hours) a day.

3. Make a new daily habit of skipping a meal or two (or fruit based diet) , go meditate and trance work chanting the mantra for an hour a day.

I experience it myself last night that I infact "actually" DO NOT NEED the nicotines. It is a ONLY a matter of my beliefs and habits, and my current believes is that "I actually like to smoke to kill time or simply enjoy it for myself or socially" and my habit is to have something to puff and hold in my hand. Your current "trance word" is that you believed that "I have an addictive personality". We simply have to reverse and unlearn - that is if WE want to make the change.

Fasting + continued trance chanting with all the theories I've researched and posted above showed that a set of new mind programs and patterns can "easily" be imprinted into the subconscious.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 30 2005, 02:02 AM
Post #17

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Oct 30 2005, 11:16 AM)
... focusing solely chanting the mantra (11.000 times a day) and my intention for doing this.

I did the math on this one. My mantra takes exactly 20 seconds to recite and that would make it 61 hours if I am going to recite it 11.000 times as suggested by the tantric sadhana text. However, I found out later that the text was reffering to a short mantra which takes about 2 - 3 seconds most to recite. Then a total required nonstop trancework would at least be 6 hours. FYI
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Oct 30 2005, 03:24 AM
Post #18

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Oct 29 2005, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE(Bb3 @ Oct 30 2005, 07:40 AM)
I would recommend instead of an exact 24 hour fast that you try something else. After 24 hours allow yourself to return to eating conciousness.
I think this depended on individual intent which vary on the period and purpose of the fast.

Yes, it's more of a general rule. Sometimes I'll break fast early. What I was attempting to say was that ritualistically breaking a 24 hour fast at extactly 24 hours isn't the most thrilling habit to develop.

Just to add on to what you're saying Kinjo, back in the days, many priests would confine themselves to blackened underground cells where they spent years on end, sometimes never emerging. The only sign of life being that the food left for them occasionally disappeared. I may have to go do the light deprivation thing sometime.

You're too right about smoking Kinjo. It's really all in your mind. I haven't smoked in years, it's just a matter of not wanting to smoke anymore. If you really don't want to, you wont. Nuff said.

This post has been edited by Bb3: Oct 30 2005, 03:25 AM

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 30 2005, 08:47 AM
Post #19

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Yup, fasting is not a thrilling habit... think of those delicious foods and drinks and staying in our comfort zones. However, after doing the research, I believe that this is a very small price to "pay" to get what we want.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 31 2005, 03:56 AM
Post #20

Zelator
Group Icon

lovely,
Did you reach some new height kinjo?

I personally feel that trying to digest and remember all that technical stuff, serves only as a means of hinderance in development. Keeping it simple makes more room for the stuff that you want to achieve

Dolhousekitty, I agree a 1000% with this.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 31 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #21

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Only one trial fast so far (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) however, I noted I only need 5 hours sleep for the last few days after the fast so far and woke up with more vitality than my usual 8 hours sleep/day.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Oct 31 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #22

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(| Kinjo @ Oct 30 2005, 09:47 AM)
Yup, fasting is not a thrilling habit... think of those delicious foods and drinks and staying in our comfort zones. However, after doing the research, I believe that this is a very small price to "pay" to get what we want.

On the contrary I tend to look at fasting itself as a rather thrilling habit. Breaking out of ordinary lifestyle, exercising the subconcious mind. Though if you're saying that fasting isn't as pleasant and nice as eating, then I agree 100%. That's a real good benefit of fasting, appreciation of food. Food though loved, is often taken for granted.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Oct 31 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #23

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

I just done 21.00pm - 04.30am torture. The fast started from 18.00pm, however beginning at 21.00pm I sat in trance and chanting meditation until about 00.00am where I can't feel my legs and was painful as hell. I got to try to get up and stretch a bit before continuing with the trance chant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/taz.gif)

At around 01.00am I began to loose fuel, somehow the mantra kept stopping here and there, sometimes I felt lost like I'm having a mind farts which requires me to restart the mantra. Not to mention that I had to change position to so many different asanas for every 15 - 30 minutes since it's killing my legs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wheelchair.gif)

It's noteable that during this almost nonstop marathon, my right side brain (from top to back of the head) starts to feels "heavy" from the result of the chantings, also, a warm energies began to develop from within me.

I meditated infront of my fish pond (with waterfalls) and at times during the chant I withdraw/inhale the water elements and almost immediately feel cold breeze giving me goosebumps.

Even though experienced some mindfarts, LOTS of muscle pains torture during 01.00am - 04.30am, I did manage to single mindedly focus on the chants imbued with my specific intent. It does feels good in the end (that is after I break the fast, had some sandwich, a big glass of orange juice and cigs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)). My mind was clearer and sharper, gained even more vitality.. and hopefully, my intend will come to manifestation - I just got to test result later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif)

Edit:
Just got news. My attempt was in vain since I broke the fast with standing up and changing positions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/06.gif) I forgot it supposed to be a fasting of the body and senses as well... not only the easy fast of the stomach... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry_pissed_off_emoticon.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

This post has been edited by | Kinjo: Oct 31 2005, 10:35 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Nov 12 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #24

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

More info on fasting: Indonesian Shamanic Method of Fastings & Austerities

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Bitcouch
post Oct 18 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #25

Initiate
Group Icon

Master Choa Kok Sui said that fasting increases your will power and concentration. And it also cleans your body in a certain perdio of time. That's why it's advised to do meditation before you eat. Not after you eat. To avoid the chances of getting kundalini syndrome.

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 18 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #26

Zelator
Group Icon

another way of fasting is deprivation of sleep. Imho a lot more powerfull than just leavin out food.

Give the body plenty to eat, but just dont sleep for a few days on end. you will start getting hallucigenic, start seeing things.
very interesting, just try to stay awake.
Just spend your time doing whatever the first days, don't start meditating and working unless you are already really sleepy and tired.
the beginning is all waiting anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This will have a similar effect than when taking psychedelics. making you enter dream states while awake, starting to see things.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Oct 24 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #27

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(A_Smoking_Fox @ Oct 18 2006, 10:08 AM) *
another way of fasting is deprivation of sleep. Imho a lot more powerfull than just leavin out food.

Give the body plenty to eat, but just dont sleep for a few days on end. you will start getting hallucigenic, start seeing things.
very interesting, just try to stay awake.
Just spend your time doing whatever the first days, don't start meditating and working unless you are already really sleepy and tired.
the beginning is all waiting anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This will have a similar effect than when taking psychedelics. making you enter dream states while awake, starting to see things.

I've got absolutely nothing against sleep deprivation; however, to say that it's a more powerful method than fasting is certainly erroneous. For you personally, sleep deprivation may be more powerful, but to another person fasting may be the more powerful method. I've gone seven days with water alone and I'll tell you that it's an act of great will, concentration and a time of immense purification. Furthermore, fasting is also easier to do on a regular basis, it's quite a simple thing to fast once a week for even twelve hours, whereas sleep deprivation can cause any kind of problem if done regularly. Another really effective method would be sight deprivation, lock yourself in pitch black room for 72 hours! Wow, now that would be some crazy good stuff.

All in all fasting really is one of the great methods in breaking away from the everyday world. It has a place of reverence in pretty much every single culture in the world and has proven time and time again to be utterly true. Fasting is very much the sign of one who learns.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Oct 26 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #28

Zelator
Group Icon

i should have said that another way.
sleep deprivation is not really powerfull as fasting, wish is a powerfull tool in itself.

However, i believe sleep deprivation is much more agressive in its nature. But also quite different.
Fasting is more helpfull for meditating and seeking calmness.

Where sleep deprivation is much more energetic and active after a while. The mind really starts to act crazy.
even if you just skip one night of sleep, most of you will probably have experienced this, the mind really starts having a really strange train of mind.
Strange ideas an thoughtforms start to appear seemingly out of nowhere, and eventually there will be even slight hallucinations.

Fasting makes me lightheaded, and weakens my body, it heightens my meditative experiences, it reduces the activity in my mind.

I think therefor that fasting and sleep deprivation are two complete opposites.

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Oct 27 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #29

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(A_Smoking_Fox @ Oct 26 2006, 07:14 PM) *
Fasting makes me lightheaded, and weakens my body, it heightens my meditative experiences, it reduces the activity in my mind.

I think therefor that fasting and sleep deprivation are two complete opposites.

I think that this is highlights the great benefit of fasting. By becoming a proficient faster a person will become much more adept at creating and maintaining energy (purified energy) flow using their mind alone. Meaning, that by fasting one of the goals is to have a normal day without a hint of undimished energy, though it may not be a good idea to go power lift in the middle of a fast. This is, I feel one of the goals of all magical systems and philosophies.

As noted, fasting also creates a heightened sensitivity to meditative journeys as well as to our dreams and by reducing brain activity we learn to identify the 'ego' for what it truly is.

I'm not sure if they're complete opposites but they do attack two very different areas in life. Sight deprivation would attack yet another aspect of ourself. Come to think of it, if I ever become super wealthy I'll open a sight deprivation center, that would be the sweet.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

palindroem
post Oct 27 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #30

Zelator
Group Icon

The system that is our person occupies a huge amount of attention and resources to our bodily functions.
Anytime we willfully (and skillfully) eliminate one of those distractions it puts an extra source of attentivness and resource at our disposal.
Even sight is a distraction. Though I'm not sure what the insurance liability would be for a business that promotes people milling around with thier eyes closed. LOL

--------------------
"My theory is longer, thicker and harder then yours" - Frank Farrelly
(regarding scientific objectivity)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages 1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse