Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Psyvamp Detection
Thorn
post Nov 14 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

Does anyone know of any spells or methods you could use to tell for certain if someone is a psychic vampire?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DarK
post Nov 15 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

There are no particular spells for this, but rather improving your psychic senses would help.

Seeing auras, feeling auras, sensing energy, etc... helps know whose a psychic attacker.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Nov 15 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

Everyone is a psychic vampire to some extent, we're taught by our parents and siblings early on, in most cases. Some people, rare individuals, are completely whole and so don't need to be, but if you have to ask, you're probably not one of them.

Detecting a psyvamp, that said, is easy. Anytime you feel emotionally drained by a person, anytime you are guilted into making a choice by a person, any time you want to put your energy in one direction but end up putting it into a person, that's psychic vampirism. There's a stigma associated with that term, but ultimately, people steal energy from one another, it's the human condition. Maintain power over your emotions and actions, and anytime that power is weakened, you're in the presence of a psyvamp - although remember that they may not always be aware. Either call them out, or understand why they are doing it.

Most couples are mutual psyvamps, for instance. It's destructive, yes, but part of the destruction is beneficial in that it teaches us how to be whole, what we are lacking. But, if one person is directing their energy at, say, a term paper, and the other is low on energy because they lost it all during the course of a bad day, there's nothing wrong with sparing a little energy to comfort them, and there's nothing wrong with their taking it.

On the other hand, let's say you are about to go, say, feed the homeless at a shelter, and your girlfriend throws a pity party that you aren't going to stay home and feed her bon bons while you two watch a ramantic comedy. You feel bad, so you give up going to do good deeds in order to sate her demands. She just stole your energy, when it could have gone to better use. If she had plenty of her own energy, she wouldn't need you to stick around all day when you could be doing more constructive things.

It's not all metaphysical jargon and abstract concepts. Keep it simple, energy is NOT complicated, don't overcomplicate it. Pay attention to living and all of this stuff will make perfect sense in short order. Meditate regularly, and your senses will eventually fill in the details like auras, etc., but you're going to use your own subjective vocabulary for it anyway.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

buddhasmash
post Nov 15 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thorn @ Nov 15 2006, 12:06 AM) *
Does anyone know of any spells or methods you could use to tell for certain if someone is a psychic vampire?

I personally don't have any experience in this department, but a friend of mine makes this recommendation: Practice reading and detecting auras. If you try to read a person's aura and feel an odd psychic pulling sensation, like energy in the atmosphere is being pulled towards that person, they may be a psyvamp.

+Quote Post

Thorn
post Nov 16 2006, 08:49 PM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Thanks for all the advice, very helpful. The particular case I'm worried about isn't a prominent attacker.. I dont actually think they are aware of the extent of what they can do yet, but more as a pre-defence if the need arises. I'm trying to be able to tel for sure if it's something I need to watch out for in future.

+Quote Post

DarK
post Nov 16 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thorn @ Nov 16 2006, 06:49 PM) *
Thanks for all the advice, very helpful. The particular case I'm worried about isn't a prominent attacker.. I dont actually think they are aware of the extent of what they can do yet, but more as a pre-defence if the need arises. I'm trying to be able to tel for sure if it's something I need to watch out for in future.

You can always do a banishing ritual to protect you from psychic attacks, and that is if you know you're a victim to these attacks. As said above, the aftermath of psychic draining may make you feel lethargic most oft.

ps. if you really think you need a banishing ritual, I have a good one, so just pm me. But I don't think you'd need one unless you were sure you're a victim of attack.

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Nov 16 2006, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Nov 18 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #7

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

It's worth pointing out that psi-vamps themselves tend to be able to detect other psi-vamps, although I have no clue how we do it.

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse