Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Identifying an Angel..., Can someone help?
syn0sure
post Nov 23 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

(Hi - I'm new. First post! Yay!)

But I came here to ask about an angel - I guess I should start at the beginning.

It was during my "awakening" I suppose - when I was becoming more and more aware of spiritual things around me, when I had a dream (they're all usually straight forward, so I don't think this was symbollic at all) - I was in a garden, and seeking out someone - and when I found him, he was an angel. I forget even how I knew - He was floating just a bit above me.

He wore long white robes with a red cross upon them. I can't really remember what he looked like, or what he said (he said something very cryptic) and then I was awoken as if someone had dropped me/pushed me on the bed.

Is there any way of identifying angels by the garments they wear? Colors?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Dec 2 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Theurgist
Group Icon

Usually no. Angels like most spirits change shape and appearance, often appearing the best way that they can relate to you. So they greatly vary by individual. Colors are often a good way to get a "area" that the angel relates to but unless you have some back ground in color associations it is not always cut and dry.

Your best bet is to just ask him next time you see him. If he is important to you and your path he will come around again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

syn0sure
post Dec 12 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Initiate
Group Icon

I see. Well it's been driving me bananas.... Since he appeared to me in a dream would it be possible to seek him out during a Lucid Dream?

I don't do the whole invoking/evoking/whatever thing, so my options are limited (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Nosotro Tehuti
post Dec 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey all, this is m first post.

It seems to me that most entities have at least one, sometimes very subtle, clue as to their identity. Something about them that is constsnt while everything else changes from person to person.
My expeirience with Metatron, for an example, is that he has a very powerful luminesence. No other entity I've encountered has this particular trait. It identifies him immediatley.
Could it be that the Red cross on a white background is such for your entity?
These colors in this pattern are closely associated with the Knights Templar. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to this group, but I'd be willing to bet they have their own
'patron' entities. If so, maybe you could look into this, and any entities with more than one similarity could be included in a list of figures for deeper study.
I've had a number of intelligences present themselves with very little clues to their identity, and I've found that the most obvious clues are the hardest to pin point.
The beings of this 'higher existence' rarely make things easy for us travelers on the path.
As far as the mention of the Tarot above, I think maybe some meditation on said cards would reveal valuable info. Good Luck. I'm sure this entity, if it's important, will reveal itself to you eventually.

--------------------

ILAT ENKI, IMHAS INA LIBBU INE SU'ATI AMELNAKRU MANNU EMU SHU GUSHTUKUL ELI INA DINGIR!

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Dec 26 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #5

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif) welcome syn0sure and seraphim! always be sure to 'discern the spirit' when meeting new entities - a simple 'gut check' for no 'bad feelings' will usually suffice - it might possibly be 'saint germain', a templar and ascended master.

This post has been edited by esoterica: Dec 26 2005, 09:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Dec 28 2005, 05:04 AM
Post #6

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Greetings ....From my experiences (nobody's experiences are the same ... hence why I state it is from my experiences) I find that higher entities can adopt ANY appearance they wish. They appear as the seem fit for the situation you are in.

All higher entities seem to exist in the same flux or existence once they reach a certain energy level. All archangels, angels, ascended masters ... whatever ... all seem to merge into one identity/one form ... they all become parts of each other. Therefore this oneness can choose what expression of itself it wishes to communicate with lower facets.

To me ... it matters not who you are or who I are ... or who any human being is .... the most IMPORTANT entity/angel you can wish to meet is your self .. your true self ... your own angelic expression.

This angelic expression is also part of the same flux as all the ones gone before and all the archangels. It is more than possible that your own angelic expression can and will adopt the form of something else to grab your attention. For at the start of this magical trail the last entity which you wish to communicate with is your self. You would be disappointed if all you met with was yourself eh?

However, as you wander the twists and turns of the path, you come to realise the only entity you wish to meet or trust is in fact your self or your true self .....!!!!

For in truth there is only one angelic expression which knows more about you or where you are going or what you really need than your self.

It is more than likely that the entity you met is your own true self ... your higher self!!!

More often than not I now chant a mantra made up of my own earthly name to summon my own true self. I find I gain much more instruction by doing this than by trying to summon something else. Nine times out of ten when an entity meets me on my journey matching that which I called ... it turns out to be my own angelic expression ... my own true self in disguise ....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Dec 28 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #7

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mr_Merlin @ Dec 28 2005, 06:04 AM)
snip

More often than not I now chant a mantra made up of my own earthly name to summon my own true self. I find I gain much more instruction by doing this than by trying to summon something else. Nine times out of ten when an entity meets me on my journey matching that which I called ... it turns out to be my own angelic expression ... my own true self in disguise ....

snip

neat idea! i must try that

hmmm..how would one discern it once it came?

'are you me?' seems a bit too lame!

as we are all complex energy patterns (harmonics and all), i suppose comparing energy fields would suffice

very interesting

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Seraphina
post Oct 12 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Congrats on your first post!!! ok.. now to your question...
Red is symbolic normally if i'm correct - with Michael the archangel. Please look into something called the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram... this is a ritual used to call the four archangels aka quarters for normal wiccan ceremonies. The colors represented by these four archangels, Michael, Raphael, Ariel, and Uriel - are representative of each of these angels. Since your color was red - i would say it's Michael - but i have a tendency of getting Michael Uriel and Ariel mixed... so double check for me.
best wishes,
sera

QUOTE(syn0sure @ Nov 23 2005, 07:25 PM) *
(Hi - I'm new. First post! Yay!)

But I came here to ask about an angel - I guess I should start at the beginning.

It was during my "awakening" I suppose - when I was becoming more and more aware of spiritual things around me, when I had a dream (they're all usually straight forward, so I don't think this was symbollic at all) - I was in a garden, and seeking out someone - and when I found him, he was an angel. I forget even how I knew - He was floating just a bit above me.

He wore long white robes with a red cross upon them. I can't really remember what he looked like, or what he said (he said something very cryptic) and then I was awoken as if someone had dropped me/pushed me on the bed.

Is there any way of identifying angels by the garments they wear? Colors?

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse