Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages< 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Necronomicon BooksNec Simon Version / other versions, Where can I find it? Different type Nec books.
nebo82
post Sep 10 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #61

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(DeathStalker @ Sep 10 2006, 07:02 PM) *
I've seen many Necronomicon books of various authors, of most famous including Lovecraft and Simon. My question is which one of these books has the most information, and which is most closely related to the original copy made in the Arab language and transfered to Latin? I've heard many people say: " i have the best/real version of the Necronomicon, it has no author name on it and its very rare" but all it does is confuse me. I've also heard someone say: " I have a version of the 12,000 page Necronomicon ".
So what is the actual "best, or most precise and informative" work of the Necronomicon?

The Hay turer and imperum are admited hoxes Simon in his "Dead names" persents a good report of his MS being real.
Now 12,000 pg lets see by known book binding that be about 12 to 24 volumes and say writeing a pg every 1/2 hour
will have been 6000 hours at an eaght hour day of constant writeing be 750 days or 2 years 20 days.

Nebo

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 10 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #62

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(nebo82 @ Sep 11 2006, 12:08 AM) *
The Hay turer and imperum are admited hoxes Simon in his "Dead names" persents a good report of his MS being real.
Now 12,000 pg lets see by known book binding that be about 12 to 24 volumes and say writeing a pg every 1/2 hour
will have been 6000 hours at an eaght hour day of constant writeing be 750 days or 2 years 20 days.

Nebo

I agree with Nebo. Any Necronomicon that does not have Simons name on it is garbage. Actually its worse than garbage as garbage smells much better.

Peace

This post has been edited by smasher666: Sep 10 2006, 11:02 PM

+Quote Post

DarK
post Sep 11 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #63

Zelator
Group Icon

I've lurked about and found a version of the Necronomicon by Simon which seems to be a good copy, but it's a 3rd edition.
here is the link to it:
http://www.amazon.com/Necronomicon-Simon/d...ie=UTF8&s=books

Any comments about the book...is this a good one? or should i get the 1st edition? I want to get a very clean copy of the Necronomicon with the closest translations from the Latin text. And is the amount of money descent for that?

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 11 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #64

Smasher666
Group Icon

What edition it is should not matter. Just get the one edited by Simon. It sells for about $6.99 in Barnes and Nobles. U will not be disappointed.

Peace

+Quote Post

dedicated 2 u
post Sep 16 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #65

Initiate
Group Icon

I bought a Turkish translated version of Necronomicon named ' The Book of the Dark World'. The author is H.G. Ginger. The book is dedicated to Aleister Crowley. I couldn't find anything about the author on the net.. Does any of you know something about him and his Necronomicon?

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 17 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #66

Smasher666
Group Icon

At first I thought you were talking about the artist H.G. GIger's Necronomicon. I found H.G. Ginger's Necronomicon finally but it is all in Turkish.

My wife is Turkish so I plan to buy this book and get her to translate it. Is your version in Turkish or English?

Peace

This post has been edited by smasher666: Sep 17 2006, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post

Arcangle90
post Sep 18 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #67

Neophyte
Group Icon

Since John Dee supposedly had a copy of the Necronomicon in his possession. Are the gates referred to in the necronomicon system similar to the aethyrs in the enochican system?

+Quote Post

bym
post Sep 18 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #68

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Absolutely not! The connection between Dee and the Necronomicon , IMHO, doesn't exist other than by a newage twist.
The Enochian Aethyrs (30) are a different series of pathworking. Don't get the two confused! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif)

PS: http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/essa...nosticTrail.htm

http://www.mysterymag.com/earthmysteries/?...D=120&artID=405

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/s...cronomicon.html

just a few of the internet sources...
From what I understand, Colin Wilson was the hoakster involved with the Dee-Necronomicon connection. As far as I can tell, the Necronomicon is a twentieth century invention, all other references of older texts are just that, other, older texts. I believe that the present day Necronomicon can be used (in a Chaos magicians way) very effectively. Good luck...and happy excavating! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by bym: Sep 18 2006, 09:32 AM

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Arcangle90
post Sep 18 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #69

Neophyte
Group Icon

Cool! Thanks!

This post has been edited by Arcangle90: Sep 18 2006, 11:21 AM

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 18 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #70

Smasher666
Group Icon

My wife translated the books review into English for us. It appears to be a Turkish version of Simon’s Necronomicon. I will order it just to find out.
Here is the site my wife translated from.
http://kitap.antoloji.com/kitap.asp?kitap=226884
Kabala’nın yaratılmasından çok önce tapınılan ve çağırılan eski çağlara ait güçler vardır. Bunlar Sümer inancındaki kadimlerdir ve Aleister Crowley’in majisinde ve H.P. Lovecraft’ın mitosunda yaşarlar. Dünyayı bir kez daha yönetmek için kapının hemen ardında beklemektedirler.

Uzun süredir kayıp olan sihirbazın elkitabı, büyülü sözler ve çağırışlar, ruhları defetme ve bağlama yollarını içerir. Ama bunlar düşüncesizce kullanılmamalıdır. Sadece, Abdül Alhazret’in, Kara Dünyanın Kitabı’nı tamamlamasına engel olan kaderini bile düşünmemiz yeterlidir.

Ve hatırla ki, Necronomicon’da çağrılan güçler için etkili bertaraf ediciler yoktur. “Necronomicon’un majisi kurcalanacak bir şey değildir ve seni baş edemeyeceğin psikolojik güçlere maruz bırakabilir. Şunu daima hatırla, eğer efsunlar konusunda acemice davranırsan uyarılacaksın.”

Bu kitap ile ilgili görüş ve düşüncenizi diğer kitapseverler ile paylaşmak için buraya tıklayın

Here is my wife’s translation.

There are forces that have been summoned and believed in before even kabala vas founded and these forces still live in the believers of the ancient Sumerian religion, in Aleister Crowley’s magic and in Lovecraft myths.

The long lost magicians handbook contains magical words and summonings, bannishings and bindings of spirits but these should not be used irresponsibly. Thinking about what has happened to Abdul Alhazred and why he could not finish his ‘the book of the dark world’ is an indication enough.

And remember, there is no effective way to get rid of the spirits summoned if done not right. The magic of Necronomicon should not be something to mess around with and could lead to psychological forces that one cannot cope with. Remember this, if you act irresponsibly towards the ancient ones, you will be warned.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 18 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #71

Smasher666
Group Icon

Here is the first page of our friend Simon's Necronomicon to compare to my wifes translation.

Cthulhu calls.

There are primeval forces that were worshipped and summoned long before the creation of the Qabala. They are the ancient ones of SUmerian faith and they live on in the magick of ALiester Crowley and the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft. They wait beyond the gate ready to rule the Earth again.

This long lost sorcerers handbook contains incantations and conjurations exorcisms and bindings. But they are not to be used lightly. We can only guess what horrible fate prevented Abdul Alhaztred from completing this book of the black Earth. And remember there are no effective banishings for the forces invoked in the Necronomicon.

The Necronomicon's magick is nothing to fool with and it may expose you to psychological forces with which you can not cope. Remember if you tinker with the incantations you were warned.

Sounds very simular to my wifes translation. Either the guy changed it a little bit or something was lost from being translated from English to Turkish and then back to English. Certainly sounds like the preface to Simon's Necronomicon however.

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Sep 20 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #72

Zelator
Group Icon

Th e Necronomicon of John Dee is NOT the Necronomicon most often spoken of. It is a Middle Age type of spell book that is likely fabricated by a HP LOvecraft ethusiast. DONOT get that Necro confused w/ the Simon Necro. A companion issue w/ the false Necro is the R'lyeh Text, which is also available--SKOOB ESOTERICA is the publisher of the false one!

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR NUDIMMUD KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR OANNES KANPA!

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Sep 20 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #73

Zelator
Group Icon

Smasher, I will finish what I started! I only got to writting the 50 names by hand! But I agree--by you writting your own copy by hand--you have made the book a part of you! MASTER ENKI-REMEMBER ME!!!

Also you can add anything you have discovered/uncovered into your own personal text(keeping in mind that you must let it be known that you have added them notes!)

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 20 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #74

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings 'Suxur-Mash596',

Here are a couple more pages of the four directional Gates / Watchtowers and a close up of one of my favorite paragraphs.

Post a pic of your book brother.

Peace

+Quote Post

deep
post Sep 29 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #75

Initiate
Group Icon

hey
i have two questions which i would love someone to help me with....i seem to have only found half of the NEC by simon, does anyone no where i can get a full version of it on the internet? and i remeber reading in the forum about meditateing on sigils and that you have to stare at it, but i cant meditate with my eyes open so id like to no if theirs any other ways to meditate on a sigil without having to stare at it?

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 29 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #76

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

You can buy it in Barnes and Nobles for $6.99. It is best to own a copy as the book is a powerful amulet in itself. You can memorize the seals and envision them in your minds eye in white light. It is a good way to connect with the forces.

Peace.

+Quote Post

deep
post Sep 30 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #77

Initiate
Group Icon

thanks

+Quote Post

WisdomSeeker
post Sep 30 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #78

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello:
Is there a relationship that any of you have noticed between LIL (lord of the thirty Aires in the Enochian system) and En-LIL or Lord-LIL, lord of the winds in the sumerian?

(En just means lord)

Traveller

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Sep 30 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #79

Zelator
Group Icon

I agree w/ Smasher, buy a copy in paper--keep the PC version for File/information covenience--but not as the main source. I have heard to copy the book in your own writting is another way to connect w/ the Spirit of the book---mainly Master Enki. I still must do that myself--so that is hearsay --but it makes sense-right?

Good luck bro---just stay grounded, always grounded...................

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!

+Quote Post

exodustruth
post Oct 2 2006, 01:11 AM
Post #80

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nishiki @ Aug 24 2006, 01:54 AM) *
I am planning to translate the Simon Necronomicon into Chinese and send to a publisher.

Does anyone know if this violate the copyright?

But if the texts is as ancient as "Simon" claimed to be, it supposedly does not have any copyright, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

If i'm not mistaken it was proven that the necronomicon was all a hoax anyways.

I believe this would be copyright infringment..

This post has been edited by Radiant Star: Oct 2 2006, 01:14 AM

+Quote Post

nyechna
post Oct 2 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #81

Neophyte
Group Icon

I believe Schlangenkraft hold the copyright for the entire book, so you would be in breach of copyright.

Well, that´s what it says inside the book at any rate

--------------------
Day of Living, Rising Sun,
Day of Plenty, Gracious Sun,
Day of Perfect, Grand Delight
Day of Fortune, Brilliant Night

+Quote Post

Angalor
post Oct 2 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #82

Zelator
Group Icon

I think proper translation of the book is handled by the publisher themselves. In any case, even if there are numerous editions of the same book, chances are, Simon has put into it his own wording, editing notes, foot notes and such. Either way, I'd actually contact the publisher and find out the actual copyright issues. You may think that your are translating the necronomicon itself, but you may come to find out that you are actually plagiarizing someone's works. You might also want to pick up a few other editions of the book to see if there are any differences in the type itself.

--------------------
By ignorance is pride increased; those most assume know the least. ~Gay
Angalor.com

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Oct 2 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #83

Smasher666
Group Icon

The copyright of any book belongs to whoever filed for the copyright. "Simon." Any re-print regardless of language and even quoting passages without the authors permission is a violation of federal law. He could sue you for any profits and you could go to jail, If you get his permission and probably you would need to give him a percentage of the profits that is the only way it could be done legally.

Plagiarism is against federal law.

+Quote Post

Penny_Lane
post Oct 19 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #84

Neophyte
Group Icon

I have a PDF copy which I found on the Net, but it has a lot of typographical errors so I use it only for a quick reference. My first, beloved copy is an old paperback. I would love to copy some of it in my own writing, but my handwriting is so illegible that it would be of little value (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bigwink.gif)

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Oct 19 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #85

Smasher666
Group Icon

Penny Lane is right. The online versions contain horrible mispellings some of which even seem deliberate. A very bad way to conjure as you do not know what you are actually saying.

Zi DIngir Gibil Kanpa!

+Quote Post

Shabatai
post Oct 19 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #86

Neophyte
Group Icon

i think your just supposed to stare at it to get a mental image of it then you meditate on it in your minds eye.

+Quote Post

DarkGoddess
post Oct 19 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #87

Neophyte
Group Icon

The best thing about the .PDF version is that you can print out the sigils and it makes them easier to trace (at least for me) without railing the binding on the paperback.

--------------------
To these I turn, in these I trust;
Brother Lead and Sister Steel.
To his blind power I make appeal;
I guard her beauty clean from rust.

He spins and burns and loves the air,
And splits a skull to win my praise;
But up the nobly marching days
She glitters naked, cold and fair.

Sweet Sister, grant your soldier this;
That in good fury he may feel
The body where he sets his heel
Quail from your downward darting kiss.

+Quote Post

redhand
post Oct 19 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #88

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(bym @ Sep 18 2006, 11:06 AM) *
Absolutely not! The connection between Dee and the Necronomicon , IMHO, doesn't exist other than by a newage twist.
The Enochian Aethyrs (30) are a different series of pathworking. Don't get the two confused! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif)

PS: http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/essa...nosticTrail.htm

http://www.mysterymag.com/earthmysteries/?...D=120&artID=405

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/s...cronomicon.html

just a few of the internet sources...
From what I understand, Colin Wilson was the hoakster involved with the Dee-Necronomicon connection. As far as I can tell, the Necronomicon is a twentieth century invention, all other references of older texts are just that, other, older texts. I believe that the present day Necronomicon can be used (in a Chaos magicians way) very effectively. Good luck...and happy excavating! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

+Quote Post

redhand
post Oct 19 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #89

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Traveller @ Sep 30 2006, 10:37 PM) *
Hello:
Is there a relationship that any of you have noticed between LIL (lord of the thirty Aires in the Enochian system) and En-LIL or Lord-LIL, lord of the winds in the sumerian?

(En just means lord)
Traveller

A more literal interpitation would be 'Lord of the Command" since the "Lord Wind " interpitation has now been disputed, being that Enlil also Ellil was the name of a chief Diety in Babylonia. As for the differences between EnliI and Lord lil I would consider them the same, yet the proper would be Enlil.

This post has been edited by redhand: Oct 19 2006, 06:33 PM

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Oct 22 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #90

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcangle90 @ Sep 18 2006, 09:11 AM) *
Since John Dee supposedly had a copy of the Necronomicon in his possession. Are the gates referred to in the necronomicon system similar to the aethyrs in the enochican system?

Greetings

If you look at the sigals in the book of 50 names and compair them with the sigals in Dr.Dee's "Tuba Verus" one can only wonder
if Dee may have see an MS of the Simon necro.
This book was hardly known back in the 70's so it's hard to say if Simon seen it if not then the MS Simon clames to exist dos in fact exist.

Nebo

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
5 Pages< 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse