Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dimensions, How Many?
Night
post Oct 23 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

i was sitting in my chair and i was wondering how many different dimensions there were and i was wanting to know so i thought i would ask your opinions and see what you all think and why. me personally i think that there are millions or more i always thought of the dimensions as a sheet of paper that each one is one dimension but if you stack several thousand sheets one on top another you have a dimension that moves through all the rest. And i heard something about a type of reality that warps space so that an entire universe could fit into the space of a box or something but i don't know quantum mechanics either so i don't know the exact so maybe you guys could enlighten me with how this could be possible and your ideas.

Thanks,
night

--------------------
knowledge is power but we need the wisdom to use that power correctly.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DarK
post Oct 25 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't think that question could be fathomed. Its like asking where God came from or something in that manner.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Oct 25 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Practicus
Group Icon

You'd be surprised, actually, how few 'dimensions' there are.

Now, be fore warned, this is all theory, not hard fact, however there is a whole lot of evidence for it, and the theory does coincide with the experiences that we have when we astral project, or scan the Akashic Record.

In quantum theory, there are lots of explanations for how 'many' dimensions there are, but one of more prominent sugests Ten physical dimensions. Three of them we experience in daily life, length, width, and depth - the dimensions of physical space - along with a fourth 'resultant' dimension of time, which is on the border between objective and subjective.

The subjective dimensions are six tiny dimensions, so called because they measure the various directions that a Quantum can move.

Behind all of these dimensions is, according to one very popular theory, an 11th 'dimension' that is udnerneath those ten dimensions, called the Quantum Potential Field. Not familiar? Let's call it the Astral. What do we know about the astral? It is the energetic 'half' of the universe in which all energy exists holographically at one point. When in the astral, one's thoughts and consciousness are unobstructed by physical limitations. People often talk of astral 'realms' or such like, but ultimately these are navigation devices, not the hard reality of it.

The six dimensions are so small because a quatum is the smallest physical part of the universe, so far - a quantum may have components to it, but we haven't needed to theorize about that yet, and certainly haven't observed them - but it is so small, and acts in such a different manner than 'matter' as we commonly know it that we have to measure it differently, with theoretical dimensions more suited to how it moves.

Now, the rest of this is outside the scientific thinking of the matter, this is purely observation through the Akashic/Astral record, where it is difficult to keep subjectivity out of the way. However, it can really help to have a loose idea of how all this ties into magick, etc, given where we're at.

There is the unified Quantum Field - the Subtle Universe, the Astral, the Akashic Record, etc. - which manifests itself into Physical Reality and experience as a hologram. It is light which has been wound into matter. That field of potential must manifest in stages in order to create a cohesive universe - and the first stage is Quanta (plural of Quantum). Those quanta vibrate and interact with one another in a few different ways, resulting in matter. Matter combines in varying quantities and we recieve the Elements, which bond together to create the substances that we can observe and experience, including ourselves, our planet, everything on it, the stars in the sky, and everything else in space, including space itself.

Those six dimensions govern subtle qualities of the universe. The Four Dimensions govern our experience within that universe. A unified Eleventh dimension is in the background of all of it. Sound familiar? If not, check out the Tree of Life and Emnationist theory...

A dimension is a direction, roughly. Up, down; Left right; Back and Forth; Progression through time - four dimensions. Quanta can move in six OTHER directions with no good comparison in Gross physical reality. Those six dimensions add a subjective aspect to the universe for consciousness. They manifest the conscious aspect of the universe, a sort of interlacing effort which makes everything in the universe alive, and makes everything move according to certain laws of dimensional geometry. It is because of this system that we can manifest paranormal experiences.

A dimension is NOT, a 'place' in which something 'exists'. Any perception of entities existing in other 'dimensions' is the observation of an entity through the Astral Universe. That entity exists in a different 'phase' of reality, not a different dimension. There is more than one Universe, but this again, does not constitute a different dimension, because it does not suggest a direction of movement in reality. There are most certainly an infinite number of universes, though, yes.

That's maybe a little confusing, but i'd be happy to explain anything that doesn't make sense.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 25 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #4

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Very nice I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quantum physics is comparible to the sephiroth tree of life in which the kabbalist study what they beleive to be the anatomy of God. In terms of quantum physics - the anatomy of god could said to be the subtle reality of the universe, the nuts and bolts of the super structure so to speak. Now we can switch directions and take a look at what Anceint cultures and the Hindu and Orientals think. There are quite a few differences as well as similarities. What these theories amount to are models that represent the body of the entire universe broken down into layers that correspond to nature on a universal level.

While quantum physics itself is a relatively new feild, some of the concepts presented by it are not. I think in order to truely grasp the scale of subtle reality one should constantly recognize that we are not apart from the universe. I remember when I first started studying mysticism and all its intricle facets I actually was being subconcsiously unaware that I was dissociating myself from reality. Point is we not apart from the universe but rather a part of it and I think we should constantly remind ourselves of this obvious fact that we constantly seem to forget.

Quantum physics is taking a scientific, mathmatical, approach to what mystics have been trying to understand for thousands of years. If quantum physics is studying the body of the universe I believe it is leaving out the "mind" of the universe - probably because the study hasn't encountered it yet. And that may take a very long time to comprehend let alone scientifically quantify. In my own mind I think there is the possibility of other dimentions and these messure some kind of divine intellect, perhaps even our own. I think people would speed the process up a lot faster if they consider all models that represent a subtle reality and not just stay stuck in rigid science. Tthis very converstation, in part, explains why I believe in magick.

In all reality nobody can tell you for certain how many layers there are to our existance, let alone how many forces compile it all. But people can show you models and present concepts that express ideas of a subtle existance. None are true, all are permissible.

This post has been edited by Acid09: Oct 25 2006, 01:51 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Night
post Oct 25 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

thank you for your responses they were very helpful and i actually understand them. i believe in magic because i believe that because the anything can be created in the astral and with enough effort it could be manifested here. we have no real way of knowing how the worlds work and so anything is possible.

i never studied quantum physics but i am looking forward to it.

thanks again,
night

--------------------
knowledge is power but we need the wisdom to use that power correctly.

+Quote Post

DarK
post Oct 25 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

This is very interesting, I never took into consideration to learn much about dimensions just yet for I thought they couldn't be fathomed. I've added your posts into my notepads to go over them and im going to try and find books on the matter, i'll post what I find from search.

Again thanks for the contributions, I think this is a very good topic for this forum.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Oct 26 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Practicus
Group Icon

You may be interested to know that there are theories now in progress which in fact do explore the idea of a universal mind. The Holographic Paradigm is the root of the Quantum Potential Field hypothesis. The basic idea is that underneath the Quanta the make up the first layer of 'matter' is a field of potential energy directly comparable to the Asral Plane (according to the correlations between what i've studied and what i've experienced, at least, I don't think you'll get a scientist to say that just yet, and they'll probably stick to some technical term anyway, you know how those types love to bicker of semantics). This energy is thought to be holographic, and offers and explanation to how two particles can interact from different points in space without the need to exchange information through the physical medium of space - they interact holographically in the QPF, where they litterally exist at the same point in space.

This, in connection to a new theory about consciousness in the brain, give some interesting tid-bits for contemplation. We used to think that the brain stored memories - that's all experience including learned skills, etc. - in a specific area of the brain, one of the temporal lobes, or both I forget exactly (haha, ironically (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), where it was believed for a while that, for instance, if you're thinking of peanut butter cookies, a particular group of neurons representing that memory, and the associated memories, would 'light up', and that activity was in direct correlation with the 'memory object' specifically. Now, we're not so sure - it turns out that you can remove that portion of the brain, and STILL have the memory, although it tends to get a bit fuzzy the more of the brain you remove. it's been tested on animals (unfortunate, but that's how it goes) and been found that all memories seems to be distributed evenly throughout the brain, holographically.

For those not familiar, it is called 'holographic' because of the science of holographic images. A strip of holographic film is embedded with the 3-dimensional image of an object by splitting one laser into two streams, bouncing one, diffused, off of the object in question, say an apple, and the other off of the film and onto the object. the film, by means i'm not totally familiar with enough to explain cohesively, picks up that interference pattern and stores it much like regular film stores a normal image. Afterwards, when a laser is projected through the film, a three dimensional image appears in the air on the other side - which can be very, very convincing to the point that you really can't tell it's not solid unless you reach out and pass your hand through it. The interesting quality of holographic images, is that you can cut that one peice of film in half, or quarters, or sixteenths even, ad infinitum, and you when a laser is passed through any smaller peice of the film, the entire image appears! The smaller the peices of the original get, the more diffuse the image is, but it's still all there.

So, holographic memory, and the QPF are both based on the same prinicple notion - that any individual 'part' of the whole, contains the entirety of the information in the undivided whole.

Think again of the idea that individual consciousness is a 'bubble' within the greater consciousness of (God, the Force, Etc.) and take into account this holographic principle. Meditate on that for a while, and see what you come up with. Quite fascinating indeed...

Think of a river, with a whirlpool between mounds of rock. The whirlpool is distinct, but it's difficult to tell where it begins and the river ends. It's seemingly independant movement makes it appear distinct, but it is still made of the same water, spun up into a pattern that sustains itself.

I love the idea that science is now beginning to move into a place that borders on spiritual. Certainly some people will say that because we understand it, it is no longer spiritual, but those people have no souls. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

fascinating!

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 26 2006, 11:28 AM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)

In respect to holographs the human mind could be compared to one of those smaller pieces and the universe is the holographic projection. The smaller or less developed the brain, the smaller the image of the universe is. So I wonder what kind of creatures can see more of the proverbial apple than we can? Perhaps what we miss is that all layers of the universe can correspond to a layer of concsiousness.

Facinating stuff indeed!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DarK
post Oct 27 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #9

Zelator
Group Icon

And these Universes fall under "Causal" and "Acausal".

Now the following may not fully relate to how many "deminsions" there are, but through search for the matter I found this interesting to know.

The Dark Gods exist in the acausal realm and this realm is joined to our causal, physical universe in two ways - first, through Star Gates which are regions of space-time where the two universes intersect, and second, in the medium of our minds since certain levels of consciousness in their very nature are "gates". Archetypes are to our causal perception simply ordered elements of some of the energy present in various forms in the acausal universe.

The acausal universe itself may be described as that aspect of the cosmos bounded by acausal time and possessing more than three spatial dimenions; the causal universe may be described as that aspect of the cosmos bounded by causal, or linear, time and possessing three spatial dimensions at right angles to each other.

The entities known to esoteric tradition as the Dark Gods are beings which exist in the acausal universe. Other such beings probably exist in the acausal realm, but the Dark Gods are known to us through having, at various times in our evolution, 'intruded' into our spatial universe.

It is possible for individuals, by virtue of the nature of consciousness, to open pathways to the acausal by various methods and thus draw into our phenomenal world various acausal energies or forces. Such forces, due to the nature of the acausal, are often seen to be from our point of view "evil" or negative.

Three types of drawing down are possible. i) localized of an individual on a small scale of small energies; ii) of certain powerful forces or entities to physical manifestation in our universe; iii) returning to our planet and universe the race of beings known as the Dark Gods - tradition knows some of these beings by names such as Atazoth, Shugara, Athushir, Budsturga and Gaubni.

The first and second forms of drawing down involve those pathways residing (mostly dormant) in the mind, while the third involves the Star Gates themselves of which three are known to us as areas in space near the stars Dabih, Naos and Algol. Physical travel to the acausal is possible through these Gates, but it is nevertheless possible to draw through them by various methods of powerful ritual the Dark Gods themselves, the time and stars being aligned aright.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 27 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #10

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

a way to explain the possibility of "divine" intervention or visitations as well evoking and invoking spirits and astral projection, bi-location, remote viewing and so on.

Whats interesting to consider is that maybe we are souls that evolve through existing in this linear reality and that so long as we remain constant in our achievement we remain stuck in the casual universe, as you described. But perhaps if a soul strives for trancendance it can learn to shake off the shackles of linear continuation through various lives (and possibly life forms) and become an acausal being. Like a catapiller transforms into a butterfly. Then again it is just as possible that acasual beings can only exist as such for so long before their essence returns to a casual form. Thus existance is one giant cycle litterally of life (evolution) and death (transformation) - like the butterfly.

Its all hard stuff to contemplate yet simply doing so may be the catalyst that causes accention.

This post has been edited by Acid09: Oct 27 2006, 04:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse