Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Watcher Bandar, Questions / Ask Here Experiances / Tell Here
MagicIsMight
post Jun 9 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello,

I am new to the Necronomicon and have been researching the tome for over three months. Since I am well-versed in Ceremonial Magick, I found the idea of the Watcher quite fascinating.

It is remarkable how the tome almost promises that this being will indeed show up after you invoke it--immediately after, that is. It says, "At this point the watcher WILL SURELY (emphasis added) come and WILL (emphasis added) stand outside the Gate or Circle until shuch time as he is given the lisence to depart etc" that is found on page 73 of the Simon Necronomicon.

It was also interesting to note that in some instances it will appear in the form of a "fierce dog" and that the presence of this being is to be feared. Since I have an understanding of the evocation of the spirits, one of the necessary components of a worthwhile evocation is making a connection with the spirit (in whatever way the magician sees fit). But in this case there really is no preparation at all. I mean, you call the Watcher and he appears or manifests after the magician makes the necessary preparations with the offerings etc.

My question is for those who have a deeper understanding of the Necronomicon. When you invoked the Watcher for the first time did he manifest slowly or show up immediately? In other words, did you have to call him up several times (as is the case with stubborn spirits) or did invoking him once do the trick? Is this an instance of magick where all one has to do is basically call forth the being and "beleive it to be there" (like is the case with archangelic invocations and calling forth the elements) or does the priest actually have to get it to physically manifest? In the case of archangelic invocations after some time their presence becomes very powerful, indeed. Does the Watcher manifest every time when invoked (is it a mechanic process)? Or does the Watcher need repeated conjurations or invocations to arrive? Is one reading of the invocation enough to get the Watcher to arrive or do you need to call it again and again to make sure "it's there physically?" Does the magician need an assurance of the presence of the Watcher or is just calling him and beleiving he is there sufficient enough? I mean, it's not necessarily an evocation. It's an invocation that can turn into an instance of an evocation. Fascinating! I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I am still trying to understand the nature of these beings. Any help would be most appreciated.

Good day to you and yours,

Mr. Curi

--------------------
IPB Image

Magia est Potentia!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MagicIsMight
post Jun 9 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

It'd be great to read your thoughts on this matter. I'll thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my post and answer my questions concerning the Watcher.

Mr. Curi

--------------------
IPB Image

Magia est Potentia!

+Quote Post

AlricThomas
post Jun 11 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(curi @ Jun 9 2006, 09:13 PM) *
It'd be great to read your thoughts on this matter. I'll thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my post and answer my questions concerning the Watcher.

Mr. Curi

Mr. Curi
The first time I called the watcher when the fire went out in the bowl 3 stars fell out of the sky and in about 10 minutes or less the watcher was standing in front of me.
Alric

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jun 11 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(curi @ Jun 9 2006, 10:13 PM) *

Mr. Curi

I have posted alot about Necronomicon and Bandar / Watcher on this forum. Please check Necronomicon forum as well as my blog for much info on watcher. Also please see Ashnooks websyte for more on Bandar which includes a section on Bandar I wrote.
http://www.necronomicon.sacred-magick.com/TheWatcher.html

Feel free to contact me in private if you would like to discuss Watcher rituals.

+Quote Post

MagicIsMight
post Jun 15 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Good Day,

I have yet another quick question for the forum concerning which sword must be used during the invocation of the Watcher. I have heard it said by some that the copper daggar of Innana can be used when invoking the watcher. Is this okay? If not, which sword should be used in its stead? Any help would be most appreciated.

Most Sincerely,

Mr. Curi

--------------------
IPB Image

Magia est Potentia!

+Quote Post

Alafair
post Jun 15 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #6

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE("Mr. Curi")
which sword must be used during the invocation of the Watcher

a small dirk is quite sufficient (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jun 15 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #7

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(Alafair @ Jun 15 2006, 05:34 PM) *
QUOTE("Mr. Curi")
which sword must be used during the invocation of the Watcher

a small dirk is quite sufficient (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dots.gif)

A cheap sword you can get for about $10.00 is a machete. Home Depot or Ace Hardware. A machete is way better than a puny knife to call bandar. You want to stab the weapon into the ground with force. With a knife you pretty much have to bend halfway over to reach the dirt. The best motion is to lift the blade over your head both hands on the hilt and then stab the dirt <Or Altar> as hard as you can.

I actually use a knife of Enki of calling for firegod etc. It is not copper like Dagger of Inanna. I use a Russian special forces knife called a Tanto. Bad ass knife.

You could probably get away with using a pocket knife if you wanted to. However Bandar deserves respect. Bandar is like your own private angel to carry out whatever mission etc you want. Show Bandar much love and much respect. I have started burning sweet pastries to him instead of plain bread. He deserves it. His good deeds are already innumerable.

+Quote Post

chaos_mage4
post Jun 28 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #8

Neophyte
Group Icon

Oh thanks Smasher, that cleared things up. Yeah I would try and get a sword, the Watcher does deserve respect as Smasher has said before, and I would follow the Necronomicon pretty closley, but then again there has been improvisions before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).
~Christopher

--------------------
"I am alone: there is no God where I am."
-Liber Legis, 2:23

+Quote Post

mystick
post Jul 10 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #9

Light of Enki
Group Icon

Hi guys,
Well I have a topic on tantra and i have a post of on veer sadhana.. If you go by the PDF, you will surely notice lots of similarity with the Bandar..for you to be its master its as you would have guessed a lot more the tantric way.. But for those interested in knowing on genies and Badar, some knowledge of Veer would be useful.

download it by right clicking here http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?act...ype=post&id=302 and selecting save as if you use internet explorer.

you could download it from here too:
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=16084

regards
Mystick

This post has been edited by mystick: Jul 10 2006, 02:19 AM

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jul 10 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #10

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(mystick @ Jul 10 2006, 04:18 AM) *
Hi guys,
Well I have a topic on tantra and i have a post of on veer sadhana.. If you go by the PDF, you will surely notice lots of similarity with the Bandar..for you to be its master its as you would have guessed a lot more the tantric way.. But for those interested in knowing on genies and Badar, some knowledge of Veer would be useful.

download it by right clicking here http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?act...ype=post&id=302 and selecting save as if you use internet explorer.

you could download it from here too:
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=16084

regards
Mystick

I like this. It really does sound like an Indian version of the Egregore or Watcher.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 7 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Smasher666
Group Icon

Here are some pics of my new Bandar sword. As if a good omen it came today on the night of walking. Full moon and Lunar Eclipse. I was born on the Lunar Eclipse of June 4th 1974 so it is very fitting that Bandars new sword came today. It is a 41 inch 440 steel full tang Katana. Or Samuri sword.

Peace

This post has been edited by smasher666: Sep 7 2006, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post

PureNaturEnergy
post Sep 13 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

In the book of the Necronomicon say to use the Copper Dagger of Inanna to recite the normal invocation of the watcher and then stab the sword of Bandar on the ground. I am not sure how the knife of Enki looks like cause I just started to work with the Necronomicon even thow I have read and have the book nearly over 9 years. I am sure Smasher, Ashnook or Seraphim can help you on this topic, and might help you construct the knife of Enki.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 13 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #13

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(PureNaturEnergy @ Sep 13 2006, 02:50 PM) *
In the book of the Necronomicon say to use the Copper Dagger of Inanna to recite the normal invocation of the watcher and then stab the sword of Bandar on the ground. I am not sure how the knife of Enki looks like cause I just started to work with the Necronomicon even thow I have read and have the book nearly over 9 years. I am sure Smasher, Ashnook or Seraphim can help you on this topic, and might help you construct the knife of Enki.

Here is a pic of my knife of Enki. It is actually not in the book. I created it for the Enki conjurations and conjuration of Enki gate. Those conjurations are not in the book either. I created them also. The signs to put on the knife are barashakushu the 3 signs of Mashu and the number 40.

It is currently in my head to create a knife of Anu of calling. I am waiting for the knife to come mysteriously into my life. I.e. I am somewhere and stumble over an awesome knofe and feel possessed to buy it.

Peace

This post has been edited by smasher666: Sep 13 2006, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post

WisdomSeeker
post Sep 26 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hello all:

1) Where do I strike the Watcher's sword, in between the circles or inside the inner circle? the Necronomicon says that the Agga Mass Ssaratu must be between the two circles facing NorthEast, but it also says care must be taken not to leave the inner circle in the middle of the incantation (I take this to mean my arms as well). However it says to strike the sword behind the Agga Mass Ssaratu (is this inside the inner circle?). I am confused... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

2) What is the purpose of the Watcher's sword? Am I providing a weapon for the Watcher to use? (In which case I would strike the sword in between the two circles since that's where he is), also does the dagger of Innana acompany me to the astral plane, to use against the Igigi?

3) In that case could I not consecrate a bow and arrows or even a gun to carry with me to the astral plane for battling the sipirts?

4) Are the brazier and Agga Mass Ssaratu the same? I am worried in case I need to burn offerings to the gods, incense, wax figures, etc. I dont want to cross the inner circle. Or are they separate and the brazier of calling is at the altar?

5) What do I do with the drawings og the North, East, South, West gates? do I draw them in the ground outside the circle or do I make them as small seals and hold them while I invode the cardinal directions?

6) What is the wand of Lapis lazuly for? It seems important as one of the 50, Dumuduku, is the holder of one..

Thanks,

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 27 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #15

Smasher666
Group Icon

[
1) Where do I strike the Watcher's sword, in between the circles or inside the inner circle?
In betweern the circles between the inner circle and the bowl the bowl should then be in between the sword and outer circle.

It is used to summon Bandar. Yes it and the Dagger can be used in the astral against demons. Iron / steel can also slay a demon / Jinn in the physical if you can get a good hit on one. This is widespread occult belief.

3) In that case could I not consecrate a bow and arrows or even a gun to carry with me to the astral plane for battling the sipirts?

I have never been able to use a gun in the astral. If you visit the gate God Nanna he will give you weapons such as bow and arrow.

4) Are the brazier and Agga Mass Ssaratu the same? I am worried in case I need to burn offerings to the gods, incense, wax figures, etc. I dont want to cross the inner circle. Or are they separate and the brazier of calling is at the altar?

No the 4 braziers are for the directional gates. Dnt worry about crossing the inner circle just do not cross the outer.

5) What do I do with the drawings og the North, East, South, West gates? do I draw them in the ground outside the circle or do I make them as small seals and hold them while I invode the cardinal directions?

Put the seals underneath or in front of the 4 directional braziers.
Peace

+Quote Post

WisdomSeeker
post Oct 16 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

Mr. Curi:
Unfortunately for me the Bandar has not manifested yet.
I attempted the initial Bandar invocation on the 6th (full moon) with a new bowl (steel chili cooking pot) and a new machete for a sword (inscribed with arra, agga, bandar sigils) and made the double circle on the ground with a new pocket knife (inscribed with innana's name). It is possible it failed since when I tried to stick the machete on the ground it would not stick (ground too hard) and had to lay it on the ground besides the bowl (also I called it around 10pm. Next time I'll try 3:am). I hope to have greater success in the future. I have not called Badar since.

Since then I have been calling onto Nannar and Arannuna with a different bowl every night (cant do it in the morning as I am rushed for work), asking for success on my opening the gate of Nannar on the next full moon and for calling the Watcher. Unfortunately I tried to keep the moon 'pure' but failed a few das ago (Its not as easy as you might think). I hope it doesnt jinx the whole thing.

Regarding Bandar I found what appear to be allusions to in some books, which the rest of the group might be interested.

In R. C. Thompsons book 'Devils and Evil Spririts of Babylonia' tablets are provided, sometimes bilingual in Sumerian and Akkadian. here is common phrase repeated in many incantations: (Note Sh is an S with a chevron on top)

UTUG-ShI-GA ALAD-ShiGA DA-MU -KAN-GUB

"May a kindly Spirit, a kindly guardian, stand at my side"

from pg 11"
UTUG-Shi-GA ID-ZA-DA-MU MU-UN-DA-AN-GIN-NA
ALAD-Shi-GA ID-GU-BU-MU MU-UN-DA-AN-GIN-NA

"A kindly Guardian marcheth on my right, a kindly spirit marcheth on my left" (I think the guardian/spirit are reversed)

So it seems that when called, two beings are called, a spirit and the Guardian
The good or kindly spirit is UTUG-Shi-GA and the good or kindly guardian is ALAD-Shi-GA
And and evil spirit is UTUG-HUL, so HUL simply means evil.

Another interesting reference is the list of magic books needed for the instruction of an Assyran Mage.
TintirBabylon
At the endo of the list of incantations the initiate has to master the tablet mentions:
41. Upon the one who is vigorous, wise, and penetrating to Great Knowledge, the Two Gods, the Lords (Ea and Marduk), will confer Vast Understanding;
42. Unto this one these Gods will grant a Guardian Angel, whose name will be pronounced unto the Most Distant Times.
43. Copied and collated with a most ancient copy. A tablet belonging to Kisir-dNabu, son of dŠamaš-ibni, magician of the Ešara.

So it is pretty clear that the ancient sumerian/akkadian/assirian mages after proper instruction received a 'kindly guardian' to watch over them. Who else could it be but Bandar?

1) When calling the Bandar has any one felt the presence of a 'kindly spirit' in addition to the Bandar? Or it might be just poetic license and only a description of Bandar as a spirit?

2) Does anyone know the owner of the tintir babylon site, BelAmurru? I've tried to contact him but his email link is dead. He seems to have a lot of really cool information in his site.

Traveller

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Oct 19 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #17

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings Traveller,

Your research of the Sumerian language is quite enlightening. Sacrifice often to the Bandar. It may take some time before he is powerful enough that you can sense him well. It would also help to try and develop your astral sense. I have no doubt that your Bandar is present. Keep sacrificing to him and he will become more visible in the shadow.

Zi Dingir Bandar Kanpa!

+Quote Post

PureNaturEnergy
post Oct 20 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(smasher666 @ Oct 19 2006, 06:55 PM) *
Greetings Traveller,

Your research of the Sumerian language is quite enlightening. Sacrifice often to the Bandar. It may take some time before he is powerful enough that you can sense him well. It would also help to try and develop your astral sense. I have no doubt that your Bandar is present. Keep sacrificing to him and he will become more visible in the shadow.

Zi Dingir Bandar Kanpa!

Brother Smasher,

Can you recommend us a technic we can use to develop our astral senses or astral project? When I call or offer sacrifices to my Bandar I know he is present because I feel him or he let me know where he is by making noises. I know that is him making noises because where the noises are coming from. Ex. I place his bowl in different places around the house and the noises always coming from that direction or I have seen shadows from the area I placed the his bowl. But I haven't seen him physically yet or have cross to the astral to meet with him thing that I really want to experience.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Oct 20 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #19

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings Ses Agazi Ganbar,

Please view my class lesson here. http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=16438

I still have to write a couple more lessons. This is a technique that I have sucessfully taught to many gate walkers.

Zi Dingir Ninib Kanpa!

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Nov 24 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #20

Zelator
Group Icon

I have just recently called BANDAR myself, but I do feel my senses are getting attuned to his Astral vibrations. each time I burn bread for him the fire seeems more intense. Also I feel him about, most often in my home. As I type right now I feel him hanging over head. Brother AGAZI, ur astral senses will come in time--just be patient, they WILL develop.

I find myself psychically communicating w/ my BANDAR on a non-worded level, like it is based on impressions and sensations. Hard to explain properly. He has given me words that could be his name--I am not sure as of yet. But hen I got these words translated they were very relevent to what work is being done--usually containing the word fish or some auatic type of element. I think my BANDAR is my middle man between ENKI and I--he delivers ENKI's message to I. this is just theory though. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR NUDIMMUD KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR OANNES KANPA!

+Quote Post

OmNamaShivaya
post Dec 6 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

Hey guys..Just wanted to find out whether anyone of you had used the watcher of the Nec for other magical workings?For example used him as a protector while working the goetia or calling forth the elementals?

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Dec 6 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #22

Smasher666
Group Icon

The Bandar cares not what it watches. Only that he obey the priest.

+Quote Post

mystick
post Dec 7 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #23

Light of Enki
Group Icon

QUOTE(OmNamaShivaya @ Dec 7 2006, 06:58 AM) *
Hey guys..Just wanted to find out whether anyone of you had used the watcher of the Nec for other magical workings?For example used him as a protector while working the goetia or calling forth the elementals?

the part of your watcher protecting you, its protection is against any one trying to harm you ;-)

But may be thats why if you ask your watcher to guard your circle, if you are evoking a demon, the demon might not turn up...

Its a reasoning of mine, may be the more advanced would clarify things.

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Dec 7 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #24

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

If the demon does not show up of it s own accord there are invocations to force it to come. As long as you are abiding by the covenant the Bandar will not attack you for calling the demon. You should instruct your Bandar to not attack the demon unless the demon fails to obey you or threatens you. If you are being shady that is you are calling the demon to perform evil operations you would be extremely wise to banish the Bandar before you call the demon. Otherwise the Bandar will turn on you.

How will you know that the unseen world is attacking you? Your emotions will become out of whack. You will be angry for no reason. Depressed. No energy. You will have a string of bad luck. You might become a little bit out of whack mentally as well as emotionally. In the rare event you might be affected physically. Perhaps your heart will beat way to fast or you will pass out.

Do not make pacts or do anything wrong in the eyes of the Elder and having the Bandar there like a guard dog ready to pounce on the demon could be a good idea.

I have called all of the Goetic spirits. However I have never called a Goetic spirit in front of the Bandar. Once I was advanced enough in the system I no longer saw any need to play with fire and summon demons. It seemed to just be a phase which I passed through in which I thought it was cool to be able to call demons and have a sort of power over them. That was a prideful and foolish thought form which I have since abandoned.

Peace

+Quote Post

OmNamaShivaya
post Dec 7 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #25

Zelator
Group Icon

Dont worry..I dont intend to call upon demons either..But goetic spirits i dont know much off..Some say they are demons while others say they are not..I dont intend to call them til i know fully what im dealing with..
Back to the topic,i was using the method put forth in konstantinos' book to call upon the elemental king Nichsa,of the undines..
i usually dont use a circle when working with the necro but since i wanted to do things right from the book working with entities not from the nec, i used a circle and asked my watcher to guard my body mind spirit and the circle from harm. It was quite difficult to call Nichsa as it required many repeated attempts to call him which was unusual for me as the Nec gods have always come fast.i dunno,it MAY have something to do with the watcher,because before calling the Undine King,i said a prayer to the undines and called them,while i immediately felt them around me,their energy disspitated in about six seconds after they came..I always heard these elemntals were playful and like to play around,i guess no playing around with an entity like the watcher around..

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Dec 7 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #26

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings 'OmNamaShivaya',

Yes the Bandar is probably quite scary to other spirits as I have seen him eat the souls of demons in the astral. Perhaps you would get better results without the presence of the Bandar there intimidating the spirits. Banish the Bandar by saying Barra Mass Ssaratu Barra and touching the sword with your left hand.

Then try to contact the spirits. If you get in trouble use the preliminary invocation to re summon the Bandar. Its short and easy to memorize. It is to be used in emergency's as described on pg 71.

Peace

+Quote Post

OmNamaShivaya
post Dec 8 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #27

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(smasher666 @ Dec 8 2006, 01:08 PM) *
Greetings 'OmNamaShivaya',

Yes the Bandar is probably quite scary to other spirits as I have seen him eat the souls of demons in the astral. Perhaps you would get better results without the presence of the Bandar there intimidating the spirits. Banish the Bandar by saying Barra Mass Ssaratu Barra and touching the sword with your left hand.

Then try to contact the spirits. If you get in trouble use the preliminary invocation to re summon the Bandar. Its short and easy to memorize. It is to be used in emergency's as described on pg 71.

Peace

i might try that bro,but when i first summoned the bandar i was so wary of him and used a circle and all but after revising the methods and some methods mystick thought me without having to use the circle i have grown to completely trust my watcher,having him there serves as a pillar of strength for me,so maybe i hav grown dependent on him..

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse