Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Lesser Banishing Ritual Of The Hexagram
Frater DOM
post Aug 19 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Greetings,

from a practical magickal point of view what is the LBRH aim? Has to be performed daily or you can do it once a week?

in lux

Frater DOM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Radiant Star
post Aug 20 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #2

Theoricus
Group Icon

Its is a banishing ritual and the points represent planets; when you draw your points, it is like you are reaching out to the planets in turn and drawing their energies towards you. That is my own basic interpretation ot it.

You can start and end this hexagram at any of the points and the meanings differ, you will need to do some reading on it.

As for when you practice it, if you are a serious practitioner, you will probably do a ritual of some kind daily. Many magickians use them for a particualr purpose and choose a ritual according to what they want to do with it. The more you do these rituals, the more they have meaning for you in the beginning. However, I am a firm believer in going at a steady pace because you are opening yourself up to things and you need to integrate the new knowledge and experiences without going mad. I am serious here. The same as you would not overexercize, so as not to damage your body, do not go overboard in magick.

+Quote Post

Frater F.A.M.E.
post Aug 28 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Frater DOM @ Aug 19 2006, 07:28 PM) *
Greetings,

from a practical magickal point of view what is the LBRH aim? Has to be performed daily or you can do it once a week?

in lux

Frater DOM

Practically speaking, concerning "canonical" feelings about it (LOL!), I have no idea. I could probably look it up, lol!!!

Practicallly, for me though, performing it, along with the LBRP, symbolises union with "God" or the Universe, as it were. The perfect blending along all points of the established symbolic realities between my personal universe, of which I am the center, and the greater universe, of which I also am the center . One universe, ya dig?

Doing those two rituals wiith the above in mind will hasten your recognition that you are the universe, for one, even if it's only for a fleeting moment (likely, lol). When you treat them both as one act, you'll begin to notice some cooky sh*t ("Good"). (Of course, that goes with anything) The practical implications of this will dawn on you as the knowing dawns on you.

Or, I'm smoking ton's of crack, please stop me.

LOL!

I've never performed the ritual by itself (I don't think), as I've never had a situation that has called just for it. As you can see above, I do suggest doing it daily friend.

I hope this helps you in some way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-F.F.

--------------------
Have you handled your business today?
IPB Image
Make the right move.

+Quote Post

redhand
post Jan 2 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

The LBRH banishes unwanted POSITIVE forces. I agree with Frater FAME it is good to do daily following the LBRP, before doing the Middle Pillar. As these three actually work on a psycological level to improve self. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wandwizard.gif)

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

+Quote Post

Dark Knight
post Mar 17 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hmmmm...

LBRH = The banishing of planetary influences = Banish Macrocosm.

LBRP = The banishing of earthly influences = Banish Microcosm.

The question then is... Does this make one exempt from star chart readings? . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If one is banishing the influence of the planets surely reading up on what house Saturn may or may not be in just dosen't apply anymore...? Or at least to a lesser extent prehaps (pun partially intended).

Have also taken to doing the M.P inbetween the LBRP and the LBRH using the PoD to continue the LBRH and finish off... guess I won't be able to for long as I intend to use the Tree of Life meditation alongside the PoD anyway but does it matter?

Not to take from the thread or anything.

Htp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

This post has been edited by Dark Knight: Mar 17 2007, 07:21 AM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse