Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Astral Senses, tips please
Chorozon
post Jul 8 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Hey guys, Ive done a little astral work, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on strengthening my astral senses etc

Blessed Be

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post Jul 8 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chorozon @ Jul 8 2006, 02:10 PM) *
Hey guys, Ive done a little astral work, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on strengthening my astral senses etc

Blessed Be

Look, listen, touch, taste, and smell the astral world as constantly as possible.

You might start with Gross energies, like the electricity in the wires around your home, sunlight, magnetic fields, etc.

Don't be surprised if you have a few astral senses that are far more sensitive than the others - just like the Gross senses, the Subtle senses often work in different configurations and intensities for different people.

One technique to develope constant astral sight is to constantly recreate all that you are seeing in your mind's eye. At first this may preclude thoughts, but that's not a bad thing. That means, say you are walking down the street, looking at the sidewalk, buildings, people (you want to expand your awareness to be able to pay attention to as much at once as possible), or in the woods - I dont' know where you live - at the same time as you are looking at it, envision it in your inner eye as well. The more often you keep up this practice, the more natural it becomes. Apply your astral senses to that inner vision, so that you are inhabiting both the Gross and Subtle at once. From the mastery of this technique, astral senses will grow exponentially.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Eyes of God
post Jul 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Summoning Spirits written by Konstantinos gives 5 exercise sets with the purpose of developing astral senses.

+Quote Post

Chorozon
post Jul 10 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanks for the tips Vagrant Dreamer, and thanks Eyes of God, I have indeed read 'summoning spirits' its a favorite.

+Quote Post

SPoison
post Jul 11 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #5

Zelator
Group Icon

Something I find helps is learning dream control. I think I made a post on it somewhere, just take a search around the OBE forum! It really helps you gain control over your mind and knowing your dreams will be important later on down the road.

--------------------
A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind. - Iranian (on wisdom)

Feel your center of power... Feel the world around you... Close your eyes and expect the unexpected...

Knowledge is universal

+Quote Post

lpol99
post Jul 12 2006, 05:51 AM
Post #6

Initiate
Group Icon

ive tried get out of my body with about 100 different ways but no vibrations and if i did get out of my body i dont no i am because i can not do my senses

+Quote Post

Tyler Durden
post Aug 2 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Use the Apple Technique:

Imagine an apple. Close your eyes. Focus on the color. How deep is the red? or How bright is the green. Is the surface completely smooth, or does it have bumps. Picture it as real to life as you can. Now feel it in your hand. How does it feel? Feel the skin, feel the stem. Focus on the feeling of it until you can actually feel it on your skin. Now smell it. Focus on the smell. Is it sweet? Sour? Now take a bite and focus on the taste. Visualize it in your mouth, the texture, the firmness, the taste. Is it juicy? Sweet? Eat the entire apple, focusing on every sense.

In time you will be able to completely re-create the sensation. I have found this to be an excellent exercise in creative visualization. It can also aid you in your Astral senses.

Enjoy.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Aug 2 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Consider yourself as though you were a child once again. You need to learn how to walk, talk, see taste, touch, feel, smell and think on your own. Maybe some positive encouragement every once in awhile but the biggest factor is trail and error. It takes time but patients and practice is all it really takes.

As far as suggestions. Learn to associate colors you see with sounds. If you can see color and hear it your desires will start to form it into recognizable shapes and figures. Eventaully your astral perception will mirror your regular life (minus all the wild flowing colors and trippy visuals). Once you can see colors and hear sounds then you can try to expierence the shapes/figures that are formed. This is how you learn to touch. Then try to taste it, smell it even share a thought with it without actually speaking. Since sight and sound are the two biggest sense people are geared for start with those and the rest will flow.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse