Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 How Do I Create A Servitor?
Lady Jade
post Sep 13 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

How would i create a servitor to help locate something/someone for me?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

GaiusOctavian
post Sep 13 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Gone
Group Icon

There are ALOT of ways on creating servitors...I suggest looking on topics about servitors on this forum. The SM site & Chaosmagic.com also have alot of information on servitors. More than enough to get you started.

.::Sempre Bene::..::Chris::.
-Fiat Lux

+Quote Post

Petrus
post Nov 24 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #3

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Jade @ Sep 14 2006, 09:39 AM) *
How would i create a servitor to help locate something/someone for me?

Hi Lady Jade,
I admit...I'm very, very new to this and am still learning most things myself, but a friend of mine and I have I think put together three servitors so far; him two and me one. Although I still very much value mine, I made some mistakes when creating her I think as well, given that I attempted it before I'd read anywhere near enough about the subject.

The way we've done it though is to create a primary sigil, but to put the sigil in the middle of a pentagram/circle, and then to use various secondary runes/other types of characters around it within different parts of the circle (and at the points) in order to give some precision to defining the servitor's characteristics. The alphabet we've used so far has been a combination of the glyphs from tropical astrology and the elder futhark rune set, but these still aren't really as fine grained as I would like, I will admit. In this way, though, the circles have to some crude degree resembled a DNA helix for the individual servitor.

Although the amount of reading that I have done on the subject is admittedly limited, I myself also have not yet heard of a servitor being successfully evoked/created in a solitary setting, either. I'm sure there are probably people here who do it on a routine basis, but my friend and I anyway have found (presumably due to our relative near-total inexperience) that it is difficult to raise a sufficient level of energy for a persistent form on our own. I don't seem to have much ability in the area of energy raising myself at all, yet...only for small things and I tend to get tired fairly quickly as well...it could be because I'm unfit.

In terms of caring for them once they've been evoked; I had a bad experience with my servitor around three days after initially evoking her, where she apparently dissipated due to lack of energy and we had to re-evoke her in order to get her back. I've since given her a new and more definite physical base, which I think has really helped...and I will admit to also having periodically used a small amount of my own blood both on the sigil itself and on the physical base, as well as seminal material on the physical base.

I understand that the use of such material in the development of a servitor may be distasteful to some, but the results in the case of my friend's most recent servitor in particular were dramatic. I was initially squeamish myself, but came to reconcile it mentally by comparing the use of such with the medical process of in vitro fertilization.

The other two points which have come up in my own observation so far have been that it is important both to have an initial task for the servitor immediately upon its' evocation, and to instil the servitor with loyalty toward its' creator, either inorganically via the circle/sigil, or organically through positive reinforcement. I read a case online not long ago where someone who had created a servitor needed to re-absorb it, and claimed to have ended up with 13 stitches in her head due to the servitor's apparent resistance to being re-absorbed. If you have a positive relationship with a servitor, and regard it as a living being rather than merely an extension of yourself, my initial observation would suggest that it will more readily and consistently obey you than it perhaps otherwise would.

I hope the above doesn't sound arrogant in any way. I'm beyond a newbie right now...but the above seems to have worked for me, although I do need to learn a lot about fine tuning it and making servitors with more concrete purpose.

This post has been edited by Petrus: Nov 24 2007, 10:15 AM

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Gesigewigus
post Nov 26 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/922.gif)

This is actually a common, and easy Construct to make. Lots of people make things like Findit Faeries, and Getit Gargoyles, Constructs mean to help us find all those stupid things we can't find.

While none of these things are required, or specific to a Construct made for searching, I'll put down what I think works well for this type of Construct.

Find a home for it, lots of people (myself included) prefer having a home and form to relate the entity with. As you can tell from the name, Fairies and Gargoyles are commonly used for this job (I think Hine started the Fairy thing, not sure). Personally I use a little wizard statue.

Either find or create a name for the entity, or just sigilize the intent. "An entity to recover that which is lost" or whatever. Try to associate the sigil with the entity some how. Some people etch it onto the statue, I worked by "osmosis", I left the charged sigil under the statue for a while, until they just...went together.

Charge the sigil, sex, death, fear, or energy work, whatever works well for you.

Don't forget, to have in your intent some way to feed/thank the Construct. Hine (or whoever it was that started it, maybe it was Carroll, if it wasn't late and my last post before bed I'd check my sources) would thank the fairy by putting a coin under them. For a while I had it feed from my joy/relief of finding what was lost...that worked well, until things started getting lost more and more, and I realized (or assumed) that my wizard (named Werzit (Where's it?)) was actually hiding things, so he could feed when I found them. So I reworked him, so now he gets a more constant food supply, but feeding on my joy/relief of finding things where they should be.

But of course, you can create it in anyway you want, this was just based on my experience, and some of the experience of others I know.

Edit: And I just noticed this was originally posted a year ago, so hopefully you've already dealt with it, heh.

This post has been edited by Gesigewigus: Nov 26 2007, 12:04 AM

--------------------
When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse