Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Unidentified Flying Objects, Your thoughts on UFO's
+ Kinjo -
post Mar 28 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #1

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

"…nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge...further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby." –Edward U. Condon

A UFO is an unidentified flying object which has been identified as a possible or actual alien spacecraft. Such objects include meteors, disintegrating satellites, flocks of birds, aircraft, lights, weather balloons, and just about anything moving within the visible band of electromagnetism. So far, however, nothing has been positively identified as an alien spacecraft in a way required by common sense and science. That is, there has been no recurring identical UFO experience and there is no physical evidence in support of either a UFO flyby or landing.

There are as many photographs of UFOs as there are of the Loch Ness Monster, and they are of equal quality: blurs and forgeries. Other physical evidence, such as alleged debris from alien crashes, or burn marks on the ground from alien landings, or implants in noses or brains of alien abductees, have turned out to be quite terrestrial, including forgeries. The main reasons for believing in UFOs are the testimony of many people, the inability to distinguish science fiction from science, the willingness to trust incompetent men telling fantastic stories, the ability to distrust all contrary sources as being part of an evil conspiracy to withhold the truth, and a desire for contact with the world above. Belief in aliens in UFOs is akin to belief in supernatural beings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"UFOlogy is the mythology of the space age. Rather than angels...we now have...extraterrestrials. It is the product of the creative imagination. It serves a poetic and existential function. It seeks to give man deeper roots and bearings in the universe. It is an expression of our hunger for mystery...our hope for transcendental meaning. The gods of Mt. Olympus have been transformed into space voyagers, transporting us by our dreams to other realms."
--Paul Kurtz

Source

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 29 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I saw a ufo once. Now when I mean ufo I mean don't alien space ship was what I assumed. I mean I don't know what that was flashing outside my house.

I was probably 13-14 it was warm enough that all the windows could be left open so the house would stay cool. I was about to go to bed and I noticed a flash. It was a bright blue flash, like ball lightning. But it kept happening that night. My bedroom door is open and I can see out far enough into the next room to witness the flashes. I got up and took a look. It flashed again. I could clearly see this time it was some kind of ball of light- ball lightning I kept telling myself. However this continued through out the night. Unlike lightning these flashes weren't random. It was as if three spheres of light were flashing back and furth between one and another (possiblly lights on one craft hooving in the same location for 4 and half hours). Nothing came of this other than the strange lights. There was no other phenomenom -no electronics going nuts in my house, no sense of lost time or anything else typical of of actual "alien" encounters. But it did happen more than one night and in different locations. But further observances became boring for my younger mind and all I did was make a mental note the same flashes were going on in different days and places. I doubt what I saw was ball lightning. I doubt it was aliens. But I did see something. I concluded there must have been a lot of electrical activity in my neck of the woods and that the flashes were a result of that activity. But still very strange.

As far as getting tangible proof of aliens well that could be hard. It seems there are countless abductions, and sightings and recordings but why haven't we been able to find a space ship? Or extraterrestrials. How would one go about getting solid proof about what ufos are or at least what they are not? Especially if any evidenece is secured by the government and cover ups are the talk of the day. Even then there are people who have the reasources to conduct their own investigation and they haven't found anything, or somebody is going to great lengths to make sure the evidence isn't there to be found.

What do I think ufo's REALLY are? Government prototypes. Possibly alien in orgin, doubtful but possible. I think some part of our government has hired a contractor and given them a ton of money to develope vehicles and weapons applications that to us would seem totally off this world. I mean how much does the american public know about the developement of theoretical science let alone the progress we've made at cracking these sciences? If the government is keeping potential technologies secret how could we know anything?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Mar 29 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

A little something I read about a while back (whilst in a doctor's waiting room funnily enough), is that the Egyptians had a record of flying disks in the sky, which they couldn't explain.

If the government is keeping potential technologies secret how could we know anything?

What? You mean like the CERN/Area 51 projects involving particle accelerators and virtual black holes? (Whoops... did I just reveal I have a friend who gets to go inside Area 51 on a regular basis?)

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

+Quote Post

Kazahel
post Mar 30 2005, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Initiate
Group Icon

Ive seen what I would call ufo's about 4 times now. They have always been different though...

The first was a little red square that hovered past the window. It made time go weird and I couldnt walk...it was like walking in water. The next was the big crystal blue light that was above the house.(sounds kinda like your one Acid09). To be honest though(to put myself out there)that one took me for a ride hey. But I could never tell if it was a dream or not. I walked with one that night and got told many things about why they picked me..although I only recall one thing he said..or more what I said,in responce to what he thought.

The other two times Ive seen ufo's I was awake and had people around me. They wernt as full on as the first two times I saw them because they were just passing by I guess..lol, I could sense them though, thats why I noticed them.

I believe truly in these beings because after all the dreams Ive had about them I dont really have a choice. I even asked them once through thought to prove it to me(so I know they are real)so I dont go crazy. I asked for a little blue mark to mark my face so I knew. I woke up the next morning with one. No bullshit man.
You see I reached a position where if I shut my eyes I could see the praying mantis one. I asked him to do this for me so I would know Im not crazy from knowing that he is there when I shut my eyes. Anyway the mark was there and stayed for about a month I think. It was small like a freckle...but blue.

Now I dont see them as much as I did. But I think thats just becasue I dont remember...its like I kinda remember but dont. You truly have very little control when you come into contact with these beings...they make you forget or fear does. I think the only reason I found out they were there was because I got really good at lucid dreaming and was hyper aware.

I believe because nothing has ever made me go into a catatomic state from fear alone. Only seeing one of those freaky little bastards! hehe

This post has been edited by Kazahel: Mar 30 2005, 07:18 AM

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 30 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #5

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

What? You mean like the CERN/Area 51 projects involving particle accelerators and virtual black holes? (Whoops... did I just reveal I have a friend who gets to go inside Area 51 on a regular basis?)

Alright we're gonna get a little portable cammera. Some sound equipment. Some testing stuff and some bubble gum to chew on....to stick to any buttons that may need sticking....And we're gonna get your "friend" cough..cough..patsy..cough.... and stick him inside area 51. This way the american public will know what is going on and your buddy will be martered in the name of freedom. Yes freedom thats what it is. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drugs.gif)

But seriously how about trying to get your frind to reveal whats going on in there? Then again if they hired him he's one of "them"...you know one of those alien drones? Theres a whole hive of them working as telemarketers so I'm sure the government has found some use for them in area 51. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/33.gif) = (IMG:style_emoticons/default/m_monkey.gif) (I found drugs)

Ok now really seriously I think it would be awesome if we had technologies like out of star trek or star wars or battleSTAR gallactica. I just don't want to see a "technocratic" state born out of the secrecy our government. It probably won't in my life time. That woud be an excellent topic for psuedoscience- technocracy.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 30 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #6

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

"UFOlogy is the mythology of the space age. Rather than angels...we now have...extraterrestrials. It is the product of the creative imagination. It serves a poetic and existential function. It seeks to give man deeper roots and bearings in the universe. It is an expression of our hunger for mystery...our hope for transcendental meaning. The gods of Mt. Olympus have been transformed into space voyagers, transporting us by our dreams to other realms."
--Paul Kurtz

Ok this quote cought my eye just as I got done posting, it lead to another idea:
As man continues to search for his roots on the universe and continues to progress towards a technological "utopia" (more of heaven for machines than man), we may just find where our roots really came from.

Imagine if everything that lead to the existance of mankind has been done so at the expense and care of an alien race? Sounds far out and yet this single theory explains more phenomenon than any other I can think of. People have seen "angelic" creatures for all of mans history. Cave paintings have strange humanoid figures and flying object of all shapes and sizes, but especially disks, have been spotted on immoratalized in our paintings artisty and literature. Many mythos that cultures build their religions around sound like a pritive interpritation of warfare between advanced beings. The elder gods vs. the titans for the greeks, The ancient ones vs. the elders in babylonian myths. Sometimes the interaction between these advanced beings isn't always percieved as warfare but the cycle of the seasons, of life and death. And yet the beings that are portraid as the ones that carry out these things are gods. Beings we have no idea about and what we do is based on our personifid interpritations. Take a look at any well known myth about a cultures gods. I think just about any of those could be some primitive human percpetion of things way beyond our understanding.

The thing is that the things that lead our ancestors to create those myths about gods could be still happening. Its just in our "enlightened" stage of technological progression we've found a new way, a less primitive way to explain much, if not all, of the supernatural. Every question from life death and rebirth to magick to immortality may be explained by a new phenomenom we are benging to grasp. Aliens from other worlds, infanitely more advanced than we such that the only previous way we could describe them was as gods. Dispite the fact most people grudgingly refute any possibility of aliens we might owe more to them than we realize. Our whole perception of reallity could have been tailor made. To what end is anyone's guess. An example of deities I think were probably more likely to be aliens than divine figures would be the babylonian pantheon. Sure its use is to explain the seasons and keep the crops comming but its orgins may have been alien. Image what a bronze age man would say about massive space ships duking it out in earth orbit. He would think they were dragons summoned by gods to do battle with one another. An accurate if not crude understanding, just from the mind of a primitive person.

The main point of this post is really about my feelings towards ufo's. And that if we are seeing things in the sky we can not explain. If people are truely being abducted and there may be some hidden agenda, either on the part of "aliens" or our own trust worthy elected officials. Than we shouldn't just sit idoly by and let it happen while pretending that nothing is happening. Now even I have seen somthing. Again I figured it must have been electrical activity but many many others like Kazahel over here have had profound experiences that everybody else will just laugh at and say they're crazy and yet for some reason many many more will continue to expereince such things as aliens sightings, loss of time, electronic malfunction, and abduction. Is it just me or is something going on that we're just in denial about?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Satarel
post Mar 30 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #7

Mayaparisatya
Group Icon

But seriously how about trying to get your frind to reveal whats going on in there?

I can't remember his exact clearance, but I do know that there are at least two clearances above his... so all he gets to do is play with home-made black holes. (Can you say gravitic drive technology?)

--------------------
IPB Image

The value of an individual is not numerically assignable. Given the individual's infinite capacity to affect change (for better or for worse), it follows that their value is just as infinite. Logically then, not only are all individuals of equal value, but all possible combinations and groupings of individuals are of equal value, and finally, no matter an individual's past actions, their capacity to affect positive change is not diminished.

The value of the individual is sacrosanct, but actions must be directed in an effort to affect positive change.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 30 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

ga-vi-tic-dive-ek-no-ogy? Nope can't say it. Over my head. Sounds like some super cool engine for a sports car one day though.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post May 15 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #9

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Around 15 years ago, when I lived about a twenty minutes drive from Blackpool, Lancashire, Uk ... I spotted a UFO out of my bedroom window.... there was a dark triangular shape ... with a light at each point on the triangle ... in the sky.

I thought nothing of it ...

Two weeks later there was an article in the local paper where several hundreds of people had sighted the same object in the sky, on the same night as me from the Pleasure Beach at Blackpool .... black triangular shape high in the sky, above Morecambe Bay, with a light at each point of the triangle.

The local RAF bases were contacted ... and no record of any experimental aircrat activity was reported that night (RAF Warton nearby has supposed experimental aircraft activity from time to time).

A few years later when on holiday in Florida, I sighted a red light in the sky shooting off at a very high speed on a flight path which was one no aircraft could even attempt.

The wife sighted a UFO hovering over her house about twenty years ago ... her TV had gone on the blink and had gone outside to investigate ... she and a group of people are witnessed the UFO for several minutes .... an oval shaped craft.

I have been 'interrupted' in meditations and channelling by entities who had claimed to be in a UFO in the same space-time continuum as me at that moment but on a different dimension ... I had a vague recollection of being within a circular enclosure ....

UFO's ..... a reality in my book.

But, in saying that, I'm sure there are also human agencies with ET technology out there .... I believe too there are non-human races living on this planet who've been here for thousands of years .... who have inter-dimensional craft we perceive as UFO's ....

Now, here is a piece I have taken from Nexus Magazine on the net:-

This testimony from a former US Army Signal Corps and CIA officer is the latest to confirm that the US government and military are withholding the facts about extraterrestrial craft and biological entities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 5, #5 (August-September '98).
From our web page at: http://www.nexusmagazine.com/

Back in the 1957 to 1960 period, Kewper taught radio operations and cryptography to Army Signal Corps officers under a false identification assigned to him by the CIA. The head of that Signal Corps school had worked for the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) during World War II. The OSS became the Central Intelligence Agency in 1947. In addition to teaching, Kewper's CIA boss at the Army base asked Kewper to help analyse Top Secret cases gathered for the Air Force's Project Blue Book investigation of unidentified flying objects.

Those edits are indicated by parenthesis notes in the following interview first broadcast on the North American syndicated radio programs Dreamland, on May 31, 1998, and Coast to Coast AM Hosted by Art Bell on all-night radio, June 1-2, 1998:

Howe: So you were getting the reports that Project Blue Book was collecting; that they were allowing to the public only those they were explaining. You were actually handling the files that were unexplained?

Kewper: Yes. Probably not all of them, but at least we were one of the groups investigating the unexplained. I know when they closed down Project Blue Book they said they had found absolutely nothing as far as what they did in Project Blue Book that wasn't explained. And that was actually true because anything they didn't explain would be sent to Fort Belvoir in Virginia and then farmed out from there to other military. The FBI was involved with some of the things, too, I know, because FBI would show up on some of these peoples' doorsteps.

Howe: What were the years that you were personally working in the CIA and handling these highly classified reports related to the UFO phenomenon?

Kewper: 1957 to 1960. I was in the service starting in 1956, but I didn't get

Howe: Now, in the course of this work from 1957 to 1960, did you see any 16-mm films related to this phenomenon?

Kewper: In regard to UFOs in Roswell, you mean?

Howe: Right.

Kewper: The only film I saw is the one that has been released in the last couple of years showing an alien autopsy. I saw that very same film in 1957.

Howe: And what were the circumstances in which you saw this?

Kewper: It was in regard to studying UFOs, in working up and going through and trying to cover or investigate some of these folders we had in regard to the different sightings. Apparently someone at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, sent that film to my boss. The team viewed the thing one Saturday morning and he had to send it right back to Fort Belvoir again. But we did see that one. And we also saw several other at that time highly classified UFO sightings on film. We had one film showing a UFO actually developing or materialising over a power plant out in one of the western states like Oregon or Washington or Utahsomewhere out in that area.

Howe: So you had on film, in Central Intelligence Agency work, we'll call it an actual materialisation of what appeared to be a hard, silver disc that literally just emerged from what looked like a vaporous cloud?

Kewper: Yes; just a little ways from a cloud emitted by the smokestack. So we thought at that time that these aliens must have some way of materialising or travelling from one area to another and materialising, by using the current that was down in the power plant somehow to change the electric currents...into something electromagnetic or something solid, like solid material.

Howe: Now, how was the autopsy/dissection of the six-fingered humanoid film presented to you? What was the explanation of how this had occurred?

Kewper: They just said that this was done at Roswell, the same day or day afterthe same, I thinkthe craft was picked up at night; that some time during the next day this autopsy was performed there at the military base, and also an autopsy was performed in town in the little clinic or hospital they have there.

Howe: And what was the briefing to you about these six-fingered humanoids? How were they described? Was there any information?

Kewper: There was little info in regards to that. The film was about 10 years old at that time, and they just said this was the only film that we have of the aliens and the body. There are pictures that have been taken by different private people showing these aliens walking around outside their craft, something like that, but this is the only film that we have that shows a close picture of the aliens and exactly what they look like. So, if you run across any more of these sightings that people have sent in that describe this particular being, then you can match them up according to this.

Howe: Was the film you saw in black and white or colour?

Kewper: It was black and white.

Howe: And did you ever see any colour film or photographs of these beings?

Kewper: No, not of the beings. The only coloured film I remembered seeing was of that spaceship materialising.

Howe: But sort of resembled us in a humanoid-shape way.

Kewper: Yes, they did; they did resemble us. That particular alien, the six-fingered alienyou might say it didn't resemble us completely, but it looked like a miniature man with a smaller head, but it wasn't the great big narrow face with the big eyes. It didn't have ears like we have; it had a little circle around a hole inside of its skull. The ears didn't look like [ours]. The nose looked basically like [ours] and the mouth was much smaller.

Howe: From a military and CIA point of view, were they considered a threat?

Kewper: Not really a threat, but there was a questionable threat; and they were working under that assumption to try to increase the different radar around the country more so that they could detect if they were coming in from outer space and be able to get some type of scrambling from the Air Force's nearest base to check it out or shoot them down or whatever.

~

Howe: Can you describe exactly what you saw?

Kewper: As soon as we got in, the first thing we did see were two small craft.

Howe: What colour were they?

Kewper: They were silver, kind of a silver finish to them; not real shiny and bright, but basically silver.

Howe: What was the diameter?

Kewper: About 18 or 20 feet. They were quite small.

Howe: Were you allowed to go over and touch them?

Kewper: No. We were on a walkway area and couldn't get down over to where the craft were actually sitting.

Howe: And how many others could you see?

Kewper: At least about seven, I think. There were some larger ones that were in the rear towards the end that we could see down there because they were probably 50 to 60 feet in diameter.

Howe: Could you see any characteristics on these? Were any different from another?

Kewper: They were all disc-shaped, but some had larger bottom areas that extended down the same as the top, the top extending up. And they were in different colours. The larger ones in the rear were a real deep, real dark grey colour, and some of the other ones were lighter in colour, but maybe like a light- or medium-brown type of thing. The larger ones in the rear had real large top units and large bottom units to them and were sitting on metal saw-horses to hold them up off the ground.

Howe: And did the colonel try to explain, or did he have knowledge or any understanding of the propulsion system of the extraterrestrial craft?

Kewper: That question was asked, and he mentioned it was electromagnetic/antigravitational-type engines. But some of the craft had other propulsion systems also, but he didn't go into great detail on other propulsions. Apparently it was like antimatter propulsion on one of the units, something of that nature.

And I saw they'd tried to reverse-engineer one craft, so part of it was taken apart. They were trying to figure out how it works, and he was explaining to us that there really was no physical motor in that thing. The entire disc was like an electronic circuit, and the aliens had to be inside of this disc to complete the electronic circuit to make it fly. The Area 51 people knew that, because they had tried to make that one fly. It was just like a battery electrical unit; it worked with antigravitational/electromagnetic drive, but the whole saucer itself was like the drive of the ship. It was all coated with nickel inside and it was like a giant circuit, an electronic circuit. And it took the aliens to complete the circuit because they were tied right in with it: they had headbands they wore that had detectors on, and they had finger-type board control where they could fly the craft.

~

Kewper: Right, in 1958 [while visiting Area 51]. I asked him [Colonel Jim], "Why do you continue to cover this up?" Well, he said it was covered originally because the Cold War was just starting and somebody up in the governmentI'm sure it was probably President Trumanhad requested a tight cover on this because with the Cold War starting and now having aliens flying around, he thought it would be too much for the American public all at once. But it was perpetuated, and even to this day they are still covering it with balloon stories.

Howe: Now it is 1998. This is 40 years after you first saw the 16-mm black and white film of the six-fingered humanoid dissection, and there still appears to be a policy of silence and denial about this extraterrestrial interaction. Why do you think the government has not told the United States and the world what they know?

Kewper: You would think they would have by now. But I know that at the same time through the Cold War era back in the 1950sI was involved with itthe CIA in a lot of cases in regards to these unidentified flying objects did contact and work with even the Russians during that time of the Cold War to see what they had, because the Russians had contacted us in regards to UFOs as they had UFO sightings also. They contacted us because they thought it might be some kind of advanced flying craft that we had, and they were calling us to warn us to keep them out of their area because they thought they were our craft. We told them they were not ours.

Howe: If Russia and the United States were secretly trying to talk with each other about an extraterrestrial presence, did you ever have any further information over the last 40 years about what our government's understanding of the agenda or intent of these beings is by now?

Kewper: I know that we have worked together with Russia on this, especially since the Gorbachev thing and we became more friendly; and that Russia is involved with particle beam weapons, too, from satellite and from ground. We had actually given them the particle beam weapon to be able to shoot down any of the saucer craft.

~

Any encounter with entities known to be of extraterrestrial origin is to be considered to be a matter of national security and therefore classified TOP SECRET. Under no circumstance is the general public or the public press to learn of the existence of these entities. The official government policy is that such creatures do not exist, and that no agency of the federal government is now engaged in any study of extraterrestrials or their artifacts. Any deviation from this stated policy is absolutely forbidden.

About the Author:
Linda Moulton Howe is a graduate of Stanford University, USA, and has a Masters Degree in Communication. She is a science and environmental reporter for radio and television. Her film documentaries, A Strange Harvest and Strange Harvests 1993, explored the worldwide animal mutilations phenomenon. Her books include An Alien Harvest, Glimpses of Other Realities-Volume I: Facts & Eyewitnesses, and, most recently, Glimpses of Other Realities-Volume II: High Strangeness (Paper Chase Press, USA, phone (702) 826 5947; see review this issue).

This post has been edited by Mr_Merlin: May 22 2005, 04:19 PM

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

bym
post May 22 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #10

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings Mr_Merlin!
It has been awhile since our last get-together... On an Editorial Note:
Please do not post large excerpts from books in your replies. Though the story is fascinating...we don't have the space to publish whole texts. I'm very happy that you referenced the quote but not all of the quote was necessary to illustrate your point. It took me 15 minutes to digest this narrative and I'm not slow. Please edit it or I or some other Mod will...Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

pratyahara
post Jan 28 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

i must appologise as I don't have time to read all the posts, but I have one thought to offer.
Why do we as humans insist on pretending we have knowledge of things we have absolutely no knowledge about? Why do some people scoff and laugh at UFO experiences when they have read NOTHING, know NOTHING and have had ZERO direct experience of them?
It reminds me of people who think it's so silly that some people think JFK was killed by a group of conspirators. Oh, them and their cute theories! Guess who also thinks that it was a conspiracy? The nameas would astound you. The evidence is over whelming-but you ask one of these Nimrods (Biblical name in OT believe it or not) if they've ever talked to a witness, ever read a book, ever tried to connect the facts/contradictions? NO, always NO. BUT I KNOW IT WAS OSWALD!
They know. They know there are no UFO's. They know that LHO killed JFK. They KNOW. How? The same way they know that only idiots believe in Magic and spirits and life after death and reincarnation and destiny and all the other shit we take as given. The stuff we accept as part of life is ridiculous nonsense to them. So don't be one of them. If you know nothing about a topic, shut up. If someone asks you about brain surgery-shut up! Unless you're a brain surgeon.
There is a story about a skeptic whose brother was a psychic/mystic whatever. He says, "I don't believe in it unless I can see it. I don't believe in God, spirits or UFO's."
"Why does the tide go out and come in," the psychic brother asked him.
"Gravity! Everyone knows that!"
"Can you touch it, see it, smell it?"
"No but there is evidence of..."

+Quote Post

pratyahara
post Jan 28 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

"Enough said. There is evidence enough of everything I say as well. You just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit you preconceived idea of reality. No shut up and breathe the non-exitent air."
Prat
PS Sorry, hit wrong button and sent message before I was done.

+Quote Post

Psypocalypse
post Feb 12 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

One night I was sitting outside having a fag. The sky was full of thick, fluffy clouds. I was looking up to see the stars in the gaps between the clouds when suddenly all the clouds lit up with a strange misty green colour which continued for a few minutes and then just as suddenly vanished. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 15 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #14

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Have you ever seen a UFO... ON WEEED?? I have many a time. I think its the only way we can see through their cloaking technology. And if you can get really stoned you can actually talk to them! And they'll talk back!! talk about a long distance phone call and the service charge from you drug dealer is usually pretty steep but WAOW MAN!

No I really think we're all crack pots and maybe pot heads who don't "know" anything just guess and side with opinion while bickering about other opinions - human nature. The only way we could "know" anything and everything about actual UFOs is to storm the pentagon and every other military institution in search of all the info they keep from us. Which Americans are still pretty bent on trusting ole uncle sam and keeping ET as more of a novelty and tourist attraction. You know - capitialism is what we're about. That doesn't include any knowable "truths".

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

ZigZag
post Apr 15 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #15

Initiate
Group Icon

My father has sawn a buzzing cloud , and told me that it looked like a cloud but he is not sure and it was wery loud , small and fast . It was going nearer him.
I think he has sawn an UFO beacouse in that area ( i live in Macedonia ) people say that they see thing like this too.
And for Aliens i can say that they exist , we could not be alone in this dramaticly huge galaxy , no dont we. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

osiris1313
post Jun 12 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

I would like to believe in UFO's makes things more interesting but i believe in military test more lol

+Quote Post

SPoison
post Jul 10 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

Heh, I saw something I believe to be a UFO just last week I believe. It was maybe saturday or sunday and me and my mom were on our way to watch fireworks in Elephant Butte Lake, New Mexico. (Yes, us New Mexicans are wierd, we have fireworks on the WEEKEND not the Fourth...) Anyway, on our way there my mom pointed out the strangest formation of lights I've ever seen. Simply hovering in the air. No not fireworks, but I'll leave it to imagination!

--------------------
A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind. - Iranian (on wisdom)

Feel your center of power... Feel the world around you... Close your eyes and expect the unexpected...

Knowledge is universal

+Quote Post

tyke
post Sep 26 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #18

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

I saw lots of flickering lights when I indulged on aya huasca (salviasupply.com). One of the best mind trips ever!

But seriously: I believe in UFOs. The universe is bound to have more than just US!

--------------------
Does your response rate stink? Is your salesletter or website dull, unproductive, perhaps even losing money right now?

If you want to maximize your copy's selling power, then this website may be exactly what you need.

Hi. My name is Michel Fortin. When top marketers demand hard-hitting copy that sells like crazy, I'm the one they turn to. In fact, I've written copy that sold millions of dollars in just a few hours. Literally.

Browse around. You'll find articles, tips, shortcuts, secrets, resources and services to help boost your business, your bottom line and your bank account.

Enjoy the ride,
Michel Fortin
www.SuccessDoctor.com

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Sep 27 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #19

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Greetings

I have NO problem accepting UFOs. If you read all the ancient texts which report them plus the hundreds of thousands of eye witness accounts in the last thirty years ... there is only ONE conclusion to be made. UFO's exist. It is just the MYSTERY of WHAT they are. The higher echelons of governments KNOW UFO's are out there. It is fact.

I am currently in Qatar working (not for much longer though). Recently ... last week ... on the way to work I spied a hovering dark craft to my right. It had suddenly appeared and was not an airplane or helicopter. I noted it for about five seconds as saw it was oval in shape. it appeared much like a 'skin' had fallen off the reality ahead of me to reveal something on another reality level. It then disappeared. Later that day ... at night ... I was visited by several blue military like UFO's in dream state. Except it was not dream state. It was an altered state of awareness in which I had full control. I ventured to a building close to where the last UFO had landed. In the building were dozens of humanoid like beings with dark skins and green eyes. I was greeted by a group of them. Men. Very human but not of earth. I asked them where they were from and why their eyes were green. They explained they were from 'earth' of a different frequency. Come to meet with the likes of me here. To communicate and help change the way of thinking here. To destroy the vibration known as fear to us here. For it is fear which stops us seeing the truth. They peeled off their green lens to reveal they were like robots ....

Interesting eh?

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 27 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #20

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(Psypocalypse @ Feb 12 2006, 06:48 AM) *
One night I was sitting outside having a fag. The sky was full of thick, fluffy clouds. I was looking up to see the stars in the gaps between the clouds when suddenly all the clouds lit up with a strange misty green colour which continued for a few minutes and then just as suddenly vanished. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wizard.gif)

No one wants to hear about your sexual experiences bro! LOL. You are from England? In the U.S. fag has a different meaning than ciggarette. Thought it was funny.

Peace

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 27 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #21

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

UFO's really are a modern concept. In days gone by people didn't have the vocabulary to explain space ships or aliens. Instead they had the God's in the sky. People weren't abducted, they had vissions. They were whisked away by the Gods to some strange otherworldly realm, not a space ship. Prophets who saw beings in brilliant light saw angels or demons, not aliens.

Only in the past say 200 years have people really had the science to explain the possibility of air ships, let alone people from other worlds and possibly different realities. As we continue to develope and advance its no wonder that what we're seeing in the sky and in our dreams would take on a new gise. I certainly believe there is something to all this we don't fully know yet. And I do believe that as we continue to advance as a species what is truely going on will enevitably be revealed to us. I only hope that when we get to that point, regardless if its within my life time, that what we find is positive to us as a species. It might turn out to be some natural phenomenom that triggers these things. It just might be ET. Or maybe even people from the future or alternate earths. Who knows?

But a UFO doesn't mean aliens in the sky. I don't care what anybody says. Just because one sees something in the sky that doesn't make sense to them doesn't mean its extraterrestrial. IN fact I think people who jump to that conclusion are stupid to do so. It flies in the face of reason. When I was a little kid I used to see strange lights forming patterns in the sky every day at about dusk. (this isn't the same experience I described earlier). Now these lights looked like they could be from airplains. The problem was airplains move. These lights didn't move and there was always multiple lights that seemed to hoover and just fade away. Then one night later in life when I had a license I desided to investigate.

Now what these lights were? Airplains. They were small aircraft comming *to and from* a local airport. That to and from part is important because it explains why the lights appeared to hoover and randomly disappear in the sky - From my vantage point looking in the southern skies at dusk the light from the sun was angled just right so that it reflected off the arcraft in the sky. The fact that the majority of the plains were heading north and south (as well as landing) meant that as a child looking south into the sky I saw these lights from a linear point of view. They appeared to hooever and disappear simply because of the way they were flying to and from the airport. This expierenced prooved to me that unless what one sees is truely remarkable (like when I saw the ball lightning) the human mind can not be trusted to accurately percieve objects in the sky.

As far as the alledged evidence from ancient sources and texts. Some people point to cave paintings and the Nazca lines or pyramids, not mention art work from through out all the ages, as evidence of ET interaction. I say don't doubt the human mind's ability to imagine. Especially if its being influenced by natural phenomenom it doesn't understand. As a child I didn't convieve that the light from an airplain heading away from me could explain hoovering lights in the sky. Imagine being a cave man and having just ate some plant or animal that had a hallucinogen. That could explain vissions and of course people will want to express their expeirences but with out the written language there's little verification.

While I do think its important to realize that the shear vastness of space indicates the probability that we are not alone and I think its important to not even throw out the alien visitation idea (that some ufos can be aliens and people can be abducted) I don't think we should be so quick to explain away the things we see in the sky as extraterrestrial. Its just irrational.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Sep 27 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #22

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

As vast as the stars are we would be foolish to think that life does not exsist out there somewhere. I am sure it does. Whether or not it is advanced enough to cross the stars is another question. Certainly it is possible. However why would such an intelligent race of beings come here and stick probes up cows a$$es?

There seems to be some kind of Government cover up over the area 51 thing. What ever that is really about I doubt we will ever know.

Peace

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Oct 5 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #23

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

There is something going on at area 51 the government is trying to cover up. After WW2 part of the spoils of war were captured technologies. Both Germany and Japan had a series of designs and research programs that were meant to develope high tech, unconventional weapons. Their research was incorperated into the already existing allied program to develope tech. Area 51, and probably other sites as well, are testing/developing sites for unconventional technology. Where both Germany and Japan were unable to finish their research the Allies were able to work together pretty much unhindered. In fact it was a competition to develope these and other technologies between the US and USSR.

What the government covers up is the extent of the research. Even the US is responsible for researching chemical warfare. Who knows? Maybe somewhere they really did aquire alien technology. Then again I would not understate human innovation. Given the technology of various ages humans have done some remarkable things. And given the right conditions with the right people and reasources the technology places like Area 51 tests just might seem alien to us.

It certainly is not impossible that aliens truely do visit. I do believe in light of so many sightings and abtuctee reports we should not rule out the alien theory. But we really should work together to get some real evidence that points one way or the other before we side with any theory and perpetuate it as gospel.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

sithhunter
post Oct 28 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #24

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think that there are different kinds of UFO's and that some of them are still unexplained. I'm not a big one for conspiracy theory, but people in the position to do so have seen some really weird things. I always wonder at the things that submarine officers must experience in the deep ocean. The world has some strange things in it.

If there are aliens, and I'm sure there are, when we contact them, they will be so alien that they drive us mad. If they're our equals we'll drive them mad too, but if they've traveled all this way then we're toast, because they'll be vastly superior. That's my personal opinion, but I don't have any direct facts to back it up.

--------------------
You enter into the gibbering madness, the attack of alien forces so bizarre and profane that it stains your soul, and you exit into the next world a stronger man.

+Quote Post

plainsight
post Jan 15 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #25

Zelator
Group Icon

When it comes to UFOs I'm a skeptic. The other day, my brother and I were driving on a highway in the country when I noticed a shiney metallic object in the sky. This was during broad daylight. I pointed it out to my brother and he looked at it. It disappeared and then reappeared then disappeared into the clouds. It didnt seem to make any sounds. It could have been an airplane or UFO, however that isn't the point. The point is, afterwards when I asked my brother about it, he just flat out denied it. It just pisses me off when you have something going on right in front of someone, and they just deny it. Its worst than being blind! Yes, he got slapped afterwards~"Thou shall not give false testimony".

+Quote Post

dynajam
post Jan 16 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #26

Neophyte
Group Icon

I've always thought that there was one possible explanation of UFOs that made sense... if you list the most common behaviours of UFOs...

UFOs randomly appear and disappear, often manifesting around historically important dates or places. They avoid contact with us at all costs. They are high tech futuristic machines. Who would behave like that?

Time travelers would. People coming back from the future to have a peek at the past. Just a thought...

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jan 17 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #27

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

And with the time travel theory it opens the possibility that they might even be beings from alternate dimentions. With limmitless or near limmitless possibilities of other realities there are likely some extremely advanced races out there. Some scientist seem o think that with the energy requirements needed to travel the vast distance of space, even worm hole tech would take a monsterous amount of resources, maybe going between other realities or time-space dimentions would be easier.
UFOs randomly appear and disappear, often manifesting around historically important dates or places. They avoid contact with us at all costs. They are high tech futuristic machines. Who would behave like that?

The government would also act covertly to prevent exposure. Also in Star Trek the Federation had a policy to not interfear with the natural developement of other civilizations. And there are some obvious reasons. The Federation had technology that could be used for war and races who weren't as "developed" might not be able to handle the introduction of such advanced tech. So be they aliens, or whatever maybe they are trying to not interfere with our developement. Then again such vastly more intelligent entities may have already deduced from the way we treat each other and our planet that we are not capable of handling their advanced tech. Or they want us contained to this ball of dirt and not spread our brutallity to the rest of galaxy.

Another option is that they are probing us to see how we react. They don't want to just come down and say "hey we're aliens hows it goin", knowing that the impact of this introduction could destabilize the balance of power on our planet and result in possible catastrophe. So instead they study us, manipulate us, from a distance using their technology only to observe and prevent exposure. For all we know they could have a base on the dark side of the moon or have some kind of space craft cloaked some thousands of miles from Earth.

The reality is still that we do not have enough evidence to say for certain one way or the other. But I do believe there is something to all the sightings and abductee reports.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse