Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Lost A Tarot Card, what to do when you lose a card?
A_Smoking_Fox
post Dec 25 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

hello.

About half a year ago i lost myself a tarot card in my crowley toth tarot deck.
The card in question was the card strength in the wands.

Now, one of the reasons i am concerned about this is because of the properties of that card.
Could it have an effect of me of losing part of the property strength in me.

For now, i am not certain it had any effect, but i want to make sure.
Also, i wonder what to do with my tarot deck that is missing a card now, i started using another spare deck i still had laying around.
I'm kind of sad, since the crowley toth was my main deck i used all the time.

What are your thoughts, advise on losing a tarot card. What should i do with the deck now and what should i do with the missing card.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/oops.gif)

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

business voodoo
post Dec 30 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

well, i didn't lose a card, but my daughter quite literally ate one of them ... justice to be exact, ate a hole right in the middle of it. she was about 2 years old at the time, they put everything in their mouth, even tarot cards. what i did is kept what was left of the card and replaced it with a representative card ... my deck, the mother peace tarot, had a prayer on a card and i use that card in its place. and while i did buy a second deck (the smaller travel deck) so i would have a complete one, i've been using my deck in this form for over 4 years now, with no real problems and it is my preferred deck even over the "complete" deck.

i know you can often order a replacement card from the printers of the decks and many people do that ...

if you use a pendulum or other similar form of divination/answering system, i would find out if its truly lost or just something you need to look for ... while sometimes things just get lost and you need to go through dealing with that, sometimes its the journey of finding the lost thing that brought that experience to you in the first place. the significance of the card could be relevant as well ... sometimes things are just what they are and its about getting on with replacing the card and moving forward and sometimes its about the focus of the journey, only you can answer whether this is speaking to you on a deeper level.

i would try to find the card and in the meantime, contact the printer and find out how to get a new card to get your deck back in working order ... sometimes just putting wheels in motion and a deep cleaning of the sofa cushions and energy movement in the house can bring everything back to working order very quickly.

good luck!

--------------------
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
listen to "THE sideREAL world" on BlogTalkRadio
Live or Pod Cast ... http://www.blogtalkradio.com/businessvoodoo

+Quote Post

Mirima Coile
post Jan 2 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

I would assume that you could use a substitute, whether from another deck, or one that you make. I imagine that as long as it resembled the old one, if it meant the same thing to you, it should be ok. I really don't know, I know nothing about Tarot..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idontknow.gif)
I would make a new one and shuffle it back in the deck, put some psi energy in the whole thing. Idk, I'm prolly sounding really stupid, lol.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/doh.gif)

~ Jenny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------
Hazy four o'clock shadows
Commence the séance
Nine lives on the spirits

We have toasters in this country...and they lie to us! Because it has numbers from one to six and it lies to us!
Late last night and the night before,
Tommyknockers, Tommyknockers,
knocking at the door.
I want to go out, don't know if I can,
'cause I'm so afraid
of the Tommyknocker man.

Yay, my computer is back up!

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes