Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 The Women Of My Dreams
Hoath
post Feb 18 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Initiate
Group Icon

Its been a long time since i had one of these dreams. I mentioned a few posts ago how before Alisa i would have dreams of a women, one i loved with all my heart, and she loved me. Last night, for the first time in years, i had this dream again. It wasn't the same as when i used to dream about her. Before she was always out of reach, love from a distance but a clear connection. This time we were together, holding each other, a few kisses, nothing perverted. But there was such a profound sense of connection, and love. The amazing thing is we never spoke once, we didn't share any words, but were closer then words could ever bring us.

It is never a very sexual dream. In the past we never even made physical contact. For example one dream i used to have i was sitting on the bed, with a few friends, lying back. We felt so much comfort being in each others presence. This time was the first time. We were sitting in a cafe, at Starbucks, on the sofas they have. She reached for my hand to hold it innocently. She didn't rub all over me, or look for her first chance to make a move. She just held my hand, and i could feel everything she felt. Then we kissed, one gentle smooch on the lips, no tung, but it felt so perfect. Then she turned her back to me and lay her head on my lap. Its hard for me to explain how amazing this felt. The actions in the dream were nothing special. But the connection, the comfort, and the power of the moment, all intangible things, where, and always have been spectacular. I just hope one day i get to be with this women in real life.

---------------
~~~http://www.cubicpath.org/bb - A wiki and forum for Magick, Occult, and Philosophy.~~~

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Scáthach
post Mar 11 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hoath @ Feb 18 2007, 07:26 PM) *
Its been a long time since i had one of these dreams. I mentioned a few posts ago how before Alisa i would have dreams of a women, one i loved with all my heart, and she loved me. Last night, for the first time in years, i had this dream again. It wasn't the same as when i used to dream about her. Before she was always out of reach, love from a distance but a clear connection. This time we were together, holding each other, a few kisses, nothing perverted. But there was such a profound sense of connection, and love. The amazing thing is we never spoke once, we didn't share any words, but were closer then words could ever bring us.

It is never a very sexual dream. In the past we never even made physical contact. For example one dream i used to have i was sitting on the bed, with a few friends, lying back. We felt so much comfort being in each others presence. This time was the first time. We were sitting in a cafe, at Starbucks, on the sofas they have. She reached for my hand to hold it innocently. She didn't rub all over me, or look for her first chance to make a move. She just held my hand, and i could feel everything she felt. Then we kissed, one gentle smooch on the lips, no tung, but it felt so perfect. Then she turned her back to me and lay her head on my lap. Its hard for me to explain how amazing this felt. The actions in the dream were nothing special. But the connection, the comfort, and the power of the moment, all intangible things, where, and always have been spectacular. I just hope one day i get to be with this women in real life.

---------------
~~~http://www.cubicpath.org/bb - A wiki and forum for Magick, Occult, and Philosophy.~~~

Hoath, I am assuming you are a heterosexual male, if not you can feel free to correct me, it sounds to me from my limited knowledge of Jungian psychology like a classic "Anima" dream in which you make contact you the other half of you, in this case presumably your psyche.
These dreams are often profound and revelatory as regards yourself and your life, it may mean you are becoming more whole, or being offered a glimpse into your potential as a complete human being. It may just be a simple wish-fulfillment dream ie- you want a more intimate relationship with a woman, but if it felt significant spiritually to you don't be put off by people rubbishing it as wishfull thinking. Look toward your psyche, she may just have the answers you seek.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Mar 19 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I would second Scathatch's post. The leading theory behind the meaning of the people we see in dreams is that what we see represents aspects of ourself. So every person that appears in your dreams is somehow a representation of something that is in you, in your personallity. Taken that point of view a - woman you love very much in a non-sexual way, to me, would represent your own feminine side. The fact that you both, 'you both' in the context of your dream, demonstrated love but did not speak to me shows a lack of self communication. That while you are happy with your feminine side, you might not be expressing it in ways you'd like. In my opinion, while they say when we marry people like ourselves it never lasts, that opposites do attract, I think to a certain extent we do want be with those who can at least relate to our feminine/masculine side.

When I interpret dreams I do so from three different angles. And I do so by asking myself questions.

One; What is the internal meaning? How does an aspect of a dream relate to my inner self? - thats mind, body and spirit, not just personallity.
Two; what are any external meanings? - What does an aspect share with the environment around me?
Three; are there any metaphorical meaning? In other words are there any hidden meanings, things my mind would like to say to me but cannot find the right words, so to speak.

While this is a rather rudamentary approach, it'll give you an interpretation of your dream based from yourself, what you know and have experienced. If the dream is still clear in your head you can copy this process and see if you find anything else.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse