Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Simon Necronomicon Vs. Necronomicon The Wanderings Of Alhazred, I'm not familiar with either
Frater Soutaw
post Mar 28 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I found Donald Tyson's Necronomicon in the library to day and I am about to start reading it ... I am looking for my purpose in life and for the few years I have been sober enough to realize it I have been drawn to darkness demons the opposition of the norn and what some may call evil but I call freedom...
This has me looking into things like Mystery Schools Fairy Magic Satanic philosophy and now the Necronomicon.... the Simon Necronomicon is the book I've heard of and do believe I have been reading from this website

http://www.lovespells-magicspells.com/Paid...on_Part_1_A.htm

(stumbled upon this very page not the home page wile looking for Info on the Lesser Key of the Goetia)

... Is there reason this is the more popular book? I suppose I'll find out when I finish reading them both and I'm sure there are other versions that I will read also but I am curious why Simon Necro is best.

This post has been edited by Edunpanna: Mar 29 2007, 07:41 AM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Mar 29 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

Read around here in the Necronomicon thread and investigate. After some time your question will be answered.

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR NUDIMMUD KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR OANNES KANPA!

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Mar 29 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Greetings

The Tyson is just a noval it dos introduce some new magical ideas but it is not really a grimore .
Also it brings in a lot of anti Arab racism if you read it carefully and as the publisher a big greedy corporation one can only wonder if they got a kick back from the mussad .

Nebo

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Mar 29 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #4

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings Brother Mudu Lu Atzu

My memory might be scratchy but its Donald Tyson and George Hay right? They admit that they just wrote the book as a humorous account of Lovecraftian Magick. However I have heard of some people using it. Even though its very recently made it can work through ritual. Consider that all of the Grimores were at one point written.

I have read it but did not try the Tyson edition in ritual. I did think it was really funny. I totally agree with you that it is a deliberate and admitted hoax.

I believe that Ashnook has experimented with it somewhat.

Simons Necronomicon like all Grimores also has dubious origins.

Greetings Frater Soutaw,

If you like H.P. Lovecraft the Tyson version will be entertaining. If you are experienced with magick systems you could use it effectively. It has a fun value.

Simons Necronomicon regardless of its origins works very effectively with even a minimum amount of effort.

Simon has given pretty good argument as to the manuscripts authenticity. It is a stolen manuscript so even if it had not been burned it could not be held up for public inspection.

At some point all of the old texts were forged however. Certainly King Solomon King of Israel did not write the Lemegeton. It was clearly written in the Medieval age. That has absolutely no bearing on the very real power of the Lemegeton.

The book of Abra-Melin the Mage was also clearly made up. It’s a beautiful bedtime story but as grown ups we understand that the things claimed in the story did not actually happen. Regardless it is a powerful and dangerous text.

The reason so many people in the occult world Nay-Say Simons Necronomicon is because of its relative newness. Its not even 100 years old yet. Probably in a couple hundred years it will be viewed on an equal level with other Grimores. And in truth it is already on that level.

Again Tyson admits his book is a hoax that it is intended for Lovecraft readers to enjoy. However in making up his little system did he not create something? Certainly. I would be doubtful of the results obtained. I did think that the gang like hand signs in the book were kinda cool though.

Like Brother Eabatu said search The Necronomicon section here on the forum. We have the largest amount of information available on the internet here at Sacred Magick.

May Asarualim shine light into the darkened places and give you good council in these secret things. <#11 of the 50 names of Marduk.>

Peace

This post has been edited by Edunpanna: Mar 29 2007, 01:32 PM

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Mar 29 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Edunpanna @ Mar 29 2007, 03:30 PM) *
Greetings Brother Mudu Lu Atzu

My memory might be scratchy but its Donald Tyson and George Hay right? They admit that they just wrote the book as a humorous account of Lovecraftian Magick. However I have heard of some people using it. Even though its very recently made it can work through ritual. Consider that all of the Grimores were at one point written.

I have read it but did not try the Tyson edition in ritual. I did think it was really funny. I totally agree with you that it is a deliberate and admitted hoax.

I believe that Ashnook has experimented with it somewhat.

Simons Necronomicon like all Grimores also has dubious origins.

Greetings Frater Soutaw,

If you like H.P. Lovecraft the Tyson version will be entertaining. If you are experienced with magick systems you could use it effectively. It has a fun value.

Simons Necronomicon regardless of its origins works very effectively with even a minimum amount of effort.

Simon has given pretty good argument as to the manuscripts authenticity. It is a stolen manuscript so even if it had not been burned it could not be held up for public inspection.

At some point all of the old texts were forged however. Certainly King Solomon King of Israel did not write the Lemegeton. It was clearly written in the Medieval age. That has absolutely no bearing on the very real power of the Lemegeton.

The book of Abra-Melin the Mage was also clearly made up. It’s a beautiful bedtime story but as grown ups we understand that the things claimed in the story did not actually happen. Regardless it is a powerful and dangerous text.

The reason so many people in the occult world Nay-Say Simons Necronomicon is because of its relative newness. Its not even 100 years old yet. Probably in a couple hundred years it will be viewed on an equal level with other Grimores. And in truth it is already on that level.

Again Tyson admits his book is a hoax that it is intended for Lovecraft readers to enjoy. However in making up his little system did he not create something? Certainly. I would be doubtful of the results obtained. I did think that the gang like hand signs in the book were kinda cool though.

Like Brother Eabatu said search The Necronomicon section here on the forum. We have the largest amount of information available on the internet here at Sacred Magick.

May Asarualim shine light into the darkened places and give you good council in these secret things. <#11 of the 50 names of Marduk.>

Peace

Greetings Brother
I totally agree just about any 'Grimores" can be worked at magic to an experienced magician even if it's a total hoax.
IE lets take the "Tasgrie" delivered to Superman by the spirit of Jor El thru' Luis Lane if the writers of superman comics put lots of detail into the mythos of the "Tasgrie" then it can be worked as magic .

nebo

PS the owners of the rights to "Superman" can contact me thru' this web site about the "Tasgrie" i can use the money (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Neophyte
Group Icon

I disagree with this whole "lies becoming truths" -type reasoning for the simple belief that the classic grimoires were in fact more/less dictated from spirit guidance to scribes.
The Nec on the other hand was apparently made up by so many tricksters gathered round a round table.

Perhaps the 50 Names are authentic.

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Mar 30 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wezzard @ Mar 30 2007, 04:21 PM) *
I disagree with this whole "lies becoming truths"

History records many lies becomeing truths WW II is just one bloody example .N

-type reasoning for the simple belief that the classic grimoires were in fact more/less dictated from spirit guidance to scribes.

Ok Ill bye that one N

The Nec on the other hand was apparently made up by so many tricksters gathered round a round table.

apparently? exactly what did you percive to make that statement?N

Perhaps the 50 Names are authentic.

They are indeed so and recored on clay tablets N

Nebo

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Mar 30 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Some say Dr John Dee suggested ideas to Edward Kelly in the making of the Enochian Tables. But Im sure you would find any experimenters using those tables and callings hard pressed to say it is fake or a hoax when they have experienced success using that information. And that can apply to likely all grimoires. I have said this once and I will say it again, most magickal texts fall into the realm of forgery or hoax if one is hard pressed not to believe it can work. The Necronomicon is a fairly new text and is still being tested out. I for one have found significant success w/ it. Now if it is a forgery that says much for my will I suppose. Now if it is a legitamit magickal text CREATEED from a number of sources and processed thru the mind of Simon and then presented in its format we all know and love, then who is to say it is fake or a hoax. Sure Simon presented it (the Necronomicon) in a sensationalistic manner, but that was most likely to make it an interesting read for all besides serious magicians and therefore help sales. Now before anyone says that proves the text is a fake--look at all Crowley created in order to make money--Diary of a Drug Fiend comes to mind.

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!

+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

http://www.necfiles.org/simon.htm

There's it exactly if you insist--- sorry to pop your Nec bubble bud.

OK Mods, that's 27 posts now !

This post has been edited by Edunpanna: Mar 31 2007, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Mar 30 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

And the purpose of your -LOL- "attack" is?? Are you a salty OTO or GD member who is seeing your system falling apart piece by piece being usurped by Chaos magick and its vibrant energy of the Necronomicon and its every present motion where as the OTO and GD are shells of their former selves vomiting up the same rhetoric over and over never creating or discovering anything new. I guess its safer to discredit than take up a hands on experiment.

BTW pal, Dan Harms is a jealous idiot who has it out for Simon for some personal reason I guess. Harms claim to fame is attacking Simon--likely NEVER testing out his theory likely becasue hes a fraud himself and a coward--but hes ur boy--right????

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!

+Quote Post

Nosotro Tehuti
post Mar 30 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

I don't know you the f%*! you think you are Wezzard. But providing a link to a bullshit website certainly doesn't prove your retarded nonsense. When you are ready to sit at the adults table then come back. Until then go enjoy your time in the magickal sand box with the other kiddies, like Harms.

--------------------

ILAT ENKI, IMHAS INA LIBBU INE SU'ATI AMELNAKRU MANNU EMU SHU GUSHTUKUL ELI INA DINGIR!

+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

Posting in all caps locked is not permitted. Edunpanna

This post has been edited by Edunpanna: Mar 31 2007, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Mar 30 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wezzard @ Mar 30 2007, 07:41 PM) *
jEEZ, TOUCHE' !
aRE YOU REALLY ANGRY ? MUSTA TOUCHED SOMETHIN !
wOULD ONE OF YOU WISE WIZARDS BE SO PATIENT & KIND ENOUGH TO GRACE UPON A 'LIL KID SIITIN' AT THEIR TABLE EATIN BUT CRUMBS AN ITINARY OF WHY/WHERE THE bs., OR SALTY RETARDATION OF THAT REPORT IS ?

nO CRAP 'BOUT THE CAPS PLS., KEYBORD MALFUNCTION.

Greetings Wezzard

Ok " 'LIL KID SIITIN' AT THEIR TABLE " that may be comeing down a lit too much but this hear "WISE WIZARD" was there in NYC
when the necro first came out in the wild crazy NY occult seen (hay buy some real books Simons 'Dead Names" is not on line yet.)
The magical child was but one shop been there a few times had a talk with the owner and with a customer in a suit about Arabic
alchemy (may have been Simon).
I was young and as such poor but had my "coven" of like minded friends ( and a few hot looking Lady's in that circle) did a bit of light sex magic made up our own rituals and one day a guy came in with a copy of the first edition of the Simon .
didn't know much about HP Lovecraft except that a few of his stores were made into a TV show .
My opinion was it was a "made up book" from the stores by olde HP but explained to the guy and the rest of the group the power is not in the book but the magician and at the time I was younger then you..
Well this hear WISE WIZARD lives well don't need a "job" not rich but secure own lots of land and my own house and lived hear about 20 years or so.
Well this WISE WIZARD got out of the so called rat race at the age of 33 gee may be I know what I'm talking about.

Nebo WISE WIZARD at large (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mf_popeanim.gif)

This post has been edited by nebo82: Mar 30 2007, 06:53 PM

+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Thanx for behaving sans condescending immaturity Nebo.

For 10+ yrs I 'owned & operated' hardcover copy #2871 of the 3rd editions' 3333 limited prints.
Then & only did I discover all those murmurs of hoax 'n fraud via. internet.
"So that's why it never worked", went I.

You're saying your monetary success' due to ol' Nec ?
Would you suppose one need the right 'Karma' to employ these powers effectively ?
I'd qualify all the above by stating I entertain no such doubts for the veracity of the GoetikGuys. 'Tis the real reason I'm befuddled in point of fact.

+Quote Post

Eabatu
post Mar 30 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Zelator
Group Icon

Ok Wezzard--tell me what revelation u gleaned from that "in depth" report u gave us a link to? It was Simons "Dead Names" in a condensed version as far as I can see. I got a question for you pal, why do you think Harms and Gonce really want to discredit Simon? To show us all the light?? How about this buddy, why dont you do some research on your own on the subject. That way you can find out for yourself how "fake" the Necronomicon is.

BTW-we are angry because we are sick of in-experienced nit-wits like you coming on this forum trash talking buyt never having any SELF found evidence to back up your trash talking. Its always using anothers "evidence" to "prove" ur point. But nothing ever gets proven because ur "evidence" isnt really evidence but slandering and the point proven is that u didnt try to discover the truth for urself. But most often I have found people like urself, Harms and Gonce are really coawrds who wont confront them who do use the book because deep down they fear it! THEY KNOW IT WORKS--thats why theyre trying to discredit it! They werent able to master it so they became salty and claimed it was a hoax. Thats typical occult hubris at play there.

But this "grand wizard" likes using hoaxes to perform Evolutionary magick---another hoax I like is the Book of the Law--that Crowley had one hell of an imagination I tell ya......

--------------------
IA ZI DINGIR ENKI KANPA!
IA ZI DINGIR EA KANPA!

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Mar 30 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #16

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wezzard @ Mar 30 2007, 09:32 PM) *
Thanx for behaving sans condescending immaturity Nebo.

For 10+ yrs I 'owned & operated' hardcover copy #2871 of the 3rd editions' 3333 limited prints.
"So that's why it never worked", went I.

You're saying your monetary success' due to ol' Nec ?
Would you suppose one need the right 'Karma' to employ these powers effectively ?
I'd qualify all the above by stating I entertain no such doubts for the veracity of the GoetikGuys. 'Tis the real reason I'm befuddled in point of fact.

"You're saying your monetary success' due to ol' Nec ?" no not exactly but my statement the the powers in the magician a book can help find that power for me it was a 1970's paperback costing me $1.25 + tax .
I find working the necro gives me even more power and understanding.
"Then & only did I discover all those murmurs of hoax 'n fraud via. internet." so what it's a hoax a noted expermental scientist once said "if it works use it"

"Would you suppose one need the right 'Karma' to employ these powers effectively ?" Karma !!!??? llet the ageing hippys worry about that crap (never did like John Lennon) and I don't need a guru.

"For 10+ yrs I 'owned & operated' hardcover copy #2871 of the 3rd editions' 3333 limited prints.
"So that's why it never worked", went I."

may be the Arabic and Sumerian imagery don't click with you if you think Arabs are in some way subhuman don't work the necro (there childern of INANNA) it just may not be your 'key" to the power keep looking.

Nebo

+Quote Post

Nosotro Tehuti
post Mar 30 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

I hear you well about that silly old Book of the Law Brother Eabatu! I bet when Crowley came up with that one, and Blavatsky wrote Isis Unvieled they were just wringing their hands in glee over the wonderful 'hoaxs' that they'd created and all the money it would make for them!'

That's what you don't get Wezzard. You like calling the Necronomicon a hoax. I found that the only time a practioner calls a tome a hoax is when they have failed at using it properly and need to defend their own broken pride.
When the Necronomicon was brought about it open a channel reconnection to truly primordial powers. It provided mantra's, incantations and visual cues for contact. So how can it be a hoax? The Gods and Goddesses it deals with are well documented as having been worshipped for thousands of years. The clay tablets holding the names and functions of these divinities are still extent in museum's worldwide.
The Necronomicon is an easy target for trash talkers for reasons. First is that very few are ever able to use it right (so they call it fake). Second is that Simon made the unfortunate decision to call it the 'Necronomion'. The book has no less validity than the Lemegeton or the Arbatel, except they have names that weren't first used by a horror author.
When it comes to magickal tomes, it's the results that matter, not the age of them, or who wrote them. It's the results.
As for your question about needing the right karma to use it. No, I don't believe so. Use of the book doesn't stand up the consequences of old actions, but rather upon the consequences of actions yet to be taken.
And you are calling my post condescending and immature? Wasn't your second post in this thread in which you basically said, '' oh sorry, i didn't mean to come along and show you that your entire religion is false!'' You get what you give buddy. You want intelligent and mature replies then you should make intelligent and mature posts in the first place.

--------------------

ILAT ENKI, IMHAS INA LIBBU INE SU'ATI AMELNAKRU MANNU EMU SHU GUSHTUKUL ELI INA DINGIR!

+Quote Post

Wezzard
post Mar 30 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(nebo82 @ Mar 30 2007, 08:01 PM) *
"may be the Arabic and Sumerian imagery don't click with you if you think Arabs are in some way subhuman don't work the necro (there childern of INANNA) it just may not be your 'key" to the power keep looking.

Nebo

Yes Nebo, you've just supplied me with such an key, a missing link to the puzzle infact, believe it or not !
enPassing, nevertheless... how'd I missit...

Gracias

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Mar 30 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #19

Zelator
Group Icon

Folks this is a touchy subject. I think this thread should just be closed since its degenerated into a flame war. Mods do you agree?
gmcbroom

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Mar 31 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #20

Smasher666
Group Icon

QUOTE(gmcbroom @ Mar 30 2007, 11:34 PM) *
Folks this is a touchy subject. I think this thread should just be closed since its degenerated into a flame war. Mods do you agree?
gmcbroom

I am moving this topic to fight club. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sport_boxing.gif) Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Please state your opinion without resorting to insults.

+Quote Post

nebo82
post Apr 1 2007, 01:20 AM
Post #21

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wezzard @ Mar 30 2007, 10:23 PM) *
Yes Nebo, you've just supplied me with such an key, a missing link to the puzzle infact, believe it or not !
enPassing, nevertheless... how'd I missit...

Gracias

your welcome
But I ceretanly hope your 'key" has to do with imagery not raceism .

Nebo

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse