Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Notification On Topic Deletion
Helmut
post May 8 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm surprised to see the topic that I started called "Beginner's Ice Magick" has been deleted.

Not to make a fuss, but there was no reason to delete said topic and no warning of deletion of said topic. Also, there has been no confirmation to create another Class Lesson topic to replace the one deleted.

One can only wonder if this one will be deleted as well.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post May 8 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

Members with les than 30 posts can not even be considered for a class lessons topic per forum guidelines.

Moderators and administrators do not have to give notice of topic deletion. I do not think that someone would have deleted your topic if they wanted you to create another double posting of the same banished topic.

It is true that someone could delete this topic if they cared to. Particularly I do not care to delete this topic. However I do recommend that anyone interested in a teaching capacity on this forum have numerous posts far beyond the 30 posts necessary to fully access the forum. Also one should follow forum guidelines and get approved before beginning any instructional topic.

This is not a personal affront but merely someone on forum staff sticking to protocol.

Peace!

+Quote Post

Helmut
post May 8 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Members with les than 30 posts can not even be considered for a class lessons topic per forum guidelines.

I must not have seen that. Thanks for the clarification, but I do think it would be a wiser policy to be a bit more polite about these matters.

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 8 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #4

Practicus
Group Icon

QUOTE(Helmut @ May 8 2007, 05:23 PM) *
I must not have seen that. Thanks for the clarification, but I do think it would be a wiser policy to be a bit more polite about these matters.

I deleted the topic, and did so because I asked for your sources and received no reply, though you did make replies to other posts, in addition to the simple fact that our policy is as Edunpanna mentioned.

This forum is dedicated to intelligent discussion regarding occult philosophy, practice, and study. We don't support role-playing, nor do we abide those individuals looking to gain some kind of acclaim by making claims of ancient mysteries, secret organizations, or magickal powers they can't or won't back up.

So far you've put up all the red flags. If you'd like to turn it around, then study up, get involved with some intelligent debate, and think twice before throwing out some random comment about your secret authority of knowledge that no one else could comprehend, being as secret as it is. If you don't want to talk about your sources, then you won't be taken seriously. That's not just forum policy, that's the occult scene in general. We try and keep this forum's membership exclusive to serious practitioners and those who wish to become serious practitioners, where we can help it.

Now if you want to discuss the intricacies of ice magick, and you really are a grand master, etc., then start a discussion thread calling out people's opinions and theories on the matter, and debate it's origins, methodology, etc., but do so intelligently - if you're really an Ice Mage with all the expertise you claim to have, then discussing it in detail shouldn't be a difficulty. Throwing out a few cryptic comments to attract attention just won't fly, we know that game. If you, in reality, don't actually practice any of what you say you do, we'll be happy to help your education along, it's what we're here for. I for one prefer not to drop the ax straight away, because there are plenty of people that start out with fantastic claims and/or a somewhat delusional mindset about magick, who manage to get their feet under them good and firm in the end.

Pardon me for coming off as rude, but the reputation of the forum, as well as the education of newcomers to the occult field, is at stake in the matter. The members of the Mod Staff, the Administrators, and a large number of the members here, are hard-working, experienced practitioners, and we know the difference between a serious student and a charlatan.

peace

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse