Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Mbti Test
Acid09
post May 15 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Yeah so these tests were actually from a psychology class but I figure what the hell. Its entertaining to take a test that tells you about you.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is one of the most accurate and widely used personal inventory tests. Its used by employers, the military, psych wards, hospitals, schools and career developers. It gives a decent over view of one's personallity type and the kinds of jobs that would be best for that type. There are 16 personallity types which is nice because it doesn't narrow people down into "extreme", or catagories that loosely fit a person. I'm an ENTP. I actually had the chance to sit down with my advisor and really go over the results and I must say this test actually did describe me the best out of the other tests I've taken.

This link I actually snagged off another site. The one I actually did mailed the results to me and cost my college some 80 bucks a pop. But this link goes to a free version so enjoy and maybe you'll learn something new about yourself.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

This post has been edited by Acid09: May 15 2007, 04:41 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post May 15 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Smasher666
Group Icon

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 38 12 1

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Dont believe it! lol

+Quote Post

J*S
post May 15 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

Interesting. I did this a few years ago and got Submissive Introvert Abstract Feeler

Now I get Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiver.

"The Crafter Artisans are not only concrete in speech and utilitarian in getting things done, they are also directive and attentive in their social roles. Though directive like their Promoter counterparts, their directiveness is leavened by a good deal of attentiveness and seclusiveness. They do not approach strangers readily, but once in contact do not hesitate to tell them what to do. And they can be quite forceful in this, such that others tend to do their bidding.

Like the other Artisans, Crafters live a life of artful action, but their particular nature is most easily seen in their mastery of tools of any and all kinds, from microscopic drill to supersonic jet, from potter's wheel to grand piano, from a camera to a clarinet. Sometimes Crafters will use their body as a tool. A tool is any implement that extends or varies our human powers -- vehicles, musical instruments, cutting devices, and weapons are just four of the many categories of the tools that surround us. Most of us use tools in some capacity, of course, but Crafters (only ten per cent of the general population) are the true virtuosos of tool work, with a natural ability to command tools, to bend them to their wishes, and to become adept at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age Crafters are drawn to tools as to a magnet; tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must manipulate them. Indeed, if a given tool, whether scalpel or earthmover, is operated with a precision that defies belief, that operator is likely an Crafter."

Now my initial reaction is to think, "But I am useless with tools! I hate DIY"...then I think that I spent most of yesterday playing the violin and then in the evening I had a lesson in traditional British sword fighting techniques! I am a relative newcomer to both disciplines, and in each case the assessment of my tutors is that my rate of progress is (no false modesty here!) "amazing".

Perhaps I am, or at least have become, a "Crafter" after all!

--------------------
"If thou thyself hast not a sure foundation, whereon wilt thou stand to direct the forces of Nature?" Liber Librae, AC

+Quote Post

53rdspirit
post May 16 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am an ISTJ -the "Inspector Guardian," a very expressed introverted thinker. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/face08.gif)

Introverted 89
Sensing 12
Thinking 38
Judging 44

+Quote Post

Sarena
post Jul 4 2007, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

ENFP

# distinctively expressed extravert
# slightly expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

--------------------

Say there's weakness in an empty pocket No, I'll tell you there's weakness in an empty heart
You say there's strength in the power to control No, There's strength in only love and compassion

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Jul 4 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #6

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

I'm an ISTJ, through and through. Too bad the careers that they say are good for ISTJ's are all terrible bores... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif)

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Slayden
post Jul 4 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

Mastermind Rational (iNTj)

Introverted - 33%

Intuitive -
38%

Thinking - 12%

Judging - 22%

This is the second time I've been referred to as a Mastermind. The first time was an IQ test from Tickle.com, calling me a "Creative Mastermind" with an IQ of 140.

*reads through descriptions* Yup this is me. Ha ha ha I actually do say this sometimes! "Does it work?"

This post has been edited by Slayden: Jul 4 2007, 05:13 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

realm_crawler
post Jan 23 2008, 03:08 AM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 62 50 33

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Don,t know what to make of this but hey its always fun to see into ones head

--------------------

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Jan 23 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

I forgot to mention some of the guts to this test. When you score a percentage it means you are that much more likely to behave according to a given aspect than its counterpart. For example I scored 100 for extrovert. That means in any given situation, I am about 99.999999% more likely to behave like an extrovert vs. an introvert.

Now notice jlx's score he scored higher for extrovert but its only 11% so while there is deffinately a noticable dominance in this behavioral pattern, there is still a strong introvert aspect to his personallity. Basically the higher a score, the more domminate a given aspect is, but it doesn't mean its opposite doesn't play a role in the greater personality, its just a more passive quality. The lower, the more balanced it is with its opposite; a score of 0 (which is nearly impossible to score) means that there is a 50% chance a person might behave one way or the other.

This is another reason why the mbti is such a complex and thorough self inventory exam, not only are you given the personality type, but the degree to which it applies.

This post has been edited by Acid09: Jan 23 2008, 02:22 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Kirie
post Jul 11 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

INTP here.

I love the MBTI system, since it's actually accurate on practically everyone. If it isn't, then the type is wrong. I see the letters more as a framework than an actual personality, though.

Translating it back into Jung's system, the first and last letters become modifiers. J people use their judging functions (T and F) to relate to the outside world, while Ps do this with their perceiving functions (S and N) - so an INTP would use extroverted iNtuition + introverted Thinking and the INTJ introverted iNtuition + extroverted Thinking. I and E just say which of these functions is dominant, and which is secondary. The ENTP functions are Ne Ti Fe Si in order, for example. The last one is the undeveloped inferior function. Si usually refers to details from the past, from inside, from memory and relating those to the judging function. INTJ would have NiTeFiSe, Ni being 'eureka!', coming to (correct) conclusions from little or no data, envisioning youself, inner symbolism (contrast to Ne, which is finding the meanings and connections, reading between the lines, perceiving the bigger picture) and Se the function which perceives the world as it is. The INTP have Ti as their main function, which analyses data, meaning I love sitting and thinking about things; coupled with Ne, sitting and thinking about things such as physics, mathematics, or the nature of divinity.

The reason I've revived this thread: I've been wondering how and if this relates to magick. As an INTP, my inferior function is Fe, Feeling. Fe relates to other people and is the 'social' function (60-70% of the female population has this as dominant); recently, someone told me that my heart chakra is very undeveloped, that I don't use it at all. And P vs J - how does this relate to development? The xNxJ will naturally seek a moment, a second of 'enlightenment', that flash, which I've often seen pushed for in books. For a P, the process might be more important, walking the path and analyzing what's thrown your way. Or is there any difference?

I'm surprised so many here tested no-abstract-stuff-please Sensors and logical-realistic Thinkers. Heh.

+Quote Post

Velarius
post Jul 11 2008, 09:06 AM
Post #11

Neophyte
Group Icon

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences % 78 75 38 22

You are:
very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Idealist Portrait of the Counselor (INFJ)
Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

--------------------
In the end we belong to both the light and the darkness ... and in some ways ... to neither

Velarius - Wizard, Mystic, and Spiritualist

+Quote Post

Psyche
post Jul 11 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #12

Initiate
Group Icon

I've taken it before, and I'm INTJ to a fault. It suits.

--------------------
Plutonica.net, an esoteric blog
SpiralNature.com, an occult resource

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse