Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Questioning The Qbl'stic Ordering Of Practice.
Mchawi
post Jun 15 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

G*d created the universe in order according to the QBL starting with no-thing and working through all to maintain physical reality.

To become as G*d is to understand and function as thus in our everyday lives.

Why then do certain orders start with the last sphere and not the first, going up rather than down?

If all spheres work together to manifest in the very last how does it make sence to work from 10, to 9 and so on rather than the more fluid sounding 0 to 1?

Isn't this going against the grain, working whilst being influenced by the other spheres?

Opinions? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Frater Yechidah
post Jun 15 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

The world was created (or emanated) from the Ain Soph Aur and the Sephiroth through the Path of the Lightning Flash, from Kether, 1, to Malkuth, 10, the ultimate expression of form. However, in order to return to the true essence of God, we must start here in the physical, that is Malkuth, 10, and make our way back up to Kether (and beyond). In essence, the process from 1 to 10 describes the Creation and Man's Fall, while the process of 10 to 1 describes Man's Ascension, the Tiqqun, the Repairing of the World.

If we ascend the entire way, in order to embrace nothing, we would have to cease to exist. This world is positive existence, and negative existence is the Unmanifest. If we "become God", we don't necessarily have an everyday life. That said, we all contain Divine Sparks, so are, in essence, part of God as is. It is the return of these sparks to the Pleroma beyond the Three Negative Veils that is the ultimate goal of Qabalah.

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

--------------------
Gnothi Seauton - 37
"I saw the outline of a crown..."

+Quote Post

bym
post Jun 15 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)
In order to finally reach for the godhead, one must walk the paths upward. Leaping isn't something that is normally possible unless you have traversed the lower ways. Descent into the Qlippothic realms are an easier 'fall'. The Golden Dawn also listed a number of 'Veils' or barriers one must pass in order to ascend. There are also a shadow of these in the descent. Personally, I recommend upwards. If you are interested in the journey, then meander but do so in a balanced way. There will be many with differing opinions...check them out and make an informed decision.
I'm not strong on cabalistic philosophy but I also seem to remember of the four planes/worlds/etc. with Assiah being at the 'bottom' there exists the other three linked (in one way) Kether to Malkuth in ascending order. Next is Yetzirah, followed by Briah and followed by Atziluth. The Malkuth of Yetzirah superimposed on the Kether of Assiah. There are other connections but these will only confuse the issue at hand.
Assiah - physical
Yetzirah - Astral/Emotional
Briah - Archetypes/Mental
Atziluth - Godhead/Spiritual
Good Luck!
Check out more in the threads and classroom lectures! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Mchawi
post Jun 20 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #4

Zelator
Group Icon

Sorry. Was on a PDA phone typing this one. Thanks for the info.

Have been cross relating two paths, the other is Mantra based and works downwards from Kether to Malkuth - Atziluth to Assiah stating that as G*d created the world and everything within it is how we should plan everything, from business to what have you. In respect it makes sence either way but working in Assiah upwards means one has a tide of other influences to battle at all times, the former path seems more fluid.

Glad to be able to cross relate diffrent ideas on paths, am working on the G.D at the moment. Will enquire with the others and see their opinion.

+Quote Post

Pilgrim Child
post Jun 22 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Personally
I cannot act from a point of non-duality.
My identity as consciousness is held together by my physical form.
I love my wife and children above other humans.
I prefer some political beliefs to others. etc
For me to say otherwise would be for me to pretend.

In my opinion I think its easier to begin from where you are.
Although I can keep my highest aspirations in mind, There is much grist for the mill here and now.
I know many 'mystics' who seem to be lost in the act of blissful repression
a tactic which often creeps up and bites them on the ass.

So although each will find their own path -
working upwards (although I prefer to think of it as inwards) suits me fine.
But then we are taking of levels of consciousness here,
and I think this may be the point of your confusion.
The trip 'up' the tree is initiatory and related to from which level of consciousness you can operate and manifest.
There are however practical exercises in the same tradition which begin by opening a channel in Kether and working down the way,
much like the mantra technique you seem to be describing - maybe there's no conflict at all? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse