Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Occult Police?, Fact or Fiction
Petrus
post Sep 29 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #31

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Imperial Arts @ Jul 21 2007, 11:36 AM) *

[color=#3333FF]Funny how an Occult Police force could fail to stop the 3rd Reich.

Forgive me, Imperial, but who says they failed? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The Third Reich fell, didn't it? I can remember hearing about Churchill, despite being an atheist, getting English occultists to counter whatever it was that Hitler's magicians were trying to do. The Reich wasn't really in anyone's best interests, so I feel as though I could only speculate as to what diverse groups were trying to stop it...it was basically the real world's answer to the War of the Ring.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Petrus
post Sep 29 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #32

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acid09 @ Dec 14 2007, 09:00 AM) *

These guys sound like a bunch of nazis and of themselves. However I'll have to admit I am hard pressed to believe in the existance of any such organization, let alone speculate on their core values. Sounds more like a spin off from the Illuminati or the church of Opus Dei.

In terms of the Cleaners and the Watchers' Council, there have been that many of these types of orgs in fiction that I'm inclined to believe they must have been inspired by something.

As far as them being fascist is concerned, I wouldn't necessarily go that far myself, although I know vigilantes tend to look that way from a certain point of view, especially if they're self-appointed. I could see scenarios though where such an organisation could be highly necessary.

One of the theories that I heard once about why Jesus was crucified was supposedly because having abilities like his and demonstrating them publically was against the rules...the reason being that if people saw them who weren't otherwise at that level of development themselves, it would mess up their own process of liberation and realising the truth of things at their own pace, and in their own way. I read an Indian story once where this guy publically flew over a crowd of people, and supposedly the Buddha found out about it, reprimanded him, and actually caused him to regress by several lifetimes, developmentally, as punishment.

As far as them being unable to stop the Illuminati is concerned, maybe they actually do hold them in check to some degree. A number of them have been heard to complain about how long (hundreds, maybe thousands of years) it has taken to create the sort of scenario they want, and about how the current ones living finally want to get it implemented within their lifetimes. It's possible that any number of other groups could have been holding them back, including this supposed police group.

--------------------
Magical Evocation. All the fun of train surfing, without having to leave the house.

+Quote Post

Praxis
post Nov 30 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #33

Mage
Group Icon

The conceit of their being Occult Police that are contacted and dispatched to deal with nefarious issues - by simply visualizing a green cross - is an absolutely brilliant way to give people who need it a very basic way to let go of tendencies for seeking revenge.

This post has been edited by Praxis: Nov 30 2008, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
2 Pages< 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse