Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Twin / Doubling Up
Chahel
post Apr 6 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

For the past few months, I have been trying to repeat certain things which have happened to me in obe. A few times, I have combined forms (accidentally) of myself and been surprised by the outcome. Although I try each night to accomplish this, I have had only one success. It was in lucid dreaming, however. The clarity was magnificent, but I was trying for it to be in obe. It's like ordering a fine wine and getting served grape juice. Sweet, but lacking in potency. I'm calling it a success, perhaps, because I don't want to feel like a complete arse.

Anyway, if anyone has tips or even casual advice, I would appreciate it. I should mention that this is taking up most of my resources and that my usual obe work and dreaming has fallen under. In fact, the last time I was even semi-lucid was a few days ago and that amounted to little more than watching a tall blonde man in a light green suit watching me from afar. This is very far from how good it can be and it worries me. My opinions are that I'm trying too hard, that it's time to just give up, that I need to step back and just let it come on its own, or that I'm afraid of it working.

This post has been edited by Chahel: Apr 6 2005, 11:42 PM

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Apr 7 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #2

simoniconist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chahel @ Apr 6 2005, 11:39 PM)
A few times, I have combined forms (accidentally) of myself and been surprised by the outcome.

Can yu please clarify what yu mean by this?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 8 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #3

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Lucid dreaming is just a matter of conditioning. Follow your modle that taught you how to be clarivoyant then find where semi-lucidity is at. That point in your teaching is where you should go.

As far as OBE and combining. I would seriously make sure you know with what/whom you are combining with. If you believe in gods the best thing to start "combining"- I get to explaining this to others in a minute -is with your highest and most benevolent god form. A wiccan male would combine with the horned god Cernnunos and a female with Dianna, or mother earth for simplisity sake.

Combining, if I am correct about what chahel means, is the practice of assuming an archetypal form (the self(ves) can fit this description) to gain its abilites for a period of time, regardless if its a part of a lucid dream, ritual or obe (though obe is probably the most intense). Perhaps Chahel should attempt to combine with the archetypal chahel, this is an angelic name correct? Angels are good entities to experiment with, especially if you are serious about learning from them. I attempt it with dragons. However if the archetype is goetic (they all sound the same to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) you should probably avoid it, until you gain more practice, unless its specifically for beginners. Any demon you could "combine" with wheather friendly or not is a powerful force that can damage an inexperinced person. Just look before you leap and you'll be fine.

Another thing to point out is that if you have a friend or partner willing and experinced enough to try you can learn from each other. Just make sure its somebody you don't care knows your secrets, even if they forget them its still in their minds and it can come back to haunt you.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000002.gif)

This post has been edited by Acid09: Apr 8 2005, 06:35 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Chahel
post Apr 10 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ashnook @ Apr 7 2005, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE(Chahel @ Apr 6 2005, 11:39 PM)
A few times, I have combined forms (accidentally) of myself and been surprised by the outcome.

Can yu please clarify what yu mean by this?

Yes, it would help if the readers were able to decipher what I was talking about.

A few times after I have left my body, a strange thing happens, my awareness is pulled forward into an extra body that seems to have been behind me the whole time. I am able to remember the coming forward through the current body and walking through it. At that moment, the initial body falls asleep. The exercise I'm attempting is to combine the two bodies into one. I've done it before, by accident, and this is what I am having trouble repeating.

The exercise should go like this, if I am properly remembering the previous sequences of events: 1) Leave body, 2) enjoy it for a time, 3) fall asleep using my current (2nd) body, 4) allow the 3rd body to come forward, 5) go back and enter the 2nd body with the 3rd body, thereby reawakening the 2nd and merging awareness.

Those are the actions that I am trying for.

+Quote Post

Chahel
post Apr 10 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acid09 @ Apr 8 2005, 07:30 PM)
(1) Follow your modle that taught you how to be clarivoyant then find where semi-lucidity is at. That point in your teaching is where you should go.

(2)As far as OBE and combining. I would seriously make sure you know with what/whom you are combining with.

(3)Combining, if I am correct about what chahel means, is the practice of assuming an archetypal form (the self(ves) can fit this description) to gain its abilites for a period of time, regardless if its a part of a lucid dream, ritual or obe (though obe is probably the most intense).

(4)Perhaps Chahel should attempt to combine with the archetypal chahel, this is an angelic name correct?

(5)Another thing to point out is that if you have a friend or partner willing and experinced enough to try you can learn from each other. Just make sure its somebody you don't care knows your secrets, even if they forget them its still in their minds and it can come back to haunt you.

Acid09 - I've divided certain things from your post in order to address them correctly. I still haven't gotten the hang of quoting, on this site.

(1) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by these two statements. If you can clarify, I would appreciate it.

(2) The words used in the initial post were confusing. I've clarified what I wrote, hopefully, in the above post to Ashnook. I will be combining two of me.

(3) Yes, you got it. It is the selves. The lucid dream was much less intense than when it happened in obe.

(4) I suppose it does qualify as an archetype. Body 2 was the regular vehicle for obe, Body 3 seems to be an advanced version. The combination of the two, though, is utterly dynamic. I don't know how to answer if Chahel is an angelic name or not. It is not in the proper language, but its definition could be seen as being angelic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)

(5) Unfortunately, I don't have a counter-part, at this time. I'll keep that in mind if I find myself in the position of sharing.

Peace to you too!

This post has been edited by Chahel: Apr 10 2005, 11:04 PM

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 11 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

(1) I'm not entirely sure what you mean by these two statements. If you can clarify, I would appreciate it.

How did you learn to have lucid dreams? Probably a book. Of course you know you need not share that just consider what it took to learn to have lucid dreams and review your skill. If you're intermediate you should start where it suits you best. If some of the basics still elude you review the book from the beginning and pick up where you're skill level is. If you're just going off a paragraph or two about lucid dreaming you should seriously consider getting more indepth matterial because it will give more excersices that will be more effective. Especially if you're going to practice more than just consous dreaming.

(2) The words used in the initial post were confusing. I've clarified what I wrote, hopefully, in the above post to Ashnook. I will be combining two of me.

(3) Yes, you got it. It is the selves. The lucid dream was much less intense than when it happened in obe.

If this is all you wish to do invoke a lucid dream and create a body sized mirror and see your relfection as the embodiment you wish to merge with. At this point simply reach out and touch the reflection with the intent of merging (Like steping into a door way. Suddenly your mirror image is you within the mirror! Being inside the mirror as the reflection explore your mirror world as you wish. To merge with another form create another mirror the reflects the embodiment you wish merge with. To separate simply create the same mirror (With no reflection) and step out seeing a reflection. You must do this for each thought form. The proccess is the same on the astral planes. Just let your intent guide you.

This post has been edited by Acid09: Apr 11 2005, 02:39 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Chahel
post Apr 11 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #7

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acid09 @ Apr 11 2005, 03:36 PM)
(1)How did you learn to have lucid dreams?...Especially if you're going to practice more than just consous dreaming.

(2)If this is all you wish to do invoke a lucid dream and create a body sized mirror and see your relfection as the embodiment you wish to merge with... Just let your intent guide you.

Acid09 - (1)The part where I was confused about your statement was when you said "Follow your modle that taught you how to be clarivoyant then find where semi-lucidity is at." I took it to mean that you were suggesting that I map where my awareness is at in my non-physical body at the time of lucidity or obe. You did not mean this, however. I found the words confusing, so thank you for clarifying.

(2) No. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). The mechanics are not what is giving me a headache. I know the steps needed to accomplish the operation. Your steps sound interesting, but I am not looking to make it more complex. That is not in my best interests, but will consider it in the future after I have overcome my current concern.

My troubles can be summed up easily. My mind (or whatever) is balking at getting the job done. Normally, I have no problem getting lucid or out. Since determining that I wanted to accomplish this, and demanding that it be done, I have been blocked. That is the only problem.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Apr 12 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #8

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

My troubles can be summed up easily. My mind (or whatever) is balking at getting the job done. Normally, I have no problem getting lucid or out. Since determining that I wanted to accomplish this, and demanding that it be done, I have been blocked. That is the only problem.

Then my advice is you meditate with the intent of unblocking. By using this as your intent it'll be easier to focus on that issue.

Your steps sound interesting, but I am not looking to make it more complex.

My technique is about as simple as I can make it with out ignoring certain per-cautionary issues. By using mirrors as doors you create a safty net in which to contain your additional thought forms and prevent them from surfaceing when you don't want them to. However if you have a better method please do ignore my meager ramblings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/victory.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Chahel
post Apr 12 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Yes, that is something I need to do more of. Mostly my meditations are like drifting on a lake. Time to get the oars wet again. You're right, I'll have to be more active on this.

I found your posts helpful and they caused me to think. I am honestly hoping that you did not take my replies to mean that I thought that yours were "meager ramblings". The problem with written replies is that it's difficult to gauge the other person's state of mind. I probably come off as a tight-ass, at times, but I think that it's just the style or the fact that usually I write for business. If my tone sounds bitchy to you ever, please remember that I'm just a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mfight.gif) who doesn't want to be a jerk to anyone, but who sometimes manages to annoy others inadvertently.

Anyway, the meditation advice will be put to use tonight. Thanks again.

This post has been edited by Chahel: Apr 12 2005, 09:38 PM

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse