8 Pages« < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Member Profiles, Getting to know YOU...
lightseeker
post Dec 2 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #151

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca, Witchcraft (Gardenarian, Alexandrian, Stregonian), Shamanism and Druidism.

Other paths of interest: Kabbalah

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Not really....I have toyed with the pendulum and Tarot, but I'm not very good at it. I am planning on beginning Tarot contemplation rituals in a few days. I have The Golden Dawn Tarot deck which I purchased back in the early 90's.

Do you have psychic talents? Either I do to a small degree, or I am quite deluded.

+===+

Favorite poet: Not really into poetry, but I am quite fond of Robert Browning's poem, : To the Dark Tower Childe Roland Came."

Favorite musical artist or band: I am into rock, classic rock of all types. My favorite classic rock band is Zeppelin. Favorite current bands, Wolfmother and Godsmack. I am also fond of Theory of a Dead Man and (here it comes...) Nickelback. I also enjoy some classic country... (weird combination, I know) particularly Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard.

Favorite book/s: Witchcraft Theory and Practice by Ly De Angeles, Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig, the 21 Lessons of Merlin by Douglas Monroe (I know, I know....but I did really enjoy the book.) Other favorite books not occult related: The Stand by Stephen King, the Hobbit, Liberty and Tyranny by Mark R. Levin, and what I've listened to of the audiobook "The Gnostic Bible."

Favorite film/s: The Princess Bride

Favorite quote: “To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter.” --Aleister Crowley

Favorite television show: Dexter!

Do you have any hobbies? Yes. I play guitar, I enjoy metal detecting and I am considering to taking up painting.

Anything else you wanna tell us? People who know me say that I am "intense," whatever that is supposed to mean.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ParadoxAngel
post Dec 14 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #152

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: haha, I realize it's pathetic that I am not sure what all this entails. I'm not heavily into the occult (or maybe I am, but not the way I think many people here are?)

Other paths of interest:

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: in dreams, but they come rarely, and I only generally remember them moments before the event occurs

Do you have psychic talents? Yes. I speak with, hear, and see most forms from the other side on a regular basis. Angels, demons, ghosts. Several other things for which I have not names. I generally practiced this last year with a group of friends who had different talents than I to determine that I wasn't just crazy. We had one ghost tell me and my friend C the answers to a few basic questions (what is your favorite color, think of a number, things like that). He was incredibly reliable. All our answers were the same.

+Quote Post

Torey
post Dec 23 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #153

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: My path is Theistic Satanism, but I have, in the past, studied and/or practiced: Wicca, Ceremonial Magic, Kabbalah, aspects of Shamanism, Atheism, Demonolatry, Scientology, Chaos Magic(k) and Traditional Witchcraft.

Other paths of interest: Typhonian Tradition, Chaos Magic(k), Shamanism.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Occasionally. Most readily I use L-Rods and the pendulum, although I do also use the Tarot from time to time.

Do you have psychic talents? I wouldn't call them talents, at least I don't believe that I have anything that no one else has. I experience the occasional precognitive episode and, from time to time, claircognizance.

+===+

Favorite poet: I doubt i could name just one. Goethe, if I had to choose.

Favorite musical artist or band: Rammstein and/or Marilyn Manson.

Favorite book/s: All books by Tolkien and Stephen King.

Favorite film/s: Too many to list - mostly epic historical, science-fiction and fantasy films.

Favorite quote: "Death is delightful, Death is dawn - the waking from a weary night of fevers unto Truth and Light." ~James Russell Lowell

Favorite television show: I don't watch much television unless it's World War II documentaries.

Do you have any hobbies? Art in all forms, playing piano (I am classically trained) and bass guitar, writing music (instrumental).

Anything else you wanna tell us? Not so much at the moment.

--------------------
"Death is delightful, Death is dawn - the waking from a weary night of fevers unto Truth and Light." [b] ~James Russell Lowell

+Quote Post

Rae'ya
post Dec 23 2009, 03:54 AM
Post #154

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I currently practice Theistic Satanism and Demonolatry, with a bit of Totemism on the side, which I guess is more of a technique than a path. I've previously studied Wicca, though not via a lineaged coven. I identified simply as an eclectic witch for many years.

Other paths of interest: Shamanism, Ceremonial Magick, Kabbalah, non-reconstructionist Northern tradition.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I cast runes and do a bit of basic tarot. I'd like to try my hand at skrying.

Do you have psychic talents? No, nothing that I'd consider 'psychic' in a tangible sense. I'm mildly empathic and have good intuition upon meeting people, but nothing to a degree of clairvoyance/sentience/audience or mediumship or anything like that.

+===+

Favorite poet: Blake, though I'm not much of a poetry fan.

Favorite musical artist or band: Evanescence, Nightwish, Thirty Seconds to Mars, AFI

Favorite book/s: Epic fantasy series.

Favorite film/s: Horror films, sci-fi films, swords and sandals types.

Favorite quote: "You don't have to do anything. You just have to accept the consequences of not doing it" - my boss.

Favorite television show: Third Watch, Stargate SG1, Farscape, Firefly, Supernatural

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, art (mostly drawing and pastels with a bit of acrylic and oil painting), writing (novel), cross-stitching

+Quote Post

Zacharias
post Jan 1 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #155

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca, Witchcraft, Elemental Magick, Candle Magick, Psychic Powers

Other paths of interest: Shamanism,Astrology, Tarot Reading, Herbalism

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Palmistry

Do you have psychic talents? Clairvoyance, elemental medium, empathy, Clairaudience,

+===+

Favorite poet: Homer, Virgil

Favorite musical artist or band: Cradle of Filth

Favorite book/s: Harry Potter Books, Edith Hamilton Mythology, Books by Scott Cunningham and Tony Perez

Favorite film/s:Final Destination, Harry Potter Films

Favorite quote:There is no limitation in your imagination

Favorite television show:
WWE

Do you have any hobbies? doing rituals

Anything else you wanna tell us?
long live for Sacred magick forums (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

OriginFairy6
post Jan 4 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #156

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I'm studying as much as I can right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Other paths of interest: Alchemy, Psionics, and Hermetics are my top three right now.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Nope.

Do you have psychic talents? My friends say I'm a natural empath I guess. XD

+===+

Favorite poet: E. A. Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: Anything but Country (sorry)

Favorite book/s: Too many books to list.

Favorite film/s: Soon to add to list: Avatar. But I love Tim Burton and Jhonny Depp films

Favorite quote: Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all - Helen Keller

Favorite television show: I don't watch TV D':

Do you have any hobbies? Drawing, Reading, Writing, Dancing, Singing....basically anything creative. I also love Video Games.

Anything else you wanna tell us? OMG IS THAT A GIANT MUSHROOM BEHIND YOU? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)

+Quote Post

Slyphhur
post Jan 13 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #157

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I currently practice Neo-paganism, but i have also minorly studied; Wicca, dark-paganism, esotericism, mysticism, and few others

Other paths of interest: minor interest in dark-paganism

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot Cards

Do you have psychic talents? Empath, have a few prophetic dreams now and then and also have a strange understanding of energy

+===+

Favorite poet: N/A

Favorite musical artist or band: Metallica ^^

Favorite book/s: Magician, The Long Walk, Wizard of Earthsea (I like fantasy novels ^^)

Favorite film/s: Snake in the Eagles Shadow

Favorite quote: N/A

Favorite television show: House

Do you have any hobbies? Besides magick? Umm skateboarding and writing books/poems

Anything else you wanna tell us? I may seem a little odd from my profile description but hey who isn't? Even though I love fantasy i can still differentiate between that and real magick, i have been a practicioner of the occult for 3 years and have not really met anyone I can develop my skills with so I have had to mostly just do things by myself and just hope that I am actually doing something. I hope to find lots of information here and meet lots of people and hopefully make a few new friends. Peace out, and love to all!

+Quote Post

NeoeN
post Jan 23 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #158

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Hermeticism

Other paths of interest: None, at the moment

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Nope

Do you have psychic talents? No

+===+

Favorite poet: None

Favorite musical artist or band: J. S. Bach

Favorite book/s: Star Wars: Shatterpoint and the Prydain Chronicles

Favorite film/s: Secondhand Lions

Favorite quote: "The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?" ~ Moon Child from Majora's Mask

Favorite television show: Chuck

Do you have any hobbies? Piano

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nope

--------------------
Marcus Auelius: Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

+Quote Post

eternalmagai
post Feb 22 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #159

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: my soul has walked through planes of existence for indefinite moments of "time" on it's own, i trust it in this dimension as well

Other paths of interest: the most basic of magick out there... connection

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: define divination and i will tell you if it is practiced, as for My FORM of divination yes i do... all of us are our own entities energies and mental assembelings so why not be a divinity if not in one's mind

Do you have psychic talents? we all possess "psychic" talents, why would i be any different

+===+

Favorite poet: the wind

Favorite musical artist or band: the sun

Favorite book/s: people's faces

Favorite film/s: K-Pax

Favorite quote: "it doesn't matter where you have been, it's only important where you are going"- anonymous
" do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there; I do not sleep I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there. I did not die." - dan millman "sacred journey of the peaceful warrior
Favorite television show: there is none but if i HAD to humor you... californication

Do you have any hobbies? yes many

Anything else you wanna tell us? that in this world it is hard to find a place you feel wanted but if you look you will realize it was right in front of you the whole time, if you aren't comfortable in your own skin FIRST you will never be comfortable anywhere else (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

"ALL MEN WILL FALL AT SOME PLACE IN LIFE... A REAL MAN WILL STAND BACK UP EVERY TIME"

+Quote Post

personalreality
post Mar 8 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #160

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Bits and pieces of a lot

Other paths of interest: nothing specific, kind of a loaner, no tradition. But I do energy work regularly, some magickal work, Astral Project, etc., a lot of things magickal practitioners do.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Yes, dowsing (pendulum, L-rods), Rune Stones, Tarot

Do you have psychic talents? Don't we all? I practice intuitive reading the most, but I have played with some clairvoyant development.

+===+

Favorite poet: none

Favorite musical artist or band: Antipop Consortium or Madlib

Favorite book/s: Robert Peterson's OBE books lately

Favorite film/s: not a big fan of movies in general, I watched sex drive the other day and it was pretty funny

Favorite quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology appears as magic" --> explains my theory of magickal practice

Favorite television show: I watch a lot of shows, I guess deep in my heart my favorite show will always be Star Trek, I love the original but there are more episodes of TNG to keep me occupied. And of course, Stargate, but none of that SGU crap, I'm talking SG-1 and Atlantis. You can't just decide that we're more realistic in our TV these days and totally change what makes a show good on a whim.

Do you have any hobbies? Astral Projection and Dreaming is all I have time for these days. Between work and class I don't have a lot of free time.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I'll make a post.

+Quote Post

SororZSD23
post Mar 9 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #161

Neophyte
Group Icon

I was reading through this and thought I'd make it "official" and contribute a profile etc.

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Chaos Magick Theory, Zos Kia, Magical Christianity (Gareth Knight/Dion Fortune lineage),philosophical alchemy, folk craft ("witchcraft"), Wicca. A little bit of GD and a slight bit of Aurum Solis. I would call the following "mystical" paths rather than "magickal" ones: Dzogchen, Advaita Vedanta, Kashmir Shaivism, Classical Yoga, various forms of yoga related to "kundalini" activation and phenomenology.

Other paths of interest: I have a fascination with Thelema and Thelemites even though I'm not interested in practicing in that path. I am more interested in post-modern and nonchemognostic neoshamanic approaches to magic and mysticism. I've intentionally eschewed Enochian magic but I have a mind to begin dabbling with it.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Not so much anymore. I used to be very skilled with Tarot and also liked the I Ching. I make pendulums but don't use them much, and I occasionally practice scrying by glaring into water.

Do you have psychic talents? Yeah. Probably.
+===+

Favorite poet: Been a long while since I've read poetry--beyond what an occultist friend or two spews out--but I used to have a bunch of favorites from the literature.

Favorite musical artist or band: Led Zeppelin currently. R&B, and Baroque music. I used to be immersed in Asian Underground/Bangla-type music.

Favorite book/s: If I had a "favorite" it would pop into my mind right away, wouldn't it? Let's say, I like the academic work and writing style of Ronald Hutton (on the history of paganism and witchcraft). I was impressed with 1984 and Down and Out in Paris and London (Orwell), Phil Hine is my favorite writer among occultists. I'm currently reading The Illluminatus! Triology and a comparative biography of Dione Fortune and Aleister Crowley. I actually have a crammed, wall-size book shelf but I haven't much patience with reading these days (outside of what I page through in doing independent research) and most of what I read (especially pertaining to occult) is flawed, redundant, and disappointing.

Favorite film/s: I'm one of those silly middle-aged women who can't get enough of Harry Potter films (or "Lucius Malfoy"). Otherwise, I go in for those Brit period pieces, like teleplays of Dickens stories.

Favorite quote: Belief is a tool etc.

Favorite television show: Television is a mind-numbing evil. Intentionally don't have cable access or TV reception, although I have taken a fascination with DVDs of the Mad Men series. (I used to watch Law and Order, Absolutely Fabulous, and the Daily Show religiously years back.)

Do you have any hobbies? I play symphonic gongs and other resonant metals and often play them with drummers while dancing about and trancing out. I write and am a bit of an independent researcher on topics related to Paganism, occultism, and mysticism, with essays here or there on the Web. I currently go by the name Soror ZSD23. Articles and chat board entries authored under the name "Dionesia La Maga" also might be floating around. I make jewelry and other crafts, incense, ointments, and magical/ritual objects, and wander into the woods where I burn sigils in gnostic trance.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I am the principle facilitator of a local group called New Aeon Lodge, which is an enclave ("coven," "grove," "circle," whatever) for locals primarily interested in post-modern Paganism and sorcery and Hermeticism. Most of its members met a year and half ago or so through a fellow who then formed an eclectic Wiccan coven. When it didn't fly and the fellow went off to wreak havoc elsewhere, the members reached out to me to reform and we did so with a completely new vision and format. I am also currently collaborating with a fellow who publishes the online journal kult of kaos. Otherwise, I am a medical editor by profession.

--------------------
Leaving aside those principles of magic that play on the superstitious and that, whatever they be, are unworthy of the general public, we will direct our thoughts only to those things that contribute to wisdom and that can satisfy better minds . . . -from De Magia by Giordano Bruno (born 1548; burned at the stake February 16, 1600).
My Webpage

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Mar 15 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #162

Light Wielder
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Elemental magick, shamanism, natural magick

Other paths of interest: Peace (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: No, but I'm planning to get into it as soon as I have the money for supplies.

Do you have psychic talents? I'm an empath and I'm working on my telepathy.

+===+

Favorite poet: Sadly, I don't read much poetry.

Favorite musical artist or band: So many... argh....

Favorite book/s: Once again... too many....

Favorite film/s: Oh dear.... again?

Favorite quote: They're in my signature (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Favorite television show: Still too many xD

Do you have any hobbies? I play guitar, I read and I meditate.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Be happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

th0th
post Mar 26 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #163

Neophyte
Group Icon

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Thelema, Hermetic Qabalah, LaVeyan Satanism, Gnosticism, Tantra

Other paths of interest: Rosicrucianism, shamanism, alchemy (both spiritual and lab), sacred geometry, ritual sex magick, automatic writing / drawing, neurotheology

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: I read tarot and tend to put significant weight on the numerological significance of events.

Do you have psychic talents? I've been told I have some natural ability as a clairvoyant, but I've yet to develop myself.

+===+

Favorite poet: I can't pick just one, so I'll say Crowley, Jack Kerouac, W.H. Auden, and myself (I do, after all, relate immensely to my own work).

Favorite musical artist or band: Whatever I'm in the mood for, and I have broad tastes. Lately, I listen to a lot of Jeff Buckley, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, and anything Maynard James Keenan does.

Favorite book/s: The Secret of Light (Walter Russell), The Dharma Bums (Kerouac), 1984 (Orwell), The Book of Lies / The Book of the Law / The Book of Thoth / The Holy Books of Thelema (Crowley), The Bhagavad Gita, Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea (Charles Seife).

Favorite film/s: Pi, Schizopolis, Fight Club, Heavenly Creatures, Jacob's Ladder, What the Bleep Do We Know, Waking Life, Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Dreams, Yojimbo

Favorite quote: "A red rose absorbs all colours but red; red is therefore the one colour that it is not. This Law, Reason, Time, Space, all Limitation blinds us to Truth. All that we know of Man, God, Nature, is precisely that which they are not: it is that which they throw off as repugnant." ~Crowley, The HIMOG

Favorite television show: I don't have one. My enjoyment of television is fairly incidental, and if I could never watch it again, I wouldn't miss it.

Do you have any hobbies? Yes. I am a jack-of-all-trades creator (poetry and various writing pursuits, organic and synthetic music, culinary arts, pencil & ink visual art, etc.). At present, I am the producer and vocalist for a progressive / experimental band called Taon (pronounced "down").

Anything else you wanna tell us? I gravitate towards ancient Egyptian symbolism and cosmology; I've studied every major spiritual path to some extent in an attempt to pinpoint the syncretic threads that run through them; and my overarching goal is to become a spiritual teacher (in that light, I am gradually developing my own tradition). I call myself a Hermetic witch, but I aspire to be a ceremonial magician; theurgy (especially Enochian magick and Qabalah) fascinates me.

This post has been edited by th0th: Mar 26 2010, 03:52 PM

--------------------
z:.a:. - mucro pondera divinus
[ 61 + 146 = 0 ] : [ ªnode + ªngel = ªur ]
AUMGN for the restless, ARARITA for the Rest.
<< sevenspiration dot vox dot com >> (blog)

+Quote Post

Tsukuyomi420
post Apr 9 2010, 06:10 AM
Post #164

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca, Paganism, LaVeyan Satanism, Luciferianism

Other paths of interest: Necromancy, Chaos Magick

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot

Do you have psychic talents? I am very empathetic, I can sense beings that aren't visible

+===+

Favorite poet: Edgar Allan Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: D'espairsRay

Favorite book/s: Hagakure, Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard, Bible of the Adversary, Goetia

Favorite film/s: Perfect Blue, House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects

Favorite quote:

Do you have any hobbies? Drawing, writing, video games

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif)

+Quote Post

CreativeMagick
post Apr 13 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #165

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca, ceremonial magick

Other paths of interest: None

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Runic and some scrying

Do you have psychic talents?: Yes

+===+

Favorite poet: Edgar Allen Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: Burning The Affliction

Favorite book/s: Anything, really.

Favorite film/s: The Classics. And Anything Black & White

Favorite quote: None

Favorite television show: None

Do you have any hobbies?: Reading, Practicing Divination

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nothing else.

--------------------
-[live;laugh;love]-

+Quote Post

Ethereal Sight
post Apr 13 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #166

Light Wielder
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice:
Elemental, Chaos, Psionics

Other paths of interest:
Music, Anthropology, Psychology
Do you practice divination? If so, which form?
Yes. Accidental.

Do you have psychic talents?
I'm a pretty gifted empath according to most people.

+===+

Favorite poet:
errr?!?!

Favorite musical artist or band:
well, there's MY BAND (AD/HD) but I love a lot of music.

Favorite book/s:
Oh jesus, such hard questions...

Favorite film/s:
This is making me want to cry it's so hard.

Favorite quote:
Check out my signature.

Naruto

Do you have any hobbies?
Guitar, my band
[/quote]

--------------------
"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the Winter, and rejoice with the birds in the coming of Spring." - Hayao Miyazaki (Sheeta from the film - Laputa: Castle In The Sky)
All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. - Voltaire
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
Illusion is the first of all pleasures. - Voltaire

+Quote Post

German
post Apr 20 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #167

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: I've studied most of them on a superficial level, but I've really delved into very few. I suppose you could say a lot of my occult beliefs found their root in chaos magic(though I don't consider myself a chaote at all), but most of my really powerful and useful ideas(whether being utilized in occult practices or not) really echo shamanism: understanding the 'spirits' and everything.

Other paths of interest: To be honest, I'm just trying to understand how Existence and "god" works. And more than reading old books on the subject I'm far more interested in hearing peoples' personal ideas and theories on the subject. Of course, seeing as how this is an occult forum, I'm also interested in the possible magical applications of said knowledge, but for me it takes a back seat.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: No. Although I do tend to look at certain acts as omens of a good or bad nature, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly just self-fulfilling prophecy.

Do you have psychic talents? Not that I'm aware of.

+===+

Favorite poet: I like too many to really name a favorite. The poet I like most one day might not be the one I like most the next. I know this isn't a real answer, so I'll make up for it by posting a famous poem by Rudyard Kipling that's been stuck in my head lately:
Now this is the Law of the Jungle — as old and as true as the sky
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

Favorite musical artist or band: Once again, you're taking my knees out from under me. I'm a music-kid, kind of hipster-trash. I know way too many bands to choose a favorite. I've been a lot into Saetia and Old Skin lately. I'm a pretty big fan of Fake Problems and Bloc Party. Keb Mo for you bluesy people out there. The Loved Ones/La Grecia/Kid Dynamite are always good. Simon and Garfunkel. And I've got to admit that Kanye West is a guilty pleasure.

Favorite book/s: Again, too many to really choose. I think you should be starting to notice a pattern. I can tell you that my favorite author is probably Neil Gaiman, but I really couldn't decide on a favorite story, by Gaiman or not.

Favorite film/s: And the pattern continues to the point where I can't even really name any. I like films heavy in symbolism. French surrealism is always good. I'm a big fan of comedies, except most comedies are funny. I'm a big fan of psychological thrillers, except most of them are actually boring. You see where this is going.

Favorite quote: Wow. I can't even give you one for this. Way too many to name a favorite.

Favorite television show: I don't watch a whole lot of TV. I watch comedies mainly. I've grown mildly addicted to The Mighty Boosh lately.

Do you have any hobbies? I'm an amateur writer(like everyone). I'm a musician, been in a few(terrible) bands. I'm a student and a backpack-journalist(journalist who works in all forms of multi-media), who is going to college for a mass comm degree specializing in multi-media. I like to get on iPhoto and change the levels on pictures to make them look interesting. I'm a fan of recreational drug use(Ergine, Arlone, Amyl Nitrites + people = Party), but I believe in moderation, intelligent use and responsibility.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Not particularly. I think I covered everything miscellaneous in the hobbies section.

+Quote Post

esoterica
post Apr 21 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #168

left 30 aug 2010
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: aschan wicca (the moon is her lamp and she has many many names), spiritualism (as in spirit and entity communication), dimensionalism (aka the void and the causal flow)

Other paths of interest: everything and yet nothing

Do you practice divination? why look forward or backward when there is only now, and now is forever

Do you have psychic talents? i see dead people, and others that never actually lived

Favorite poet: none - i have no asthetic roots

Favorite musical artist or band: new alternitive rock and lots of eclectic genres - i am an audiophile and have mixed in clubs - i get a download every month chock full o new alternitive rock music

Favorite book/s: anything with el morya

Favorite film/s: anything with peter sellers

Favorite quote: the biggest mistake is to equate visibility with reality

Favorite television show: all long gone i'm afraid - isis (a saturday morning live action show with johanna cameron as isis) - the magician, banacek, the original night stalker series with darren mcgavin, search, the jack benny show,, the goodies (the british version, much-better than the stupid monkees)

Favorite internet: sm (of course), video game machinima (like master cheif sucks at halo)

Favorite video games (not in order): halo series, mass effect series, elder scrolls series, fallout series, call of duty series, borderlands, most dual-stick shooters unless the ai stinks or there's something the game does, or stupid rules it has, that turns me off about it

Favorite computer or game console and operating system: modded development 360, windows 7 sdk and fedora 12 linux on a dual-boot gateway notebook

Do you have any hobbies? mundane work is my hobby, and i only do it for money to fund the rest of my life - i develop character ai for video games, but i am always limited by the resources available to be able to make a real construct that genuinely acts and feels and reacts to unscripted stimuli like a human, though sometimes i can get pretty close

Anything else you wanna tell us? i come with a warning label

This post has been edited by esoterica: Apr 21 2010, 09:51 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Agata
post Apr 28 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #169

Unregistered

[quote name='+ Kinjo -' date='Sep 11 2006, 10:51 AM' post='18647']
Let's get to know you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Profiles only please or else it gets deleted.

Copy and paste this on your reply box and fill them up!

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: traditional british, hoodoo

Other paths of interest: possibilities are endless

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: tarot, runes, intstinct

Do you have psychic talents? I can feel peoples thoughts and I know the truth even though they're not being truthful

+===+

Favorite poet: Shakespear and so many others. I have a deep respect for writers

Favorite book/s: As I lay dying. --so funny!

Favorite film/s:

Favorite quote: When the sound of the music changes, the walls of the city shift. Plato

Favorite television show: Craig Fergesson (sp)

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, painting, cooking, sewing, gardening, making soap and candles

Anything else you wanna tell us? nice to be here.

+===+

+Quote Post

Nagash
post May 16 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #170

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: None.

Other paths of interest: Necromancy, Chaos Magick.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot (Still a novice).

Do you have psychic talents? Not that I'm aware of.

+===+

Favorite poet: Edgar Allen Poe.

Favorite musical artist or band: Nightwish.

Favorite book/s: Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy.

Favorite film/s: The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Avatar.

Favorite quote: Any similarities between your world and mine are purely coincidental.

Favorite television show: Time Team.

Do you have any hobbies? Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Reading.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I'm just glad to have found this place. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

--------------------

Any similarities between your world and mine are purely coincidental.

+Quote Post

Celisce
post May 18 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #171

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Not many, right now I'm just trying to learn. I have looked at astral projection, spellcasting, and more than that I'm studying the history of magick mostly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Other paths of interest: I haven't gotten that far as I am somewhat new to all this. But I am very interested in meditation.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: No

Do you have psychic talents? Not that I know of.

+===+

Favorite poet: Chris Redmond writes great poetry and performs it on stage with a band sometimes. It's called, "Ventriloquist". Also, Shakespeare is another timeless favorite of mine.

Favorite musical artist or band: I have always loved Joni Mitchell and Led Zeppelin. Recently a few of my favorites have been Cocorosie, Whitest Boy Alive, Kaki King

Favorite book/s: So many!! The Mists of Avalon, and the Wideacre series are at the top of my list.

Favorite film/s: I don't really have one but I really did enjoy Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland and then also Amalie.

Favorite quote: You make your world.

Favorite television show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Do you have any hobbies? Making cards, sketching, painting, reading

This post has been edited by Celisce: May 18 2010, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post

LadyMorwen
post May 20 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #172

Initiate
Group Icon

Wicca, Kabala, Chaos Magick, Elemental Magick (magick using the elementals).

Other paths of interest:

Sumerian, Ancient Egyptian, Daoism/Taoism.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?:

Yes. Tarot Cards and Old futhark Runes

Yes, Telepathy, Empathy, small portion of Psychokinesis.

+===+

Favorite poet
:

none

Evanescence

Favorite book/s:

Anne Rice's Vampire chronicles & the witching hour series

Favorite film/s:

The Fifth Element

Favorite quote:

Sapere Aude

The big Bang Theory

Do you have any hobbies?

Yes, reading & watching movies

yes

I love Belly Dancing
Tribal fusion & Egyptian style (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

HP.Bryce
post May 28 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #173

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Wicca

Other paths of interest:No

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Not intentionaly

Do you have psychic talents? Yes, uncontroled Divination happens in my sleep, Empaty and an affinaty with animals (Cats strongest)

+===+

Favorite poet: Poe

Favorite musical artist or band: Fleetwood Mac, Perfect Circle, The rest don't come to mind right now.

Favorite book/s: James Axlers "Deathlands" Series

Favorite film/s: Fight Club

Favorite quote:If you can do it better show me. Ok I will.

Favorite television show: The Colony

Do you have any hobbies? Gardening, Reading, Cooking

Anything else you wanna tell us? Not yet

--------------------
Please visit us:http://www.whitestagcircle.com

+Quote Post

Etheleona
post Jul 8 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #174

Initiate
Group Icon

Suitheism, the Inner Path, Design Magick, New Age, Dark New Age, Conscious Reality Creation, channeled teachings of Seth, Elias, Alexander, etc.; Lucid Dreaming & Dream Magick.

Other paths of interest: Chaos Magick; Deism; Taoism; Transcendentalism, Romanticism & Idealism, chiefly American & German (Emerson, Thoreau, Coleridge, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Kant, Hegel, Fichte, etc), C. G. Jung

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Yes. Tarot. I'm also interested in learning runes, but don't have any yet.

Do you have psychic talents? I regard psychic functioning not as "talents" but as the natural Inner Senses that we all have. I have experience using intuition ( Anschauung in Schopenhauer's philosophy), remote viewing, precognition/probabiity sensing, energy sensing, mergence, etc.

+===+

Favorite poet: Walt Whitman

Favorite musical artist or band: Richard Wagner, other classical, Neoclassical, Neofolk, Gothic, Industrial

Favorite book/s: Hundreds of favorites... Anarchist social & political theory, history, economics, geography, geopolitics, evolutionary psychology, sociobiology, philosophy, science fiction, classic fiction, modern fiction, fantasy, dark fantasy, poetry, art, architecture

Favorite film/s: currently don't go to films

Favorite quote:
It is the pervading law of all things organic and inorganic,
Of all things physical and metaphysical,
Of all things human and all things super-human,
Of all true manifestations of the head,
Of the heart, of the soul,
That the life is recognizable in its expression,
That form ever follows function. This is the law.
-Louis H. Sullivan

Favorite television show: currently don't watch TV

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, literary criticism, virtual art collecting

Anything else you wanna tell us? I live near Cleveland, Ohio & am looking for local friends who share my occult & philosophical interests.

+Quote Post

artifex
post Jul 20 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #175

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Alchemy, Rosicrucianism, Talismanic Magic, Ceremonial Magic, Cabala

Other paths of interest: Freemasonry

Do you practice divination? No

Do you have psychic talents? Occasionally

Favorite poet: Baudelaire, Crowley

Favorite musical artist or band: Saint Saens, Mussorgski, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Cathedral, Led Zeppelin

Favorite book/s: Morals and Dogma, A Night in the Lonesome October, Island of the Skog, Treasure Island, Lord of the Rings, etc...

Favorite film/s: Kill Bill, Enemy at the Gates, Pink Panther series...

Favorite quote: The drop excavates the stone, not with force, but by falling often

Favorite television show: No TV...despise TV, but used to like Crocodile Hunter RIP Steve-o

Do you have any hobbies? Firearms/Shooting, Guitar, Herb Gardening, Camping, Absinthe, Freemasonry

Anything else you wanna tell us? Not here to prove anything to anyone, just to learn and share.

+Quote Post

Dulcea
post Jul 25 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #176

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(+ Kinjo - @ Sep 11 2006, 10:51 AM) *

Let's get to know you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

=============

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Witchraft, Druidry, Shamanism (Native American and Celtic), Green, etc. and a little bit of Hermetic and Ceremonial, and Enochian. It's not really considered a "magickal" path. . . but Taoism as well. I study all and everything !!!!!!!!!

Other paths of interest:Greco-Roman, Asartu, Shinto, Egyptian, and that of most ancient societies

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Druid Animal Oracle and Runes. Used to use pendulums and the Udjat Oracle. Learning the I Ching , Tarot and Ogham

Do you have psychic talents? not that I have any good control over or happen regularly

+===+

Favorite poet:
no favorite, really. Maybe Poe, I guess. I like poetry of all types,. . but the majority of modern poetry is uninspiring. I like Otep's though.

Favorite musical artist or band: White Zombie and Apocalyptica

Favorite book/s:
I dont generally read fiction, except the occasional classic lit. and poetry. And I couldn't pick a favorite non-fiction subject of interest. I read everything from health and wellness books (western and eastern), fitness and nutrition, philosophy, anatomy and physiology, psychology, ancient texts, and yoga texts, religion, and Taoism, some science, occult and new age, and all types of healing arts.

Favorite film/s: also a hard one . . . Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one, but generally I like Action/Adventure or Horror.

Favorite quote: currently (it changes from time to time): " All phenomena of which we're aware occurs in the mind. Therefore the only thing we have to look at is the mind." -Aliester Crowley

It's a tie between a few: Burn Notice, Psych, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, House, and NCIS

Do you have any hobbies? My instruments are currentlyi n poor condition, but I play violin and bass guitar. I'll be playing cello again once I can afford one. Plus, I sing a lot. I read. I do yoga, and I summarize/transcribe important (to me) info into my own books, in order to have the info I want all in one place. Im working on my own herbal encyclopedia, and one one mind/body/spirit practices of all sorts.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Let's see . .heritage-wise: My mother was born and raised in Ramsgate, in England (as an Anglican, but raised us Agnostic) and that side of the family is predominantly English, until you reach about 200yrs ago, when they were all mostly Scottish and some Irish (based on a geneaology search). My father was born in Brooklyn, NY and his family is predominantly German and Jewish (with some Russian and Polish) and most of his family immigrated to the US within the last century. The ones that did not immigrate moslty became Holocaust victims or have long since died of natural causes. I am married into a family mostly of Norwegian and some Native American descent. My husband was Norwegian-concieved, American-born and his Father, and that side of the family are all based in or around Oslo. Oh, and I am the third born of 7 children.
I'm a bodyworker/healer in training . . but I consider myself to always be in training. I am teaching myself German and Spanish, and plan on learning several other languages. Until I can afford quality software or classes(which should be soon because Im about to be a Nationally Certified Massage Therapist) , I am learning from books and cds alone . .so it's going slow!! I am about to enroll in Muay Thai courses . .so excited!!

People who know me say that I am "intense," whatever that is supposed to mean.
same here!! Mostly jus my lil sis says it, but it catches on!!

This post has been edited by Twilight Siren: Jul 25 2010, 04:17 PM

--------------------
As above, so below. As in music, so in life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

diary-of dissonance.tumblr.com
&
theogonic-symphonic-tragedy.tumblr.com

+Quote Post

Wanderer2015
post Jul 26 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #177

Initiate
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: None

Other paths of interest: Astral Projection, Astral Senses (all things Astral in general), Ancient myths and legends from around the world. Races, species and beings of the Unseen World, the Hidden, and the Magical.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: No

Do you have psychic talents? Hints of premonition like dreams, high potential for deja vu.

+===+

Favorite poet: Homer

Favorite musical artist or band: Tarja Turunen, Sarah Brightman, Gustav Holst, Philip Pullman, and so many more that I've stopped counting.

Favorite book/s: For Fiction anything written by Tad Williams, Anne McAffrey, Frank Frazetta and the book Tomoe Gozen, J.R.R. Tolkien. Non-Fiction: The Art of War; Guns, Germs, and Steel; anything relaying to my areas of interest.

Favorite film/s: Dune the Miniseries

Favorite quote: "A thief would give a friend for a meal. A samurai would give a meal for a friend." -- Tomoe Gozen

Favorite television show: Don't watch TV

Do you have any hobbies? Reading, writing, gaming, meditating, friends.

Anything else you wanna tell us? I have been told that I am extremely mature for my age, and that it is due to having an old soul. I wish to find out if that is true, and what the soul has been through so that I may learn from my origins.

+Quote Post

seraph2715
post Jul 28 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #178

Initiate
Group Icon

Ive only really dabbled with tarot, but i've been meditating and spiritually developing in a hermetic type of path...i think ive learned enough to actually understand, practice and appreciate Magick. Altough ive used magick innately, i think im ready to learn and grasp all that it has to offer me.

Other paths of interest:
Im a performer, singer, actor, model and an artist... i pretty much like anything that can allow me to express myself....

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?:
Yes, i divine using the Legacy Tarot Deck..(the artwork is pretty damned good)

My main psychic ability is perpetual knowledge..Facts and answers pop into my head from nowhere, and theyre true! My mother always told me when i got old enought to talk and interact (around 5) i would use difficult words in sentences. For example...im adopted...so when i was about 5, one day my mother and i saw my biological mother in public, i didnt know who she was at the time, but when we parted ways, i said to my mother "was that lady related to me or something?" My mother never taught me that word and as a five year old its not common to use in a functioning sentence with perfect cognition of the definition. <----(this story my mom tells...i dont even remember it lolz) But anyways even now, tests and quizzes are a breeze, and im 18, and very mature for my age...as you can probably tell. Aside from perpetual knowledge i also have light telepathy skills (which i wanna make stronger)

+===+

Favorite poet:
Maya Angelou, or any other Black famous poet lolz

Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, Jill Scott, Floetry, John legend, Common, Andre 3000, V V Brown, J.davey, Jazmine Sullivan, Maxwell, Corinne Bailey Rae, Chrisette Michelle, Amy Winehouse

Favorite book/s:
Song of Solomon, The Secret, The Bluest Eye, The Two Marys

Favorite film/s:
Kingdom Come, Sister Act 2, Any Tyler Perry Movie lol, Friday (my fav stoner movie), Superbad, Kickass, Mulan, The Color Purple, THe Sound Of music, Harlem Nights, Soul Food, The Best Man, Harry Potter, Tomb Raider.

Favorite quote:

Favorite television show: Charmed, Family Guy, American Dad, Robot Chicken, Ah My Goddess, The Guild, Kekkaishi, Bleach, Any court Tv Show lol, Clean House, Reno 911, Chapelles Show, South Park, Def Comedy Jam....etc....too manylol

Do you have any hobbies?
I love to draw, mostly anime style, but i do a wide range of art....i dont try to limit myself. i do a little modeling, but only here and there to make ends meet sometimes. I love acting and performing, but no gigs so far (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)....i also love meditation, yoga, and smokin weed lol....is that a hobby?
Anything else you wanna tell us?Magickal paths you've studied/practice:

--------------------
My Love, What Did I Do to make you fall so far from me? And now i can recall because of the fall, selective memory...Then you, you build a wall, a 20foot wall so i couldnt see...But if i get off my knees...i might recall, im 20ft tall

+Quote Post

☞Tomber☜
post Aug 17 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #179

Zelator
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Hermetics, astrology

Other paths of interest: Christianity

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: does astrology count? I working on others

Do you have psychic talents?: working on that

+===+

Favorite poet: robert frost

Favorite musical artist or band: gorillaz, greenday, dre, modest mouse, red hot chili peppers, so many more

Favorite book/s: the screwtape letters, initiation into hermetics

Favorite film/s:

Favorite quote: In my sig

Favorite television show: true blood

Do you have any hobbies?: magic, working out, reading

Anything else you wanna tell us? no

--------------------
QUOTE(Vagrant Dreamer @ Jan 30 2013, 02:19 AM) *
Expect nothing, or you will get caught up in the future and not pay attention to the present. Just do the practice diligently, do it because you enjoy it, do it because you believe in it. Don't wait for results, don't wait for it to happen.

+Quote Post

Rae
post Aug 17 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #180

Neophyte
Group Icon

Magickal paths you've studied/practice: Not many paths, looked a bit into Wicca and other branches of Paganism

Other paths of interest: Eastern Traditions, I guess. I just want to know a bit about each religion.

Do you practice divination? If so, which form?: Tarot.

Do you have psychic talents? I'm usually on the 'What do your psychic impressions tell you about the user above you?' and I'm fairly good at it, i think. Sometimes I get things dead on. Still developing my talents.

+===+

Favorite poet: Prefer to look at what users have posted. My grandmother's poems are amazing.

Favorite musical artist or band:Hmmm...Hard one. Can't really answer.

Favorite book/s:The Summoning, The Awakening, The Reckoning

Favorite film/s:Phantom of the Opera, Alice in Wonderland ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Favorite quote: "The world's a forest, in which all lose their way; though by a different path each goes astray." ~George Villiers

Favorite television show: So You Think You Can Dance Canada, music shows, sometimes documentries

Do you have any hobbies?Reading, writing, painting/drawing (not the best at it), walking my dog, my cats, etc.

Anything else you wanna tell us? Nope, not really.

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
8 Pages« < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse