Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Dream Of An Ambulance Crash
Darkmage
post Sep 6 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

Ok, everyone,

Usually I don't post my dreams as I've a pretty good idea what they mean. This one, however, was odder than usual.

I dreamt I was sitting in my living room with my cat, watching TV, when suddenly an ambulance comes plowing through my backyard and into the house. I and my cat got out of the way in time, but in my dream, the ambulance plowed through the back wall thereby destroying my TV and its stand, into the couch, and came to rest *in* the weight-bearing wall in the center of the house (my house has few interior walls, but those that are there hold up the roof). There were paramedics inside driving, and no one in the house was injured, but that's all I could see before I woke up.

Now, something like this could not possibly be a precognitive experience like a lot of my other dreams for the following reason: in my dream, my backyard was open desert. In *reality,* for something to plow into my house from that angle would require the vehicle to go through the neighbour's house, down a hill, over a 50-yard, 10 foot deep fake lake of the sort beloved by AZ developers, up another hill/flight of stairs (it's how my yard's landscaped--two levels), across my swimming pool, and *THEN* into the house. Last I checked, for something to hydroplane that much they've got to have skids like a seaplane. Any wheeled vehicle'd sink like a rock. So...

In any case, I googled the dream symbols and while I was able to figure out that my dream meant some kind of momentous change was coming (DUH!!), the jury's out as to whether or not this change will be positive or negative. I'm leaning toward the 'traumatic but positive' rather than 'utter disaster' because that's what my gut says.

Anyone have any ideas?

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

valkyrie
post Sep 8 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

id trust your gut! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

after all, its sounds like you may have eaten something pretty disagreable before you went to bed. That AND your watching way too much TV. in anycase...lay off sofa land for a while! go outside and enjoy the world a bit (while its still green!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/banana.gif) okay maybe thats not it, but anyway..hehe, i tried.

+Quote Post

Acid09
post Sep 11 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #3

Health Hazzard
Group Icon

Well it sounds like for the most part you already know what it means but I'll give it a whirl and maybe it'll help you discover something new.

I dreamt I was sitting in my living room with my cat, watching TV

These things are comforting. They represent things like security, stability, peace of mind.

when suddenly an ambulance comes plowing through my backyard and into the house. I and my cat got out of the way in time, but in my dream, the ambulance plowed through the back wall thereby destroying my TV and its stand, into the couch, and came to rest *in* the weight-bearing wall in the center of the house (my house has few interior walls, but those that are there hold up the roof).

An ambulance represents a state of emergency, a need for urgent care, something that needs attending to that is very important. The fact it plowed through your house and ruined your sense of security and peace of mind indicates this is something important that is bothering you in a profound, or at least abrupt way.

An ambulance can also indicate emotional issues. The severity of which only you would really know. It might be major, maybe not - most likely somewhere imbetween.

You mentioned a desert landscape outside your house. Deserts represent isolation, loneliness. The most logical answer to the over all meaning of the dream is that pressumably you feel lonely or isolated from your peers (perhaps you are missing that special someone, or never found them, maybe you're not as well liked as you wish you could be, maybe your family has been distant) and its affecting your personal sense of security, maybe your self esteem too. But I think the desert actually represents introspection. Its not that you are isolated from the world, but that the issue of what ever the ambulance represents is affecting only you and only you can figure out what it is.

In away you dream could be interpreted as a premonition. That something big and disturbing will happen in an abrupt way. But because you know an ambulance can't ruin your house in real life - the house in this case is you as a whole - means that what ever may come won't be the end of the world or nothing you can't deal with.

As much as you look towards the future I would advise not to try to change it because you may only cause the future to happen the way it was meant to, or worse you could make the situation worse. Also as much as you look outward for answers realize the majority of them are within you already. I think introspection would be good for you. And if you are isolated and lonely I'd follow Valkyries advice.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Darkmage
post Sep 11 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Snarkmeister
Group Icon

@Valkryie: hehe, but brown is NORMAL here! As for having eaten something disagreeable, probably not. I get these really vivid odd dreams when I get migraines. Migraine + eating = not good.

@Acid09: thanks for the insight. Isolated and lonely I'm not, I'm an introvert but hardly anti-social. As for introspection, I do that a lot anyway. I got the catastrophe part, but I think for now I'm going to keep the dream in mind and be a patient observer of what's happening around me. I have a feeling things will become clearer in the next few weeks.

@both: as for the desert landscape, I live in Phoenix AZ. Desert is *normal* here, and more and more of it is disappearing by the day under the heavy equipment of developers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry_pissed_off_emoticon.gif) This metroplex is roughly 150 miles E/W and 120 miles N/S. At least in the outlying areas, though, it's fighting back. As they pump out the groundwater, fissures are forming in a lot of the areas at the foot of the mountains that ring the Valley (Valley of the Sun=Phoenix Metro Area) and damaging homes. So...now you know why in my dream, I saw open desert in the backyard--it meant my house was on the edge of town when it's clearly not.

Thanks again, guys!

--------------------
As the water grinds the stone,
We rise and fall
As our ashes turn to dust,
We shine like stars...
--Covenant, "Bullet"

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes