Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
 Lhp Forums, Put up left hand path forums?
LHP forums?
Think it is a good idea to have left hand path forums?
Yes [ 19 ] ** [61.29%]
No [ 12 ] ** [38.71%]
Total Votes: 31

DarK
post Nov 8 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #1

Zelator
Group Icon

I hope administrators do not mind me posting this up, of course the choice is with the admins, but I, as a follower of the left hand path thought it would be a good idea to add left hand path forums.

We can also discuss as members what we can add in the left hand path forums, I myself am filled with ideas and can greatly contribute.

So lets see how the poll results go as im sure there are many LHP followers in this forum, of course the choice belongs to the admins.

A definition of the LHP for those who are unsure:

LHP

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ClockKeeper
post Nov 10 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Neophyte
Group Icon

I'm personally not of the LHP, but I see no reason why you cannot have your own forum to talk about it. It's just another good topic to debate and share topics on as far as I am concerned.

+Quote Post

netzgewebe
post Nov 10 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(ClockKeeper @ Nov 10 2006, 08:34 PM) *
I'm personally not of the LHP, but I see no reason why you cannot have your own forum to talk about it. It's just another good topic to debate and share topics on as far as I am concerned.

I think it's a good idea from you! i voted yes, cause i am of the LHP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Nov 11 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #4

simoniconist
Group Icon

QUOTE(netzgewebe @ Nov 10 2006, 05:54 PM) *
I think it's a good idea from you! i voted yes, cause i am of the LHP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

I voted no. If there is a LHP specific forum than there would have to be a RHP forum for fairness. Then those who walk a "middle" path would want one too. Next someone will say "well I dont walk any path but I want a forum too." Besides, we already have the "infernal spirits" section. To go on for a moment, LHP isnt really a path in itself. Is one judaic LHP, christian LHP, cerimonial LHP, necronomicon LHP, muslim LHP, etc.

No. In my opinion, any "LHP" forum would simply be discussions that already fit in the "infernal spirits" forum.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blablabla.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fearn
post Nov 11 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #5

Neophyte
Group Icon

Ooops I pushed no (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angry_pissed_off_emoticon.gif) . I meant YES that must count for something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/face08.gif)

--------------------
I wish I had this hat...

+Quote Post

+ Kinjo -
post Nov 11 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #6

Bu Kek Siansu
Group Icon

Basically, a new forum will be created if we already have existing posts and topics related to the proposed forum. Usually groups of related topics from "Esoteric Discussion" or other general forums can base the creation of a new forum.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

DarK
post Nov 12 2006, 01:22 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ashnook @ Nov 10 2006, 11:03 PM) *
I voted no. If there is a LHP specific forum than there would have to be a RHP forum for fairness. Then those who walk a "middle" path would want one too. Next someone will say "well I dont walk any path but I want a forum too." Besides, we already have the "infernal spirits" section. To go on for a moment, LHP isnt really a path in itself. Is one judaic LHP, christian LHP, cerimonial LHP, necronomicon LHP, muslim LHP, etc.

No. In my opinion, any "LHP" forum would simply be discussions that already fit in the "infernal spirits" forum.

The majority of the things are based in RHP belief systems and magick, but there are some posts that just don't fit in exactly everywhere, i.e:

Satanism
Black Arts
Demonology
Satanic meditations and practices
Dark Matter
LHP Philosophy
Gothic related

--------

Some people including me are not too comfortable posting such things on just any forum.

As for the RHP forums... Almost everything else is considered RHP, RHP is not too rare in the community, every book you buy at any store is basically RHP, and almost every author. Neo-Pagans are RHP, Buddhists are RHP, almost all other spiritual religions practice the RHP, so there'd be no need for a specific forum for "only" RHP, when almost everything already is.

The LHP is not that illustrious in the community.

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Nov 12 2006, 04:05 AM

+Quote Post

Ashnook
post Nov 12 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #8

simoniconist
Group Icon

QUOTE(DeathStalker @ Nov 12 2006, 01:22 AM) *
The majority of the things are based in RHP belief systems and magick

Give me your definition of "rhp" and l will consider responding to that very broad and baseless statement.

Satanism

Gods and Godesses Psychology, Philosophy & Religion
Black Arts

Goetic Spirits Infernal Spirits Ceremonial Magick
Demonology

Goetic Spirits Infernal Spirits Ceremonial Magick
Satanic meditations and practices

Gods and Godesses Psychology, Philosophy & Religion Body, Mind & Spirit
Dark Matter

Ceremonial Magick Chaos Magick Sorcery >>>>>> Psionics <<<<<<
LHP Philosophy

Psychology, Philosophy & Religion Gods and Godesses Infernal Spirits
Gothic related

The Coffee Shop specifically >>>>>>Lifestyle and Entertainment<<<<<<

Some people including me are not too comfortable posting such things on just any forum.

That is why I have made the list above. While not complete, it can serve as a general guidline of where so called "lhp" material would fit very nicely.

As for the RHP forums... Almost everything else is considered RHP, RHP is not too rare in the community, every book you buy at any store is basically RHP, and almost every author.

That must be why the Goetia is so popular. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Neo-Pagans are LHP, Buddhists are LHP, almost all other spiritual religions practice the RHP, so there'd be no need for a specific forum for "only" RHP, when almost everything already is.

All Neo-Pagans and Buddhists are LHP?! What (IMG:style_emoticons/default/insane.gif) source did you get that from? Besides, there are NO forum descriptions that state "RHP" on these boards.

The LHP is not that illustrious in the community.

I do not know what "community" you are refering to because this forum does not discriminate against any particular belief system or paradigm.

--------------------

+Quote Post

mystick
post Nov 12 2006, 06:08 AM
Post #9

Light of Enki
Group Icon

I dont think a LHP and RHP would be a good idea. well the forum is called sacred-magick but it really does not go on the complete RHP. you do have sections on infernals, demons, etc etc..

If on the LHP forum you would discuss on how to achieve personal powers by thinking yourself as the only important entity to this world, you would not get always responses to this post from a RHP person.

Its is good have a neutral forum as SM and if someone posts on LHP, you will get people who are ok with that and also posts from people who are against this. The Mods are here so that your rights are respected and that you adhere to the topic of your post.

you know, if you find a problem with a certain religion or how stuff work in a religion or path, it does not mean that the Gods of that path are wrong. people have a lot of time corrupted the scriptures and one example is when the people in church come tell you to ask for forgiveness for fucking and put a 100$ in the box, then i would recommend that the Pope parents start repenting first.

My point is that its not because in some places there are stuff written that come against your own personal beliefs that you need to always choose the LHP. lavey if its correcty written used the excuse of the 7 sins to bring people towards satanism and women altars if i wrote it correctly. the point is not to move to satanism.. the point that one should clearly see is that if you find something wrong, then create your own beliefs of what is Good. If infact you see satanism independent of the defects of catholic churches a good thing and you find that you see your future in that path then follow it.

I have since recently contacted by some people who have chosen the opposite path to me based on experience of defects in the catholic church etc. and they always come with stuff like, you know lavey said that if someone slaps you on one cheek, then instead of giving the other cheek, kick the shit out of that dude and satanism shows you the way.

you getting what i mean. :-)

Well its obvious that its like a RHP follower telling that..lOL... but some LHP can also share their points as is the purpose of this forum ;-)

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

DarK
post Nov 12 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #10

Zelator
Group Icon

Well lets just see how the votes go, all have their own opinions it seems.

+Quote Post

Athena
post Nov 15 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #11

Zelator
Group Icon

Don't we have some private sorta watered down LHP section here that covers curses and such? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif). So I'm thinking we might already have one. I would say perhaps a section to cover cursework or something. There is already a couple of sections in the entity forums to cover some of it, but perhaps all the RHPers going on about how evil some of these beings are could get old. A Satanism section might be a good idea if the board admin would want to add it. I get the idea that these forums are mostly RHP though, so that might be pushing it.

Are you thinking a public LHP forum or a private one? I am guessing private due to your comment about not wanting to post some stuff just anywhere... I haven't voted yet as I don't come on these forums enough to have an opinion.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

TiacSway
post Dec 29 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #12

Neophyte
Group Icon

I think it would be a good idea.

As far as public or private......perhaps it should be private upon request. IE: anyone can see it, but only if they want to see it. I think there are some people that would be a little unnerved (sp) at the topics that may arise in such a forum, and therefore would not want to see them. If it were private in the way i am describing, then you would never run into the chance of someone getting irritated or disturbed by some of the posts. Would also save the moderators of such a forum alot of trouble, I think.

my .02

TiacSway

--------------------
I cast my lot with the shadows. May the Gods and Godesses of Night hear my words and welcome me into their embrace.

So mote it be.

+Quote Post

Oliver
post Dec 30 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #13

Neophyte
Group Icon

Lately I've been thinking that the Left Hand Path is as much of a part of the spiritual journey of the Soul as the Right Hand Path. So I voted 'yes'. It depends on whether you believe that souls are struggling upwards towards divinity or not, I think.

Christians say 'Hate the sin, love the sinner', but isn't it the sinner that goes to Hell? If this is your creed, then let us abandon those who walk in darkness. If you believe that good and evil are both parts of the mortal existence, let us reach out to those who relate to the divine in it's diabolical state. You who walk the Left Hand Path, what do you ask of your deities? Faithfulness? Loyalty? Generosity? Compassion? It's okay! You are learning to relate to the demons, devils, and gods and goddesses. Assuming that the Demonic is absolutely devoid of virtue is folly, in my opinion, because Demons are so anthropomorphic to begin with.

IA! IAO! Shub Niggurath!
Oliver

Well, that was a big mouthful of nothings, but who knows?

+Quote Post

nyechna
post Dec 30 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

My argument against having an LHP forum is not because I have any issues with the left hand path, but simply I feel that it is well represented enough here.

We have a forum for infernal spirits, for chaos magick, for the Necronomicon, amongst others. Why would we need to lump these together into a forum which to me would be disorientating.

And would this also mean having to have an RHP forum too?

Headache...

--------------------
Day of Living, Rising Sun,
Day of Plenty, Gracious Sun,
Day of Perfect, Grand Delight
Day of Fortune, Brilliant Night

+Quote Post

Xenomancer
post Dec 30 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #15

Rode off into the sunset...
Group Icon
From: AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON AKRON

Very much so. Upon experience, it becomes evident that there are contrast to all sides of things. Chaos with order, properly mixed to make that of which is like a fire in a smithy, to forge the works of one's existence. Just as one must make barriers and matrices to shield themselves, and then work within their new plane to create and/or destroy. One must have a root, built in structure by RHP work, and have the structure carry the powerful energies of an active hearth, like the contained power therein of the LHP.

One may be able to work outside of containment, but it is lifeless, for it is a containment in itself. One may be able to work with primal power, but it is formless and uncontrolled, for it is power itself.

(69)

Only in balance do things have purpose. Chaos within Order, Order within Chaos.

Motion must resume. I vote no.

--------------------
IPB Image
¡HA HA! ¡ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!
-Never learn the Art of Sword before the Art of Dance. - Celtic Proverb
-Even with spiritual power, an unchecked ego will only seek to deify itself. - Frank MacEowen
-One cannot traverse waters without causing waves. - Xenomancer
-I find it interesting that we as scholars of metaphysics have no problem discussing the intricacies of the threads of reality, but when it comes to the things that really matter, we forget them. - Xenomancer
-This world is your home. We have a mix of everything here. If you want better, make better. There's no rule of going elsewhere for the tools. That's what magick is about. - Xenomancer

+Quote Post

DarK
post Dec 31 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #16

Zelator
Group Icon

I've been creating my own LHP forums slowly, as of last month, it will be up soon.

So as far as the voting goes, well what can we say? Power to the people!

This post has been edited by DeathStalker: Dec 31 2006, 07:44 AM

+Quote Post

A_Smoking_Fox
post Dec 31 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Zelator
Group Icon

The LHP is well discussed here.
One thing you need to realise when discussing LHP topics is not to ask people for advise or opinions regarding morality.

I like talking about the LHP from time to time, while i do not advocate its practise and will generally discuss against it. However if it is made clear that the discussion is not about moral viewpoints i have no problem leaving morality out of the discussion. You just have to be delicate when phrasing the question that you make sure you do not evoke a moral battle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Anyway, i did not vote on this, because i do not care on way or the other. However i would not like for there to be secret forums and discussions i cannot see. I read alot more topics than i participate in and i would like to keep getting a complete view of the population on this forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)

--------------------
In LVX,
Frater A.V.I.A.F.

+Quote Post

TiacSway
post Jan 3 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(A_Smoking_Fox @ Dec 31 2006, 01:42 PM) *
However i would not like for there to be secret forums and discussions i cannot see. I read alot more topics than i participate in and i would like to keep getting a complete view of the population on this forum.

Well, i didnt say that they would private, just that the only people who could see them would be the ones that want to see them. IE: everyone can see them, but they have to ask to be added.

--------------------
I cast my lot with the shadows. May the Gods and Godesses of Night hear my words and welcome me into their embrace.

So mote it be.

+Quote Post

Lonshi
post Jan 6 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #19

Neophyte
Group Icon

I am not very familiar with many of the ideas inherent in the left hand path. However, I agree with many of the ideas expressed above by A Smoking Fox.

I have no problem discussing topics free of morality or ethics, if it is clear that the poster does not subscribe to, or want, such ideas in the discussion. However, as some LHP's have indicated they want to have a specific place where they can be free to discuss topics that might be considered controversial, free of judgment, I also do not have a problem with a separate LHP forum. I therefore voted "Yes."

A separate forum might serve to advise those reading/responding to the posts, that those posts are not seeking advice or debate about the appropriateness or morality of the topic. I have found that sometimes, when some members post, they initially do not make this clear, and they end up having to tell those that responded, that they are LHP, or that they are not concerned with the ethical issues raised.

Also, if a LHP forum is made, LHP postings in the other forums would then indicate an interest in a variety of responses, including those that may not reflect LHP ideology, or that may include discussions or debates that touch upon appropriateness or morality.

I also do not think that any potential LHP forum should be private, as I too read many different topics that are not necessarily related to what I practice.

Ailsa (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

redhand
post Jan 6 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #20

Neophyte
Group Icon

I see that some people have a miss-understanding of the LHP. They think in terms of "Good vs. Evil", and I don't think that is the point.
I think Ashnook has made a very good point on this issue.
In essence LHP, RHP, and MHP are just points of view, and are covered in most sections that already exist. There are places to put each of these ideas, but maybe, some of the areas that you mention could be addressed else where.
Now I voted yes only because this is a broad issue, as my view is made in the statement above. I think there is a way to do this without actually naming it LHP.

This post has been edited by redhand: Jan 6 2007, 10:01 PM

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Jan 7 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

I think a left hand path forum is a great idea. But in reality all they need to do is reorganize the current forums here and Maybe add a few new ones. I'll use for example the Necronomicom. It is by far one of the most powerful tomes out there. That is the reason we have a Necronomicom forum here, because of its power and MOST importantly its POPULARITY. Now if I were to ask most church going folk what they knew of the Necronomicom they'd say its EVIL and full of black magic even Satanic. Sadly, thats exactly what I've heard when I've asked a few people. Now, I've read the book and in truth while there are some spells in it that could be construed as black magic the majority of the book deals with gate walking, spiritual growth, and communing with ancient Gods and Goddesses. Not at all satanic. But even among the followers of the Necronomicom, there is a slight schism. For there are followers of the Urilla text and followers of the Maklu text. One deals with the Ancient or Old Ones and the other deals with the Elder Gods. I've read posts by some that vehemently attack anothers view. In the case of Alric Thomas who admittedly, follows the Old Ones. Thats his path and he should go where it leads. Its true that those that flamed him away used the example that he'd likely get some innocent person killed or committed for following his advice but thats pure speculation. What he doesn't deserve is to be flamed in a forum by other members just because his views ARE different. He has posted that He'll never post here again and because of that we've ALL lost a valuable resource from which to draw information. Even if the information is contrary to ones personal views. That was nothing less than religious intolerance. I believe if the Necronomicom forum had been reorganized with 2 sub-forums. One Elder Gods the other Old Ones then the dispute might never have developed and he'd still be here. While I don't follow Alric views I found them refreshing to read and a completely different perspective. And that is just one example of why we need to reorganize the forums or split it into LHP and RHP. It's either that or put an age restriction on Sacred Magick because of its inflammatory subjects.
Just my 2 cents.

In fact I think if the forums are kept the same then at the very least there should be an age requirement so that the innocent/ignorant don't see something that could influence them into doing something that could harm themselves or others. While that sucks for those say, under 18; atleast those that post here will no that there are no truly innocent/ignorant people here.

+Quote Post

DarK
post Jan 7 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #22

Zelator
Group Icon

Do you guys think it's a good idea if I post a thread which analyzes the LHP from the RHP, where all can contribute? Just so everyone can get an understanding of the differences, because I feel many people are not really understanding just what the distinct differences are.

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Jan 8 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #23

Zelator
Group Icon

No. Because it's not necessary. I've been thinking about what I've posted and I truly believe that all this site needs is a Age verification. Yeah, it'll suck for those under 18, but at least everyone who posts here would be an adult. Well by American standards anyway. There would be no need to worry about the innocent...ie kids.

This post has been edited by gmcbroom: Jan 8 2007, 02:20 AM

+Quote Post

mystick
post Jan 8 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #24

Light of Enki
Group Icon

QUOTE(gmcbroom @ Jan 8 2007, 12:19 PM) *
No. Because it's not necessary. I've been thinking about what I've posted and I truly believe that all this site needs is a Age verification. Yeah, it'll suck for those under 18, but at least everyone who posts here would be an adult. Well by American standards anyway. There would be no need to worry about the innocent...ie kids.

how to be sure someone is 18 and not less!

--------------------
"The foolish disregard Me, when clad in human semblance, ignorant of My supreme nature, the great Lord of beings"

+Quote Post

gmcbroom
post Jan 8 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #25

Zelator
Group Icon

The same way most adult sites do it. Through use of a credit card or debit card. Yeah, its not perfect, but it'll keep most of the kids out just the criminals and hackers would find a way in and they'd deserve whatever befell them. It's just an idea.

+Quote Post

redhand
post Jan 8 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #26

Neophyte
Group Icon

I don't think that one should limit LHP, RHP, or MHP to an age verification. Do that maybe with sex magick. I for one would not want to present personal info that someone might get a hold of. Besides in most cases you can tell the mature minded from the immature by the way they post.
I think there is still a miss-understanding here, and that Death Stalker's idea of analysing the differences could be a good idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/egypt1.gif)

--------------------
"DARE TO BE WISE"
The Enigma League

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jan 31 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #27

Smasher666
Group Icon

Greetings,

Nero has added LHP to this forum. Which kinda makes this a dead thread. However I guess you guys can continue to vote on whether or not you think its good to have one or not.

This thread could be locked b eventually because it is now a moot point.

Peace

This post has been edited by Edunpanna: Jan 31 2007, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post

al_zaine
post Sep 26 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #28

Zelator
Group Icon

I voted NO because like ashnook said, a left hand path forum would lead to someone wanting a right hand path forum and then a middle path forum. Plus, its all here anyway, just use the search engine for specific stuff or, if its not here start a new thread where we can discuss whatevers needed.
Peace
Al

This post has been edited by al_zaine: Sep 26 2007, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post

Fio Praeter Humanus
post Oct 1 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #29

Theurgist
Group Icon

QUOTE(Edunpanna @ Jan 31 2007, 06:47 PM) *
This thread could be locked b eventually because it is now a moot point.

Agree

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Closed TopicStart new topic

Collapse