Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 Trapping of entities in crystals, More power
Avitus
post Jul 25 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #1

Neophyte
Group Icon

Well I'm a power hungry crazed maniac so i'm always looking at things like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/13.gif) But its just an idea.

I have been doing a bit of research into the idea that you can summon an entity into a crystal or vessel. In theory I'm assuming that the entity is either actually trapped in the crystal or is tied to the crystal through a connection of energy. I got the idea that if you could bind an entity permanently into a vessel then you could tap its energies and resources at will without having to maintain any kind of concentration to keep it there. I was inspired by this document by Trithemius

http://www.esotericarchives.com/tritheim/trchryst.htm

I found this idea very interesting because according to some theories there are limits to the amount of energy that a person can hold or store and it can take time to gather this energy in the first place, especially when I'm alone. But if you could tap into the energy of one or serveral entities immediatly then you could draw on a continuous flow for more powerful opperations.

There are some people that seem to believe this is incredibly dangerous and others who say it is actually immoral (or something similar). Either because having a direct flow also causes a connection with yourself or the fact that it's breaking some kind of rule whereby I would be abusing the entities.

Any ideas on this, has anyone experimented with the idea or a similar idea?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Bb3
post Jul 25 2005, 06:23 AM
Post #2

Zelator
Group Icon

I've actually been pondering this for the past couple of months. I've had Bourgalt's Native American: secrets of crystal healing on order from amazon for months though and yet have to receive it, I'm sure it's worth the wait though as it will come with stealing the fire from heaven. Hehe. (I plan on posting a review of Bourgalt's book as soon as I get just to let you know.)
I actually own a book by Lynn Andrews that has a few chatpers devoted to enticing one of your power animals to enter into a crystal. The thing I remember after skimming the chapter was that you need to make sure the crystal will be an attractive place for you animal to live in. I've thought about it and think that this may indeed be a fruititous thing. It seems to me that by doing this you might give your power animal more freedom to go off and work on your behalf. Another benefit might be that the power animal then has a physical nexus point from which to enter the world. Meaning that the power animal has basically become manifest on earth for everyone to see. I'll read the whole chapter and get you some more information in the next couple of weeks hopefully others will have some ideas as well.

This post has been edited by Bb3: Jul 25 2005, 06:26 AM

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

bym
post Jul 25 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #3

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings Avitus!
I read the link and recognized it...though I thought it was Agrippa's work...
It certainly is a time honored method of evoking a spirit into a crystal. And there are many other methods of containing entities (of all sorts) into vessels of many and diverse natures; the Djinn in a bottle, a ring, the brazen vessel...a Babylonian devil trap... to a grass reed! Solomon shut up the spirits in a brass vessel...described in the Lemegeton. Trapping spirits/entities has been around for millenia!
I have worked with this principle in the past and am still wrestling with my own morality in its use! Do I have the right to imprison a lifeform and utilize its essence for my own gains? To some, it is a question that must be asked; especially when we have other methods available to us that don't infringe upon the unwilling energies of another... If the subject is a willing participant then...the games afoot!
Ethical behavior aside, when do we know that these actions should be made manifest? What are your reasons for trapping something? As humans we are very anthropocentric, often feeling that we are the superior being therefore entitled to act in this fashion. On the other hand we tame electricity and nuclear power to our ends, how is this wrong?
I've used the Babylonian Devil trap which is very similar to the device used in 'Ghostbusters' to entrap malicious entities and, on a number of occasions, elemental beings! The elementals were released after a pang of conscience...*sigh*
So I ask you, though the 'science' of entrapment is fascinating, do we have the right? Just a curious dilemma...anyone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused012.gif)

PS (this is an after thought, posted the following day...)
The evocation of a spirit into a crystal with the intent of communication/information gathering , IMHO, has not presented this moral issue to me. Where was that line crossed? I guess if it doesn't imprison the entity it is then acceptable? It is still intrusive to the entity involved. We seem to think that there are entities out there whose sole purpose is to satisfy our whims... I guess we could look upon it as that most irritating phone call during dinner (or any other inconvenient time) of a telemarketer or a poll taker... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fie.gif)

This post has been edited by bym: Jul 26 2005, 06:26 AM

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.
http://www.sacred-magick.org/index.php?showtopic=7662

~The Sacred Magick Management

+Quote Post

Avitus
post Jul 27 2005, 08:23 AM
Post #4

Neophyte
Group Icon

Rnt we excercising our divine right over the entity? But then what is the consequence of weakening an entity to the point that it can no longer perform its function? Do we interupt a balance and become open season for all to attack?

+Quote Post

aniler
post Aug 1 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Initiate
Group Icon

As for do we have the right to do this well i can't eleviate your conscious for you as thats for each to decide on their own . Personally i see no problems with it does this make me an imoral person .? lol I see it more as forfilling a need same as eating meat , you need it so you kill and eat it . Besides if you converse with the entities you might find that their not all that unwilling all the time , some spirits aren't and thats for sure . Anyway thats my two cents for what its worth

+Quote Post

WhiteRaven
post Aug 11 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #6

Initiate
Group Icon

well if it's a question of morals, try trapping an evil entity, you might stop them from doing harm, and in the process you gain energy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

+Quote Post

Athena
post Aug 12 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #7

Zelator
Group Icon

QUOTE(WhiteRaven @ Aug 12 2005, 12:05 AM)
well if it's a question of morals, try trapping an evil entity, you might stop them from doing harm, and in the process you gain energy.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

Hey, far too many folks think the entities I work with are evil! It is all a matter of perspective, so unless you are enlightened and all....

When I use crystals with entities, I give them the come and go as they desire option. I have found though, if you use a crystal with one, don't use it with others, but that is just my experience.

Athena

--------------------
Courses, client work, custom Daemon seals, ruby seals, magical supplies and more...
www.enochian.org &

+Quote Post

Bb3
post Aug 18 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #8

Zelator
Group Icon

Allright I just read the book by Lynne Andrews and here's the technique of getting the power animal into the crystal in the nutshell.

First make sure you have identified your power animal. Deeply relax and get into a mechanism conduscive for working magic. See a green light move out from your heart to the crystal. Take the crystal and place it on your solar plexus feeling a sense of warmth.

Move your awareness from your crown down to the solar plexus. Get comfortable and imagine sitting on a red blanket, see a sacred pipe, sing a sacred song of power if you wish. See the animal approaching. When he reaches you take time to welcome him/her.

Feel the oneness with the animal. Feel the golden connection of love between the two of you. Tell your power animal what you desire from it. The animal will provide protection against illness. Tell the animal how glad your are for its presence. Then allow the animal tell you how it will empower you.

In your imagination pick up the crystal and place it against the animals third eye. Sense the animal entering the crystal take several minutes. See the animal inside, in its natural habitat, feel that habitat, smell it.

Now in your imagination place the crystal to your own third eye. See the animal inside the crystal, free, happy, at ease. He'll be their for eternity. Know and trust your attunement to the crystal, sharing an electral energy, as within you, so within the crystal. Wrap the crystal in red material in your imagination. The animal is within your solar plexus, repeat the ceremony anytime you need to communicate with the animal.

Return your conciousness to the crown, remove the crystal and wrap it in a natural red material.

As for the idea capturing an unwilling entity into a crystal I think it's okay to a point. My thoughts go the leprechaun, the leprechaun has a pot of gold and will lead you to it if you capture him. However attempting to stay and keep control of the leprechaun afterwards would undoubtedly be not so good. So I would surmise that if one wanted to trap a powerful (would there be a point if it was helpless?) entity in a crystal one should plan on releasing it at some predetermined time of not too great of length.

--------------------
Mad skillz

+Quote Post

Wanderer
post Aug 22 2005, 06:10 AM
Post #9

Neophyte
Group Icon

Concearning all that ethics and morality about summoning entities into objects
....asking them should be a more proper way ,or summoning those willing to inhabit the desired object
..also it is know that some entities will be drawn to emotionaly charged objects without being summoned

i m no expert but they dont think the same way we do ....also they probably experience time difrently (hundreads of years could be nothing more than moments)

Are there any experts on this subject here?

--------------------
...you are just a figment of your imagination...

+Quote Post

AlricThomas
post Aug 22 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #10

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(WhiteRaven @ Aug 11 2005, 07:05 PM)
well if it's a question of morals, try trapping an evil entity, you might stop them from doing harm, and in the process you gain energy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/angel.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

Good and Evil are a man made concept. Remember Evil=Live and God=Dog Santa=Satan humans like to play word games and play by false rules and laws. All that matters are results in your work.

+Quote Post

bym
post Aug 22 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #11

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

Greetings!
It is interesting to hear the reactions to my question of morality and ethics in concern for the topic at hand. I think that, IMHO, one should ALWAYS ask yourself these questions when/where applicable. To some who post here the 'problem' (I don't hold to this idea) becomes moot because they view the spirits/entities et al. are but facets of our minds. In this case I'd have to respond with "Who cares?" about the morality/ethics of binding said facets into crystals. To those others that view these entities as separate from humankind, then the issues of morality and ethics should surface.
As a youth I did many things in the name of magic and science that I won't do now. Back then, a part of me was on a form of power trip. I was going to bind spirits and other entities with whatever method I could find.... My views have changed in regards to my place in the multiverse and I no longer feel that such magical operations are needful. All of you will face this choice at some point in your lives. It shall be your choice and yours alone. No matter what the decision shall be, I wish you well and remember to act responsibly and in accord with your own nature. Try to flow with the universal tides. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

KLURIK
post Oct 17 2005, 08:44 AM
Post #12

3 Posts Probation
Group Icon

Yes, it is possible to trap entities but why. Are your reasons just to use the crystal as an energy reserve for later workings? Have you ever tried to call upon an entity for assistance and gotten no response? Maybe someone before you were doing the same thing and the entity you tried to call was permanently unavailable. Maybe because your call wasn't answered situations in your life either did not improve or worsened. Do you really want to do that to someone else?

Also, entities can be pretty specific about the type of energy they emanate. Will trapping one entity help you with your workings as a whole, or just give you a little energy boost for some spells that you might or might not cast in the future.

What I would suggest is instead of actually trapping the entity in the crystal, just implant some of your own energy into the crystal. You can do this several time so as to build up the energy into quantities necessary for your magickal plans. This option is great because your own energy has your own vibe, and is much easier to control and direct.

Replenishing and re-balancing your own energy is easy and through many techniques can be quite enlightening.

To maximize your results, use crystals that naturally emanate similar energy as you do.

+Quote Post

bym
post Oct 17 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #13

Gone But Not Forgotten
Group Icon

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ac42.gif)
Well said! Sometimes I can't quite articulate my opinion and then, viola! someone (Klurik) does!

--------------------
Rest in Peace Bym.

+Quote Post

Wanderer
post Oct 18 2005, 01:19 AM
Post #14

Neophyte
Group Icon

Object charged with foreign energy can be of great use ,and i belive that entities trough material housing can have greater influence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/butcher.gif)

Also trough out many cultures there are tales of living and talking objects...Do i have to mention bottled entities or channeling divine powers trough objects...
(pices of bone or clothes that once belonged to cristian saints can be sold for incredible prices)...

(i m stil exploreing all of this so this is just my 2c)

This post has been edited by Wanderer: Oct 18 2005, 02:15 AM

--------------------
...you are just a figment of your imagination...

+Quote Post

Mr_Merlin
post Oct 21 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #15

A Light In The Darkness
Group Icon

Greetings ... I found this article on www.esotericarticles.com very informative .. it took me an age to get through it all ..

But ... I considered the thread's undertaking with all my attention recently as I have a few tasks such an entity could aid me with.

So ... ... I chose the crystal (an insignificant but powerful piece of quartz) and prepared the scenario;

First I made contact with the spirit/soul of the crystal ...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)... and received an almighty jolt of energy in the hand I was holding the crystal. Journeying through the metaphysical levels which I found to be opened by the vibration of the crystal I met up finally with the spirit of the crystal ... it assumed a human form for my convenience ...

It told me in no uncertain terms that I had no need to trap an entity in this crystal or any crystal ... the spirit of any crystal can be contacted and a request placed to have the deed undertaken (within reason) ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dribble.gif) I was gobsmacked ....

This post has been edited by Mr_Merlin: Oct 21 2005, 03:47 AM

--------------------
Hey! This life is just a dream. As in any dream the sleeper can assume control. Magic is gaining that control and using that awakening to full advantage

Married for life, to my devoted wife, who I have neglected recently but will do no more..........

A Light In The Darkness Blog; A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

+Quote Post

distillate
post Apr 10 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #16

My bag of tricks will always make you happy :)
Group Icon

Once upon a time I knew a guy who used this method all the time. The entities ending up escaping from the crystal and they were not happy with this guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sport_boxing.gif)

--------------------
"We have wandered into a state of prolonged neurosis because of the absence of a direct pipeline to the unconscious and we have then fallen victim to priestcraft of every conceivable sort. "

+Quote Post

Skinwalker
post Apr 11 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #17

Neophyte
Group Icon

The african currents have been putting entities into objects for thousands of years.

Has anyone considered the concept that a being might actually LIKE bieng put into an object such as a crystal in order to give them a tie to the physical plane?

Its not immoral if the entity wants to be in the object.

Skinwalker

+Quote Post

Skinwalker
post Apr 11 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Neophyte
Group Icon

QUOTE(WhiteRaven @ Aug 11 2005, 05:05 PM) *

This also assumes that your putting the entire energy matrix of the entity into the crystal.. While this may work for some ghost I cant imagine it working in the case of oh lets say Lucifer, or mabey Belial. Do you really think all of them would be contained within a crystal? And that some how one single magickian could contain this entire entity by him or her self?

Also who says all "devils" are a bad thing. Without the force of decay within the universe there would be no rebirth!

Just a thought

Skinwalker

+Quote Post

Vagrant Dreamer
post May 19 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #19

Practicus
Group Icon

A basic synopsis of the relationship between energy and matter boils down to, how tight or efficient is a structure made to contain energy? Crystals are perfect for trapping energy because they are made of matter which is perfectly configured for both attracting and channeling energy. You can litterally milk a quartz for electricity, basically - give a properly shaped quartz enough pressure and it'll produce a surprising amount of electricity. So, quartz crystals, the fewer flaws the better, are perfect for storing energy - the only difference between electricity and astral energy is dimension and frequency.

The purpose of an object - it's trajectory or perhaps totality of causal potential - is it's spirit. Purpose and Spirit are synonyms in the mystical sense. When you tie an entity to a crystal what you are doing, energetically, is altering the object's purpose, either by shaping it through intention - which is possible and over time can be even more effective than attracting or compelling any entity into the object - or by taking another spirit (purpose) and weaving it's astral body into that of the crystal. Because of the structure of crystals, they are particularly perfect for this, because they absorb energy easily - the more energy to pour into your crystal, the higher the frequency of the astral dimension of that crystal.

As to morals - Energetic beings are not conscious even remotely closely to the way we are. So much so, that we actually only interact with a specific part of it, similar to our own non-physical dimension of the unconcious mind. The concious mind, the perceptive and responsive aspect of what we are, is a result of our physical trap, the body. The body, like a crystal, is built to trap a charge of energy for as long as possible. We acquire the initial charge of energy from our mother when we are born, after the spark is stricken by our father. After this our physical structure is slowly built around this sustained charge, and eventually can sustain it independantly - shortly before we're born. When that collective energy reaches a certain level, it begins to use the body to feed itself experience, to hopefully nurture itself strong enough to survive as a standing density - interestingly similar to the word entity linguistically - of energy with a high enough frequency to survive the astral current when it looses it's physical anchor. After this most choose to be immediately incarnate again in a new body, and pass through the causal window of conception - or perhaps eventually other windows (test tube babies?) - into a new structure. Only so much of the charge can be held by the new body once it is independant though, so I believe the presence of the energetic entity - the soul - only lasts in full for the duration of pregnancy (I have not known many pregnant women in my life, but two of them radiated an incredible energy that I at the time thought of as extra spiritual weight. I attributed it to the pregnancy since i knew them before, but only recently came across this more complete understanding) and afterwards becomes the higher self of the energy contained within the body. if the two can remain in contact, and the greater part of the entity can, in crude terms, finagle a stronger connection to it's phenomenal part (its conscious of us, but we're not conscious of it), and continue to collect energy, then the entity can continue to surivive the current.

Surprise, not everyone has an enduring soul. But, anyone can acquire one, so you know who you are if you want one/have one. Some people don't care for one, and they have their purpose.

Perhaps not all of that is relavent but the relevant aspect is this: all energy is the entity underneath everything, he unified one, and all energy struggles to perpetuate and grow - it's the nature of the duality of creation/destruction and that duality is the necessary condition to induce friction which results in growth. So for 1 - Entities don't get angry, etc., they don't have emotions. They are pure consciousness and energy, and don't have the phenomenal chemical compnent necessary to respond to stimuli emotionally. When you project a thought at an entity in any fashion, you gain a direct diametric energetic reaction in response. Simply spiritual geometry. The only worry you have to have is wether you yourself are putting out a subconcious wish to get a negative reaction because you feel that you should be judged negatively by the energy you are putting out. This is usually a result of anthropomorphising energetic beings in order to further solidify our mutual frequency of communication. I normally suggest slowly peeling away the anthropormorphic structure of the concept of 'entity' in one's mind in order to achieve a purer state of communion with energetic beings. It can help to achieve a greater understanding of the influence and connection you have to your higher self - the one that's really doing all the magick in the first place.

As far as the strength of entities - some entities exist patterns of thought energy that have been given power over millenia, and these entities are bound by all of the traditional rules which have been applied to them as a part of that Purpose. If you think you can do it, and you muster the force of personal conviction to trap an entity like satan or belial, then you will, but you'll only be able to take what you can get your hands on - in other words, entities are fluid, because they are not bound into physical structures like you and I are. When you contain, invoke, evoke, etc., any entitiy, the more you get the more you can work with - which is why most people's first attempts at evokation, for instance, are either limited to purely internal notions or visions; or don't work at all. Over time, the presence is stronger because we're able to summon more of that entities 'body' at once. Spiritual energy slows down when it becomes dense, so by collecting more of it in one spot, you are lowering the frequency into something on your own level. The higher your own frequency the easier it is to do that. So, there are these factors involved in tying an entity to anything, as well as in any other related arts of invocation.

Before you summon any existing entity into anything, a good idea is to spend a lot of time before hand in communion with that being - the greater repoire you have with it's energy, the more of it you will be able to acquire on your first shot. The core of every purpose or spirit is to perpetuate, so by doing this you ground another part of an entity in the phenomenal world and offer it a direct feed line, basically, from which to draw sustenance. If you reinforce that acquired energy by giving it energy relavent to it's purpose, then you make the spirit stronger and therefore able to do more on your behalf - it becomes a pattern of symbiotic exchange. Give it emotional energy - it really is the thought that counts - because emotions are simply the manifestation of our spiritual interaction with the subtle world around us (it's not the ring itself that makes you sad, but the memories or energy attached to it associated with the loss of your dead husband.)

The better we understand the mystical processes underlying the world that we are interacting with, phenomenal and spiritual alike, the more effective and beneficial our magick is. We must learn to understand the physics of spirituality, so that we can recognize the truth of what we are doing and the reactions that we cause in the universe.

peace
Vagrant

--------------------
The world is complicated - that which makes it up is elegantly simplistic, but infinitely versatile.

+Quote Post

UnKnown1
post Jun 28 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #20

Smasher666
Group Icon

This reminds me of a Voodoo practice in which spirits of the recent dead which one had a hex on are trapped in bottles to aquire power.

It seems quite possible to trap an enity in a crystal. As far as morals go I would not do this unless the enity is evil.

One should think about the energy of the being trapped. If it can no longer feed itself by pranic vampirism of humans / animals or consuming sacrifice how will its Ka survive without feeding? So then you should be doing something to keep the life force of the being strong.

Even when destroyed a spirit seems to eventually return in full form. So when the enitys life force web low it may escape and re-manifest through this manner.

I am not saying that this is a bad idea and if you are careful it could bear fruit. I think one should think of the karmic value of trapping a soul however.

+Quote Post

xXDaemonReignXx
post Jan 3 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #21

Zelator
Group Icon

I dont know if ild be able to make contact with any spirits of stones unless it was obsidian. then it would be easy. you wait, you see, you communicate. But If all you want to do is gain some of the entities quilities you could ask it to charge a sigil or talisman.
If you were working with a lunna spirit and wanted to improve your chances of lucid dreaming you could evoke it and ask it to charge a piece of moon stone and keep that with you when you go to sleep. but I dont like the idea of trapping a spirit. what if someone else needed to contact it and really needed its advice but couldnt because someone selfishly traped it for there own cause. that sux (IMG:style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif) none has the right and I would hope that the person had a super bond with that spirit and called it regularilly and it became there familiar and actually agreed to it.

--------------------
“Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.”

+Quote Post

lordssword
post Nov 20 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #22

Initiate
Group Icon

I trap entities in crystals allot! i use it almost all the time, i call it chain necromancy. It works like this

#1 find entity

#2 open connection and talk with entity-i ask its name

#3 take said crystal (I use quarts and i store them all in 2 one stone)-make a sigil for crystal

#4 control entity and trap entity into crystal

#5 take a piece of jewlry or whathave you and create a sigil for the item that you take with you

there you go! I usually talk with the entities in the crystal and frequently use their power but i don't always have the crystal on hand. Thats why i carry the jewlery (for me, a bead)
BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN ONLY OPEN THE CONNECTION BETWEEN YOU AND THE CRYSTAL BY WRITING DOWN THE SIGILS!!!
My teacher forgot that very lesson and now....
Any way, I write my sigils like this------------Paper, write down crystal sigil and your own personal seal, then touch your jewlery to the sigil to open the connection(i suggest creating a circle, eather physicly or mentally so that no outside influences can affect you.

--------------------
THE NATURE OF THE BEAST IS REVELATIONS

+Quote Post

Closed
Topic Notes
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Collapse